News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fantasy Type One on One (Or small group)

Started by SpirituallyAddicted, May 11, 2007, 12:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpirituallyAddicted

Just got done watching the LOTR Trilogy once again and the urge to play out a light, plot based, freeform fantasy game took over. Basically stealing the LOTR idea, a pair or small group are chosen to dispose of this relic that is causing madness through out the kingdom. The way I'd have it is the relic wouldn't effect just the holder but the people around it as well. Causing madness and other undesirable effects to the victims of it. The ones chosen to get rid of it seem to fall under the effects more slowly but over time changes will become more noticeble.

A system base might make more sense if a battle accured, which they probably would but not being highly knowledgeble of systems much I'd need help unless everyone could agree to freeform well. Like I said a duo game works for me as well as a small group of four which I'd like to keep the gender of two on two even. Also not saying I'd mind switch players either. I'd just like to play out a beautiful story which would probably fall under the light/weird threads. Any type of fantasy characters, dwarves, elves, ect. Me personally I was thinking about a female human mage.

Just an idea, if I don't get them out they bug me lots.  ::)

Far eyes

An interesting idea, it might work better under a system game [D20] or such. As it looks like thay would constantly need to resist this [Item`s] effects. But thats just my mechanical mind speaking  ;D

But definetly interesting
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

SpirituallyAddicted

I know, but alas I haven't played tabletop in eight years I think it's been. I'd need help with such things...  :-\

Far eyes

Well if enough people are interested. And you would still want to run it in D20 [DnD] I would be happy to help out with the Mechanical aspect  :)

It might be an interesting idea to run it in Iron heroes but the system is a bit exotic and little known. So DnD would probably be the best option [Especially as I am one of those geeks who has all the books]

Shuts up before he starts babbling, or is it too late for that?  :-X
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

SpirituallyAddicted

That would be great if you're willing to put up with a novice at DnD.  ;D Honestly a little system would be good for the story I've been invisioning and if all goes well it will be a pretty long quest and hopefully exciting.

Don't feel bad, I tend to babble too. It's all good.  ;D

Far eyes

No problem.

I would personally like to go for an Elf Male [Some Melee Class]

A/A

SpirituallyAddicted

Cool with me. If you want I can PM you with the story outline I have so far, a few vague details and leave this idea open and see if it attracts a couple more interest.

BK Geno

Might join. Any type of fantasy creature or just the 'normal' ones?
Panic is ALWAYS an appropriate answer!

Far eyes

Quote from: SpirituallyAddicted on May 11, 2007, 01:27:55 PM
Cool with me. If you want I can PM you with the story outline I have so far, a few vague details and leave this idea open and see if it attracts a couple more interest.

If you want to I can see about putting it in a vague power lvl for the moment to see to the mechanic side.

A/A

SpirituallyAddicted

To BK Geno: Any as far as I can see, I don't see a point in limiting the type of character as long as it can communicate with the group in an understandable manner.  :)

To Far eyes: That's cool, I'll PM you a brief description of the land and story as it will go and you can see what you can come up with.

Far eyes

Well if we want to make place for Monsterus characters and our characters should be “Stronger” already some what of heroes “Or villains” something like lvl 6-8 might be a good idea.

With the rest of the world being more or less normal powered, so the tavern maidens and town guards would be something like lvl 1-3.

A/A

Far eyes

It looks like it will be

Level 8 [ECL 8]
With 32 Point Buy, Per DMG standard system
Gold is standard: 27 000 GP
Max HP for all Lvl`s

Monsterus races are allowed

We have till now
Female Human Cleric Variant [SpirituallyAddicted]
Male Half Ogre Barbarian [Me]
Male Half Dragon Sorcerer [BK Geno]

A/A

SpirituallyAddicted

Actually I was hoping for the human female cleric type.

Far eyes

Quote from: SpirituallyAddicted on May 14, 2007, 09:37:53 AM
Actually I was hoping for the human female cleric type.

Ah ok I just assumed because it was 1 Female and 2 Males so far [BK Geno] is playing a male right?

So everybody don’t listen to me I am just hear to look at the mechanics every now and again. The story and game in whole is SpirituallyAddicted`s :)

A/A

SpirituallyAddicted

Well I could have been less vague. All I said was I wanted to be a mage.  ;) And yeah he's a male.

SpirituallyAddicted

After looking it over, this will be a light d20 system base game. Meaning the system (as far as I gather, if I'm wrong Far eyes, tell me) will be used mostly for combat and effect resistance. Also a well thought out character sheet would be good, which I'm getting lots of help with mine.  ;D

As for anyone else who might be interested in playing, gender doesn't matter I've decided. The story could move just as well along as it could with a male only or female only group. As situations might arise I'm not going for orgies (in this one at least). Just a well played and thought out story.

I was thinking a hunter type, thief or tracker (think that goes along with hunter) would be nice. Some kind of ranged fighter or more melee types.

Far eyes

Yes I was thinking of keeping mechanics in the background as much as possible.

Just to clear up any misunderstandings.

SpirituallyAddicted is the Story teller and anything in connection to the game general and its story is up to her.

Me: I am just here to keep a hand on the mechanics in the background and play my character.
--

PS: SA don’t worry about the melee side my Ogre Barbarian [And some other things] has that under control thoroughly.  [Shines his Large Adamantine Grate Sword Around] *Grins*

But something like a Ranger, scout or Rogue would be nice, a Bard could also work well.

A/A

MagicalPen

Would one unfamiliar with any sort of system-game be ok for this one? From my understanding, its just for combat etc and the GM mainly handles that? Or am i wrong with that?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Far eyes

Yes the mechanics are mostly just for combat and some other effects, mostly just to keep the game near reality. And along the storyline we will be transporting an item that will tray to change us. So a system is being used so that it is not as Fuzzy as in Free Form.

Basically Speak to SpirituallyAddicted if she is ok with your idea and concept I can either Help you make a character or make one for you [As you please] that fits with your idea and can do the things you would like, or come close to them.

Or I can at least tray, It might get harder the further you get away from normal humans bit a fair bit can be don.

I might get into trouble if you want to be a Huge Dragon with 7 heads but I can easily handle Fey, Nymphs, Humanoid Devils and Demons, Various Mythological Creatures.

If Spiritually Addicted is ok with it spring the idea on me and I will se what we can work out :)

A/A

SpirituallyAddicted

As soon as enough characters are involved and the character sheets are looked over and finalized then dice will only be used for combat purposes and to resist the negative effects of the relic. Everything else will be freeform. You won't have to roll a die to get across a fallen tree bridge or to successfully make a tent. The dice and stats will be purely for those two things and I don't plan on killing any of the heroes so if it does happen you lose all your hit points then you've suffered major wounds and are either knocked out or unable to battle. Which is why it's good to have a healer.  ;D

I have no limitations on the type of character, like I and Far said a Ranger or Rogue type would be nice, heck, I can deal with a Bard too.  :) As long as the character can communicate in some way with the group and seems somewhat itelligent anything works.

I know basically nothing about systems but Far has helped me out and I'm starting to understand the most of it so if you're interested Silvestine send me a character description and we can work out the tech stuff from there.

MagicalPen

Count me in then, if someone can help me with the Char Creation process.

I'll play the Human Male Ranger type. :)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

SpirituallyAddicted

Well you can send me a description of the character and Far can help me with the tech stuff. He did an amazing job in helping me get what I wanted from my character plus turn it into a layed out sheet for your reference.

Far eyes

Oh BK Geno when you have your character sheet don just send it to me so I can give it a quick glance
---

After the Description is don just send it to me and I will tray and feel out what you want from the character. Don’t worry Silvestine if all goes well you will not even see dice for the whole game   :)

A/A

Caustic

Hm.  That sounds kinda fun. 

Not to be redundant, but I'd like to join in if you have room...

Dunno if you want another cock pecking around the henhouse, though.  Ain't sure I could play a lady too well... character'd probably end up being a generally pissed-off lesbian with poor table manners and no concept of how her personal hygine should be attended to... so if it's ok with y'all I'll stay with a male character if I'm allowed to crash this party.

Don't worry, I'm not always this crass, either.  Usually, but not always.
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Far eyes

Its up to SpirituallyAddicted

As far as I go I don’t mind another character [Do you know the DnD system?]

A/A