The Wall (Tenative Interest/ Pathfinder LV15)(Maybe Open to 6?)

Started by TheScarletBlade, July 03, 2018, 03:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheScarletBlade

Quote from: indarkestknight on July 08, 2018, 09:52:12 PM
Worth noting, but mythic isn't like psychic magic or an obscure archetype from an obscure source, and if it's part of the game, at bare minimum, you need to say "you start at mythic rank 1" the same way you need to say "you start at level 15", because in the same way that there's a vast gulf between what a level 3 character can do and what a level 18 character can do, there's a vast jump in power from mythic rank 2 to mythic rank 8, for instance.

Then I am highly confused because to my knowledge mythic was classes that  were reworked because the original classes seemed underpowered. Like mythic rogue has different skills that supposedly make it better? What the hell is this level 3 does the power of an 18?
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Petrus02

I don't know what mythic you are talking about, but i suspect waldham asekd for these mythic rules, who make characters roughly doubly as deadly, but not really more resiliant
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-heroes/

Zaer Darkwail

Actually depending on mythic tiers the mythic chars can be damn resilient as well. Example spend mythic point to 'recover' instantly all daily abilities and treated as if had taken 8 hour rest instantly. In later mythic tiers (max 10 and around 8-9 as I recall) the heroes become 'unkillable expect by artifacts' feature.

I think Scarlet got unchained classes mixed up with mythic rules. Unchained classes are the upgraded variants of core classes (rogue, barbarian, monk etc). Albeit summoner's case it was more a 'balance' change than a upgrade (albeit made creating eidolons lot easier).

indarkestknight

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on July 09, 2018, 02:54:02 AM
What the hell is this level 3 does the power of an 18?

I can confirm the reworked classes (barbarian, monk, rogue, summoner) are unchained, which is very different from mythic.

To clarify I am not saying a level 3 character with mythic ranks is the equivalent of a level 18 character without mythic ranks, but rather that if we are using the mythic ruleset, we will need you to establish how mythic the characters are in the same way that you establish what character level we are.

Snake

I'm interested still. But 20 point buy seems real low.  But OK

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on July 10, 2018, 01:17:20 PM
I'm interested still. But 20 point buy seems real low.  But OK

Can manage, got made Magus with 30 AC :)

Snake

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my magus got following stat line before racials and level up points; 10, 12, 13, 13, 14 and 15. You use the 4th, 8th and 12th levels round up numbers even to get 10, 12, 14, 14, 14 and 16. Then racial bonuses in. You can go 8 stat if you like with the 10 and get turn some scores up. But for future you can freely spend 16th and 20th level stat upgrades.

Anyways then I myself invested on two items; belt of perfection (+4 all stats) and +6 int headband. With those I got good stats and it costs around 100,000 from starting funds. Not bad price really for myself as I needed all physical stats up and this way no need prepare +4 buff spells for combat. Ofc you can buy tomes improve stats; but in end headband of intellect +6 is 'permanent' after 24 hours wearing it and so gives spell slots, skill points etc as usual. Albeit need careful bookkeeping in case you loose the item.

These are my advice anyways on the stats itself. Class and prep wise high AC and saves and lots of tools to try avoid harm is the key (and making harm). I myself went bit flavor direction, bit utility and some few useful spells as Magus. But have thought expand it further thanks having improved spell recall which allows directly cast spell from my spellbook or even restore spell slots quite efficiently.

TheScarletBlade

Ok so after some independent study, mythic is not involved. I had no idea what the hell that was but after doing the research its definitely not allowed. This campaign, though epic, is not actually mythic but normal pathfinder.

As for 20 point buy, thats high fantasy so it can't be too bad! I almost always do 20 point buys.

So I have only received one character sheet and I have been gone working so, hit me up?
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Petrus02

Completely finished now i think.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1633175
Stats:
  Elf Rogue1, Wizard4, Arcane Trickster 10, Level 15, Init 9, HP X /X, Speed 30
AC 21, Touch 16, Flat-footed 15, CMD 22, Fort 11, Ref 18, Will 13, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 7   
+1 Spellstoring Menacing Rapier +15 (1d6, 19-20X2)+ CL 14 Vampiric touch on first attack Flanking +4 for both flankers.
  Ray Attacks +14 (as Spell, 20X2)
  Robe of the Archmagi (+5 Armor, +6 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 22, Con 16, Int 26, Wis 10, Cha 11
Defensive Abilities:
Defensive Abilities: Imune: Sleep,Disease,Cloads and breathing dependant effects, Detect Thoughts, Detect Lies, any attempt to discern Alignment,Effects that target the sould or are foiled by nondetection
Spell Resistance 18
Evasion,blur, Spiderclimb, always take minimum falling damage
+4 on saves vs patterns, visual figments, and other vision-based effects and attacks that cannot affect blind creatures, 50% chance to count as averting eyes from a gaze attack even when not averting If averting Eyes Roll twice
+4 concentration to cast defensively
+2 Vs Enchantment Spells and effects
prevent the first two Hostile Polymorph effects
Convert damage from 1 attack to nonleathal damage
automatically counters the first Fireball Spell which includes me as a target
Contingency: teleport to an safe area inside the wall when falling unconscious
+3 luck bonus on 1 randomly chosen save

Offensive Abilities:
Offensive Abilities:
Sneak Attack 7d6
add sneak attack on ranged attacks on any range. +2 damage per sneak attack dice when making a sneak attack within 30 ft
gain temp HP equal to the total damage dice used to determine the damage of an evocation Spell
Free action to activate: +5 Acrobatics to move through threatened squares. +2 attack if successfull move through threatened sqaures. 10r/day
May use std and move action in a surpriseround
Flanking bonus for me and WITH me: +4
1/day See and hear through 5 ft thick material
+1 Competence bonus on all Attacks
+1 Initiative
+4 Casterlevel Checks to overcome Spell Resistance
May add Selective metamagic 3 times per day to a casting of a 3rd level spell or lower as a free action(Rod of Selective Metamagic + Glove of Storing)
1/day Cast any Spell from your Spellbook without preparing it ahead of time. (Bonded Object)
Add 2 Damage on all Evocation Spells
Change type of Energy of Evovation Spells 3+Int(8) times per day

Senses:Lowlight Vision(Elf) Darkvision(CL 14) 60 ft See Invisibility(CL14) Detect Magic (CL14)
1/day See and hear through 5 ft thick material for up to 1 minute

Spells prepared
Cantrips:Acid Splash, Detect Magic,Message, Open/Close, School:Dancing Lights
1st:Shield, Protection from Evil,True Strike, Magic Missle School: Shocking Grasp /Bonus for High Int: Blend,Magic Missles
2nd:Resist Energy,Acid Arrow, Stone Call,Mirror Image School: Scorching Ray / Bonus for High Int: Invisbility, Glitterdust
3rd: Dispell Magic, Haste, Displacement, Clairvoyance School: Fireball / Bonus for High Int: Gaseous Form, Fly
4th: Greater Invisibility, Selective Fireball, Dimension Door  School: Intensified Fireball / Bonus for High Int:elemental Body 1,Intensified Fireball
5th:Cone of Cold, Wall of Force School: Intensified Selective Fireball / Bonus for High Int:Cone of Cold
6th:Getaway, Disintegrate School: Sirocco / Bonus for High Int: Summon Monster 6

Millenia Sunbathed is the last surviving scion of the not-so-long-ago powerfull elven Clan of the Suntouched. She was never meant to go out, doing dangerous things, always being regarded as the next great sage of the clan. Unfortunately, fate decreed, that she had to fight for her life, with her whole clan being exterminated in the Struggle to build the Wall, and thus she tried, scrambled for her life, crawled in the mud, clawed her way out of many dangerous situations. Did many things she is not proud of. But she survived. And somehow, she even made it to The Wall. Now she is regarded as the best scout on the wall, although she herself doesn't think herself to be that outstanding. Surely, with just a bit of effort, everyone can reach what she could?She nontheless accepts her role, actively trying to be the best example, trying to lead, even though her shy personality does not lend itself easily to it. Millenia still is very curious of the arcane arts, hiding away whenever possible, tinkering at her emerald lined ring, or another part of her highly enchanted equipment.

She is generally seen as a quiet woman, distant, almost cold to everyone, but still trying to be of help when help is needed. She often volunteers for nightshifts standing guard at the Wall, arguing that her enchanted sight is best used in the Night, but no-so-secretly just trying to help ease the strain on everybody as best as she can. Nothing is known about her personal life, if she ever had a lover, he surely isn't at the Wall, or at least noone ever saw her... which isn't too much of a proof, considering her ability to turn invisible whenever she wants, and her competence and sneaking...

PS: I included 2 pics, for the GM to decide which one suits him better.

Sye

Tentative interest and shocker, I am looking at a cleric haha maybe a monk since that is one that I haven't tried to play yet online.

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Im interested if there is an opening, I am thinking a tank gunslinger with a few levels of hellknight built in.

Petrus02

Could we have an statement from the GM? i think some people wait for a feedback if there are still spots, if the game will start, etc. Not everyone builts a whole character just for fun and the hope a game actually comes together like me^^

Waldham

I'm interesting, but I didn't create character because I'm afraid that the campaign don't begin.

I hesitate between a Fighter Lore Warden-Martial Master only or with a student of the war Prc and a reincarnated druid/storm kindler/Green Faith Acolyte.

Ghostly

Quote from: Petrus02 on July 17, 2018, 02:47:35 PM
Could we have an statement from the GM? i think some people wait for a feedback if there are still spots, if the game will start, etc. Not everyone builts a whole character just for fun and the hope a game actually comes together like me^^
I'd like to know too, I stumbled across this and was interested, but I don't know if there are slots left.

Snake

Sye

Quote from: Ghostly on July 17, 2018, 11:54:11 PM
I'd like to know too, I stumbled across this and was interested, but I don't know if there are slots left.

Same and haven't seen the GM on yet.

Phaia

I will also express and interest. I have no problems with no sexual content. The story is meant to be down and dirty. I am Looking at a hunter and a killer companion!

Phaia

TheScarletBlade

To be up front I work two jobs, go to school for my masters and serve in the reserves. I have very little free time. I try to be on every 2 or 3 days at the most. This campaign is previously designed, very masterfully I might add since I've spent a meticulous amount of time on it: so as long as there is players, I am there for it. That said, I am pretty sure.......wait one....

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on July 11, 2018, 09:24:48 PM

So I have only received one character sheet and I have been gone working so, hit me up?

I literally welcome any and every person who sends me a character sheet. I have 2 of 6, with 2 open reserve slots. I've silently monitored the thread and still received no character sheets. I hate to sound super blunt, I am not a hostile person I promise but if your interested, send me a lvl 15 character ready to play. 

In case anyone is interested:

Zaer is approved as a Magus based off slight character changes

Petrus02 is approved as an Arcane Trickster though still under review for exact legitimacy.

4 main slots remain, 6 in total. All of you lovely people who wanna join, feel free to PM me your characters.

I'll be honest, its at first come first serve basis. I know everyone wants to spend forever making their high level char but eventually its gotta get posted.

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, it sounds blunt but considering massive work on make optimized char on 15th level (optimized to deal/survive in the harsh setting) takes lots of effort and time. So GM just now waits players who can commit their own time to make a char and send it in PM for approval.

TheScarletBlade, do you mind I post my char here on recruit thread to public eye so folks know how I build my char?

Petrus02

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Zaer Darkwail

Ok so after some independent study, mythic is not involved. I had no idea what the hell that was but after doing the research its definitely not allowed. This campaign, though epic, is not actually mythic but normal pathfinder.

TheScarletBlade checked mythic rules himself and above was his answer for it. My char was not mythic, just highly optimized and with GM approved minor class changes.

Petrus02

As for 20 point buy, thats high fantasy so it can't be too bad! I almost always do 20 point buys.

Ingexthefuryhunter1

WELL IT IS GOOD THAT i USE HERO LAB SO i CAN MAKE THIS CHANGE QUICK