Dust to Dust: RP Chronicles [UN]

Started by Dust, August 17, 2008, 09:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dust

Any ideas I come up with I'll be posting here with announcements of my updates. If you're interested you can voice it on the thread or through the PM system. I'm really quite open to new ideas and concepts if you have something else that could work as a storyline, you can let me know through a PM.

[ . 1 . ] The King's Treasure
The palace loomed over the bustling city, like an ever present reminder of who ruled over the populous and even long beyond the city's red-sand walls. The King was the law, no one stood against his wishes... those who did were dealt with in the swiftest and made an example of. Ellasia had been flourishing under the nigh tyrant king for decades, wealth and order were his greatest accomplishments. His people bent to his will, or be swept away by it. So was life. Being both victim and advocate.
Except for those families whose daughter's are exceptionally beautiful. Those he likes are taken from their family and become one of his personal servants, some are given the “priviledge” of being in his Harem, others are simply his servants. There was one however who was more of a bargain than his men simply finding her within the kingdom's lands. She is the daughter to a highly known merchant guild leader who had an insatiable need to gamble, eventually making a wager with the King and losing his daughter in the process. This young woman is the King's favorite concubine, he prefers her company in his bed far more than any other of his other women, she is very often seen by his side at all times unless released from his sight.
She serves his every whim, carrying the weight of what her father had done to her, but it was either she submit or her father be executed for going against his word and the bet that was made. She has been his for two years, taking the disgrace and shame with her chin held high. She still had her pride and spirit, that was the one thing the King could never take from her, no matter how many times he has tried from his frustration of her defiant submission to him.
There is always a whim of hope that she would one day be released from this horrible nightmare, from the King's clutches. But he never once given hint to the fact she will ever be set free from the Fate her father's obsession sold her to.

Ellasia is a commerce and military powerhouse, one reason the King is allowed to continue his reign on his kingdom in whatever manner he wishes. It would simply be unfit and unwise to outwardly challenge him, the battle would leave all sides devastated and nothing would be likely to change. Others simply don't care about the lifestyle of the King, of their own lands and standing. The King's Harem is accessed only by himself of his most trusted soldier's which serve as “prison guards” and bodyguards for the mistresses within. All his soldiers have a gold ring in their ear, all his female servants all have a silver ring on their bottom tip, but his Harem's lip rings are gold.

--- Looking for either a player who wishes to play this King, or who wishes to play the male who would be the young woman's hope. (i.e. a foreign dignitary who takes a fancy for her and attempts to help her, a personal guard who takes pity upon her, or something else which can be discussed if interested)
--- This RP can be anywhere from non-consensual sex, light torture and bondage, whatever suits the king's mood to sweet, forbidden love if she meets the one man who can have at her complete will.
--- This RP can go in almost any direction and depth, I'm open to any ideas you might feel could make the story better and more interesting to darker and more dangerous. I'm leaving this open for whoever wishes to join.

------------------

[. 2 . ] Fall of a Star
“We must not let those who could never have the gift corrupt our beautiful way of life,” the voice came from an elderly woman, still having the steadiness and lovely tone of youth, those cold stone-colored eyes reflecting the fires in the hearth. A nervous looking young woman sitting in one of the chairs besides the fireplace shuddered involuntarily but the venom in the High Priestess' words. Undoubtedly things would not end well this evening. “But surely High Priestess, you cannot be suggesting-” the Konara began but was immediately silenced by the dismissive hand of the older woman.
“I suggest only what must be done so those who would seek to use us, and our beloved Stars are never given the chance. The Stars spoke of very grave things to me Sister Mossa, things I must prevent at all costs... for the very life we have begun to make here in this temple, for those with the Gift.” came the curt, sure answer of the reigning woman in the Stars had chosen as their leader. “You understand what must be done?” the senior priestess only nodded her head, refusing to say anything more to the leader of her religion. She couldn't trust her tongue at this moment. That and she spoke of the Stars' message, surely they would never steer the sisters down the wrong path.
With a sigh the younger woman lowered her head in defeat, nodding softly. “Yes, High Priestess, the will of the Stars, deciphered by your hand lead us to enlightenment.” she murmured in soft prayer before getting up from her seat, bowing deeply to the authority before exiting the room quickly.
“She will be trouble...” a third voice mused softly from the corner where a third woman stepped out, another sister of the stars and bowed to the High Priestess. The elderly woman only nodded her head, leaning back into her chair, her gaze never leaving the fires. “Yes, but she will do what she needs, if she stands in the will of the Stars she will meet judgment.” was the only reply causing a smile to appear on the other's lips. Another bow and that woman too, took her leave from the room.
That night, what once was a pure religion was soured and soiled with blood. Innocent blood. Those within the temple without the gift had their souls given to the stars, males especially were shown no extra thought. A;; the Sisters of the time followed the will of the Stars, known only through the words of the High Priestess who told them all what must be done to cleanse the evil taint from the religion, from their lives. After all the pyres burned those loyal to what had taken place were brought together to fix the teachings to warn about all those poisonous things that had been disposed of, those who were not loyal were sent to join the Stars they so revered as well... just like all the victims the night before.
There was no explanation on why the Stars spoke thus, those priestesses who were murdered in cold blood did not if it was truly the will of the celestial bodies or if the High Priestess of old had simply lost her sanity, they were never given the chance to find out the truth.
From that time no one knows about the original teachings, history long since swallowed that story whole, all that is written about the religion, about this group of priestesses, is what was seen after the new teachings came into place. No one questioned it, no one knew, Few knew the inner workings enough to know there was a change in the very spirit of the Starlit religion.

Star Maidens. Users of the mysterious element, Ether, only combatant to the ever devouring Void. Chosen as children who have the potential are taken from their families and to the revered Temple of the Stars. Those families who do not wish to give their daughters to the Stars suffer greatest misfortunes and the temple receives the orphan/s afterwards. There the female children are taught the ways of the stars from the High Priestess and Lesser Priestesses of the Ethers, completely without the company of men. This is a woman-driven society, since they need not bear children to have those of the gift, men are considered unnecessary, a terrible distraction from loving the ethereal bodies of the night skies.
One maiden in particular had the most powerful potential essence the High Priestess had ever encountered. She was ripped from the protective arms of her elder brother, the only family she had and taken to the temple where she underwent the training of all those before her. But she never forgot the brother that had been her family, more like a father, and that alone made her different from all the rest, she remembered but it did little against the demands of the Stars. Still untouched, she occasionally questions the teachings of the temple that'd been her home for so long, but still followed all laws and customs. When her thoughts become to clouded, she walks among the flora and fauna of the Starlit Woods, a forrest surrounding the temple to clear her mind. She never wandered far for fear of discovery from anyone not from the temple, farthest she ever goes is the waterfall which graces the woods. Night is the only time she is allowed outside the temple grounds, her beauty was a terrible problem, the men of the nearby villages who have looked upon her have tried, and failed, to ask the temple for her hand. So she was little less than a prisoner while other Sisters were not held in such close comfines.

--- Looking for a male partner who could perchance woo this lovely flower into breaking the very bonds of her religion, or force her into submission... it can go either way and it all can be discussed through the PMs.
--- This RP can go from traditional romance to non-consensual and bondage, depending on which ever direction the RP turns. Again, this can all be discussed.
--- Like all the RPs I'll make this one is open for ideas from my partner, anything could be added to make it more serious and darker, taking to deeper depths of plots and twists.
--- Magic and medieval are the main plots of this RP, you can be just about anyone, or anything in terms of race and character design, like my character is elven for example.

------------------

[ . 3 . ] Blessed Curse
Heavily booted footsteps echoed what seemed to be endlessly around him, adding to the terrible drumming of his heart's hammering in his ears. He could not sense her, but he knew she was here, and that only made the dread he felt within his chest all the worse. The light cast by the dragon orb he held in his palm revealed little about the cave aside for there being water somewhere, the light was reflecting upon the walls, eerily casting dancing shadows upon the walls. As he entered the main cavern he froze where he stood, eyes wide as he stared at the prone form of the woman he had sought in this place, lying still at the water's edge. “NO!” his multi-toned voice, half human half dragon, came forth unbidden by fear for the worst... despite somehow knowing there was no hope. The orb dropped to the ground as the dragon lord flung himself upon the woman's form, gathering her in his arms, carefully turning her over. A wail was choked off by a racking sob as he saw the knife embedded in her chest, her stone-cold skin pale in comparison to the color it once had, the flush of her cheeks was as dead as she was. Those gorgeous, light filled eyes were shut in their final sleep, she'd never look upon him again. His tears splashed gently on her face, a free hand pulling the knife almost lovingly from her body as if it would somehow reverse what had been done. But she didn't move, her chest was still, her heartbeat long gone, her eyelids would never flutter.
The knife hit the ground next to her scaled fin, the one thing that had set her apart from all others that sought after his hand. She was pure, chose to walk the earth to be his, giving up the water from whence merfolk came. She gave up her old life for him and for what? For him to be driven with jealously, listening to those deadly rumors. Just as she listened to those she believed to be true to her. They all failed her. He failed her. He saw now how much his words truly crushed her. His arms enfolded her tighter to his chest, his sobs shaking his entire being. He did not wish to part from her, she did not deserve this fate, their love was supposed to be never ending. He blinked suddenly, and so it shall be.
He summoned forth his elemental lore, those tears turning to blood as his life began to End. Crystals of ice slowly began to form around them, encasing them for all of time. His only hope and wish was to be reincarnated with her so their love would have it's chance.

From that day those two souls have been both blessed and cursed. They are blessed because they are indeed reincarnated in the same lifetime, but cursed because the manner in which they meet, whether they will even fall in love, is completely up the finicky ways of Fate. All they will ever know when looking upon the other is a sense of being drawn towards them, though the reason remains obscured. Perhaps flashbacks of those times when their love was pure and strong, perhaps only this feeling of having to have the other? It is completely in the Fate's power how these lovers meet in their next lives. In this world, they can be seen in any form, be anyone. Possibilities are endless. Will he in his new life love her as he did in the past? Will she forget the pain he caused her and allow her soul to be his once more? Will he only seek to dominate her because of this pull she has on him? Will she chase him, hunt him, because she has fleeting feelings of hate and pain from what he did to her in their original lives? Only Fate knows this time...

--- This RP is actually really open ended in how the plot will come about, and the settings. While I prefer fantasy settings if you have good ideas I'm sure I'd be up for anything. Race, ect, ect, are all open. I only chose dragonkin and mermaid in the story intro simply because it was different.
--- How the two characters interact will more or less be open as well, they don't necessarily have to like eachother, or fall in love (though romance is always nice), this RP could end up master/slave if the cards are played right.
--- As for category, I supposed it will all depend on the plot line we come up with and everything but I'm a fairly open individual.

------------------

[ . 4 . ] Deadliest of the Butterflies
Blade through the throat. Poison slipped into a drink. Arrow through the heart. Strangulation. Drowning. Fires. The killing arts of the assassin. We thought we knew the ways in which they killed, because we were of the Brotherhood of the assassin. But in the end it seems we were wrong. She is unlike any assassin we've ever come across. Ever known. We were the lucky ones to be called “allies”. Until we made the worst mistake. We took a job to erase her from this world for an ungodly price.
Our greed is what drove us, no matter how many of the Brotherhood she dispatched. The hunt is still on today.

The hunter that is hunted, yet always managing to thwart all plans of attacks against her, continuing to take jobs as if nothing out of the ordinary is wrong with her routine. Of course she is keeping track of those sent against her, the Brotherhood will be a target one day, but until that fated day when she finally decides to pay them a visit she ignores them.

--- This RP is open to whether you want to be a target of hers, part of the Brotherhood, or anything else you want to think of. I'd like this one to be fantasy based so race, powers/abilities, ect., will more or less be up to you to use your imagination for.
--- The story can be open for however you wish the characters interact, once the basis of a storyline is set up. Simple companionship turned more? I'm fairly open for anything.
--- Category can be discussed depending on how we decide things will develop and turn.
--- This RP is open if you'd like to have more than one character, I'll be playing quite a bit of NPCs from the Brotherhood myself, so the RP is practically free game on everything.

Dust

Update: Fall of a Star was added.

Dust

Update: King's Treasure reopened.

SecreT

Oww... I know we are already on a game but, your second idea has totally gotten my attention :\
O&O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19326.0
All thoughts, all passions, all delights,
Whatever stirs this mortal frame,
All are but ministers of Love,
And feed his sacred flame.

Dust

Unfortunately, it was taken through a PM. I'm sorry SecreT.

SecreT

O&O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19326.0
All thoughts, all passions, all delights,
Whatever stirs this mortal frame,
All are but ministers of Love,
And feed his sacred flame.

Dust

Dust

Update: Blessed Curse was added

Working on a couple more, will reopen when they are posted.

Dust

Update: King's Treasure was rewritten.

Still some work to be done.

Dust

Update: Fall of a Star's storyline was added to.

Should have two more senarios up tomorrow and be reopening my thread. Yay!

Dust

Update: Deadliest of the Butterlies was added.

Open for reservations again... might have more stories to come in time.

Dust

It's been quite some time since I've been able to find the time to be as active as I was sorta in the beginning. I'm reopening my thread, perhaps I will have better luck this time.

But please understand I might not be able to post in a completely consistant manner, but I promise to be on at least once a day and I will reply whenever I can.