News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking for a Legend of the Five Rings 4e Game

Started by ShadowFox89, January 30, 2014, 08:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Well, here's the deal. I have waaay too many character concepts sitting around. But there hasn't been a L5R4e game recruited on here in a while.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Empyrean

I might be interested. What do you have in mind?

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Muse

I would also be very interested in such a game if we can find a GM. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

That's always the hard part, finding someone to run it *Sigh*

Normally, I would volunteer. But I know neither the system (having only played once, and that only lasted two pages), nor do I know the setting very well.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Empyrean

Muse

Still interested, but it doesn't really start unless we get a GM. ^_^ 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

*shrug* If we can find someone to run a game. I have an idea for a Crane Duelist, Dragon Duelist, or Scorpion Ninja.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Empyrean

I was thinking of a Kitsune Shugenja who has a Secret Love: A ruthless Spider woman who loves him and he has no idea about it. :p

Pumpkin Seeds

I had thoughts of making a L5R game, but set pretty far back in history around the year 152. 

Are people looking for a more modern L5R game as well ?

ShadowFox89

I'm a noob to much of the lore, timeline especially. So.... I don't mind :D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Empyrean

Personally I'd like something in the present but if everyone wants the past I'd play along.

Pumpkin Seeds

I am starting to piece together some ideas for the game set in the year 164 (ish).  This would largely revolve around the creation of the Emerald Magistrates and their struggle to enforce a new code of law on the, still wild and unorganized, landscape of Rokugan.

Marie Reynolds

Well if this gets off the ground I would be interested in jumping on board.

greenknight

Questions about 4e

Are skill rolls "stat+skill keep stat" (1e/7th Sea style) or "skill keep stat" (2e)?

Is 4e really anything besides an advance of the meta-plot based on CCG tournament play?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Teo Torriatte

I would be interested in playing in this as well.  :-)

HairyHeretic

Quote from: greenknight on February 09, 2014, 06:40:31 AM
Questions about 4e

Are skill rolls "stat+skill keep stat" (1e/7th Sea style) or "skill keep stat" (2e)?

Stat + skill, keep stat.

Quote from: greenknight on February 09, 2014, 06:40:31 AM
Is 4e really anything besides an advance of the meta-plot based on CCG tournament play?

The rules are separate from the timeline. Some of the sourcebooks provide more detailed eras of play, anywhere from literally the beginnings of the Empire right through to Rokugan in Space.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Marie Reynolds

4th Edition actually has had a separation from the ccg affecting the plot. It has also been a bit of a reorganization and sourcebooks included and more history has been clarified and reorganized also. Some clans like the Unicorn have even seen entries in sourcebooks for  families like the Shinjo family of the Unicorn. it is the Stat+skill  keep stat setup.

Muse

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 09, 2014, 07:10:52 AM
4th Edition actually has had a separation from the ccg affecting the plot.

*cheers and dances in the streets!*

I'm really wondering what to play... 

Would a monk be apropriate?  Of course, that's just one of many many many ideas... 

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 09, 2014, 03:46:44 AM
I am starting to piece together some ideas for the game set in the year 164 (ish).  This would largely revolve around the creation of the Emerald Magistrates and their struggle to enforce a new code of law on the, still wild and unorganized, landscape of Rokugan.

Very interested then.... would there be any lore info that we need to read up on? Any rulebooks that would cover this period of time? Are there any schools that would be unavailable?

I'm still thinking between a Crane Duelist, Dragon Bushi, or Scorpion Ninja.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Marie Reynolds

Just my opinion but Imperial Histories might be useful.

Pumpkin Seeds

Imperial Histories Book 2 has the information I would be drawing largely from about this time period.

Crash

Sorry going to bow out.  Was looking to play a Mantis. Not really the right timeline for that.  Have fun all!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Flying Tengu

Legend of the Five Rings is super awesome, and 4e is my favorite version of it.  I'd love to join in.

I'm not sure what I would play, but I tend towards Crane, Dragon, or Phoenix Bushi, more rarely Scorpion.  Those that can best fulfill the "gentleman samurai" archetype.

Pretty in Pink

*zooms in and clings to both Pumpkin and SF*  ZOMG!  L5R game!  How... did I miss this?

However, my experience stopped at 3rd.5 when they had finally cut one too many people out of the loop after stealing it from the guy that came up with the original concept to begin with cuts rant off right there to avoid drama.  So I know next to nothing about 4th.  And I also tend to play gapstop characters, IE, I'm the last one to finish because I'm waiting to see what else is being played, and roll up what's NOT being covered.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP