News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

what MMOs is anyone playing?

Started by boogop, July 05, 2013, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atarn

Guild Wars 2 here...Damn addictive game.
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Hemingway

What's addictive about Guild Wars 2? I'd really like to know, because I bought the game but I just can't get into it. It just plopped me into the game with very little direction, and then expected me to figure out the rest. Which, by MMO standards, was pretty .. standard.

I'd really like to know, by the way. I'd really like to know if I'm missing something that might hook me on it.

Atarn

The weakness of the player of course :P
And I am very weak...
Joking aside; after WoW and Rift I found GW2 nice once i got into it, I like the races, the classes, the combat/weapon system. The area-based tasks are decent fun, their second latest event (Crown Pavilion) was fun. The rp seems to be actually quite good too.

However, the voice acting can be a bit awful. (Claudia Christian and Ron Yuan especially)
And the introduction of Captain NPC Trahearne has sort of made me skip a lot of storyline quests. Overall though I've not had this much fun while playing an MMO in years.
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

ShadowFox89

I heard it around the watercooler that the guy responsible for writing Traeherne got fired....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Hemingway

I was hoping I was missing something.  ;D

Unfortunately, I'm having way more fun with Neverwinter, so I'm sad I probably wasted my money on GW2 ... money I really shouldn't have wasted!

Chris Brady

You're sad?  I spent 150USD on it, and I too am not enjoying it as much as I had hoped.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hemingway

It was the last bit of cash I had. I shouldn't have spent it on anything for myself at all, but I did and I wasted it! It was totally irresponsible! Argh. Payday can't come soon enough...

ShadowFox89

I haven't spent a dime on it past the $60 for the initial game... And I'm enjoying it. But I've played the game since GW1 and have loved some of the little bits of lore that you usually miss.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Hemingway

I remember GW1 as much more fun. It was ... easier to get into.

My situation in GW2 right now is that I've basically cleared the starter area, and I'm underleveled. Leveling in the game is so slow! And it has 80 levels! WHAT!?

Rayne

I've started to play Guild Wars 2. Almost quit after a week but played some last night and finally really got into it.  I think like with a lot of MMOs it's about the social aspect.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Hemingway on September 07, 2013, 07:58:47 PM
I remember GW1 as much more fun. It was ... easier to get into.

My situation in GW2 right now is that I've basically cleared the starter area, and I'm underleveled. Leveling in the game is so slow! And it has 80 levels! WHAT!?

Just go through at your own pace. You are never 'underleveled'. Take your time and enjoy the lore! Enjoy the scenery! Join a guild and do map explores with them! The problem comes when you try to approach the game like any other MMO. It isn't.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chris Brady

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 07, 2013, 09:01:13 PM
Just go through at your own pace. You are never 'underleveled'. Take your time and enjoy the lore! Enjoy the scenery! Join a guild and do map explores with them! The problem comes when you try to approach the game like any other MMO. It isn't.
Not in my experience.  I've managed to be unable to do my 'story' mission, and every single quest that are my level or lower are done.  And I don't feel like constantly grinding the repetitive 'events'.

Not to mention that at the time, the dungeons were so broken hard, or easy.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

There's more than one starting area. If you ran out of content you can accomplish where you are, go to Lion's Arch through the gate/portal in your main city (Divinity's Reach for humans, Black Citadel for Charr, etc.), then take a portal from Lion's Arch to one of the other race's main cities and start doing the quests in their starting area.

Voila.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sel Nar

Oh, as of the 17th, Everyone's favourite Undead Flying Lizard that's not an 'End-of-story' encounter is getting a major upgrade. Tequatl the Sunless will very quickly wreck everyone's shit now, and if you take too long to kill him, he summons a tidal wave to wipe the battlefield clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=125QeWD5TiI

A-net's planning on updating all the world bosses to make them far more threatening, like they were in the early game before we figured out all their tricks. Only now, they have new tricks. :P

ShadowFox89

I want the 'corrupt you and turn you into a monster' thing back from the Shatterer....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sel Nar

I'd like to point out that when the GW1 Beta ended, Gwen lit the world on fire.

ShadowFox89

We need Gwen rising from the grave and kicking her great-great-great grandson in the ass >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Hemingway

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 07, 2013, 09:01:13 PM

The only way that'd be true, was if your level made no difference in anything.

Atarn

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 07, 2013, 07:53:36 AM
I heard it around the watercooler that the guy responsible for writing Traeherne got fired....
If true, I am a happy Rper.

So very, very happy.
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Doomsday

Final fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn! Just got Dragoon, unf, unf, unf

Adelrune

Quote from: Doomsday on September 10, 2013, 06:01:07 AM
Final fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn! Just got Dragoon, unf, unf, unf

I'm on my last few levels of Conjurer before I can become a White Mage, so close.

SinXAzgard21

Just got past Ifrit as a ACN.  Thinking of not playing dps anymore, seems to be a lack of actual healers in this game.  I had to split heal with another ACN for all three dungeons and Ifrit.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

With all the good stuff I'm hearing from people about FF14 I'm kinda sad that it has a subscription-based model (meaning I'm not going to try it on general principles). It sounds like it's fun.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Doomsday

You, Madame, are a treasure, because for every healer like you there are a thousand DPS like me!

SinXAzgard21

FFXVI still, though I'm noticing a lack of healers and the grind is really starting to bug me.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.