On a Quest to Rediscover - D&D 5th ed - Recruitment

Started by Sain, August 12, 2016, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyr4n02r

Oh good. Guy wanted to take my shift. I'll do it now.

Gonna play this one of two ways so I have a question on which origin fits your campaign the best:

a) Outsider of Arcanz: A small village that wars with Orcs for resources that may have become scarce from the city's influence. A certain encounter in his village leads to an opportunity to visit the recently fallen dome. He ma have been living in a region of the city for a few months, obviously gaining ire and investigation from being one of few people from the outside COMING IN.

b) The Time in Now: His particular ghetto kept ancient traditions and training, awaiting the day where they can return to the wild, be it lush land to be protected or desolate plains to be restored. A now weakened pair of deities, Titania the Summer Queen and Oberon of the Summer, charged him with a mission and to continue a specific type of training, awaiting a day when he can explore.

EDIT: Well you answered one of those before I shot this up.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Sain

PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

HopeFox

On the subject of Unearthed Arcana, I'm seriously tempted by the Gourmand feat for Blackbird. Less "classy chef who makes meals fit for a king" and more "can turn a pigeon and a handful of moss into a healthy meal that won't make you throw up", but still! Could make him very popular on an expedition!
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Sain

Quote from: HopeFox on August 14, 2016, 09:12:26 AM
On the subject of Unearthed Arcana, I'm seriously tempted by the Gourmand feat for Blackbird. Less "classy chef who makes meals fit for a king" and more "can turn a pigeon and a handful of moss into a healthy meal that won't make you throw up", but still! Could make him very popular on an expedition!

Being a big fan of "Dungeon Meshi" manga where the party dwarf turns every monster the party encounters into a healthy meal I fully approve of such a feat ;D

tyr4n02r

Name: Liam Sept’eraz
Race/Class: CN Wood Elf Warlock 3/Druid 4
Sex/Gender: Mostly Hetero Male
Interested In: This character will be on a mission to find magical items based in nature to appease Oberon and Titania. He does not actually know why he needs them, he may not even EVER get any one, but he knows to follow where they send. Thus, I’m mainly looking for a wilderness/dungeon crawler with some character intrigue. He will be able to participate in political aspects as well, although in-character will probably be bored and moody, unless its about a moral debate. Sexually, Liam is inexperienced as personal relationships has never been a main focus, but has a thing for Drow. He would like a female partner who takes charge, but isnt but so dominant, as he feels it may impede on his independence. If their is any social construct that he hates, it it slavery.
Brief Description: Liam understands order, but it had always gone against what he felt was his nature. Able to follow rules, he would just as likely break them when a guard’s back is turned. if he thinks its menial. Growing up the runt, he uses more of his clever guile than his strength to survive. Skilled at hunting, he generally prefers not to kill flora or fauna. Liam does however understand and appreciate the “circle of life.” While he would much rather remain unbothered in the corner, Liam is naturally snarky, sharp tongued and quick witted, due to having to survive as the runt. However, he still has a bit of trouble with Common, as he grew up in an Elvish/Sylvan-speaking environment, which will no doubt lead to compromising situations. Almost absolutely glued to his mission, he does not find too much importance on social interactions or other affairs, but seems to find solace in music. With his focused nature, he is only but so “diplomatic” and has a very thin fuse when it comes to the proverbial bullshit. He has a massive disdain for Orckind, and is wary or Humans and High-Elves, as they have shown their own destructive tendencies, although he has personally met those who appreciate and respect nature. Interestingly enough, Liam has a respect for Dwarvenkind, as they also have an appreciation for a type of nature, but just a weird way of showing it. Gnomes can be annoying, but all-in-all arent too bad, and he’s never seen Dragonkin or Tieflings in his life so far. And for a reason unknown to him, he pops a boner around Drow…
Backstory
Liam grew up training for is tribe's mage-fighter guard, ready to protect both nature and Wood Elf from invaders. While his tribe was Elvish, the various invaders and merchants caused death within the local tribes, causing them to train warriors and professionals at younger ages. As with most in his tribe, he was sent on a particular vision quest at 19 into the most underdesireable areas of their overgrown district. The vision he saw changed his motivations in life greatly.

Cold, near-naked, alone and unarmed, Liam was met in his vision by the Archfey Oberon. The wingless fairy came with an lifelong mission, specifically to a select group of elves of all natures. "there will be many tools to aid you, but you will collect certain weapons for me. This weapon will come in many forms, and you must leave this perverse blend of technology and nature to complete it. You will be a herald for me, and will be able to restore life to the desolate concrete wasteland that many have brought. Should you accept this task, I will give you an edge to succeed."

Liam awoke from his trance only to find a white stag laying in agony nearby. This was the symbol of Oberon! It was practically begging to be put to death, which he reluctantly accepted. This provided both meat and warmth for his quest back. But, as it was illegal to poach, he hid the hide within a tree stump, as he would return to it at a later time. For the next few years, he studied the legends and lore about various weapons of a natural property, also looking at cursed weapons as well, although relatively unsuccessful. But during his studies, it had been discovered that he had killed a sacred white stag. He was then exiled for a duration of 40 years.

Just as well, his wanderlust and desire to find his destined weapon had grown to a feverpoint. He simply began his mission earlier than expected. He took the leather of Oberon's offering and began his trek.

Pace preference: I’d prob like 3-5 times a week. I know I’m never available on Tuesdays, and some Mondays. 1-3 Paragraphs, something big enough to matter, something small enough to digest.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Sorry, I suffer from having to over-explain everything to everyone like a 5th grader. No disrespect intended.

See if that flies.

Warlock question: If I take "Pact of the Tome" and gain the "Find Familiar" ritual, are  Variant Familiars allowed (Monster Manual p.347)? Does that extend to Warlock exclusives?

Shillelagh + Polearm Combo?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Sain

No variant familiars, those are more for the pact of chain warlocks. Find Familiar spell would be restricted to just vanilla familiars.

I assume with Shillelagh you mean polearm mastery feat with quarterstaff? I'll use the official ruling on that case. You can get a second attack off with your spell casting attribute but instead of d8 the damage die with the haft will be d4, though as rest of the weapon it will be magical.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

CeruleanSerenity

Bards can be built to perform pretty much any role, so (if I'm in) I'd be willing to fill any holes in the party composition... not quite as well as a more specialized class, but hopefully enough that class balance will be less of a worry. That's why I didn't choose a College, though I'd lean towards Lore.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Hi there.  Still room for people?  I really need to read the entire thread, but I feel like with D&D games if I don't just jump on a post stupid fast, it'll fill up.

Thinking maybe Warlock.  Might go so far as do the full cliche and attach tiefling to that.

Edit:  Maybe not, as I see someone else working on a Warlock as well (though I was thinking blade pact).

Edit2:  Also have a paladin idea stored up.

Sain

Still very much open. No players have been picked yet and I'll wait few days to give everyone time before doing that.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Name: Eldran'Tyr, The Cursed and the Redeemed
Race/Class: Tiefling Warlock 3/Paladin 4
Sex/Gender: Hetero Male
Interested In: Eldran'Tyr is a cliche in two different directions, and I'd love to try and explore the dark hero epic archetype.  He wants to do good, feels the urge to do wrong, all of that.  I would love to see romance for him, because that would be strange, but at the same time, he can be savage and violent and all of that darker stuff as well.  I really would like to see him get a chance to be the hero, the champion, overcoming his own nature.  Even better, USING that better nature (hence the combination of classes he's using).
Brief Description: It's a cliche tale.  The demon who seduced a mortal woman.  The mortal woman who gave birth to a demon-blooded child.  Not willing to look upon the evidence of her own infidelity, the baby was left on the doorstep of a church.  The church, not willing to give up the chance to turn evil to the light, took the baby in, and then began to 'purify it'.  The horns were shorn off, the tail cut off in a strange baptism.  Inked with holy scripture across his dark skin, he was trained as a holy warrior for the church, but even his strict upbringing couldn't suppress all of the dark powers that still were inside of him.  He does his best to fuse those together into some sort of dark champion.
Pace preference: I'm usually good to post Thursday through Sunday, EST business hours.  Like 8am - 5pm.  On my 'weekend', of Monday through Wednesday, I'm more sporadic.  Sometimes I can throw some poses out, but often I can't.  I tend to post 2-3 paragraphs, capable of shorter but still have details.  In a larger group, I'll write more because it might take that much to match, but if I'm in a 1:1 situation and my partner's hurling pages at me, I'm intimidated and have issues.

Sain

Alright, looking at character applications so far I think it's safe to say this game might need more female characters :P

HopeFox

I could easily flip Blackbird to female if the ratio continues to be bad!
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

ShadowFox89

I plan on Jaya being a gal. Can't decide if I want her to be human or tiefling though... tempted towards tiefling.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

tyr4n02r

I don't know how much "tek" is going into this "magitek" campaign, but this Unearthed Arcana might be relevant to GM or players.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Guancyto

So there's already a Wizard, is there room for another? Got a Warforged Wizard concept in my back pocket I've been wanting to try for ages, and since we're going all Star Trek here, gotta have Data, right?

AndyZ

Would a Changeling Rogue fit into this group?  Gender variable but starting female.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lunar Raven

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 15, 2016, 03:00:11 AMI plan on Jaya being a gal. Can't decide if I want her to be human or tiefling though... tempted towards tiefling.
I'm sure either would be welcome; we've already got one of each, so neither would be out of place :-)

Quote from: tyr4n02r on August 15, 2016, 04:50:20 AMI don't know how much "tek" is going into this "magitek" campaign, but this Unearthed Arcana might be relevant to GM or players.
Ooooo, a UA I didn't have! *save-click*  Think I'm gonna snag the Synchornisity spell ::)

Quote from: Guancyto on August 15, 2016, 04:53:51 AMSo there's already a Wizard, is there room for another? Got a Warforged Wizard concept in my back pocket I've been wanting to try for ages, and since we're going all Star Trek here, gotta have Data, right?
I say go for it if you wish.  The Wizard I'm playing is in background mode, there for an assist and contact with Arcanz, so if you're intent on the more adventure worthy wizard, that would be good.

Quote from: AndyZ on August 15, 2016, 04:58:06 AMWould a Changeling Rogue fit into this group?  Gender variable but starting female.
I certainly see no reason why not ;D
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Sain

tyr4n02r

So I can't find any answer anywhere in books or online...

Druid's Wild Shape: Are they only for Beasts? CR is variable depending on Druid Circle (wasn't their a 3rd Circle in an Unearthed Arcana anywhere? I thought there was but I can't find it...) but how about size?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lunar Raven

So it would appear.  I've just taken a quick browse through my PHB but can't see anything that says otherwise.  Will continue to browse through and see if I can't find anything by tomorrow.

No mention about sizes either - seems like the creature you choose dictates the size.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Sain

Yes. Creature you choose dictates size. I think it was animals and beasts only so no funky magical creatures or such until you get that trait or something that lets you shift into an elemental.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Sain

Oh, alright. Beast and vermin :P Whatever the rulebook said, or was there some specific creature you were wondering about?