News:

Main Menu

Sexiest Older Woman

Started by Natalie C. Barney, June 24, 2005, 08:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

I want to see who you think are the sexiest older women, as in over 40 years old in movies? I think its Jane Seymore (Dr. Quinn and a Bond Girl) a star in the upcoming movie PARTY CRASHERS doing a wonderful "Graduate" inspired scene should be on the list. And going to Europe the impeccible Catherine Deneuve has to be on the list. And lets not forget the legendary Sophia Loren she just oozes sexiness and class. Thats it for now.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Lancis

*sheepishly* Dolly Parton...

I agree with Jane Seymour...

how about Demi Moore? she is over 40 and dating someone in their 20s *chuckles*

anyway...
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Spookie Monster

Hmmm... that's a hard one. Not so much because there aren't sexy older women out there; there certainly are. But as a person who's genuinely attracted to personality over looks, and who's strongly turned off by a bad personality, it's hard to say. I mean, I've never met any women whose names we'd all recognize, you know? Therefore, I might say, "So-and-So looks sexy to me," but then find out she's as shallow as Lake Chad in the dry season (ha cha cha). Thus, I'm forced to be non-committal on the issue of who's sexy and who's not.

Typical male... can't commit... :P

Nonetheless, let me give it a try. I don't know much about Jane Seymour, but... wah wah WAH. She is hot, no doubt. My heart beats faster every time I watch her in Live and Let Die (and I still love that movie; I think it gets a bad rap). Catherine Deneuve and Dolly Parton actually seem likable, so their looks kind of become invisible to me, if that makes sense; no comment. Sophia Loren goes without saying; she can be haughty, but... she's Sophia Loren. Demi Moore looks good, I guess; she annoys me, though, so again, looks become invisible.

So who else?

Well, Marlene Dietrich would be my first choice. (Not the way she is now, of course; please don't ban me! :P ) She'd always been sexy, primarily because she was so damn cool - her looks were secondary. For more modern women... hmmm. How about Maura Tierney? Virginia Hey? Isabelle Adjani? I don't know much about them, but they certainly look good to me...

And in November we can add Famke Janssen (although she seems kind of belligerent to me, so I probably wouldn't put her on my personal list). Next year we can add Salma Hayek and Sophie Marceau! :o

Fun Fact: The cloned sheep Dolly was named after Dolly Parton!
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Natalie C. Barney

How about Judi Dench (played M in the new James Bond movies), I know she's not a conventional beauty but she is sophisticated, poised and elegant and has a soft sexiness that makes her an interesting package- so I would one of the sexiest applying all these factors together. Of course women do see beauty differnently and she is not unattractive but sexy is often more than looks.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Lord Drakestone

Man blinded by the light of Creation, turns away from it and  bows to the god that appears before him.

Valerian

Don't forget Lauren Bacall!  She's always struck me as very classy, determined but still very feminine, and from what I've heard, she's even quite a nice person as well.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lord Drakestone

Lauren Bacal is sexy, but I can't whistle and I have this vision of her interupting sex to tell me that there is a wrinkle in the sheets.
Man blinded by the light of Creation, turns away from it and  bows to the god that appears before him.

Hunter

*considers*  Actually, I don't know.

Humble Scribe

I've always been a fan of Sigourney Weaver. And Catherine Deneuve.
The trouble with our society is that we have become seduced by a cult of eternal youth, and people are no longer allowed to grow old gracefully, but must lift and tuck and botox until you end up like Joan Rivers. Did anyone see the episode of Dr Who with the Last Human (she was nothing but a face which had been so stretched that it filled an entire frame)? Russell Davies as usual summing it all up for me.
The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on:  nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Ons and Offs

Natalie C. Barney

Morgan Fairchild too, she's really a beauty. And I did pose Judi Dench I think she is great, classy sexy.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Lord Drakestone

Judi Dench is a grand dame.   If you don't believe me, check with the British Empire, but sexy, I don't think so.  I mean they cast her as 'M' not Moneypenny.  Maggy Smith is sexier than Judi Dench.  Jessica Tandy was sexy, the original Blanche DuBois.

Maybe we have to define what makes a woman sexy.

Lancis

Farrah Faucett of course still has it :)

Wilma Flinstone is well over 40 to LOL ;) or Jane Jetson :) lol

Didnt say that they had to be HUMAN! :)

sorry couldnt resist :)

how about Linda Hamilton (terminator)

Carrie FIsher (Star Wars 4-6)

one of my friends over my shoulder adds Julie Andrews...

anyway :)

Lord Drakestone

Lancis,

You left out Betty Boop and Jessica Rabbit

Lancis

while betty boop would be over 40...

Jessica Rabbit hasnt made it yet...

Cartoon characters our counted from date of creation...

but i did forget betty indeed :)

Shadowlord

I think Jamie Lee Curtis is still pretty damn sexy.

Lancis

i agree Jamie most certainly belongs in the list :)

Have you seen Paris Hiltons mom? not sure if she is over forty but she is fairly hot

girlieq

Kim Basinger and Michelle Pfeiffer. :)

Lancis

yeah!

Cindy Crawford of course to!

Lord Drakestone

It would seem not only is there some differences of opinion about the meaning of sexy, there is also some difference of opinion about the meaning of older.

Lancis

well Natalie said "Over 40." so thats what i think we are working with :)

girlieq

Yeah, that's what I was going by. If Meg Ryan is over 40 I'd add her to the list, and Madelaine Stowe, too. :-*

Lancis

19 November 1961 is Meg Ryan so yeah she definately Qualifies :)

Jennifer Saunders (if you dont know her she was the voice of the Fairy Godmother in Shrek two)

seen here with Mike Myers

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2486/JenniferSa_Vespa_2728467_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Saunders,%20Jennifer&seq=6

Valkos

Sigourney Weaver, I would have to say is DAMN sexy, and it is very hard to believe she is over 50 years old!  Mary Elizabeth Monstrantonio (most notably in my book from The Abyss), Meg Ryan, Sandra Bullock, Halle Berry, Kyra Sedgwick, Carrie Fisher, Sally Field, Rene Russo, Margot Kidder, Jodie Foster, Michelle Pfeiffer, Goldie Hawn, Jamie Lee Curtis, Debra Winger, Karen Allen...

And... one of the absolute sexiest and hottest woman on the screen... Geena Davis
Hogwarts: Denora Crabin, Ebyn Farmer
Urban Arcana- Yancey Square: Zi, ChangĀ  "Daisy"
Dark Side of the Senshi: Kaiou, Michiru
Elven Maiden vs. Human Barbarian: Unther/Telen'mar

*have AIM, YIM, ICQ, and MSNĀ  feel free to say hi

menndebi

Let us not forget Tina Turner and her body..I think she is about 60 now!

*Amazing how the brain 'drains' out when you are typing and all ideas are gone!!*
Deb
Accept people for who they are, never judge a book by its cover, respect others and others will respect you.

Lancis

have to Add Angela Bassett to the list :)