You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 15, 2017, 12:43:58 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A movie you associate with your child hood?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline CassieBear

Re: A movie you associate with your child hood?
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2017, 06:58:25 PM »
Space Jam. I am 25 and I watched this film more times than days I have lived. I have lived more than 9000 days.  I have seen this film at least 10,000 times

I literally watched this a couple days ago with the love. Still love it. And the song is still stuck in my head.

OT: Hocus Pocus

Offline Captain Maltese

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2017, 03:23:11 PM »
Watership Down, the movie - not the serial. It was one of the scariest movies I had seen by then. What was I, 12? A depiction of lives in fear and hope and dreams. The scenes were downright terrifying. The brave Hazel, little Fiver the seer, Bigwig the warrior, Blackberry the clever one... Kehaar the crazy featherball. The General, ruthless and powerful and a fighter to the last. And the heroes of the dreamworld; Frith the wise, El-Ahrairah the trickster, and finally the Black Rabbit who awaits us all. I have rarely seen a movie this rich on impressions. It is hard to believe that it's just a story about a handful of rabbits.

Damnit all. Now I need to hunt down the book and read it again. No, I won't see the movie again because the artwork has been left behind by technology's progress. But the tales are timeless.

- “Rabbits (says Mr. Lockley) are like human beings in many ways. One of these is certainly their staunch ability to withstand disaster and to let the stream of their life carry them along, past reaches of terror and loss. They have a certain quality which it would not be accurate to describe as callousness or indifference. It is, rather, a blessedly circumscribed imagination and an intuitive feeling that Life is Now. A foraging wild creature, intent above all upon survival, is as strong as the grass.”

Offline JustAlexander

• Freak of nature, The one who balances the scales.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • "I didn't come this far, to only come this far"
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 07:49:18 PM »
I’ve got a three way tie and they’re all Disney movies.  Mulan, Tarzan, and Hercules.  I still love the stories and the music from all of them.

Offline SeraphAzriel

• The Lord Knave - Bane Of The Wise
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • Smiles are so much more becoming!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2017, 01:29:31 AM »
Castle In the Sky.  Definitely hafta be that one.  I first saw it at my best friend's house.  Probably the first Studio Ghibli film that I ever saw. 

Offline CassieBear

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2017, 11:11:53 AM »
The Brave Little Toaster.

Online HannibalBarca

• Defiant General of Hopeless Causes * Henry Rollins for President campaigner * Mako-phile * Uncle Iroh in shades * Disciple of Dr. Cornel West * Roy Batty lives! *
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Location: At large, am tall. “Because you believed I was capable of behaving decently, I did.” -- Paulo Coelho
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2017, 12:56:13 AM »
Being 48, there were few films I saw multiple times.  Wizard of Oz was a must see the one time a year they showed in on television.  For theater films, though, the one movie that planted a flag for imagination and dreams was Star Wars.  My family went to see it in the drive-in theater, and it was a triple feature-not three different films, but three showings of Star Wars.  Nothing has kept me breathless through the entire film like that film, let alone three straight viewings.

After that, Empire Strikes Back.  If Star Wars was the flagship of my childhood, Empire was the entrance to my adolescence.  God, did I ever have a crush on Carrie Fisher.