Followers of Calistria (Game has started, but still open for new characters)

Started by vin26m, July 31, 2012, 07:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Leah

Losing Shadow Weapon and Illusion of Calm hurts, but that was my mistake. I'll amend it. Same with Holy Schemer; my initial thought had been Calistrian Prostitute, but I figured I'd try and find an alternative so that someone else could use it.

As to Melee and Ranged weapons; My hope was to dedicate Lori to being a pure caster, who should never be entering Melee range. If absolutely necessary, I can choose Arcane Bond: Dagger instead of my amulet; but for ranged, my plan was to rely heavily on scrolls (color spray ftw), cantrips, and her Blinding Ray ability. Again, I can restructure if absolutely necessary.

Here is the updated form: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=11136

I opted in Vanish as my bonus from the school, since my Illusionist static bonus adds an additional round to it (2 rounds instead of 1), and followed your block to memorize Detect Magic instead of Haunted Fey Aspect. Let me know if there are any further changes needed. :)

vin26m

Quote from: TKtheExiled on August 03, 2012, 06:48:40 AM
Losing Shadow Weapon and Illusion of Calm hurts, but that was my mistake. I'll amend it. Same with Holy Schemer; my initial thought had been Calistrian Prostitute, but I figured I'd try and find an alternative so that someone else could use it.

As to Melee and Ranged weapons; My hope was to dedicate Lori to being a pure caster, who should never be entering Melee range. If absolutely necessary, I can choose Arcane Bond: Dagger instead of my amulet; but for ranged, my plan was to rely heavily on scrolls (color spray ftw), cantrips, and her Blinding Ray ability. Again, I can restructure if absolutely necessary.

Here is the updated form: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=11136

I opted in Vanish as my bonus from the school, since my Illusionist static bonus adds an additional round to it (2 rounds instead of 1), and followed your block to memorize Detect Magic instead of Haunted Fey Aspect. Let me know if there are any further changes needed. :)

Memorized spellls:

Okay, Vanish is fine as the extra school slot, along with the additional round.

You now have four level 0 spells memorized (Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand), but can only have three.  Please pick only three.

Spells in spellbook:

Like Drench, Jolt and Root are from Ultimate Magic (which I don't have) but they are also in "Paizo Blog" (which I do have).  So I added Jolt and Root to your spellbook.

Also, you keep Open/Close.  I can't delete that one.

Weapons:

You can be unarmed.  What's the amulet like?

Second draft of stat block (have to add scrolls, etc.):

LORI BRIGHTEYES   CR 1/2
Female Elf Wizard 1
NN Medium Humanoid (Elf)
Hero Points 1
Init +3; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +3
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10   (+3 Dex)
hp 5 (1d6-1)
Fort -1, Ref +3, Will +3
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Unarmed Strike +0 (1d3/20/x2)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1, 0 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Color Spray (DC 16), Disguise Self (DC 16), Vanish (DC 16)
0 (at will) Read Magic (DC 14), Ghost Sound (DC 15), Detect Magic
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 10,  Dex 16,  Con 8,  Int 19,  Wis 12,  Cha 14
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 13
Feats Elven Weapon Proficiencies, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus: Illusion, Wizard Weapon Proficiencies
Traits Calistrian Prostitute: Sense Motive, Skeptic
Skills Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +8, Knowledge (Local) +8, Knowledge (Nobility) +8, Perception +3, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +8
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Sylvan
SQ Blinding Ray (7/day) (Sp), Elven Magic, Evocation, Extended Illusions (+1 rds) (Su), Hero Points (1), Illusion, Necromancy
Other Gear Amulet
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Blinding Ray (7/day) (Sp) - 7/7
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Blinding Ray (7/day) (Sp) 30' ranged touch attack, blinds / dazzles for 1 round.
Calistrian Prostitute: Sense Motive +1 Gather Information and Sense Motive, and one of these is a class skill.
Elven Immunities +2 save bonus vs Enchantments.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Elven Magic +2 to spellcraft checks to determine the properties of a magic item.
Evocation You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Evocation school.
Extended Illusions (+1 rds) (Su) Increase duration of illusion spells by 1/2 level (permanent at 20).
Hero Points (1) Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Illusion Illusionists use magic to weave confounding images, figments, and phantoms to baffle and vex their foes.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.
Skeptic +2 save vs. illusion.
Spell Focus: Illusion Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
--------------------
Calistria teaches that the straightest path is not always the best; and why should that be any different for one of her faithful?

From a young age, it was clear to Lori that her lot was not to be cast in with the clergy; but Calistria's teachings still stuck in her mind, and influenced her studies greatly during her first hundred years on Golarion. While other students in her college were mastering spells to conjure great flames or vicious dragons, Lori chose to focus on spells that would blur the line between truth and lie, reality and fantasy. And, in her own way, she excelled...

But there are some things that one can not learn from a book, or from a 300 year old elf who remembers less with each passing month. So Lori "Brighteyes" left the safety of her home village, and set off to learn from the Goddess' chosen themselves; who better to teach the Goddess' magics than those who have been given her gift from birth?

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

vin26m

Quote from: Siereis on August 03, 2012, 08:07:48 AM
Well I am very interested in this RP! How many players did you want to have though and is there room for another?

I didn't really think about a player limit, so feel free to join. 

Blue Leah

Ok. Memorized spells fixed, and I will re-add Jolt and Root.

Lori's amulet is a yellow-jacket wasp encased in amber. She found it in a trader's wares when she was still in her eighties, and took it as a sign that the Goddess had a plan for her. That's part of why she's making her trip to visit the temple.

ExisD

The reason I was hesitant for the traits is that I don't have the skill points to make use of the extra class skills, and many of these already are class skills. I was also thinking to leave some of the knowledge's for other PCs to have. Though an NPC can work as well.

Though given that we have no rogue disable device would be very useful.

Just finished editing, added a long bow too.

vin26m

Quote from: ExisD on August 03, 2012, 09:57:39 AM
The reason I was hesitant for the traits is that I don't have the skill points to make use of the extra class skills, and many of these already are class skills. I was also thinking to leave some of the knowledge's for other PCs to have. Though an NPC can work as well.

Though given that we have no rogue disable device would be very useful.

Just finished editing, added a long bow too.

Looks good.

Keep in mind that Disable Device can also be used to make something simple and broken work temporarily.

+6 for the attack rolls of the dueling sword looks right.  0 (base) + 5 (dex, weapon finesse) + 1 (sword scion)

For damage, I think it should be 1d8+2 (1d8 + Str mod), not 1d8+3.  Are you getting +3 some other way?

Please check the statblock:

SAVALI DEAMIR   CR 1/2
Female Half-Elf Inquisitor 1
CN Medium Humanoid (Elf, Human)
Hero Points 1
Init +5; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +8
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 12   (+2 armor, +5 Dex)
hp 6 (1d8-2); Judgement of Sacred Healing 1
Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +4
Defensive Abilities Copy Cat (Su) (5/day), Judgement of Sacred Protection +1; DR Judgement of Sacred Resiliency 1: Magic; Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Judgement of Sacred Purity +1, Judgement of Sacred Resistance 2 (-Choose-)
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Dueling Sword +6 (1d8+2/19-20/x2) and
   Unarmed Strike +5 (1d3+2/20/x2) and
   Whip +5 (1d3+2/20/x2) and
   Whip, Scorpion +5 (1d4+2/20/x2)
Ranged Longbow +5 (1d8/20/x3)
Special Attacks Judgement of Sacred Destruction +1, Judgement of Sacred Justice +1, Judgement of Sacred Piercing +1, Judgement of Sacred Smiting (Magic)
Spell-Like Abilities Copy Cat (Su) (5/day)
Inquisitor Spells Known (CL 1, +5 melee touch, +5 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Bless, Disguise Self (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Create Water, Detect Poison, Sift
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14,  Dex 20,  Con 7,  Int 10,  Wis 14,  Cha 12
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 17
Feats Weapon Finesse
Traits Sword Scion, Vagabond Child (urban): Disable Device
Skills Disable Device +10, Disguise +5, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Planes) +4, Perception +8, Sense Motive +7, Stealth +9 Modifiers Monster Lore
Languages Common, Elven
SQ Elf Blood, Hero Points (1), Inquisitor Domain: Trickery, Judgement (1/day) (Su)
Combat Gear Dueling Sword, Leather, Longbow, Whip, Whip, Scorpion;
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Copy Cat (Su) (5/day) (Sp) - 0/5
Judgement (1/day) (Su) - 0/1
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Copy Cat (Su) (5/day) (Sp) Create a single mirror image duplicate
Elf Blood You are counted as both elven and human for any effect relating to race.
Elven Immunities +2 save bonus vs Enchantments.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Hero Points (1) Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Inquisitor Domain: Trickery Granted Powers: You are a master of illusions and deceptions. Bluff, Disguise, and Stealth are class skills.
Judgement (1/day) (Su) Variable bonuses increase as the combat continues.
Judgement of Sacred Destruction +1 (Su) Weapon Damage bonus.
Judgement of Sacred Healing 1 (Su) Fast Healing
Judgement of Sacred Justice +1 (Su) Attack bonus
Judgement of Sacred Piercing +1 (Su) Concentration and vs. SR bonus
Judgement of Sacred Protection +1 (Su) AC bonus
Judgement of Sacred Purity +1 (Su) Save bonus
Judgement of Sacred Resiliency 1: Magic (Su) DR/magic
Judgement of Sacred Resistance 2: -Choose- (Su) Energy Resistances
Judgement of Sacred Smiting (Magic) (Su) DR bypass
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Monster Lore +2 (Ex) +2 to Knowledge checks when identifying the weaknessess of creatures.
Sword Scion +1 to hit and CMB with longswords and Aldori Dueling Swords.
--------------------
Saveli DeAmir is a half elf who took after her elven parent more than her human. As such she has the dark skin, golden eyes, and white hair of her father. He brought her into the cult of Norgorber where she received her early education. Neither the brightest girl or the most hardy she wound up being placed in missions where she had to stay concealed and keep watch for the more competent members of her team. When she came of age though everything changed. The cult decided that whoring her out to distract their targets would be a much more productive use of her time and proceeded to do just that. Her parents even helped them with this idea!

Then one day the target was a follower of Calistria. She was sent in ahead of time and was told to bring her somewhere where the assassins could strike. The follower however ensnared Saveli, she showed the girl a tenderness that she'd never experienced before and got her to reveal the reason of her call. The half-elf was devastated that she failed, but again the follower brought her back and stopped her from doing something terrible. She ran away to join Calistria that evening and with the help of other members of the church ambushed the assassins who she previously worked for. Though her parents were not among the members who fell that night Saveli still wants to find them and make them pay for what they did to her. Until then she's happy protecting her new sisters.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

ExisD

You can wield it two handed and keep weapon finesse. Since she needs her off hand free to cast spells I figured I'd just write the damage as two handed because that's the way she'd attack with it most times she's attacking.

vin26m

Quote from: ExisD on August 03, 2012, 10:36:16 AM
You can wield it two handed and keep weapon finesse. Since she needs her off hand free to cast spells I figured I'd just write the damage as two handed because that's the way she'd attack with it most times she's attacking.

Ah, got it.  Thanks.

Quote from: TKtheExiled on August 03, 2012, 09:27:16 AM
Ok. Memorized spells fixed, and I will re-add Jolt and Root.

Lori's amulet is a yellow-jacket wasp encased in amber. She found it in a trader's wares when she was still in her eighties, and took it as a sign that the Goddess had a plan for her. That's part of why she's making her trip to visit the temple.

Ooh, nice detail.

vin26m

Okay, here are the post headers for ExisD and TKtheExiled.  The characters are approved but I still want to make sure you post using the requirements from my first post in this thread (characters approved, players pending approval).  I think I'll have a thread so we can kill some time and get to know your characters better.  I'll put it up in a couple of hours or so.

Saveli DeAmir (played by ExisD)

[img padding=5 height=200]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/f/fd/Avatar_Saveli_DeAmir.jpg[/img]
[font=trebuchet ms][size=18pt]Saveli DeAmir[/size][/font] (played by ExisD)

Lori Brighteyes (played by TKtheExiled)
Female Elf Wizard 1

[img padding=5 height=200]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/b/b3/Avatar_Lori_Brighteyes.jpg[/img]
[font=trebuchet ms][size=18pt]Lori Brighteyes[/size][/font] (played by TKtheExiled)
Female Elf Wizard 1

I'll get to your bard, too, helvorn.

vin26m

Check out the characters thread...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=148254

If any changes are needed, let me know.

I'll put up IC tonight or tomorrow.

helvorn

ExisD

I usually use this site. They host fill-able character sheets for bunch of different game types. You'd need to register an account, but it's free. They are mostly blanks though attribute modifers, AC, Saves, and skills calculate themselves provided you have other fields filled out.

Muse

Siereis, hit points and armor class look fine so far. 

Saving throws are a roll rather than a difficulty, so: 
Fortitude: d20+3
Reflex: d20+3
Will: d20+0

But... 

=== ABILITIES ===
STR: 10 (0)
DEX: 16(+3)
CON: 12(+1)
INT: 10(0)
WIS: 10(0)
CHR: 14(+2)

total points spent: 25/25

With your racial +2 in Dexterity, this would be 12 points.  Do you need a link to the SRD?  MAy I sugest: 

3    Str 13
10  Dex  16 (+2 Racial) =18
5    Con 14
2    Int  12
0    Wis   10
5    Chrs 14

For: 
Str  13 +1
Dex 18 +4
Con 14 +2
Int  12  +1
Wis  10  +0
Chrs 14 +2

Makes for an unarmored Armor Class of 14. 

FEATS:
-Point Blank Shot
-Rapid Shot

As a human fighter you have 3, so add precise shot. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blue Leah

Muse

Some years ago, a little girl showed up at the temple of Calistria and attached herself to a senior priestess—serving her as a maid in return for her room and board. 
   For many years most people believed she was mute.  Her employer called her Little Ember and it stuck.  She played with the other girl’s in her free time, loving with them when they grew old enough, but it wasn’t until she was grown—a day when her mentor was performing away from the safety of the temple and assassins drew knives at her, that she spoke.  Her voice at the time was like burning pines and popping sap, but she screamed out in this voice and her mistress was warned of the assassins, and the two girls fended them off together. 
   When the stress was gone, Ember spoke again, this time in perfectly good Taldin—also called the common tongue.  In time, she told a few trusted friends her story.  As a child, she’d always seen visions in fire, and heard voices.  Those around her noticed her fascination with the flames and whispered she was touched by Saranrae—or Asmodeus.  Some just said she was touched in the head. 
   She didn’t start the fire that burned down her home, but the flames that consumed her family did her no harm.  When she escaped the burning building she was screaming for her parents, but in the language of flames, not any tongue known by even the wisest in the village.  When her neighbors turned on her, she fled in terror, making her way to the coat, hiding aboard a ship, and finaly finding the temple of Calistria and a kind priestess who took her in and gave her a new life. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

vin26m

I put all 10 characters on the characters thread...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=148254

If any changes are needed, let me know.

Sorry for delays.  IC is soon.

vin26m

Real life stuff keeps popping up.  Again, sorry for delays.

If anyone has questions or suggestions, feel free to share.

vin26m

IC/OOC is up (both in same thread):  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=148606.0

I have to fix some pic links but I'm done writing for now.

DRoux

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

vin26m

I PM'ed DRoux and her character will be introduced.

Another player character will also be introduced, probably at the same time.

If anyone else is still interested, PM me.