Silent Hill: Isolation (Psychological Horror, puzzle solving) - always open!

Started by Remiel, June 14, 2017, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue bunny sparkle

Slower group sounds about right for me!

Chreestafer

I am ok for either group :)

I tend to have spurts of slow responses due to my job at times, yet other times I'm sitting here waiting to respond haha.

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Remiel

Q: How much do I need to know about the Silent Hill canon/lore?

A: Absolutely nothing.  In fact, knowing nothing is preferred, because I'm going to deviate a bit from the canon anyway.

That said, the one thing you should know is that SH behaves as a limbo/purgatory of sorts.  The town wants to torment you, yes, but only if you, deep down, believe you deserve to be tormented.    That's ultimately what Silent Hill is all about: taking your inner demons, making them real, and forcing you to face them head-on.

Lady Sakura

Martee you and I think alike it seems! Our characters trust no one because of what they've been through!

She is lovely.

Edit: read the others just now and there are some great character creations.

Mellific

If it matters, I'm completely willing to change Liv's blood type, since we have so many O's.

O/O | A/A | MM

Martee

You know, I actually did research into blood type dominance by ethnicity before I chose mine!  Because I'm a dork...

Quote from: Lady Sakura on June 16, 2017, 09:23:10 PM
Martee you and I think alike it seems! Our characters trust no one because of what they've been through!

She is lovely.

Edit: read the others just now and there are some great character creations.

Thanks!  I need to catch up on the character sketches, I've had a busy couple of days.

Quote from: Remiel on June 16, 2017, 04:22:25 PM
My question is: who would want to be in the faster group and who would want to be in the slower one?

Go ahead and stick me in the slow group please, just to be on the safe side. 

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Remiel

Quote from: Mellific on June 16, 2017, 09:37:25 PM
If it matters, I'm completely willing to change Liv's blood type, since we have so many O's.

It's up to you!

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Martee on June 16, 2017, 09:50:51 PM
You know, I actually did research into blood type dominance by ethnicity before I chose mine!  Because I'm a dork...

I did that too! So we both are dorks!

Imo, I think it's good all the universal blood donors so people can get blood transfusions during worse cases.

Remiel

Also, I'm not saying it matters, but I'm not saying it won't.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Lady Sakura on June 16, 2017, 09:53:53 PM
I did that too! So we both are dorks!

Imo, I think it's good all the universal blood donors so people can get blood transfusions during worse cases.

That was actually why I chose her bloodtype s O+ :P but it seems everyone had the same idea.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 16, 2017, 09:56:59 PM
That was actually why I chose her bloodtype s O+ :P but it seems everyone had the same idea.

I picked it cause it's a common blood type amongst African Americans lol

Martee

Quote from: Remiel on June 16, 2017, 09:55:57 PM
Also, I'm not saying it matters, but I'm not saying it won't.

We really need to stop giving Remiel ideas...

CandyLips

I'd prefer to be in the fast group, but if there's no more room, I don't mind the slower-paced group.

Remiel

Here's my preliminary thoughts as far as grouping:

Group A
Hudson Allen
Natasha Valentine
Kate Brennan Kyler Bishop
Liv Anderson
Caroline Becker

Group B
Charlie Morgan
Carl Noble
Kyler Bishop Kate Brennan
Catherine Grant
Lucas Anderson
Araceli Ponce

any objections?

CandyLips

I don't mind switching if you want to make the M:F ratio to be a little more balanced. If not, looks good to me! ^_^

Remiel

Quote from: CandyLips on June 18, 2017, 03:45:39 PM
I don't mind switching if you want to make the M:F ration to be a little more balanced. If not, looks good to me! ^_^

Hrmmm, good point.

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Martee

I object.  You misspelled Araceli's name on the cast thread.  That'll earn a shiv to the the kidneys.   ^-^

blue bunny sparkle

Quote from: Remiel on June 18, 2017, 03:41:30 PM
Here's my preliminary thoughts as far as grouping:

Group A
Hudson Allen
Natasha Valentine
Kate Brennan Kyler Bishop
Liv Anderson
Caroline Becker

Group B
Carl Noble
Kyler Bishop Kate Brennan
Catherine Grant
Lucas Anderson
Araceli Ponce

any objections?

Looks good to me!

Lockepick

No objections here!

As a note: Kate and Hudson are both stealthy. So I can see wanting to split them up, or having them be able to work together is good too. So... no objections!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Mellific

Quote from: Martee on June 18, 2017, 10:16:44 PM
I object.  You misspelled Araceli's name on the cast thread.  That'll earn a shiv to the the kidneys.   ^-^

Oh my, if that is the punishment for a character's name, then I shudder to think what it might be for misspelling my username.  ::)

So, I'm unsure if I missed this somewhere, but did anyone specify exactly how fast the fast group is expected to post? Are we talking daily posts? Weekly? I just want to get a gauge, if it's possible.

O/O | A/A | MM

Lady Sakura

I think it was 3 to 5 days per post.

💕

Remiel

Quote from: Mellific on June 19, 2017, 09:31:20 AM
Oh my, if that is the punishment for a character's name, then I shudder to think what it might be for misspelling my username.  ::)

I don't know what you're talking about. <_<

So, I'm unsure if I missed this somewhere, but did anyone specify exactly how fast the fast group is expected to post? Are we talking daily posts? Weekly? I just want to get a gauge, if it's possible.

I was going to talk about that next.  Basically, the idea is to keep the group running smoothly--to keep it from stalling out, in other words.  I have been going back and forth on whether I want to follow Aysande's model and have a set posting order; or whether anyone can post at any time; or some hybrid of the two.   I think I'm leaning toward the hybrid model at this juncture--anyone can post at any time, but if there is inactivity, the thread defaults to a posting order.

I hope I'm not scaring anyone off with this.  I understand that real life happens, that sometimes other things have to be a priority, or that sometimes we simply don't have the energy or the muse to write.  It happens.  But like I said, as long as you make a good-faith effort to let me know what's going on, I tend to be forgiving.  Something like a "Hey, chief, I got nothing this week, can we skip my turn?" in the OOC thread should do nicely.   What I hate most of all is complete  radio silence.

Does anyone have any experience with successful group games?  Is there a reasonable posting rate that is fair?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Remiel on June 19, 2017, 11:03:14 AM
I don't know what you're talking about. <_<

I was going to talk about that next.  Basically, the idea is to keep the group running smoothly--to keep it from stalling out, in other words.  I have been going back and forth on whether I want to follow Aysande's model and have a set posting order; or whether anyone can post at any time; or some hybrid of the two.   I think I'm leaning toward the hybrid model at this juncture--anyone can post at any time, but if there is inactivity, the thread defaults to a posting order.

I hope I'm not scaring anyone off with this.  I understand that real life happens, that sometimes other things have to be a priority, or that sometimes we simply don't have the energy or the muse to write.  It happens.  But like I said, as long as you make a good-faith effort to let me know what's going on, I tend to be forgiving.  Something like a "Hey, chief, I got nothing this week, can we skip my turn?" in the OOC thread should do nicely.   What I hate most of all is complete  radio silence.

Does anyone have any experience with successful group games?  Is there a reasonable posting rate that is fair?

I think that sounds reasonable and good to me, especially when the two groups are this size.  The hybrid model sounds like it'd be a good idea as well.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the posting rates also sound fine to me personally.  Even if it is like three to five days, it can seem a bit more than that with the amount of people.  Like, say, if you're in the back of the posting order it could be anywhere from a day (if people are posting demons) to a week or so if things slow before it's your turn to post.  Speaking from past experience.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories