DC Very AU: Justice Academy [Recruitment Thread]

Started by TheBlackThrone, October 13, 2018, 09:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Timeless on October 15, 2018, 03:07:33 AM
>->; I know I shouldn't, but.. *plants a flag* Hope you don't mind me reserving Raven. I'll have to see about this sheet.

Nope. Raven is reserved!
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Remec

This seems interesting. With Dr. Fate being the architect of it all, I think it might be intriguing to play Hank Hall, aka Hawk...since his destiny is to become part of an experiment by some of the Lords of both Order and Chaos to see if their agents could successfully work together. But that sort of needs a Dove; and if we don't have one, then I will switch my choice to Hawkman, Golden Age version--ie, Terran Carter Hall, not Thanagarian Katar Hol.

Norsegod1839

Would you be looking for a Dove as a romantic companion? Or more like a brother sister thing?

Remec

I think, at this stage in the AU, they're probably platonic if not a little antagonistic towards one another--much like siblings--but their shared Destiny is one that will lead them into romance. It might not be something that would last forever, but I think they might end up pursuing it for a while before making any decision for or against it.

EvieFrye

I think I’m done my character sheet, save for a face claim.

Norsegod1839

Can't wait to see what you bring to Catwoman Evie!

Quote from: Remec on October 15, 2018, 05:23:40 PM
I think, at this stage in the AU, they're probably platonic if not a little antagonistic towards one another--much like siblings--but their shared Destiny is one that will lead them into romance. It might not be something that would last forever, but I think they might end up pursuing it for a while before making any decision for or against it.

Thanks for the info Remec! I was asking because I thought about picking up Dove but as a more sisterly dynamic.

EvieFrye

Thanks Norse, do you have a face claim for Superman, how old will he be?

Norsegod1839

I'll be using the smallville version probably make him eighteen as well to fit hte young adult theme eighteen or seventeen

EvieFrye

Ok, nice. I wanted to know so I can pair mine up with age and such.

Norsegod1839

Right! Look up Smallville Superman and you should find him.

EvieFrye

yeah, Tom Welling. He is awesome. He was great in Lucifer. I have a face claim and sent my CS in. I cholse Chloe Grace Mortez.

Norsegod1839

EvieFrye

Yeah, and she was Hit Girl in the Kick ass movies, so you know she can pull it off.

TheBlackThrone

So I just approved the first CS for this game. I'm going to post up the character thread, and when the writer posts their CS in there, I want everyone to take note of the detail they put into it. Something along that amount of detail is what I will accept in this game. I will not accept a CS that looks like you barely worked on it.
The gates are open

EvieFrye

Who was the character you approved? Will they get a pm that they were?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 15, 2018, 10:38:17 PM
Who was the character you approved? Will they get a pm that they were?

Raven. I posted the Character Thread link on the front page. I will let you know if you're approved or not in PM. Whenever Timeless gets around to posting her CS in the Character Thread, I want everyone to look at it to get an idea of what kind of effort I'm looking for.
The gates are open

Timeless

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 15, 2018, 10:47:43 PM
Raven. I posted the Character Thread link on the front page. I will let you know if you're approved or not in PM. Whenever Timeless gets around to posting her CS in the Character Thread, I want everyone to look at it to get an idea of what kind of effort I'm looking for.

Oh wow - uh, well, I posted my completed character sheet. But really glad to have my character sheet approved, thank you!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Remec on October 15, 2018, 04:08:23 PM
This seems interesting. With Dr. Fate being the architect of it all, I think it might be intriguing to play Hank Hall, aka Hawk...since his destiny is to become part of an experiment by some of the Lords of both Order and Chaos to see if their agents could successfully work together. But that sort of needs a Dove; and if we don't have one, then I will switch my choice to Hawkman, Golden Age version--ie, Terran Carter Hall, not Thanagarian Katar Hol.

When you settle on what character you want reserved, let me know.

As for everyone else, limit the OOC because I miss when people are applying to the game. If you want to OOC, get approved, and then I'll make an OOC thread where you guys can chat to your hearts' content.
The gates are open

Remec

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 17, 2018, 07:35:16 AM
When you settle on what character you want reserved, let me know.

I think reserve me Hank Hall...even if Dove is like a sister from the get-go...I think he might be more intriguing to play, since he starts out kind of one dimensional and I could show his growth into an actual heroic destiny.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Remec on October 17, 2018, 07:43:32 AM

I think reserve me Hank Hall...even if Dove is like a sister from the get-go...I think he might be more intriguing to play, since he starts out kind of one dimensional and I could show his growth into an actual heroic destiny.

Ok. I'll put on the front page a Dove request and hopefully someone down the line picks him. If no one does, then what is your backup plan? Because it seemed Hawk & Dove has to be a thing.

Fixed Beast Wars moment lmao!

Ok wait. Don Hall or Dawn? Which Dove are you looking for?
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I'll be getting the OOC link up this evening (Pacific time) after class if I have no other obligations.
The gates are open

Remec

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 17, 2018, 09:24:48 AM
Ok. I'll put on the front page a Dove request and hopefully someone down the line picks him. If no one does, then what is your backup plan? Because it seemed Hawk & Dove has to be a thing.

Fixed Beast Wars moment lmao!

Ok wait. Don Hall or Dawn? Which Dove are you looking for?

Yeah, I was thinking of Dawn.  Well, if Hawk falls through for lack of a Dove, then I would like to have a backup in Carter Hall and/or Ted Kord...

TheBlackThrone

Hey chatter bugs, here's the OOC. Sorry for the wait.

Quote from: Remec on October 18, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of Dawn.  Well, if Hawk falls through for lack of a Dove, then I would like to have a backup in Carter Hall and/or Ted Kord...

How long do you intend to wait for a Dove candidate?
The gates are open

Remec

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 18, 2018, 08:22:56 PM
How long do you intend to wait for a Dove candidate?

I wouldn't want to hold things up. What seems good to you?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Remec on October 19, 2018, 07:38:22 AM
I wouldn't want to hold things up. What seems good to you?

I think you should play Hawkman for now, and if and when we get more players, then pitch the Hawk and Dove idea. That way if anyone wants to play a second character it's open.

As for everyone else, I will be getting Hal Jordan completed today, and then I'll start the IC today since it'll involve an orientation that is going to be absolutely interesting because your character interactions will make it interesting lol.

New players are free to join. We have so many justice positions still open. Almost every DC hero you could think of can fit in this game as a student in the Academy. Lastly, if you haven't finished your CS, try to do so soon or it may reach its drop date.
The gates are open