News:

Main Menu

Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SinXAzgard21, November 19, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsMonster

I just started this game. I have a massive obsession for the previous installments.

I liked that all characters were a romantic option for all races and genders in Dragon Age 2. To me it made the world more open ended and enjoyable. I liked that no matter what gender or race my character was that I was able to choose whichever romantic partner I wanted. I can agree that it might be a bit on the lazy side solely in terms of writing, though. I suppose it all comes down to what is more a more enjoyable experience to the individual player.

Sasquatch421

I've been looking at stuff for the next patch... They are looking at bringing back the Black Emporium with that neat mirror that allows you to change your characters voice and looks after you start, a thing that allows you to change the color of your armor and a storage chest!

Wolven Soul

I would if I could but...I have not even finished the game, and am not even sure that I will.  I am just having a hard time dealing with all the boring side content.  Not trying to offend those who like the game or anything, I was just really disappointed with it.
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

Guancyto

The good thing about the boring side content is that it's all optional. If you do it all you'll outlevel the story content by a mile, so you'll just keep being bored.

I won't say the game has no problems but how much time you spend in the first open-world area is basically how you set the slider on "how bored do I want to be playing this game."

If you get out of the bloody Hinterlands (seriously, do this, don't feel like you have to do it all before you advance) and go advance the story, everything picks up very quickly. You get new party members, new banters, new missions, new equipment and you know, that delicious story for which Bioware is so famous.

You can absolutely finish the game while having completed 0% of the boring bits (or maybe 10%, there are Power requirements in places).

Inkidu

As much as I love Inquisition, I will say that there is not one properly-designed level in the whole damn game. That game's pacing and level design are terrible. This is really a shame because Bioware is not know for doing that. Once you play through the game though you learn how the story missions break up so going through the Hinterlands again can get more naturally split. As long as you know where the major story missions are you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Don't do Skyrim, Bioware, it's not your forte. Leave that to Bethesda. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.