Shadowrun: Miami

Started by Melnibone, March 26, 2010, 10:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

The Hardware skill is used for 'the creation, repair, and technical manipulation of computers and electronic devices', and maglocks are listed as an acceptable specialty.  Basically, in the 2070s, nearly everything is electronic, including the security.

And thus 'technical manipulation' of electronic security systems, like, say, maglocks, can be done to get them open.  You'd just need a Hardware Tool Kit, which should be listed next to the Fake IDs in the Gear section of the main book.  Add some gear to help with sneaking, and you're set.

Admittedly, most of the security you'd still have to handle by hacking it, (cameras, sensors, etc.,) but since you're primarily a Hacker anyway... ;D

Keala Mensha Khaine

Awesome, I shall dig through my old character sheets or write up a new one. Probably will play my ork who was an Urban Brawler (basically hive ganger...err, sprawl ganger...get mixed up lingo with 40k sometimes!) We only using the main book or we allowed to use stuff from Street Magic & all the others?

Kunoichi

All the others.  I myself have used some spells from Street Magic and some gear from Arsenal.

Check here for a list of roles already filled in.

CrazyIvan

hmm... are you still looking for new people?

NotoriusBEN

I cant say how big of a group Mel wants to run, but I know that it doesnt hurt to submit a character anyways.

oh and Reiji, that chargen 2.0 application has *tons* of generic knowledge skills that fit into the shadowrun universe. I found it odd that Catalyst didnt even give hints on what could count as a knowledge skill, but if your hurting your brain to figure something out, this application definitly helps.

ReijiTabibito

Has anyone heard from Mel?  It seems like he's been quiet for awhile, and if he's not interested in GMing...then I know that I would be, or at least interested in at least finding a new GM.  I've spent a lot of time into making up this character (and money - 75,000 nuyen in electronics and computer programs and rising), and it would be a shame to have to just hold on to him.

NotoriusBEN

well, as much as I hate to duck out on people, I think reiji is right. It's no trouble to make new characters for mel's game when he comes back and Im really itching for a campaign myself.

what does everyone else think?
shouldnt be too hard to convert backgrounds back to seattle, denver, or another runner haunt.

Kunoichi

I could probably create a different character rather easily, all things considered.  Actually, I even have a few spares already made...

ReijiTabibito

Well, before we discuss making new characters, or moving the setting, or anything like that, we need to determine a few things.

1 - Has anyone heard from Mel?  The last time he posted in this thread was nearly three weeks ago.

2 - If Mel isn't going to be the GM, then who will?

Muse

Not I, not only am I booked (and really hoping I haven't lost you in my Exalted game, Reji) I epicly failed an attempt to run Shadowrun on Playbyweb recently. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AllieCat

Dang. Hopefully there's enough room for more folks :)