Thread deletion

Started by AndyZ, August 08, 2012, 05:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

If someone deletes a thread, is there any way to get the stuff back that was on the thread before it disappeared?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Trieste

If it's your material, the thread shouldn't have been deleted in the first place and needs to be restored. If it was someone else's material, you can always PM them and ask.

AndyZ

I posted up a character I really liked in the thread and would have at least liked to save it before it got erased.  This isn't the first time this has happened.

elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=148366.0 is the thread if there's anything to be done.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Trieste

Aye, I found it and restored it. If it happens to you, please report it - no one else has the right to delete your posts, even if the software allows them to do so because they started the thread.

AndyZ

Thanks.  I'll let him know he's not supposed to do that.

Trieste

Sure. If the user has any questions, feel free to point them at their friendly neighborhood staffer. :)

Lady Temptress

Hello, can someone please Delete my RP Thread named DVK- Restart-Dark Vampire Kingdom   too many players have left the group due to they have too many other rps going on. So, no use keeping the thread up i need it and the DVK-Restart-Dark Vampire Kingdom OOC Thread deleted too, please. Thank you!
Lady Dreamer

Trieste

We don't do that, Lady Temptress, sorry. Relevant quote below:

Quote from: Trieste on August 08, 2012, 05:47:09 PM
no one else has the right to delete your posts, even if the software allows them to do so because they started the thread.

Lady Temptress

I rp by phone- no computer access. Ah drats. so there isn't any way to delete those threads?
Lady Dreamer

Trieste

While the forum software does allow for it, policy does not. :)

Lady Temptress

Oh, ok. Thank you Trieste for answering my questions.
Lady Dreamer