The Apocryphal

Started by Ramael, February 15, 2010, 03:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Would you like to help me with my story?

I need character enhancement and would love some good writers to help me play around with some of my characters.I have this setting (the plot below has been stripped down to the bare bones, I have more narrative juice than this, if you'd like to know more about anything please ask, I love talking about this).

Michael, one of the seven archangels, acting on God's behalf, has instigated Armegeddon.

Heaven declares war on modern-day Earth, and starts with Michael himself dropping one of Earth's last nuclear warheads directly onto Jerusalem, in an ugly attempt to punish those there for their "crimes against God".

A very small group of angels, cast out of Heaven years prior but not damned enough to be sentenced to Hell, have been wandering the Earth and become enamoured with humanity. These few have taken up arms along with humanity against the invading hordes of angels. For different reasons, these angels have a love of humanity that replaces the love of the almighty in their hearts. Becoming the figureheads for humanity's resistance against the forces of Heaven, these few have been weighed with the responsibility of stemming the angelic tide, and are also the targets of a plot by the agents of Hell, whom look upon this new war as a business venture...

There are portents of a new figurehead coming, also. This person, according to all sources, is either the Antichrist or the second coming of Christ himself.

These are the characters I would like played out by skilled RPers. You can explore the character as much as you would like, I would like to see them stretched out and played with. Please bear in mind, the details listed below are the "bare bones" of the character, if you like, and if you feel anything naturally coming to you whilst RPing, please add it in.  :-)

I like to think there are openings for players of all orientations here. You will notice that next to Orientation in brackets, I have put a name. This is the name of that characters main love interest. This can be deviated from within reason. Also, for the two demons so far, "Deviant",as you can imagine, means they will do anything and everything with a hole or cock-like appendage.(is this pansexual??)

Ramael (me!)
Race: Angel (rebel)
Orientation: Straight (Lamia)
Appearance: Mixed race. Thick, brown messy hair and a deep brown trenchcoat.
I will fill in these details after I've posted initially.

Raguel Taken
Orientation: Homosexual.(Michael)
Appearance: Mid-thirties. Mixed race. Thick, black hair. Strong, proud, Roman features. When his wings are visible, they are jet black feathered. He wears a toga, underneath which is a set of black leather vest, gauntlets and shinguards. He is barefoot. When pushed in battle, or in extreme situations, a laurel wreath spiked with thorns crowns his head, sometimes spiking his flesh and causing him to bleed a little.

Personality: Raguel is the self-proclaimed "leader" of the rebel angels on Earth. He is a dreamer, and sees that humanities light will outshine the brightest star in Heaven. It is rumoured he was once one of the seven archangels...either way, he reserves a particular hatred when fighting angelic opponents. He has had a relationship with Michael that we on earth would call a homosexual relationship, but in Heaven would have been quite different. It's rumoured this got him kicked out of Heaven.

Erelus
Orientation: Straight (Cate)
Appearance: Early 20's. Caucasian. Lean and young looking, Erelus wears a casual black suit and trousers, and Raybans, and wears his hair cut short. Doesn't have wings.

Personality: Youngest of the outcast angels, Erelus spent a lot of time in 50's America, and grew to love the "Apple Pie" vision of the country in its heyday. As the years went by, he eventually met Cate and eventually fell in love with her. The two became tied as the war unfolded, but due to the responsibilities put on both, their relationship is becoming strained.

Cate Mary Allister Taken
Race: Human
Orientation: Straight (Erelus...)
Appearance: Your typical American belle (feel free to colour her however you want within that guide).

Personality: Cate used to be an easy going, happy-go-lucky girl. She had a career in modelling, and was picked up by a men's lifestyle magazine called Sapiens for a two-year contract. She quickly became a "poster girl" appearing in adverts and in sexy calendars. She met Erelus and fell into a pure and incredibly romantic relationship with him.  When the invasion began, it triggered off a bizarre chain of events that led the poster girl to not only writing for Sapiens, but eventually becoming a partner of the media corporation that owned Sapiens. This corporation became the single largest pro-humanity media organisation on the planet, and wanted Cate as their figurehead. It carries a large responsibility of broadcasting hope to humanities forces, and keeping lines of communication open. Now Cate, gone from bubblegum poster girl to media partner, has at least part of the world's weight on her shoulders. Not to mention an angel for a boyfriend, and he's absent half the time...

Lamia Taken
Race: Demon (Succubus)
Orientation: Deviant (Ramael)
Appearance: Every definition of a Demoness you have ever heard. I leave Lamia's description completely within the player's hands, apart from one thing. She has to be hot. Smoking magma hot.

Personality: Serving demon Prince Ba'thekt, Lamia has, over the years, perverted the most stoic monks and seduced the purest of preists. She is a prized succubus, one of the best at what she does, and she knows it. She has been sent to Earth on seperate occasions over the planet's history, and it was one of these encounters she met Ramael. The succubus and the outcasted angel took an immediate disliking to each other, expressed in the only way two age-old enemies could-they fucked each other, literally, nearly to death. After that, despite having many demon lovers and several mortal ones, she always found herself interested in where Ramael was, and "accidentally" visited him many times. She's not in love with him, not by a long shot, but there is a bead of affection there, buried underneath the layers of perversity and bile. She has a freedom in Hell, but is still tied to her demon Prince, who uses her as he sees fit (literally). Since the outbreak of the war between Heaven and Earth, Lamia has been instructed by her Prince to observe the rebel angels closely, a task Lamia quietly jumped at, if only so she could tease Ramael again.

Prince Ba'thekt
Race: Demon (Prince)
Orientation: Deviant (Lamia)
Appearance: Again, I leave this to the player.

Personality: The outbreak of the war between Heaven and Earth has left those in Hell mildly confused. The humans seem to have taken the demon's place and are fighting back against angels...Ba'thekt has determined that there must be something to exploit here, and is determined that he, of all demon Princes (who are in direct and violent competition with each other on a regular basis in Hell) will be the one who gains. Despite his own perversities and wanton sexual rampages amongst his demon and demoness subjects, he gets possessive over Lamia and begrudges sending her to Earth, even though she is one of his most useful subjects.

Michael
Race: Archangel
Orientation: Non-sexual/homosexual (Raguel)

Appearance: Every description of a typical angel you have heard of. Whatever the player makes up for Michael, the one thing to make sure of is that he looks MORE of an angel than the other angels. He is not only an archangel, but Gods Right Hand.

Personality: Declaring war on humanity seemed to be the only choice. Another Noah's flood wouldn't work, because humans have the technology to save themselves from a flood now. Michael is a devout Heaven purist in the purest sense of the word. His past relationship with Raguel was one of beauty, but Michael is trying to strive past that now so he can summon the will to kill his former lover should the time come. He needs to defeat and kill Raguel to validate his entire crusade against Earth. In this sense, Michael may very well be quite the closet case.

Saul Johnson
Race: Human(+)
Orientation: Straight (Cate...)
Appearance: Mixed race. Saul is an incredibly good looking man. His beauty has only been enhanced by the Serum...(majoritively upto the player)

Pesonality: A basic soldier in humanities armies, Saul was always a dreamer and a thinker. Friends of his would often comment on how Saul would get into fights for seemingly offensive thinking out loud, only to talk his would-be opponent round, eventually have drinks with him, and end up becoming best friends. Before Saul enlisted, he spent a lot of time working in charity, and has a long list of ex-girlfriends. Now he has taken the Serum, he is a more advanced soldier and thinker-but also his other emotions and base feelings are enhanced, too. He was given an honourary promotion by Cate Allister herself, a treat for the soldiers on the front line. Saul instantly fell in love with her, and managed to find himself ways of working with her.

A rebel angel (by the name of Meltior) had approached Saul, and offered him a gift. This gift was a combined solution, apparantly made from fruit from the Tree of Knowledge and bark from the Tree of Life, in Eden. Meltior had made a successful venture to the Garden, and managed to salvage these things in order to bring humanity a compound(that Meltior is calling simply the Serum) that would enhance them and put them on equal terms with the angels.

For reasons best known to the rebel angels, they chose Saul to be the first to try it out.
Saul is, for the reasons of this story, either the Antichrist or the Second Coming of Christ, I will leave it to the player to see where they go with it.

Israfil
Race: angel (rebel)
Orientation: Bisexual (Raguel...?)
Appearance: Swathed in robes or swaddles of many layers of silk.  A beautiful, dark skinned head with piercing grey eyes is usually the only thing visible. There is creative license here. Tempted as I am to give you my rendition of what is underneath Israfil's garments, I would rather the player who played her decide.

Personality:
Known for casting of signals to other angels and to humans, Israfil, called the "hornblower" in some religeons, abused these powers and relayed information to mankind that they should not have heard. According to Heaven, that is. Metatron, the voice of god, cast her out. Unofficially, Metatron was always worried that her "voice" was stronger than his, but this is labelled as conspiracy by the legions of Heaven.
Due to this, Israfil's calm reserve is punctured with blotches of fierce anger and steely determination. Although enamoured of Raguel's "vision", she is more realistic about a war with Heaven.
It is rumoured that, before either angel fell, Israfil had a more than simply angelic affection for Raguel. Although torn that she secretly knew about his and Michael's relationship, she still harboured a flame for him many years on. She is worried this affection may be a weakness to her, but doesn't want to rule out her emotions and make her as indifferent and as anal as the angels she left in Heaven.

Original characters
If none of the player slots I've written seem popular, I will swap this for a setting of player-created OC's, with only vague guidelines, categories going thus:-
Angel (rebel)
Human
Demon
Angel

And I may make another category for the Human+ if this OC option proves popular.

There is lots more to come....

Lady Kitsune

I do like the start of your story, and especially Lamia.  She sounds....delightful.
I am working on it, I swear!

Ramael

You can have dibs if you'd like.

Added more stuff. also expanded on my character a bit.

Lady Kitsune

Then I call dibs!  One gorgeous, sexually charged seductress of dark desires coming up!

ManyMindsManyVoices

"How are you portraying the angels? Is the setting fantastic, or simply biblical? Do the angels have jobs, powers? How would you handle fallen angels? What about angelic/demonic/human breeding?"
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Ramael

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 16, 2010, 05:31:27 PM
"How are you portraying the angels? Is the setting fantastic, or simply biblical? Do the angels have jobs, powers? How would you handle fallen angels? What about angelic/demonic/human breeding?"

Hi!

Thanks for the interest and the questions.

Portrayal of the angels is very much upto the player, within the personality/appearance guidelines I have set down above. I would like to mention there is an idealogical difference (obviously) between Heaven's angels (at this point in time only Michael) and the rebel angels.

The setting is, as I mentioned at the top of my post, modern day. As in now, today, the current political and social climate. However, if the players feel that they would like a different setting, a "parallel" modern day, then I am more than happy to let everyone go with that.

The rebel angels have maybe had jobs in the past, but being angels they don't have the same human needs for food and warmth, so money would have meant very little-an amusing novelty. I leave this to the player to decide if they want a rebel angel to have had jobs-Erelus, for example, I always saw as working in either a coffee shop, bar, or garage in America. Raguel, I feel, would have been too noble to get "work". But again, I'm happy to let the player decide.

Powers-aha. I'm glad you asked, I've wanted an excuse to expand on this for a while.

The angels/rebel angels have high physical strength when they need it, can leap large distances, and are incredibly fast runners. Added to this, they have a high stamina and can take a large amount of punishment.

Raguel and Michael are more powerful then their cousins. I leave exactly how powerful to the player, but I always envisaged Michael having barely the edge over Raguel.

Wings-
When he wants, Raguel can make his black feathered wings manifest (as can Michael, the only difference being his are golden/white feathered) and the both of them can fly when these wings are visible. These wings can also be used to block projectiles, like bullets, blasts from explosions, to an extent.
Ordinary angels and the other rebel angels cannot "fly" as such, but can jump very high and leap over large distances.

Individual powers-
I have a lot of ideas for this, but I was going to go with player creativity first. However, seeing as I'm talking about it now, why not expand huh?

Ramael-
I always thought he could slip in and out of people's shadows as a cool individual power, marking him as darker than his angel opponents (for examples see...is it Psylocke from DC comics? And the skeleton good-guy from Skeleton Warriors!)

Raguel-
His black laurel wreath. Kind of like an extra reserve, if Raguel was thoroughly tested in battle, a black wreath would manifest across his crown (I mention it in his appearance above) and heighten his already impressive strength, speed, etc. The downside is that it is causing him long-term damage, and after every battle he uses it, he goes temporarily mad for a short time, declaring himself as an ordinary human being (thought it was a nice touch as we have humans who want to be as powerful as angels, yet their champion, in his innermost desires only wants to be human like the people he adores).

Lamia-
Many options here. I had steered away from the "traditional" succubus powers of "ooh look into my eyes and now you are under my spell ooh" and had thought about something more carnal. Maybe she can see into someone's soul after having sex with them, and usually uses this to her advantage. With Ramael however, she is horrified that after her violent bouts with him, she has a desire to snuggle instead.

(I have actually started a chapter on Lamia visiting Ramael at his European cottage hideout. They end up having sex, and their passions actually tear the cottage apart, the building crumbling down on them as they are in the throes of orgasm. Finishes with Ramael lying on top of Lamia, unconscious, the both of them bleeding and covered with bits of brick, plaster, wood. Lamia has her eyes open, finding herself putting an arm around Ramael's scarred back. She is looking up at the sky and for the first time in her demon existence, cries one fat, oily tear that oozes down the side of her cheek.
But that's just me. The players can take it wherever they want.)

Bha'thekt-
Go crazy. Go dark, sexual crazy and take it wherever you want.

Saul-
Now then. The prototype advanced human soldier (I was thinking of using Niezstche's term for the "superman" to give him/them a name) after taking the serum, he has, for all intents and purposes, the same power as an average angel. His human body is literally compounded with all the best things from humanities' genetic history, giving him strength, speed, immunities to nearly all forms of disease, clear thinking and intelligence....but there are downsides to the Serum.

Now being synthesized from the natural products in order to give to soldiers en masse, the Serum resembles a talcumy, powdery substance (remind anyone of anything?) that can be ingested in many ways. It is highly addictive, and encourages wild mood swings from the user.

Basically, the Serum encourages humans to be more human. Stronger, quicker, louder, more emotional, more intelligent, hungrier, need less sleep, and....hornier. The basic human need to reproduce is enhanced with users of the Serum, making Saul a beautiful, intelligent, fucking machine when he's not on the frontline fighting angels.

Yeah. The users of the Serum interest me a lot, and looking further down the line, I was looking at enough soldiers becoming addicted to the Serum to spark a civil war amongst humanities troops, obviously horrifiying the rebel angels who gave them the materials in the first place.

Kaiten

This seems interesting, I'm thinking over whether or not I should take a character or just see if I can shoot for an OC.

Erelus and Bha'thekt seem interesting to me but I can't decide whether to go ahead with that or not.

I do wanna ask about a question that was asked but I don't think it was answered.

How does breeding work here? Are Angels/Demon/Humans compatible for children? Cause  a good idea for an OC springs from that.

Samael

An Angel rp... oh, why must thou tempt me so?
Why?!

I don't even know if I have time for another one...

I am intrigued. I really want to play a self-righteous (Fallen?) Angel, or one who is cynical and selfish.

I must think about it!

Oh, btw, the Orientations/Relationships, are they set in stone?
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Major Major

This could be interesting, yes.

Ramael

Quote from: Kaiten on February 17, 2010, 01:00:37 PM
This seems interesting, I'm thinking over whether or not I should take a character or just see if I can shoot for an OC.

Erelus and Bha'thekt seem interesting to me but I can't decide whether to go ahead with that or not.

I do wanna ask about a question that was asked but I don't think it was answered.

How does breeding work here? Are Angels/Demon/Humans compatible for children? Cause  a good idea for an OC springs from that.

Sorry! You're absolutely right, it was asked and I didn't answer it, my apologies to the original poster, I did go off on a bit of a rant.

Breeding is something I hadn't thought about, being as I had originally planned that the plot would be resolved in these main protagonist's lifespans.

However, denying players that would corrupt the whole point of me bringing this here, so I put it to those who want to get involved-

What do you think?

My OWN personal thoughts went along the lines of angels and humans and demons not being able to conceive between them, which may be one of the reaons for the heavily put-upon Cate to eventually leave Erelus for Saul.

I hadn't thought about any other combinations. I know half-breeds make a very interesting potential character, but the main purpose of my setting is to test the human character, are we better than Heaven, what makes a human, does divine intervention help or hinder human progress, etc. Angel/demon half-breeds might water down these ideas.

Again though, that's just me. You can run with it if you'd like to set something interesting up.

One thing, though, I would like no one to create a half-breed OC to begin playing with straight away. In terms of morality checking (what I think the purpose of the Apocryphal is), humans are the grey between the traditionalist angel/demon black and white morality. I had always envisioned the human race to come out on top at the ultimate end, having half-breeds working for them (whilst I'm sure making things more interesting) would confuse things, I feel.

Having said that, I'm not opposed to people creating stories about offspring sprung from these characters, or angel/demon/human lovematches to happen in the future. Just so long as no one "is" one to begin with.

Was that too confusing an answer?!

Major Major

Is there a character template for us to work from?

Ramael

Quote from: Samael on February 17, 2010, 02:18:26 PM
An Angel rp... oh, why must thou tempt me so?
Why?!

I don't even know if I have time for another one...

I am intrigued. I really want to play a self-righteous (Fallen?) Angel, or one who is cynical and selfish.

I must think about it!

Oh, btw, the Orientations/Relationships, are they set in stone?

No, they are not, for the purposes of this RP/excersise. If you can dream up another pairing, or have a different spin, go ahead and put it out there.

Ramael

Quote from: Major Major on February 17, 2010, 04:00:14 PM
Is there a character template for us to work from?

Oops, sorry to double post.

Do you mean in terms of creating an original character?

You can use the basic templates I've written for the mains, or this one I have bashed out.

Race: (rebel angel, angel, demon, human, human+)
Appearance:
Personality: (angels, whilst the "bad guys" of my piece, are still angels. They may have beautiful reasons for going along with Michael's plan. Maybe you think humanity has had it's time? Demons are still demons...they may do apparantly nice things, but it will usually be for the cause of themselves)
Powers: (You can stick something reasonable sounding here if you dream up any other powers beside the ones I have listed for angels/rebel angels. Humans are just human, and the human+ are restricted to the abilities I have listed for Saul,and expanded upon two posts ago).

Major Major

Fair enough. I do have a rather strange one in mind, I shouldd mention, so should I run it by you first?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"You sound very open to ideas, so I am absolutely in... Of course, I'll run any ideas by you, but I am definitely interested. I will take some time to think and maybe wait to see who else might be interested."

Ramael

Quote from: Major Major on February 17, 2010, 04:52:51 PM
Fair enough. I do have a rather strange one in mind, I shouldd mention, so should I run it by you first?

Sure, go for it  :-)

Failing any ladies creating any OC's, I might add in another main female character I had I've had in mind for a while.

Watari

Cate Mary Allister seems like she's be fun to try out. I've never done the "American Belle" before, but I feel like there a lot more subtlety to her character that I can possibly work with. Can I call dibs on her? ^^

Major Major

Name: Iruel / Hailey Coutts
Race: rebel angel/human
Appearance: Spikey black hair, solid-coloured eyes. Quite average in appearence, but understatedly pretty. Generally wears casual attire and sunglasses.
Personality: A tech geek through and through. Get's a thrill from hacking into computer systems.
Powers: ((Not sure about this part, though most likely should be fairly weak.))

Background: It is perhaps an amusing irony that Hideki Anno, the depressive creator of the infamous Neon Genesis Evangelion anime, was actually 100% right in his depiction of some of the "Angels"; in particular, Iruel, the Angel of Terror.

On Earth, Iruel is more of a cluster of microscopic entities in a group-mind than a discreet entity in her own right. Most of the time since she fled Heaven (about 20-ish years ago), she's been hiding in computers. But now that the balloon's gone up, she's had to get involved. Scouting around the A&E ward of a hospital one day, she discovered Hailey Coutts, a young woman who had been involved in a car crash, and was dying. Iruel took pity on her, and gave her an offer neither could refuse.

Now, Hailey is the Host body for Iruel, and her mind is now joined with that of the Angel of Terror...

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Are you particular about the name Meltior for the angel that came to Saul? If not, I think I might like to develop that character, if you don't mind."

Ramael

Quote from: Major Major on February 18, 2010, 04:00:56 PM
Appearance: Spikey black hair, solid-coloured eyes. Quite average in appearence, but understatedly pretty. Generally wears casual attire and sunglasses.
Personality: A tech geek through and through. Get's a thrill from hacking into computer systems.

Background: It is perhaps an amusing irony that Hideki Anno, the depressive creator of the infamous Neon Genesis Evangelion anime, was actually 100% right in his depiction of some of the "Angels"; in particular, Iruel, the Angel of Terror.

On Earth, Iruel is more of a cluster of microscopic entities in a group-mind than a discreet entity in her own right. Most of the time since she fled Heaven (about 20-ish years ago), she's been hiding in computers. But now that the balloon's gone up, she's had to get involved. Scouting around the A&E ward of a hospital one day, she discovered Hailey Coutts, a young woman who had been involved in a car crash, and was dying. Iruel took pity on her, and gave her an offer neither could refuse.

Now, Hailey is the Host body for Iruel, and her mind is now joined with that of the Angel of Terror...

Oh!

When you were asking about hybrids I was thinking too traditionally!

Fair play. That's a cool idea. I fully endorse it.
How does your angel fit in with the war, the overall scheme of things? Another thing-people rarely leave Heaven, given the chance, it is Heaven, after all. What made Iruel "flee" it?

Major Major

As far as I see her, Iruel isn't a frontline fighter. She's more the type hanging in the background, hacking into security systems and maybe being a "Mission Control" type of entity.

I've note really had much luck thinking of the why she left Heaven, if I'm honest. Possibly she's a gentle entity, and Mikey's plans horrified her, particularly the part that "The Angel of Terror" would play in destroying humanity, or something.

Ramael

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 18, 2010, 04:11:01 PM
"Are you particular about the name Meltior for the angel that came to Saul? If not, I think I might like to develop that character, if you don't mind."

Interesting.

I did have a rather large plan for Meltior, would you mind if I laid down some of what I had so you can either take all of it, only some of it, or none of it at all?

Meltior was, as you know, supposed to be the angel who made the trip to the garden of Eden (this is probably in another dimension and hard to get to) and brought back fruit from the tree of knowledge and bark from the tree of life for human consumption.
He was an angel who became fascinated with humanities capability for healing, not only physically. He saw humans suffer mental and physical traumas, only to turn these into anecdotes, books or plays, and otherwise similarly recover from them. He sees humanity as purifier, absorbing loads of pain and having the ability to turn it into something better. As such, he is primarily a "healer" type, and having a great knowledge of the human body, has the knowledge to make a human-compatible formula from divine gifts (the "Serum").

Note in this way he takes Lucifer's/Prometheus' role as the apple giver/fire bringer. Not looked upon kindly by the powers that be. At all.

His trip to Eden, I thought, was Meltior's spotlight scene. This journey alone could be a venture into a surreal, alice in wonderland-esque wonderland/nightmare, perverted since God kicked out its caretakers-Adam and Eve(yeah bet that came round to bite him in his omniprescent ass).

But that wouldn't make very good RP for just one person to do and for no one else to be able to participate in, so.

That's pretty much all I had for Meltior, other than I had him as more quiet than the other rebels, incredibly good looking (mostly in his bright blue eyes and unidentifiable racial origins).

So you can either take all of that, the bits of it that suit you, or none at all.

Upto you  ;D

Ramael

Quote from: Watari on February 18, 2010, 12:06:04 PM
Cate Mary Allister seems like she's be fun to try out. I've never done the "American Belle" before, but I feel like there a lot more subtlety to her character that I can possibly work with. Can I call dibs on her? ^^

Unfortunately, Cate has been dibbed via PM a couple of days ago! Sorry. Feel free to write up an OC, or take the main character I am about to put up (see original post soon).

Lady Kitsune

I was wondering if you needed anything on Lamia from me, right now.  I'm still working out her powers.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Ramael on February 18, 2010, 06:36:00 PM
Interesting.

I did have a rather large plan for Meltior, would you mind if I laid down some of what I had so you can either take all of it, only some of it, or none of it at all?

Meltior was, as you know, supposed to be the angel who made the trip to the garden of Eden (this is probably in another dimension and hard to get to) and brought back fruit from the tree of knowledge and bark from the tree of life for human consumption.
He was an angel who became fascinated with humanities capability for healing, not only physically. He saw humans suffer mental and physical traumas, only to turn these into anecdotes, books or plays, and otherwise similarly recover from them. He sees humanity as purifier, absorbing loads of pain and having the ability to turn it into something better. As such, he is primarily a "healer" type, and having a great knowledge of the human body, has the knowledge to make a human-compatible formula from divine gifts (the "Serum").

Note in this way he takes Lucifer's/Prometheus' role as the apple giver/fire bringer. Not looked upon kindly by the powers that be. At all.

His trip to Eden, I thought, was Meltior's spotlight scene. This journey alone could be a venture into a surreal, alice in wonderland-esque wonderland/nightmare, perverted since God kicked out its caretakers-Adam and Eve(yeah bet that came round to bite him in his omniprescent ass).

But that wouldn't make very good RP for just one person to do and for no one else to be able to participate in, so.

That's pretty much all I had for Meltior, other than I had him as more quiet than the other rebels, incredibly good looking (mostly in his bright blue eyes and unidentifiable racial origins).

So you can either take all of that, the bits of it that suit you, or none at all.

Upto you  ;D

"Here's my thoughts, tell me if any don't mesh... Meltior (who I would name Sariel, if you don't mind) is a healr, and an angel of death. He is capable of travelling all realms safely, because of his duty to take spirits, though he rarely is called to do the job. He is technically a fallen angel, working for both sides of the field, taking souls in the name of both God and Lucifer."

"He has recently begun to have machinations of his own, and using his knowledge of magic and alchemy from both sides of the field ('Sariel' is not particularly powerful, but is sometimes seen that way because of his wide variety of knowledge and freedoms), he created the 'Serum'. Sariel is a neutral party, serving no means but his own, technically, so no one can be sure what his plans really are..."

"If this sounds good, I'll write up a final profile for him."

Quote from: Major Major on February 18, 2010, 06:20:09 PM
As far as I see her, Iruel isn't a frontline fighter. She's more the type hanging in the background, hacking into security systems and maybe being a "Mission Control" type of entity.

I've note really had much luck thinking of the why she left Heaven, if I'm honest. Possibly she's a gentle entity, and Mikey's plans horrified her, particularly the part that "The Angel of Terror" would play in destroying humanity, or something.

"If I may add my two cents, maybe Iruel is recent, due to her technological abilities. Maybe she's never been to Heaven, resigned to her home amongst computers, and as such, has become attached to humans."

PaleEnchantress

If he isn't taken I would LOVE to play a modified version of Raguel. Instead of dankness themed I would prefer to be illusion/deception themed. More along the lines of "evil harlequin" or "sadistic thespian". Maybe have a mask symbol instead of a crown. I love the story of the character, just want to change the theme and appearance a bit. I love what you have already set up for him with relations, background, and personality.

The relationship between Michael and he must be very interesting. Being someone that enjoys BDSM I can see some great potential for such things in their relationship. Raguel dreams of an earthly empire where he and his beloved rule as god-kings. A rather blasphemous show of his own pride. Michael loves in a way that is more pure and selfless. While I would have to get with his player on things I could see Michael being fully willing to sacrifice his immortality and very existence to his lover, but being adamant that he will never betray the creator.

There was an interesting RP setting made for a game called In Nomine. I never played it but it came off a lot like a world of darkness thing for angels and fallen angels. I doubt the game was great but the angels and fallen themselves were interesting. One of the "clans" were the Balseraphs.  * Balseraphs (Balseraph) - "The Liars." Whereas Seraphim seek Truth, the Balseraphs create their own "truths," and draw others into them.

A picture is worth 1000 words. This one says quite a bit.

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Major Major

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 18, 2010, 11:19:50 PM
"If I may add my two cents, maybe Iruel is recent, due to her technological abilities. Maybe she's never been to Heaven, resigned to her home amongst computers, and as such, has become attached to humans."

I like that. I like it a lot. Give me a bit, and I'll produce an updated version of Iruel's file.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Major Major on February 19, 2010, 12:39:13 AM
I like that. I like it a lot. Give me a bit, and I'll produce an updated version of Iruel's file.

"Yay! I'm participating."

Major Major

Personality: A tech geek through and through. Get's a thrill from hacking into computer systems. She does like humanity, and sometimes likes to play RTS games online, under the gamertag of "Princess_Fear_01".

On Earth, Iruel is more of a cluster of microscopic entities in a group-mind than a discreet entity in her own right. Born on the turn of the Millenium, from belief in the Y2K "Millenium" Bug, she has never been to Heaven, content to live in computers. Scouting around the A&E ward of a hospital one day, she discovered Hailey Coutts, a young woman who had been involved in a car crash, and was dying. Iruel took pity on her, and gave her an offer neither could refuse. Now, Hailey is the Host body for Iruel, and her mind is now joined with that of the Angel of Terror.

Unfortunately, No Good Deed Goes Unpunished; quite literally in this case, as Michael became aware of her actions, and declared her a Heretic to be purged.

Interesting Fact: When Iruel speaks, she sounds like upwards of 40 female voices speaking in a choral harmony.

Lady Kitsune

Let's see if I come close to what you'd like, Ramael.

Lamia is Hell's greatest Sin and most beautiful treasure.  She is the Dark Seductress and none can turn away from her erotic charms.  There is a passage in the Necronomicon that Lamia lured Adam in the Garden of Eden.  It was the partaking of her precious fruit that angered God and banished humanity from Paradise. 
Though favorite of her Prince, He humiliates her by calling her Hell's Seraph.  She'd rather be called whore.
Lamia's most powerful  gift is Temptation.  By the very sound of her honey toned voice, she can caress the flesh and inflame the desires of any male.  Resistance is futile and can be quite painful, once you hear her Voice, the desire builds until she quenches it.
She also has the ability to Shift.  There is no female form she cannot take on.  She is for all purposes, that woman.  Taste, touch, smell. There is only one tell, and that is the eyeshine when she looks a certain way.  Lamia, as a succubus, can drain the lifeforce from a man with her sex and can pull out the soul to do with as she pleases. 
Beware her fiery anger, lest she cast a wave of Balefire in your direction.  Balefire burns black and hotter than any flame.  Stand within it's darklight and lose your soul to ash.

Ramael

First of all, let me thank everyone who has expressed an interest and continues to do so!
I didn't think my story would generate so much interest.

Also, I am replying to these in seperate posts-I spent about an hour gathering them all together in one post just now and clicked away by accident. Yeah. Ouch.

I have put a new rebel angel main character up in my original post!

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 18, 2010, 11:19:50 PM
"Here's my thoughts, tell me if any don't mesh... Meltior (who I would name Sariel, if you don't mind) is a healr, and an angel of death. He is capable of travelling all realms safely, because of his duty to take spirits, though he rarely is called to do the job. He is technically a fallen angel, working for both sides of the field, taking souls in the name of both God and Lucifer."

"He has recently begun to have machinations of his own, and using his knowledge of magic and alchemy from both sides of the field ('Sariel' is not particularly powerful, but is sometimes seen that way because of his wide variety of knowledge and freedoms), he created the 'Serum'. Sariel is a neutral party, serving no means but his own, technically, so no one can be sure what his plans really are..."

"If this sounds good, I'll write up a final profile for him."

I don't mind you renaming him Sariel.

Technically, the humans, human+ and demons are all "neutral parties" here (although I would be hesitant to call any of them lawful goods or chaotic evils and so forth-every character has good and bad, strong and weak). I don't know what we'd gain by just having a mysterious stranger with no apparant purpose? What are Sariel's motivations, why does he do what he does?

Also, raiding the garden of Eden in order to make the Serum in the first place would make him a rebel angel, if he wasn't already. That's Class A theft from God! lol.

Ramael

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on February 18, 2010, 11:45:38 PM
If he isn't taken I would LOVE to play a modified version of Raguel. Instead of dankness themed I would prefer to be illusion/deception themed. More along the lines of "evil harlequin" or "sadistic thespian". Maybe have a mask symbol instead of a crown. I love the story of the character, just want to change the theme and appearance a bit. I love what you have already set up for him with relations, background, and personality.

The relationship between Michael and he must be very interesting. Being someone that enjoys BDSM I can see some great potential for such things in their relationship. Raguel dreams of an earthly empire where he and his beloved rule as god-kings. A rather blasphemous show of his own pride. Michael loves in a way that is more pure and selfless. While I would have to get with his player on things I could see Michael being fully willing to sacrifice his immortality and very existence to his lover, but being adamant that he will never betray the creator.

Love what you're doing here, Pale. Sounds great.

(I havent played In Nomine but sounds like I should for reasearch!?)

The mask idea is great, too, I was thinking about using it for one of my mains.

I am intrigued with what you're proposing for Michael and Raguel's relationship, and I just have two little things I would like to say about it, though I don't think they contradict with what you're saying too much.

Michael is a little more proud and a lot more self-righteous. His Heavenly Crusade is the most righteous thing since he cast Lucifer from Heaven.

Raguel is in love with mankind as well as Michael. He is the ringleader of the rebel angels, after all. Without him, arguably there would be no angelic resistance against the legions of Heaven. He has to really believe in mankind. He's definately a great public speaker, able to bend the hearts and minds of not only human beings, but his fellow rebel angels as well.

Other than these two little things, I heartily encourage all you've said. The Harlequin idea is great. Maybe he saw these figures, when he was in Europe during the Renaissance(the angels can be as old as you'd like), and they spoke volumes to him about the beauty of the human condition?
Maybe he sees the Harlequin as the archetype that sums up everything that is human? Maybe he sees it as a powerful expression of the thing that mankind calls its subconscious?

Ramael

Quote from: Major Major on February 19, 2010, 02:48:30 AM

Unfortunately, No Good Deed Goes Unpunished; quite literally in this case, as Michael became aware of her actions, and declared her a Heretic to be purged.

Interesting Fact: When Iruel speaks, she sounds like upwards of 40 female voices speaking in a choral harmony.

Great stuff. I like the 40 voices touch. Very scary in an angelic-sort of way.

Iruel is becoming an interesting one-a network nymph? a digital demon? an internet imp?
While the rebel angels are outnumbered,(have you seen the figure for the amount of angels left in Heaven after Lucifer's fall?!) they could have the advantage of having this technological spirit.

An angel watching over the angels, indeed.

Heavenly forces fighting a war against a rebel guerilla force of humans and their angel allies, who seem to have all technology at their fingertips in an instant (breaking bank codes to help fund the war effort, hacking into NATO security codes to remotely operate ground-to-air missiles, etc)

Ramael

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on February 19, 2010, 03:54:39 AM

Let's see if I come close to what you'd like, Ramael.

Lamia is Hell's greatest Sin and most beautiful treasure.  She is the Dark Seductress and none can turn away from her erotic charms.  There is a passage in the Necronomicon that Lamia lured Adam in the Garden of Eden.  It was the partaking of her precious fruit that angered God and banished humanity from Paradise. 
Though favorite of her Prince, He humiliates her by calling her Hell's Seraph.  She'd rather be called whore.
Lamia's most powerful  gift is Temptation.  By the very sound of her honey toned voice, she can caress the flesh and inflame the desires of any male.  Resistance is futile and can be quite painful, once you hear her Voice, the desire builds until she quenches it.
She also has the ability to Shift.  There is no female form she cannot take on.  She is for all purposes, that woman.  Taste, touch, smell. There is only one tell, and that is the eyeshine when she looks a certain way.  Lamia, as a succubus, can drain the lifeforce from a man with her sex and can pull out the soul to do with as she pleases. 
Beware her fiery anger, lest she cast a wave of Balefire in your direction.  Balefire burns black and hotter than any flame.  Stand within it's darklight and lose your soul to ash.

This your power propositions for Lamia?

Hot!  >:)

Can I come in with my spanner, so to speak? I'm not going to do much.

Can I change Shift to Alter? If she could take on any female form she could end up impersonating our other female characters, and that would be a bit too powerful. If she could Alter her image instead, obviously able to look human when she wants, or adapt her body to resemble other people, but still having trademark appearances that mark her as unique(the wings of hers she can make appear at will, when it suits her).

The sex-draining, good, the Balefire (although may just turn its power down from 10 to 7, otherwise again she'd be too powerful if she ever fought someone!) is good.

Temptation? I don't think she'd need any special powers here. Lamia is simply every man's desire anyway, she exudes the potential to be anything that any man wants...and this is the killer.

Most men don't need to be put under any spell to be tempted as it is, and I doubt Lamia is subtle about her inclinations...!

I like your touch about the Seraph. Made me smile.

PaleEnchantress

"How can you respect a father who has forgotten how to love his own children? Man's nonconformity is a testament to the perfection behind them. Upon this earth there man has created a beauty beyond that of heaven and chaos unseen even in hell. If the heavenly father cannot appreciate the miracle of human kind then perhaps it is they who do not need him. . ."   - Akrasiel, The Voice of Rapture

*Akrasiel is another name for then Angel known as Raguel. I liked the way it sounded better so I'm using that one as the one he is usually called.

Personality: Persuasive, Fair, Deceptive, Diplomatic, Resolute, Idealistic, Passionate, Proud. Hard to anger but very vengeful when roused.

Apperance: Younger and more fair in complexion then Ramael described. Akrasiel is tall and slender with broad shoulders, defined muscles and long legs. He lacks any sort of body hair but has thick long mane of black hair on his head. His facial features are strong and subtly masculine. His dark brows and lashes contrast handsomely with his pale face giving him a very expressionist appearance. He favors wearing the lose fitting roman togas or the light silken robes of Byzantium. He often goes barefoot or don's sandals and shinguard with the rest of his armor. He carries himself with a reserved noble heir, and never seems as if he is in a hurry. For Akrasiel respect is not something to be demanded based on station alone but something to be both given and received gracefully.

Powers: Few can boast the persuasive power of Akrasiel. His raw charisma is such that it may seem supernatural but it really the result of innate talent honed over the millennia. When it comes to metaphysical power Akrasiel is a master of illusions. A doorway can be hidden by making it appear as a solid wall, a window can be put anywhere by turning a portion of an object invisible. Illusions of fire work well to draw attention and distinct noises or voices can be easily fabricated. His powers allow him to manipulate dreams as well. Akrasiel's most potent use of illusion is through the creation of a quasi real copy of himself. Since his double does not function on it's own he will usually yutn himself invisible and hide while he acts through his proxy.
In emergencies he can call on the destructive power of his black laurel wreath and harlequin mask. The act carries with the symbolism of martyrdom associated with the crown of thorns. For a time he can call cascades of ice upon others. Concentrated it makes for a very dangerous offensive power, though he can instead rain down a storm of ice and sleet across the land. When the power of his crows fades Akrasiel goes temporarily mad. He believes himself to be human and eschews personal responsibility for the pleasures of hedonistic revelry. He dances around madly convincing those he can to join him in pursuit of wine, song and carnal pleasures.

Ramael

Cool. I chose Raguel over Akrasiel simply because it was the lesser known name, but if you want that one, thats cool.

Just announcing a brief leave-have a visitor for the next few days so won't be posting as regular. Keep up the ideas though...and feel free to talk amongst yourselves! :D

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Ramael on February 19, 2010, 05:29:25 AM
I don't mind you renaming him Sariel.

Technically, the humans, human+ and demons are all "neutral parties" here (although I would be hesitant to call any of them lawful goods or chaotic evils and so forth-every character has good and bad, strong and weak). I don't know what we'd gain by just having a mysterious stranger with no apparant purpose? What are Sariel's motivations, why does he do what he does?

Also, raiding the garden of Eden in order to make the Serum in the first place would make him a rebel angel, if he wasn't already. That's Class A theft from God! lol.

"I'd rather keep Sariel's motivations as a private thing (we can discuss it in PM, but he' supposed to be a mystery to the other angels). I want Sariel to be kind of a rebel in all ways, not an ally of any particular group. So yes, technically he is a rebel angel, but he is no one's ally. He is a neutral party, in that he serves a cause that is not God, Lucifer, or Raguel's (using the idea that Raguel is the 'leader' of the rebel angels)."

Sariel The Grey Angel
Race: Rebel Angel (Has only recently become a true 'rebel', but has worked for Lucifer and God interchangeably as an Angel of Death)

Appearance: Sariel is a strange angel, not beautiful and glowing. Sariel is a dark-haired, dark-eyed, pale-skinned figure, with grey wings. He is by no means ugly, but his dark demeanor sets him apart from other angels. Sariel is able to appear as a ghostly figure, or a dead spirit, to encourage the dead to trust him.
Personality: Sariel's personality is a mystery, as he has no qualms with serving both God and Lucifer. However, his job has always been a neutral one, guiding spirits of the dead to Heaven and Hell. Sariel has recently rebelled against God by creating the Serum with alchemical knowledge.

Powers: Sariel's greatest power lies in his ability to travel to Heaven, Hell, Eden, Purgatory, or Earth safely because of his job guiding the dead. Sariel is a neutral party between Azrael ('good' Angel of Death) and Samael ('evil' Angel of Death), functioning to take particular souls at the time of their death (it is said Sariel was sent to take Moses). He also has powerful healing abilities, possibly even having been the one to raise Jesus, though his powers do not work on angels.
Sariel also holds a great deal of knowledge, mostly because he is rarely called on and is free to traverse all realms. He has learned alchemy, and knows how to perform rituals to summon angels and demons and can even force and coerce lesser ones to be subservient. He has the ability to the take on a ghostly form, and look like a spirit of anyone that has died (one of the most important reasons he must be neutral, as he must be able to connect to all the realms of the dead to use this ability) to help the newly dead accept and trust him. It is possible Sariel came to Saul in the form of someone that Saul trusted to give him the Serum.

Lady Kitsune

Quote from: Ramael on February 19, 2010, 05:51:47 AM
This your power propositions for Lamia?

Hot!  >:)

Can I come in with my spanner, so to speak? I'm not going to do much.

Can I change Shift to Alter? If she could take on any female form she could end up impersonating our other female characters, and that would be a bit too powerful. If she could Alter her image instead, obviously able to look human when she wants, or adapt her body to resemble other people, but still having trademark appearances that mark her as unique(the wings of hers she can make appear at will, when it suits her).

The sex-draining, good, the Balefire (although may just turn its power down from 10 to 7, otherwise again she'd be too powerful if she ever fought someone!) is good.

Temptation? I don't think she'd need any special powers here. Lamia is simply every man's desire anyway, she exudes the potential to be anything that any man wants...and this is the killer.

Most men don't need to be put under any spell to be tempted as it is, and I doubt Lamia is subtle about her inclinations...!

I like your touch about the Seraph. Made me smile.

Ah, you're right.  Needs more subtlety.

No Shifting, but as far as Alter, maybe when a man sees her in the crowd, his mind provides the illusion (whoever he desires most in his life) making him think it's a woman he knows and that makes him follow her or make for trouble, if that woman wasn't suppose to be there.

I'll just drop the Balefire, make her magics more on the defensive or something.  Lamia can be an upstart, poking her tail where it doesn't belong.

Ramael

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 19, 2010, 01:49:49 PM
"I'd rather keep Sariel's motivations as a private thing (we can discuss it in PM, but he' supposed to be a mystery to the other angels). I want Sariel to be kind of a rebel in all ways, not an ally of any particular group. So yes, technically he is a rebel angel, but he is no one's ally. He is a neutral party, in that he serves a cause that is not God, Lucifer, or Raguel's (using the idea that Raguel is the 'leader' of the rebel angels)."

Sariel The Grey Angel
Race: Rebel Angel (Has only recently become a true 'rebel', but has worked for Lucifer and God interchangeably as an Angel of Death)

Appearance: Sariel is a strange angel, not beautiful and glowing. Sariel is a dark-haired, dark-eyed, pale-skinned figure, with grey wings. He is by no means ugly, but his dark demeanor sets him apart from other angels. Sariel is able to appear as a ghostly figure, or a dead spirit, to encourage the dead to trust him.
Personality: Sariel's personality is a mystery, as he has no qualms with serving both God and Lucifer. However, his job has always been a neutral one, guiding spirits of the dead to Heaven and Hell. Sariel has recently rebelled against God by creating the Serum with alchemical knowledge.

Powers: Sariel's greatest power lies in his ability to travel to Heaven, Hell, Eden, Purgatory, or Earth safely because of his job guiding the dead. Sariel is a neutral party between Azrael ('good' Angel of Death) and Samael ('evil' Angel of Death), functioning to take particular souls at the time of their death (it is said Sariel was sent to take Moses). He also has powerful healing abilities, possibly even having been the one to raise Jesus, though his powers do not work on angels.
Sariel also holds a great deal of knowledge, mostly because he is rarely called on and is free to traverse all realms. He has learned alchemy, and knows how to perform rituals to summon angels and demons and can even force and coerce lesser ones to be subservient. He has the ability to the take on a ghostly form, and look like a spirit of anyone that has died (one of the most important reasons he must be neutral, as he must be able to connect to all the realms of the dead to use this ability) to help the newly dead accept and trust him. It is possible Sariel came to Saul in the form of someone that Saul trusted to give him the Serum.

OK you said you were running it by me first so I don't mind putting my foot down a little bit.

You can put your motivations in your character profile. Saying in that profile "Sariels reasons are unclear to everyone else" would mean no one would know IC.

It's slightly unfair for everyone else's driving emotional forces to be displayed but yours aren't.

Also, his appearance is basically Raguel with grey wings?

If he has no qualms with serving Lucifer, how did he come to this universe-changing perspective? I'm assuming he was an angel of Heaven before he became his own master? So what made him change his mind and decide the blasphemous arch-enemy of all time was actually alright, and a possible employer?

You keep talking about alchemy (without any real description on how he attained this ability, or any interactions with humans during the time in Europe that alchemy was first coming to the fore). Are you saying that this is how he creates the Serum, and not using ingredients from the Garden of Eden? Because this is quite important-it's a literal metaphor for human beings becoming more than themselves through using select pieces of Heaven and not accepting the whole. Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear on what things I needed in cement to keep this setting "mine" and not just some random angel themed battle-this is one of them.

If he serves both God and Lucifer, and then rebels against God like you say...doesn't he just work for Lucifer now, then?!

I appreciate you're trying to make a "stand alone" character, who is a master unto himself and abides not necessarily by other's rules, but my setting already has five factions that cover pretty much every base. If your character doesn't fit in with either of these five, he's likely going to water the story down?

I'm being a bit harsh now, but I'm worried this "angel with no master, no rules, and apparantly no compassion to the human race" is independent of the storyline and will detract from the narrative.

Ramael

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on February 19, 2010, 09:07:18 AM
"How can you respect a father who has forgotten how to love his own children? Man's nonconformity is a testament to the perfection behind them. Upon this earth there man has created a beauty beyond that of heaven and chaos unseen even in hell. If the heavenly father cannot appreciate the miracle of human kind then perhaps it is they who do not need him. . ."   - Akrasiel, The Voice of Rapture

*Akrasiel is another name for then Angel known as Raguel. I liked the way it sounded better so I'm using that one as the one he is usually called.

Personality: Persuasive, Fair, Deceptive, Diplomatic, Resolute, Idealistic, Passionate, Proud. Hard to anger but very vengeful when roused.

Apperance: Younger and more fair in complexion then Ramael described. Akrasiel is tall and slender with broad shoulders, defined muscles and long legs. He lacks any sort of body hair but has thick long mane of black hair on his head. His facial features are strong and subtly masculine. His dark brows and lashes contrast handsomely with his pale face giving him a very expressionist appearance. He favors wearing the lose fitting roman togas or the light silken robes of Byzantium. He often goes barefoot or don's sandals and shinguard with the rest of his armor. He carries himself with a reserved noble heir, and never seems as if he is in a hurry. For Akrasiel respect is not something to be demanded based on station alone but something to be both given and received gracefully.

Powers: Few can boast the persuasive power of Akrasiel. His raw charisma is such that it may seem supernatural but it really the result of innate talent honed over the millennia. When it comes to metaphysical power Akrasiel is a master of illusions. A doorway can be hidden by making it appear as a solid wall, a window can be put anywhere by turning a portion of an object invisible. Illusions of fire work well to draw attention and distinct noises or voices can be easily fabricated. His powers allow him to manipulate dreams as well. Akrasiel's most potent use of illusion is through the creation of a quasi real copy of himself. Since his double does not function on it's own he will usually yutn himself invisible and hide while he acts through his proxy.
In emergencies he can call on the destructive power of his black laurel wreath and harlequin mask. The act carries with the symbolism of martyrdom associated with the crown of thorns. For a time he can call cascades of ice upon others. Concentrated it makes for a very dangerous offensive power, though he can instead rain down a storm of ice and sleet across the land. When the power of his crows fades Akrasiel goes temporarily mad. He believes himself to be human and eschews personal responsibility for the pleasures of hedonistic revelry. He dances around madly convincing those he can to join him in pursuit of wine, song and carnal pleasures.

Is that quote one you've written yourself? If so, it's very good.

I like how he sounds, and reminds me pleasantly of a slightly more practical Dionysus?!

I want to bombard you with a load more questions, but I should probably just post an RP thread up and let it speak for itself-I will do that soon, maybe in a few days when RL things have calmed down.

Ramael

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on February 19, 2010, 04:08:57 PM
Ah, you're right.  Needs more subtlety.

No Shifting, but as far as Alter, maybe when a man sees her in the crowd, his mind provides the illusion (whoever he desires most in his life) making him think it's a woman he knows and that makes him follow her or make for trouble, if that woman wasn't suppose to be there.

I'll just drop the Balefire, make her magics more on the defensive or something.  Lamia can be an upstart, poking her tail where it doesn't belong.

Great stuff. You needn't drop the Balefire altogether (it could be something that is unique to Lamia and Ba'thekt's clan? I hadn't thought of demon clans, but...a bloodline trait, maybe? [lol ameterasu])

So.

We have-

Rebel angels-
Akrasiel: Paleenchantress
Iruel: Major Major

Demons-
Lamia: Lady Kitsune

Humans-
Cate Mary Allister: Beguile's Mistress

Angels of Heaven-

Human+-

Anybody else who has posted or is lurking, feel free to submit your OC or your spins on my mains (original post), I will be looking to get the RP thread up in a few days. It would be nice if we could get a small group for at least three factions (two members each, for instance the rebels already have two) so we can establish rapport within each group. Also a good place to begin RPs with, as opposed to all the characters "accidentally meeting" so to speak.

If it comes to it, I will DM or post as NPCs to get things going and create links.

Beguile's Mistress

Cate Mary Allister (Beguile's Mistress)
Race: Human
Orientation: Straight (Erelus...)

Appearance:  Tall, standing 5’7”; light auburn hair worn shoulder-length, thick and wavy; dark blue eyes that can become cold and hard when she’s angry; a pale complexion that glows with an inner warmth but is susceptible to blushing when she’s excited, emotional or aroused; her limbs are long and slender, her body athletic and curved; after retiring from modeling she allowed a certain amount of weight to accumulate, softening the angles and filling out the natural curves dieting had eradicated; hands and feet are slender and elegant.  All in all, she presents an appearance of patrician elegance that belies the steely strength that lies beneath.

QuotePersonality: Cate used to be an easy going, happy-go-lucky girl. She had a career in modelling, and was picked up by a men's lifestyle magazine called Sapiens for a two-year contract. She quickly became a "poster girl" appearing in adverts and in sexy calendars. She met Erelus and fell into a pure and incredibly romantic relationship with him.  When the invasion began, it triggered off a bizarre chain of events that led the poster girl to not only writing for Sapiens, but eventually becoming a partner of the media corporation that owned Sapiens. This corporation became the single largest pro-humanity media organisation on the planet, and wanted Cate as their figurehead. It carries a large responsibility of broadcasting hope to humanities forces, and keeping lines of communication open. Now Cate, gone from bubblegum poster girl to media partner, has at least part of the world's weight on her shoulders. Not to mention an angel for a boyfriend, and he's absent half the time...

Cate found the time to complete her college education, earning a BA in communication and a Masters Degree in media management.  Her education and connections in many areas of human endeavor, along with her innate intelligence give her a solid arsenal for her fight for the preservation of humanity.  Her own wealth and that of her family can be called up to aid her cause.

Kaiten

I'm still here. I just am thinking about what I am going to do. I had thought about making a half breed, but I wanted to respect your wishes. I'll just take a little more time, but I'll figure it out, don't worry  ::)

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Ramael on February 21, 2010, 06:41:39 AM
OK you said you were running it by me first so I don't mind putting my foot down a little bit.

You can put your motivations in your character profile. Saying in that profile "Sariel's reasons are unclear to everyone else" would mean no one would know IC.

It's slightly unfair for everyone else's driving emotional forces to be displayed but yours aren't.

Also, his appearance is basically Raguel with grey wings?

If he has no qualms with serving Lucifer, how did he come to this universe-changing perspective? I'm assuming he was an angel of Heaven before he became his own master? So what made him change his mind and decide the blasphemous arch-enemy of all time was actually alright, and a possible employer?

You keep talking about alchemy (without any real description on how he attained this ability, or any interactions with humans during the time in Europe that alchemy was first coming to the fore). Are you saying that this is how he creates the Serum, and not using ingredients from the Garden of Eden? Because this is quite important-it's a literal metaphor for human beings becoming more than themselves through using select pieces of Heaven and not accepting the whole. Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear on what things I needed in cement to keep this setting "mine" and not just some random angel themed battle-this is one of them.

If he serves both God and Lucifer, and then rebels against God like you say...doesn't he just work for Lucifer now, then?!

I appreciate you're trying to make a "stand alone" character, who is a master unto himself and abides not necessarily by other's rules, but my setting already has five factions that cover pretty much every base. If your character doesn't fit in with either of these five, he's likely going to water the story down?

I'm being a bit harsh now, but I'm worried this "angel with no master, no rules, and apparently no compassion to the human race" is independent of the storyline and will detract from the narrative.

"Well, notably, I think you've made apparent the motivations of other characters because they are public figures. Sariel, however, has only come to Saul, and likely said nothing to him of his motivations. For me to play this character effectively, he should remain a mystery in his entirety (except to you as the 'game master'). However, I can address your other issues as they seem to stem from a lack of common understanding for the character."

"You describe Raguel (and the other angels) with strong, beautiful features. Sariel shouldn't look like that, that was taken from him when he started serving both sides. He is pale, smaller than the other angels, almost thin, retaining none of the angel's glow and light, but a hollow, deathly palor with a ghostly emanation, rather than a heavenly light."

"To begin with, Sariel was not his own master, in fact, it is only because of recent events that he would even consider himself so. He worked for God until Lucifer's fall, and was changed into the being he is now as a necessary evil. Sariel simply saw it as another chance to serve, only now, to serve a greater purpose, to keep peace between Heaven and Hell. He served Lucifer, but was not his ally. He was a neutral messenger, someone who was capable of going to hell to retrieve a spirit, or communicate with people who God (and occasionally Lucifer) would like to speak to that might trust a spirit rather than an angel (Atheists, even Pagans, or simply people who believed in God, but not angels per se). He was also tasked with guiding certain important people to Heaven or Hell, such as Moses."

"Sariel became more and more independent, but always loyal to his task. He began to take the time he was not called on learning various things from all three worlds (Heaven, Hell, and Earth). He has become a Jack-of-All-Trades, for the most part, capable of blending knowledge in many areas to help him. He is familiar with Alchemy and Chemistry, Eastern and Western Medicine, Technology and Mechanics, but is by no means a hacker, a machinist, a chemist, an alchemist, or a doctor (even if he is a capable healer)."

"He recently decided to deny his connection to Heaven and Hell, but waited for an opening. Saul was his opening, and he took the fruit and the bark, and used his knowledge of Alchemy to mix them to create a Serum that would create a nearly angelic Human."

"Sariel does not like Michael, Raguel, or Lucifer, and has no interest in their factions, but is not independent of the rebel angels in some of his desires."

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Ramael on February 21, 2010, 09:32:38 AM
Is that quote one you've written yourself? If so, it's very good.

I like how he sounds, and reminds me pleasantly of a slightly more practical Dionysus?!

I want to bombard you with a load more questions, but I should probably just post an RP thread up and let it speak for itself-I will do that soon, maybe in a few days when RL things have calmed down.

Yes it is a quote of my own making. I see Akrasiel as being very critical of vengeful acts by god upon the world. Not because he is against punishment, but because he does not see much effort being put into rewarding the good in human kind. Akrasiel is good at seeing a situation from all perspectives. 

I can see the comparison to Dionysus now that you mention it. Dionysus was quite a champion of appreciating humans needs upon this earth, and while he was usually seen as handsome charming company he did have his bouts of vain indulgence and madness. Toning that down and tempering it with practicality is quite in line with the way I imagine Akrasiel.

Feel free to ask me some questions. I really loved the character Raguel from the moment I first read the intro you wrote. He is vital to the storyline and has a lot of complexities that can be explored. He has the make of a very compelling anti-hero and in this story you have set up right and wrong are very subjective. I also give you major props on not falling into the trap of making a token "gay character". Stories both freelance and professional have easy to quantify roles for characters "the leader", "the fighter", "the smart one", "the gay one". Akrasiel is too deep to identify simply by his sexuality.

Ramael

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on February 21, 2010, 03:50:26 PM
"Well, notably, I think you've made apparent the motivations of other characters because they are public figures. Sariel, however, has only come to Saul, and likely said nothing to him of his motivations. For me to play this character effectively, he should remain a mystery in his entirety (except to you as the 'game master'). However, I can address your other issues as they seem to stem from a lack of common understanding for the character."

"You describe Raguel (and the other angels) with strong, beautiful features. Sariel shouldn't look like that, that was taken from him when he started serving both sides. He is pale, smaller than the other angels, almost thin, retaining none of the angel's glow and light, but a hollow, deathly palor with a ghostly emanation, rather than a heavenly light."

"To begin with, Sariel was not his own master, in fact, it is only because of recent events that he would even consider himself so. He worked for God until Lucifer's fall, and was changed into the being he is now as a necessary evil. Sariel simply saw it as another chance to serve, only now, to serve a greater purpose, to keep peace between Heaven and Hell. He served Lucifer, but was not his ally. He was a neutral messenger, someone who was capable of going to hell to retrieve a spirit, or communicate with people who God (and occasionally Lucifer) would like to speak to that might trust a spirit rather than an angel (Atheists, even Pagans, or simply people who believed in God, but not angels per se). He was also tasked with guiding certain important people to Heaven or Hell, such as Moses."

"Sariel became more and more independent, but always loyal to his task. He began to take the time he was not called on learning various things from all three worlds (Heaven, Hell, and Earth). He has become a Jack-of-All-Trades, for the most part, capable of blending knowledge in many areas to help him. He is familiar with Alchemy and Chemistry, Eastern and Western Medicine, Technology and Mechanics, but is by no means a hacker, a machinist, a chemist, an alchemist, or a doctor (even if he is a capable healer)."

"He recently decided to deny his connection to Heaven and Hell, but waited for an opening. Saul was his opening, and he took the fruit and the bark, and used his knowledge of Alchemy to mix them to create a Serum that would create a nearly angelic Human."

"Sariel does not like Michael, Raguel, or Lucifer, and has no interest in their factions, but is not independent of the rebel angels in some of his desires."

OK. It is at this time that if anybody else either thinks this is a good character and I'm being a bit of a dick, or if you sort of agree with me in that it's too vague and distant and "oooh", please speak up either way, I'm happy to go with the majority on this one.

Now in reference to your post. I see what you're saying about the "heavenly light" but I didn't describe any of the rebel angels as having that, I probably only hinted at it for Michael. In this way, his absence of light would only differ from Michael. But I guess Sariel having a ghostly aura would be fine, just it wouldn't be in contrast to the rebel angels.

That's where I've lost you-"served god until lucifer's fall...then he was changed as a necessary evil". What? What does that even mean? Why would an angel who served God be "changed" as any kind of evil?

"would like to speak to that might trust a spirit rather than an angel (Atheists"
....You know an atheist would pass off seeing a spirit as either drugs, a psychological manifestation, or as a sign of madness, right?

"He recently decided to deny his connection to Heaven and Hell, but waited for an opening. Saul was his opening"
Again. Deny his connection to Heaven and Hell? I thought he wasn't a public figure? So who would care anyway? Who is he denying connections to?

And the second part- What does this mean? I've tried reading it over a few times but I cannot make headway with it. How was a basic, average human being his "opening" into the garden of eden?!

It seems you have a lot of history for him and you have thought about it quite a bit. Are you suuuure you don't just wanna make this Sariel as an OC and I can have him back as Meltior so I can write him up as a main character how I intended?

Of course, if other people think I'm being out of order then just say so and I'll drop my case.

:)

Esoteric Myobi

Quite interested in this...I'm just not 100% sure which faction I want to go with at the moment, they're all so tempting =(

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'll go ahead and step down, if you dislike the idea that much, I don't want to impede your vision for the game."

Ramael

I appreciate you trying, though. Still, if others like your idea, I'm still prepared to accept it.

Feel free to write up an OC or have a look at one of the other main characters that aren't taken.

Ramael

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on February 21, 2010, 07:59:04 PM
Yes it is a quote of my own making. I see Akrasiel as being very critical of vengeful acts by god upon the world. Not because he is against punishment, but because he does not see much effort being put into rewarding the good in human kind. Akrasiel is good at seeing a situation from all perspectives. 

I can see the comparison to Dionysus now that you mention it. Dionysus was quite a champion of appreciating humans needs upon this earth, and while he was usually seen as handsome charming company he did have his bouts of vain indulgence and madness. Toning that down and tempering it with practicality is quite in line with the way I imagine Akrasiel.

Feel free to ask me some questions. I really loved the character Raguel from the moment I first read the intro you wrote. He is vital to the storyline and has a lot of complexities that can be explored. He has the make of a very compelling anti-hero and in this story you have set up right and wrong are very subjective. I also give you major props on not falling into the trap of making a token "gay character". Stories both freelance and professional have easy to quantify roles for characters "the leader", "the fighter", "the smart one", "the gay one". Akrasiel is too deep to identify simply by his sexuality.

Thanks! Sort of saw it as natural, really...the rebel angels are in direct contrast to Heaven's angels and as such are quite human. I thought that if Raguel spent a lot of time in ancient Greece or Rome and admired many brilliant humans from that time period, his sexuality came to mind very quickly, and seemed to fit.

Ok, being as you asked!
Where do you see the war with Heaven going?
What do you think about Sapiens company, and the woman that so many of your human followers admire-Cate Mary Allister?
Privately(because you know about this, but it is still fairly confidential) what do you think about the distribution of the Serum to Saul Johnson?