Re: A Country's Downfall (Court Members needed!)

Started by Caela, March 23, 2011, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

Caela

Silk, you can make any sort of character you like. A knight/warrior for either side, or a member of the court of Saurantin. Being part of the court doesn't have to mean being nobility, though it can, it could also mean being a ladies maid, cook, etc. the people who see and hear everything and are rarely noticed themselves.

Silk

i was thinking of either a lady knight/ royal guard that has since been defeated, or a priestess that could have a very strong resemblence to the princess.

Caela

Either is fine Silk, just write up a character sheet for whichever pleases you more and we'll go over it. :D

Silk

Name: Lady Ysena Veleth
Orientation Bisexual
Appearance Personality:Dispite her appearance, Ysena has a bit of a reputation for being a tomboy, talking about how she wishes to lead great armies into battle and slaying foes, much of this impression is mostly from her father, although like all women, and elven-kin alike, she has a taste for comfortable attractive clothing. Currently in mourning over the death of her father, Ysena has since sworn a oath of vengence against the warlord, wanting to see her countrymen free from his grasp, and his head mounted on a spear. Although lacking battle experience, she is well versed in military stratergy and tactical combat, to which she has a flair for hit and run tactics.

Background: Ysena is the daughter of one of the most reknown and respected generals of this age, the elven Knight-lord  Rahal, and his human wife, due to his exploits he was ordained a lord and given governship over one of the most vital towns in the kingdom. The small town of Aeris was a community situated atop mountainous paths where the small paths leading up and down the mountain from the town made it near on impossible for large forces to assault.  But not for smaller forces and supplies, thanks to careful quarry work, and forsight making the town a ideal location for housing the supplies to the battlefront. Rahal lead this town with a fair hand and it prospered because of it, becoming more than just a supply point.

(Think of something similar to this but not quite such a grand scale)
Much to her mothers chargrin, Rahal taught Ysena the arts of military stratergy, and some combat skills. Although she did not easily grasp combat, she took to military stratergy like a moth to a flame. Soon she became a established tactitan in her own right. Although knowledge of her capability was mostly kept in the dark.

Due to its strategic importance when war broke out, Aeris was under constant raids from enemy forces, bent on disrupting supply operations to the front lines, however each time such forces were repelled. So it was no supprised to anyone that the infamous ghosts were employed against them.

As only a token force remained at the town, due to the constant need of reinforcements and supplies, they were constantly guarding supply trains between the mountain town of Aeris, and the front lines of war. the ghosts got inside the city walls with little difficulty, but thanks to fate Ysena was out of the mansion at the time, as the ghosts struck, killing most of the command hirarchy that was within the town. including her parents, which Rahal was ailing from battle wounds earlier that week. Thanks to her understanding of tactics, Ysena forsaw that the food supplies would be the next target. Reinforcing those locations with the remaining soldiers, she was able to repel the ghosts from completing their objective. A feat that has yet to be repeated.

But it was all in vain, as a few weeks later, even with the supply lines in tact. the front lines fell to the warlords armies. Now with Aeris serving no strategic value became isolated, but Ysena rode out without soldiers, leaving the remaining commanders in charge until she returned. Wishing to deliver the bad news to the king, and she hoped, to assist him before the warlords armies reached the capital.

Tackyhillbilly

Name: Davan Firth
Orientation: Straight
Appearance:

Personality: Davan is what he is, and has long since lost any compunctions over that. He works for money, and that is all. Before the fall of the Kingdom, he was a servant of the king, by practicality, not loyalty. The King paid, and didn't kill him, and Davan didn't kill anyone the king really didn't want him to, or the King himself. Now he's a free agent again. If Hasdurbal has the coin, he can afford to hire himself an adviser with knowledge of most of the underbelly of Saurintin Politics (along with several other uses.) If not, well, Davan is sure someone in an occupied land will be able to find a use for an Assassin's Talents.

Background: Davan is the seventh son of a minor Noble. Or was, under the name Julian Galdan. His family and their holdings were among the first to go in the war. Davan isn't bothered by this. He left the castle for the capital at age 13. He was calm, quiet boy, even then, and his father intended for him to enter the Priesthood. However, Davan vanished soon after reaching the Capital. 4 or 5 years later, Davan emerged, the apprentice of one of the Kingdom's well known Assassins (well known to a very select class of people, who employ such). He used Davan Firth, but he didn't mind if people found out who he really was. He changed his name for convenience, nothing more.

He remained an apprentice for 2 years, before establishing himself apart from his master. He vanished from sight during the war. Assassin's had a bad habit of getting recruited for missions they were unlikely to come back from. Davan wasn't a patriot by a long shot, and had no intention of dying for his country. With the end of the war, Davan has sent out feelers, trying to find another employer...

Joslyn

Just thought I'd add that I exchanged a few PMs with Silk on how my character would fit in with her background. Basically I think the idea is as follows:

A few previous raids by the warlord's forces against Aeris had failed, so Selistria decided to get her Ghosts involved and lead some of her force in a daring nighttime raid. She was mostly successful in completing her first objective of eliminating the leadership, but due to Ysena's foresight she met heavy resistance at the supply depots. Faced with the prospect of taking unacceptably high casualties, Selistria withdrew her force.

Selistria does not know at this point who it was that organized the counter. While this was an unexpected setback, she does not necessarily consider it a shameful defeat given what a risky venture it was in the first place. She did at least complete part of her objectives and took relatively light casualties.

---

Silk, I'm guessing your character is a half-elf? It's not entirely clear from the background but you did mention that possibility in our PMs.

Silk

Yeah sorry forgot to mention in that, that the mum is human and dad was elven will correct it now.

but yeah thats the overall idea of it, but only putting it in from ysenas perspective

Caela

I like the look of both characters.

Silk, totally surprised with your half-elf (just not the tack I thought you were going to go), she looks fantastic.

Tacky, I hadn't thought of how an Assassin might fit into things. He could be a real problem for those loyal to the crown if he wanted to be,...or someone had enough coin to tempt him to be. I love it.

Please post your character sheets in the OOC and feel free to start posting. I'm not a die hard for posting order, especially in the very beginning when we're all just establishing where our characters are. As we get more involved orders can be worked out amongst the various players in a given scene.

Tackyhillbilly

Glad to suprise you. It just seems like an Assassin fits into a game of Palace Intrigue like hand in velvet glove.

bubby

I LOVE playing a warrior, but I see that 'seconds' are taken on both sides. I'd love to join your RP, but not sure exactly what sorta warrior, or where to be now? Any suggestions, or ideas?

Silk

Ysena isnt really a second, shes more in kind to be killed from the offset given the position shes in xD

Joslyn

Quote from: bubby on April 05, 2011, 02:46:00 AM
I LOVE playing a warrior, but I see that 'seconds' are taken on both sides. I'd love to join your RP, but not sure exactly what sorta warrior, or where to be now? Any suggestions, or ideas?
We could certainly use someone to round out the warlord's side--at the moment there are only two of us. The truth is Selistria is only an advisor to the warlord during lulls in the fighting. When a war is in full swing, Selistria spends most of it behind enemy lines and away from the warlord. So its possible your character might be more of an "operations" advisor in contrast to Selistria's tactical expertise (that is, giving orders to companies and battalions during the conventional battle rather than Selistria's role in causing interdiction off the main battlefield). Such a character might even see Selistria as a rival in peacetime, though the elf has no ambitions of her own.

Of course, there any number of less prominent positions available as well--the leader of some foreign contingent that is allied with the warlord, a lower level officer, mercenary leader, even a Ghost operative or second in command.

Caela

Quote from: bubby on April 05, 2011, 02:46:00 AM

I think Joslyn and Silk said it pretty well. The seconds aren't really taken. Only Silk and Joslyn have actually declared loyalties so you can always pick up what you'd like. If you want a position close to the throne, you could always take up being the head of the Princess personal guard.

Silk

Yeah, pretty much the only thing Ysena is as a tactitian, and a fellow lord. that is about it :)

bubby

Quote from: Joslyn on April 05, 2011, 04:52:55 AM
We could certainly use someone to round out the warlord's side--at the moment there are only two of us. The truth is Selistria is only an advisor to the warlord during lulls in the fighting. When a war is in full swing, Selistria spends most of it behind enemy lines and away from the warlord. So its possible your character might be more of an "operations" advisor in contrast to Selistria's tactical expertise (that is, giving orders to companies and battalions during the conventional battle rather than Selistria's role in causing interdiction off the main battlefield). Such a character might even see Selistria as a rival in peacetime, though the elf has no ambitions of her own.

Actually I like that idea. My char could be the 'just kill them all' type, wanting war..being bored in 'peacetime'. I like the rival idea, even if it's in her own head. PERFECT. Should I put my char sheet here?

Caela

Please do Bubby. Once it's approved you can post it in the OOC and start posting in the IC thread.

Bloody Rose

I was wondering if you still needed players, and if you do what kind of character is most needed

Caela

We are indeed still taking players! :D We could use a couple of members of Court, we have a lot of warriors at the moment. :)

Bloody Rose

Caela

They can be, don't have to be though. They could very easily be members of the royal court who aren't loyal to the crown and instead shift their loyalties to Hasdrubal once they see the way the wind is blowing, or they could be entirely loyal, waiting only for a word from the Princess to act on her behalf.  Somewhere in the middle and just keeping their heads down to try and avoid notice is just as acceptable as well, but doesn't give as many opportunities for fun lol.

How you wish to write them is entirely up to you.

Bloody Rose

I was planning someone like one of the princess knights bent on rescuing her?

Caela

Even if he could get to her, the Princess won't be going anywhere. She could have faded away when her father was killed, she was dressed as a Priestess after all, but instead she announced who she was and laid her own claim on her throne. She won't be letting anyone rescue her.

One of her own personal guard, who is loyal to her, though would not be unwelcome.

Bloody Rose

I was thinking more of a female instead of a male. Question would the baddies be searching for those loyal to her and capturing them? or as long as they don't bother they are fine

Caela

That hasn't been decided yet actually. Part of the drama waiting in the wings of a thread like this is just what the Warlord will decide to do with those who remain loyal to the crown...he has to decide what he's going to do with the Princess first. He could kill her, lock her away in a tower, force her to marry him to cement his own claim on the throne...we just haven't gotten to that decision yet. :) And that would be a good question for Urban, since the Warlord is his baby. :)