This is my idea

Started by Alexei, April 20, 2009, 04:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexei

Story will take place in late 1800's in Russia. Alexei Romanov is supreme general of the Russian army, and Cousin to the Czar. In order to ensure that the Romanov line continues on the throne, he organizes and arranged marriage between Alexei and a foreign princess. The Romanovs need a male heir. Alexei obviously hates this, as he is one of those "the flavor of the day will warm my bed" types. And despises the idea of being tied down to one woman.

Alexei is taken, as well as an english noblewoman who is posing as a cabin boy to escape her own life. The Princess character is on reserve at the moment, but may open up if the writer doesn't have time for her. But there are various characters open.

Various servants -- the eyes and ears of the palace. Often going above and beyond for their beloved royal family.

Olga Romanov -- Alexei's older sister. Hasn't entirely forgiven her brother for killing their father, but she still tries to control his life, knowing her power comes through him.

Pavel and Elizabeth Romanov - the only members of the Romanov family that Alexei can stand. The Czar and Czarina have the power and authority in public. But behind closed doors, Solace isn't the only thing they seek from their powerful General.

Various soldiers and visiting dignitaries, etc.

I think this thread has a lot of potential, so let's tale it for a spin and see what happens.

Rhapsody

I might be interested in Elizabeth Romanov.  Can you PM me with more details about your take on the setting?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Anthea

I would be interested in Olga Romanov. Could it be possible to have more details ? Many thanks in advance.
Never tickle a sleeping dragon

my yes and no

Alexei

Olga is the oldest by five years. Think Pit Viper in a gown. Even as they were growing up, she wanted the power their father bestowed on Alexei. And when her brother was captured by a Moor King when he was 15, and their father refused to pay the ransom, she thought she had her chance. And those hopes were dashed when not only Alexei returned, but he unearthed a plot to kill their cousin and make Alexei Czar. In retaliation, he killed their father and uncle. So far, she plays nice, knowing she has no other choice then to show her brother the respect of his station. But it's safe to say, they hate each other.

Alexei

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 20, 2009, 04:53:37 PM
I might be interested in Elizabeth Romanov.  Can you PM me with more details about your take on the setting?

Elizabeth is a wonderful character. She is the Czarina. Her marriage to Pavel Romanov was arranged as well. A formidable woman in her own right, she accepted the unusual closeness between the cousins without hesitation. Learning to love her family above all else. She knows Alexei isn't happy about being put on the spot with this arranged marriage, but she agrees with her husband. The throne must be saved for the Romanovs. She's determined that this doesn't change things for her family entirely though. Yes, Pavel and Elizabeth (her boys call her Liz), they have the power in public. But behind closed doors, they willingly give up their power to their General. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Alexei

Ok, These are the characters taken -

Alexei Romanov - Russian General

Ingrid - Swedish Princess and Alexei's fiance

Angelique Somerset (Eric Smithson) - English Noblewoman trying to escape her "duties. Masquerading on a ship as a cabin boy.

We have potential interest in Olga and Liz. If people have ideas for more chars, feel free to ask.

Mithlomwen

I'd also be interested in playing Elizabeth as well.  She sounds very like a very interesting character. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Alexei

Ok, updated list --

Elizabeth Romanov is now officially taken by Mith. :D

If the person who is interested in Olga could let me know...we're just waiting on a Pavel to get started

tonycraig0555

Hello, I'd be interested in playing a servant of the house, or even a guest if there are still openings. 
Ons and Offs

Sorry once again for vanishing from E.  Had a few personal issues I had to deal with.  To those I have lost contact with, I am sorry, hopefully we can reconnect.  Thank you all for understanding.

Anthea

Olga seems to be a very interesting character to play. You can count me in  :-)

my yes and no

Alexei

To be fair, since I've been making everyone else provide writing samples. Anthea, if you could provide one in here, or on PM, It's up to you. I gave you an outline for Olga. Have fun with it :P

Tonycraig....I can take either....servant or visitor. Either would work, especially since there is going to be a ball the day after the wedding, so the opportunity is there. I need a rough outline of the character you have in mind...and a writing sample please. Same deal as Anthea....you can post it here, or send it to me in PM, I'm not picky.

I hope both of you will be joining us soon. We started last night, so we're still kind of introducing everyone.

Thanks.

Alexei

Looks like we now have another character claimed.

Katarina Romanov --  Alexei and Olga's mother -- will be played by Emmaline  ;D

tonycraig0555

I just sent you a PM with my character idea and a writing sample.

Thanks

Tony
Ons and Offs

Sorry once again for vanishing from E.  Had a few personal issues I had to deal with.  To those I have lost contact with, I am sorry, hopefully we can reconnect.  Thank you all for understanding.

Anthea

I've just sent you a PM too.
Please tell me what you think of it.

my yes and no

Shia

Hi Alexei,

It would be nice to play Akilina /for family and friends Inna/, Pavel's and Elizabeth's daughter or rather a beloved adoptive daughter with secrets in her past... and maybe she's a kind of extrasense(?) as well.
As I move blind female characters tell me if it's a problem, in any other cases I'm open for a nice group roleplay ;) I have ideas on this possible character so PM me if you find it interesting.
Nice to read about a gathering like this :)

Kip

Edited -
The game is very intriguing but I've had to withdraw my interest... thanks for any consideration.

I'll continue to follow along however :D

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Alexei

I do hope you follow the thread. I would love to include everyone, but right now, I think I need to give the thread time to find its legs and stabilize. Once that happens, I think I'll be more open to handing off Pavel. But for now, I need to use him to help steer things along. Until then, I hope you enjoy our story. :D