Doctor Who roleplay

Started by YaoiRolePlay, March 22, 2012, 10:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YaoiRolePlay

I'm looking for some general Doctor Who roleplaying. I don't particularly have anything in mind, but I thought we could just go open ended and move on from there. When I role play, I generally like to make it up as  I go along without a preset story in mind. I find it more fun that way. But that's just me. And Doctor Who is the perfect forum for doing it.

I would like for someone to be the Doctor (9, 10, 11) and for someone or a group of someones being companions. Really any of the companions from that era including Rose, Jackie, Martha, Donna, Jack, Wlifred Mott, Amy, Rory, or River. I would love some Master role play as well or Davros and Daleks. Something. Pretty fuzzy on details. But that's the fun part. :D

classicalcreature

I wouldn't mind playing a female companion (Especially Amy, River or Rose), if you're still looking for people. xxx
When you hit your thumb with an eight-pound hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout, 'Oh, random-fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-outmoded-concept on a crutch!'
~Men at Arms, Terry Pratchett

YaoiRolePlay

Ya, sure thing. I can't pm or anything so we can't coordinate like that, but we can talk here. I'll play the Doctor and you play, which companion would you like? And which Doctor would you prefer me to be? 9, 10, or 11?

classicalcreature

Hi! I'm sorry. I've been at my mum's all weekend and the internet there is crappy so I've not been able to reply. I quite like the 11/Amy dynamic, but if you prefer a different Doctor, I don't mind.
When you hit your thumb with an eight-pound hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout, 'Oh, random-fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-outmoded-concept on a crutch!'

Roleplay Frog

Humnnn. .. I start to like this forum despite the current limitations, if this is what I see on some first random skipping throughs...

I could like being a Dalek! must be very unwinding. Or the modern youthful crazy master variation? hmnnn..

YaoiRolePlay

Yes yes yes to everything. I would love to do 11 and Deva I would love it if you would be the Master or something, we could come up with some sort of fun plot. xD Like the next regeneration of the Master. It could be a totally new character! xD

Jazmaina

I love the utter mind-fuckery that is River, so if I could join, that is who I would most like to be.

If not her, then (please don't hit me) an Ianto Jones who didn't quite die, and is desperately searching the universe for Jack to figure out what the hell is happening to him.
Your car can do forty miles on a gallon of petrol? Yeah, well my bike can do that on a cup of tea and a biscuit!

YaoiRolePlay

I would love to get a River. River is one of my favorite characters, actually.

Jazmaina

Your car can do forty miles on a gallon of petrol? Yeah, well my bike can do that on a cup of tea and a biscuit!

Roleplay Frog

The Master it is. I'm great at playing psychopaths, it comes naturally.  .. I'd prolly let myself be inspired by a hint of my own style introduced to the latest version of the master as in the sound of drums(and etc).

So! Story ideas? I also like someone playing River, consider, the character has certain timelord aspects and could have heard of the master.  I can literally see something among the lines of

"So someone created a human-timelord mongrel girl and of course he just couldn't resist that treat.. *for a second you thought you saw a hint of utter disgust surfacing under his charming smile*"

.. thinking about it, the way doctor who is structured it is usually bad guy enacting a plan, doctor walzing in, doctor being awesome and somehow solving things with lots of weirdness. .. I ofcourse have no problems loosing but we have a bit of a planning issue, as the figure of the master is basically the doctors intellectual equal,  just more aggressive and reckless.

Either way.. plot plotting. . an idea I'd have to throw out that'd get everyone involved nicely could be among the lines of:
Approach companions, either current ones or old ones(allowing to bring old companion to a new doctor if ya guys want that!) or seperate the companions preferably one with a tardis key and pretend you are an old friend or etc of the doctor to get into the tardis while the doctor is out adventuring.

Another idea I had while randomly thinking would be more reliant on River, she can fly the tardis, so what about the doctor being sick with plotdevicium poisoning and needing help himself.. guess whom the tardis locks onto. River is a bit mistrusting so our plotting Evil genius has to wait for the right moment in this situation.

The downside in both approaches is that the doctor would not get that heavy involved or at least would need to get distracted at first. I prefer the first version as for example the doctor could figure out that somethings amiss over.. I dunno. doctor sense!

Just random ideas; if someone has something better... but I think it was always the main aspect of the master to be deceptive.. and kind of disliked how he never got to really.. plot things out using people like they teach you on evil genius academy in the new episodes.

YaoiRolePlay

I like your ideas. I especially like the idea of the Master deceiving the companions into thinking he's an old friend of the Doctor's. Hell, he could even fool the Doctor into thinking he's an old friend of the Doctor's. The Doctor is a time traveler after all, his life doesn't always go in the right order. He could pretend to be someone he hasn't met yet. The Doctor could easily take him and do whatever evil plot he had in mind.

I really like River as well, and I'd like to incorporate her into it. It depends on how far along on her time stream she is. If she's just starting to know the Doctor than she could join in with the Master on trying to off him or torture him or whatever. If she's later she would be with the Doctor. Either way would be magnificent.

I have a general idea of the Doctor being Merlin and the Master being Morgan le Fay. I think that would make an excellent plot idea. I've had that one in my head for awhile.

Otherwise I would love to do something with the Ood or the Daleks or both. We could even throw Davros into the mix and make him not lame with his yelling all the time like in the season 4 finale.

Roleplay Frog

I like the deception of the doctor very much.. a way to include you/the doctor in this scenario and challenge both sides.

There seems to be some sort of .. timelord instinct that allowed the master and the doctor to detect each other, even over distances, then again it has been decieved before, am sure I could conjure up a silly named contraption for it.

And the master surely knows the doctor even better then River. heh.

I leave the point of it to the River player.. but why not shove her in between? For exapmle Amy could start to distrust the master rightfully, while River thinks the doctor just as untrustworthy.
I'd, personally, tend towards River on the side of the doctor, just from a feeling!

Merlin and morgan .. seems a bit confusing. am sure the Doctor can take the part but the other part.. I dunno.

The Daleks.. those could be thrown in to allow the master to gain trust. Remember, he fears and hates the Daleks like the doctor, plus he could registre as enemy, if cloaked to give him a legitimating touch.

ood.. I dun get the fascination with those. they are rather harmless poor lil slaves to me. Well the master always had a knack for mind control and the Ood seemeed suceptable to that
Either way I'd exclude Davros out of the mix. that might make things too complicated.

Jazmaina

What about if:

It's just after Let's Kill Hitler and now that the excitement of meeting the Doctor is over, River is just a little bit terrified. Yes, she's going to be very important to the Doctor, but that's not yet. That's in the future.

And now, the only thing she can think about is the fact that she's just given up all of her regenerations to save a man she's been trained and conditioned into killing since she was born. She's failed. And now her best friend knows she's actually her mother, which is all extremely confusing.

Then she meets the Master, and he's every bit as brilliant and amazing as the Doctor is. Every bit as wonderful. But he's better, because whilst he's looking for the Doctor and seems to like him, he also understands her and wants to make things work for her.

Maybe, on their path to finding the Doctor, they discover a plot in the past that has something to do with something, and all hell breaks loose.

The Doctor, naturally, turns up just in the knick of time to help out - there's a young man called Arthur who has a secret. He was the last King of Camelot's only son. He knows he should be king, but he doesn't know how to rule, so he shies away from it.

Enter the Doctor, who realises that if Arthur never becomes the King of Albion, never unites Britain, then the modern Western world as we know it would fall, and everything he's worked so hard at would be for nought.

Enter the Master, who apparently quite likes the fact that modern day society is perfect for him to mess up - he doesn't want to completely change a planet's history! Or at least, that's what he says. So he and the Doctor work quite well together, which surprises - and pleases - the Doctor, as he's always hoped the Master could be redeemed, but never thought it possible.

Then a whole load of plot happens, and by the end of it, the world is saved - huzzah! - and Arthur is crowned King of all Albion. And the Master's side project - a little science freak called Mordred, of all things - is left to grow up in peace.

Until, of course, the day Mordred finally kills Arthur, and the world is shoved back into chaos, but at least now it's historically accurate chaos, no?

And the Doctor and the Master become immortalised in human history as Merlin - that weird, old guy who helped Arthur, and also really liked birds - and Morgan Le Fey - a man somewhat obsessed with Merlin, but who tried everything possible to disrupt Arthur and lead to his downfall.

That's all I've got, lol.

classicalcreature

I like it! I love that you've incorporated King Arthur. Hehe. You take any chance to do that don't you?

YaoiRolePlay

That... is quite brilliant. I say we start a thread right away. I'm gonna go ahead and say the Doctor and Amy are landing in the middle ages and start the thread from there. Feel free to chime in! xD If you want you can have the master and River at a different setting completely than the Doctor and Amy at the beginning. If someone wants to play Arthur during the thread that would be amazing as well. And Mordred, but not till later.

YaoiRolePlay

Here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135701.0

The first post is short, I'm sorry, I promise I can write more. I just am terrible at starters.

Roleplay Frog

Hmhmnn.. I see a bit of a discrepancy at the end of the presented story.. but of course we are to work that out either way. Also where is the motivation to work with the doctor.. hmm.. well we are still about to work this one out. perhaps something forcing them to work togethers... I think I'll think something up .. .. something including a little device called 'Excalibur'

*whistles*

YaoiRolePlay

The Master doesn't have to work with the Doctor, but he could for some yet to be figured out reason. We can work out any of the bugs as we go. I thought we might as well just start it though. Feel free to post in the thread with the Master and River in a different location.

Jazmaina

Quote from: Deva on March 27, 2012, 05:21:25 PM
Hmhmnn.. I see a bit of a discrepancy at the end of the presented story.. but of course we are to work that out either way. Also where is the motivation to work with the doctor.. hmm.. well we are still about to work this one out. perhaps something forcing them to work togethers... I think I'll think something up .. .. something including a little device called 'Excalibur'

*whistles*

How on earth did I forget about Excalibur?

Once upon a time (okay, seven years ago) I made a blue tack mountain, stuck my pen in it and proclaimed to my father that whosoever pulls the pen out of the tack is ruler of the office. Then I took it out. Obviously, he said it was an unfair test of who is actually destined to make the rules in the office at home, but... he still let me change some of the rules, lol.

And, of course, the pen is much mightier than the sword.

(Maybe the Master knows where to find the sword, but it's not in a stone? Maybe the Doctor sonics it into the stone with some sort of DNA plot devicium which means only Arthur can take it out? Maybe the Master tells the Doctor that, for once, he just wants to do something decent. Like not cause a massive paradox in the future so he'd never get to have all the horrible fun his past self got?)

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: YaoiRolePlay on March 27, 2012, 05:36:49 PM
The Master doesn't have to work with the Doctor, but he could for some yet to be figured out reason. We can work out any of the bugs as we go. I thought we might as well just start it though. Feel free to post in the thread with the Master and River in a different location.

I went ahead with the master going to 'pick up' river then go after the doctor. .. n stuff.

Hmnn as I see it there are two parametres to determine, and as it is my character right now I'ma determine them.

device one: how much will the master work with the doctor? I think this one will go among the lines of sophisticated evil. what I imagine is working or pretending to work with the Doctor trying to win the favours of followers, specially river to use against.. etc, we remember he's a cruel and manipulative person, so I see him helping the doctor.. for as long as necessary.

Device two - what will the goal be..

For the sword, .. I feel like this one could be the key to the concept. Remember the Masters goal.. to be the master of all. perhaps the sword itself is either an alien artifact, or a symbol the master wants has.

this could be more effective with a future king arthur jumping in to rp as well but can work already. By the waaay, I already set up set out, as the master to the hospital where river shoudl be.. of course she could have already made her way out again if you want some tracking or whatnot but.. we#ll see how this goes.

Roleplay Frog

YaoiRolePlay

Good question. Where did everyone go? :(

Roleplay Frog

Let's forget the others, Master and Doctor where ment to be anyway*drags you off*

Naaah kiddin, I do pretty much anything but that :p

Roleplay Frog

Deva feels lonely, lonely lonely lonely

classicalcreature

Quote from: Deva on April 02, 2012, 06:59:15 AM
Deva feels lonely, lonely lonely lonely

Aww! I'm sorry! I posted! Just been very very busy with work. xxx