Mage: the Awakening

Started by Zeth, January 25, 2015, 05:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Just a heads up, Zeth, I may not be able to get my backstory to you for a while. I've got a lot of school work to do, but I should have it to you by tomorrow.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Zeth

Scratch that ban on destiny. They changed it from old world of darkness, now that I reread it. The Destiny in the book just gives you bonus die and a fatal flaw. oWoD, you had to ork out an elaborate thing with the Story Teller.

The campaign takes place in Boston, MA in USA, as that is the default setting for Mage.

laa

If we're in the same cabal, we should share a sanctum.

As a theme, perhaps we could take 'A body of organs'? My character would fit the mouth(+lungs?), Angie would be the immune-system, aye?

Muse

Not a bad idea. 

Heh...  If we were all doing girls...   

*hides his majo shojo manga* 

But that's just the wise crack of a sleep deprived mind.  I'm normally a big fan of the Adamantine Arrow.  The mysterium is also interesting too me. 

What do we have so far in the way of concept, gender/sexuality, order, and path? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

laa

Paths: Two mastigos, rest is undetermined.
Orders: Silver Ladder and Mysterium.

So if you take Adamantine Arrow, we'd have 3 different orders in the group. =P

My char's gender is male/heterosexual, aye, dunno about others' characters.

Oh, and his concept is 'eccentric smooth-talker', so yeap.

eternaldarkness

Please, oh please tell me this one still has room? Mage is my favorite game ever, and I would love to play a Moros of the Silver Ladder. Concept-wise, he's a new-age necromancer heavily into studying the relationship between death, life and matter and how the three elements can be combined to form stronger, more versatile wholes. Particularly he likes using shadow magic to enhance other kinds of spells and lend them pseudo-sentience.

Zeth

I want to say no, but stormwyrm hasn't checked in. So I'll ask him and if he isn't interested you may have hi spot.

BraveEarth

Thinking weird Thryrus Path I'm still deciding Rotes and Arcana, (I am remembering how disappointing the Spirit Arcana is.)

Angie

Quote from: BraveEarth on January 27, 2015, 11:04:01 AM
Thinking weird Thryrus Path I'm still deciding Rotes and Arcana, (I am remembering how disappointing the Spirit Arcana is.)

You can do what I did to Space and make that your 'dump' Arcana (the one you put the 1 point selection into).

Anyway, Angelo is indeed a Mastigo of the Mysterium. He's bisexual, which will help him out tremendously when he learns how to fully shapeshift (which is the next point of Life, but I think he should [or has to] raise his Gnosis first).

laa

Quote from: laa on January 27, 2015, 05:42:55 AM
If we're in the same cabal, we should share a sanctum.

As a theme, perhaps we could take 'A body of organs'? My character would fit the mouth(+lungs?), Angie would be the immune-system, aye?

I'll just post this again to see what people think of this.

Lockepick

I usually think of a Cabal's theme to be more along the lines of a philosophy or an intent. I mean, even something simple like "Police Squad Sanctioned by the Council" would work, or we could be a 'Secret Anti-Seer cell', or 'looking for immortality' or something.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zeth

Well the npc Boston Cabals are The Ebony Noose, The Dead Wrens, The Shadow Chorus, and so on. You are going to need a catchy name if you are going with boyparts. Locke has a point to, what are you guys doing? What is your groups goal?

Angie

Angelo's mostly out for himself. He wants to become more powerful in the ways of Magic, and as long as the cabal's goals aren't intentionally villainous, he'll be on board because it gives him a chance to improve himself. I know his concept is "Master Healer", part of that is his philosophy of "I must do perfectly" (which is dangerous, but that's the point).

That said, if the cabal's goals have anything to do with finding long lost magical knowledge, he'll be even more on board.

laa

When I thought of the body-part idea, I had just read the 'symbolic themes' deal in the book. I had misunderstood it as the themes needing to be symbolic. =P

Anyway, my char is likely to be unambitious at first, but is definitely in the group for himself. Unlike Angelo, he desires wealth, power and stability - no matter what shape that may take. His dream would be to become a leader of sorts, and own enough wealth to purchase his own island or mansion. Ironically so, one could say magic might've made this life-goal of his harder than it should've been (or so he thinks), so he doesn't like his magic too much, but he'll make lemonade when given lemons.

Angie

Quote from: laa on January 27, 2015, 03:00:14 PM
When I thought of the body-part idea, I had just read the 'symbolic themes' deal in the book. I had misunderstood it as the themes needing to be symbolic. =P

Anyway, my char is likely to be unambitious at first, but is definitely in the group for himself. Unlike Angelo, he desires wealth, power and stability - no matter what shape that may take. His dream would be to become a leader of sorts, and own enough wealth to purchase his own island or mansion. Ironically so, one could say magic might've made this life-goal of his harder than it should've been (or so he thinks), so he doesn't like his magic too much, but he'll make lemonade when given lemons.

Actually, him and Angelo might get along. Angelo is very much a fan of 'mundane solutions first'. He sounds like someone who might agree with that idea.

laa

Well, James also holds questionable morals, so there's always that... >: D

But maybe, yeap, the two characters definitely has some things in common.

Angie

Quote from: laa on January 27, 2015, 03:10:42 PM
Well, James is also holds questionable morals, so there's always that... >: D

But maybe, yeap, the two characters definitely has some things in common.

I'm fairly certain the fan made splat Princess isn't within 100 miles of this game, so Angelo's just as questionable.

Zeth

So "The Dirty Rotten Spying Bastards" is your cabal then? No? Well that name was too long anyways.

laa

We'll need more peeps to opt in before we can decide on a name, I think. =P

So far, I only know of James(My char) and Angelo.

And, Angie: Then our characters might do just fine together!

Angie

Maybe we should wait to name until we've all discussed our characters and personal goals. For now only me and laa have really discussed what we're doing.

Otherwise Angelo will vote for BadAss MotherFuckers. BAMF for short.

Zeth

We have 6 people opted in. The problem is everyone is waiting on everyone else to make a character and decide on a group. I could swoop in and give you all a cabal name, a goal to hoot for, and other things like a D&D DM. But this is WoD, you guys are supposed to tell me what  you want to do.

Angie

Well, Angelo and James are both out for personal power. That might be like, a goal they pursue separate from the others, but if the other Mages also intend to pursue personal power, it might be that we banded together for support. Kinda like how young vampires band together to keep elders from outright obliterating them. Only in our case, we're together for moral support.

laa

I agree with Angelo. And, to hold tradition in check, we could've totally met up and made our cabal at a mage-bar of sorts. One becomes friends with who you meet, not who you want to meet, aye?

As we have two people in the group striving for power already, mine being talkative an persuasive, the intent of the group could easily become to master their new existence and gain influence in mage society, or something similar to that.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Zeth on January 27, 2015, 03:22:25 PM
We have 6 people opted in. The problem is everyone is waiting on everyone else to make a character and decide on a group. I could swoop in and give you all a cabal name, a goal to hoot for, and other things like a D&D DM. But this is WoD, you guys are supposed to tell me what  you want to do.

Let me in and I'll have a character done and things rolling very very quickly :D I'm not the type to waffle and wait on others, and would prefer to lead the way and get it done, and it seems like this group might need a motivator.

laa

Quotethis group might need a motivator.

Eyyyj, I'm trying! T_T