(WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?

Started by LunarSage, July 04, 2011, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

*sighs*

I'm no longer going to post in any OOC thread on E that doesn't directly relate to the games on E that I'm part of.  I'm tired of being questioned and constantly having to justify every word I say.  Better to just avoid any form of discussion at all.  Have fun, y'all.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Shjade

Explanation and justification aren't the same thing. When people want to know more about your point of view they're asking for an explanation of what you've said, or possibly extrapolation upon something you've said.

That's only a justification if you feel being asked to clarify your position means your position is under attack.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

And now for some WoW humour!

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!  Because of the topic.

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

TheGlyphstone

Callie Del Noire

Chris Brady

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

AllieCat

Hee Hee.

So, today I was looking over my bank account and I noticed a big charge from World of Warcraft.. I realized that when I stopped playing it, I had forgotten to cancel, so I decided since I already had paid, I'd better play.. so I got back in today..

So if you see Laiana, L85 Human Warrior on Moon Guard, wave hi :)

(and I see what you mean by Goldshire, I used to hang there (even have my collection of pretty dresses to prove it! ;).. but it was a MOB scene earlier today when I dropped by to see how it had changed :))

Edit: Hmm.. wonder what to do with all the stuff in the bank, no one but me from my guild has logged on in a month (small guild, but we had a lot of 85's)

Aiden

Callie Del Noire

I got to ask.. Has anyone done the 'leader killing' acheivement  since the ability to fly in the regular sections of Azeroth came out? I'm just curious. I mean it would make getting to MOST of the leaders a lot easier. (Ironforge/Undercity being exceptions)

TheGlyphstone

Shjade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 18, 2011, 03:17:47 PM
I got to ask.. Has anyone done the 'leader killing' acheivement  since the ability to fly in the regular sections of Azeroth came out? I'm just curious. I mean it would make getting to MOST of the leaders a lot easier. (Ironforge/Undercity being exceptions)
I believe you can fly down the corridors of the Undercity if you take the flight path sewer entrance...not sure, I don't recall trying it.

Thrall 2: The Garroshening. Yes.
◕/◕'s

Saerrael

Quote from: Shjade on August 18, 2011, 11:39:51 PM
I believe you can fly down the corridors of the Undercity if you take the flight path sewer entrance...not sure, I don't recall trying it.

You can, yes.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. so if you know someone who knows the lay  out and can lead the way in it is easier to get to the world bosses. Ironically it was hardest to get to Thunderbluff.. One run we did had half the raid get blown off a bridge by a quartet of casters with that wave back blast thing

AllieCat

I never got into raiding or leader killing, I've been 85 since about two weeks after Cata got out and the only title I have is THe Patient :P

Catching up on quests I missed during the march to 85, like that whole underwater zone.. yuck :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: AllieCat on August 19, 2011, 12:22:57 AM
I never got into raiding or leader killing, I've been 85 since about two weeks after Cata got out and the only title I have is THe Patient :P

Catching up on quests I missed during the march to 85, like that whole underwater zone.. yuck :P

I got like.. 20 or so titles (Bloodsail Admiral was fun), Yesterday I saw someone with the 'The Insane' title.

Aiden

The Daily Blink is really becoming a favorite web comic of mine lately.

AllieCat

Wait. Jaina/Thrall SLASHfic???

Doesn't that mean Jaina has.. ahem..extra equipm..

OH GOD BRAIN BLEACH ON LINE 2, PLEASE!

Shjade

The term "slashfic," much like "Mary Sue," has been used with progressively broader definitions over time. It's not strictly used to label m/m fics anymore at this point.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 18, 2011, 03:17:47 PM
Tried, it's actually EASIER to do it against the Alliance now.  Horde side has WAY too much defensive power.

Garrosh's entrance is a bottleneck with wall, forcing you to either split your forces to cover the two ways (Which ironically is still the front door) or get slammed in the ass.  The Kor'Kon (or whatever they're called now) are still overpowered.  And worse?  It's in the front of the city with the banks, the AH and other high traffic areas of the city, meaning local defenders will be able to respond in seconds.

Undercity's cramped caverns and tight tunnels are as much a bane now, as they were when you couldn't fly, so Sylvannus is still well covered.

Thunderbluff is a trap.  High above the ground with a boss that pushes people obscene distances.  Inta-raid wipes.

One the other hand, Ironforge has a tunnel in which the Horde can now use to stage attacks, instead of just getting lodged into the throne room.

Stormwind has an open air PARK right beside the throne room.

Gnomeregan is not that big a threat, and it's so out of the way from high end players that it's easy to crush.

The only two that haven't changed is due to Blizzard forgetting to update the Burning Crusade content.

On Feathermoon the regicide has actually slowed to a crawl.  Most Horde has already got the achievements, and the Alliance (being the disorganized slobs that we are) can't seem to actually get anywhere.  Not to mention that the Alliance have a visibly harder time of it now.

Aiden

Because Horde are better we protect our leaders, Suck it Alliance!

Shjade

◕/◕'s

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Aiden on August 21, 2011, 05:25:29 PM
Because Horde are better Blizzard favors Horde wethey protect ouryour leaders, Suck it Alliance!

Fixed that for you. ;D

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on August 21, 2011, 09:14:13 PM
The structure of Alterac Valley begs to differ.
Which they changed about five times, because the Horde kept getting stomped.  And Blizzard still haven't gotten it.

TheGlyphstone