Sentinel:A world divided (Still recruiting in need of women, accepts most races)

Started by Untamed Skies, October 09, 2015, 10:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on October 09, 2015, 12:58:23 PM
I'll pm you their sheets. :D

I have both of them somewhere already Sakura, but thank you for the offer. They're two of my favourite characters and I never deleted their sheets.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

InnocentSynn

Oh I am so in!!  Give me the weekend and I'll have my character finalized since I already know exactly what I'm gonna do.

Untamed Skies

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Untamed Skies

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

TheBlackThrone

A special someone brought this game to my attention. I wouldn't mind bringing Bon back if you'll have me. I'm going to read over the information and see how much I would need to tweak him. I feel the same as Ed. I probably won't have Bon be a rookie this time because of his prior service.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Juggtacular

I plan on having both Moses and Hanzo be Task Force. Can the Assistant Director of Spec Ops go out on field ops?

Moses - Idris Elba
Hanzo - Lee Byung-hun

Untamed Skies

QuoteA special someone brought this game to my attention. I wouldn't mind bringing Bon back if you'll have me. I'm going to read over the information and see how much I would need to tweak him. I feel the same as Ed. I probably won't have Bon be a rookie this time because of his prior service.

Sure, if you'd be interested in playing Bon.

But do remember this isn't a continuation, it's a reboot. So, you're more then welcome to make him a veteran, but unless you decide to include some of the other game in the background this a different timeline and continuation altogether.

The hope is to create a neutral ground for returning players, as well as making it easier for new players (which we'll hopefully get) to start as well.

QuoteI plan on having both Moses and Hanzo be Task Force. Can the Assistant Director of Spec Ops go out on field ops?

Moses - Idris Elba
Hanzo - Lee Byung-hun

Yes, is that a request to reserve a Assistant Director spot I sense?

And consider the faces reserved.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Untamed Skies on October 09, 2015, 01:49:55 PM

Yes, is that a request to reserve a Assistant Director spot I sense?

And consider the faces reserved.

Then yes, Hanzo as Assistant Director of Spec Ops. He'd definitely be a hands-on type of boss.

Untamed Skies

Juggtacular

TheBlackThrone

I just wanted to make him have more control of his demons rather than start all over when he was a newbie. I want to place him on Task Force. But I also have been thinking about him owning a tattoo shop as a second job to go along with him being an investigator when he's off-duty. Work with demons and angels, along with their runes, symbols, etc. I feel that he would be an expert in that only because his demons could identify that stuff.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Untamed Skies

I don't see anything wrong with anything there. As usual, get in a character sheet, and PM'd to me and Sakky and if there are changes that need to be made changed we'll let you know

EdwardShane

Player Name: EdwardShane

Character Name: Goes by Argentina, or Argent; True name is Carmilla (not that anyone knows that)

Race/Lineage:  Half-cheshire, half human

Concealment: When necessary, she will wear a hat of some sort or another (usually a beanie), and she keeps her tail wrapped around her waist to the point that her clothes typically cover it up without any issue.  However, she prefers to not take such action unless it's necessary for whatever reason.

Sex:  Female

Physical Description:   Argent is 5'7" when in human form, and appears to be a quite attractive and nicely curved white female with long, golden hair.  Her tail is a little on the fluffy side, and both it and her ears have orange and purple stripes.  When in cat form, she appears as an orange tabby cat with purple stripes.

Position: Task Force

Living Arrangements: Argent opts to live in the living quarters provided for Sentinel members. 

Occupation: Occasionally bartends...she makes one hell of a Mai Tai.

Sexual Orientation:  Bisexual

Ons & Offs:  O/Os.  She also enjoys watching. 

Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California

Personality: Argent tends to be brash, and rather tomboyish.  She loves a good bar, a good fight, or just any combination thereof.  She also has a secret hobby of sculpting using her own bones as the base material. She is terrible with directions, and she tends to get lost very easily.  Can be somewhat goofy from time to time.  Tends to quickly pick and attach herself to one person, but can also easily brush off a crash from a failed relationship.  Rather perverse minded, and not afraid to speak it.  Can be rather headstrong and stubborn, and occasionally trigger happy.  She is EXTREMELY protective of anyone she gives a damn about, and isn't afraid of bashing the heads of people who mess with her loved ones in.

History: Argent's father was a member of the sentinel forces, and had gotten into a dalliance with a visiting cheshire cat.  While he had quickly fallen in love with her, she was not reciprocative of his feelings.  After a time, the cheshire became pregnant, and carried through with the childbirth.  Once she recovered from Argent being born, her mother gave her the true name that belonged to her, and then promptly requested a return home to Gaia.  While this broke her father's heart, he did get to keep and raise Argentina.  The two grew very close very quickly, and her father soon became to mean everything to the young half cheshire.

Argent was fairly well adored by the sentinel members in that area of California, growing up learning about everything just like any other child of a sentinel member would.  She showed more aptitude in the archery area, and during puberty began manifesting her powers a bit more.  It was tough to learn to control it all, but Argent managed to learn it in the end.  Things seemed to be progressing smoothly for her, both in terms of education and training, even despite the occasional moments that started up involving her going into heat.  She graduated at an average level as compared to the rest of her class, but she had made it through both the sentinel program and managed to get a bartender's license to boot...it was hard to tell which of the two accomplishments she was more proud of.  Nontheless, both were celebrated by her friends and father, who couldn't have been prouder of his little girl.

It was shortly after she graduated from the program at the age of twenty one that her father grew terminally ill with a very aggressive form of cancer.  Argent dropped everything to take care of him once he became unfit to continue serving as a sentinel...her daddy was her world, and it was very rough on her to watch him go through such a slow and painful death.  She did everything she could over the next two years to help him, including giving up her left kidney for him to be in less discomfort for his remaining days.  Even then, however, he eventually succumbed to the illness.  While he had passed away peacefully in his sleep, Argent was torn as to what to do.  While the sentinel members consoled her as best as they could, one of them made probably the most helpful suggestion she could have received.  Transfer to a different sentinel location, one where she didn't have memories that would haunt her.  Go through the rookie screening there, but above all else....keep her chin up, and don't let everything he sought to teach her, go to waste.  He reminded her that her father had loved her very much, and wouldn't want her to wallow in sorrow for the rest of her days.

After spending a few days mourning the passing of her father, she decided that perhaps following the man's advice was her best course of action.  She requested a transfer, and the gears were set in motion.  It wasn't long before she was on a bus heading to Highlands City...once she got there, she quickly headed to contact the sentinel group there, based on the directions she had been given to find them.  After a good seven hours of getting lost and wandering around town, she finally managed to find one of the contacts.  She was welcomed in, and after a brief re-orientation to the sentinel program, she began her rookie trial period, working as a bartender when she could on the side.  While it was a bit rough, she proved to be surprisingly competent and managed to work her way up to getting into the task force, a feat she knew her father would have been proud of.  It was not long after her acceptance into the force that she received a gift, one that had been held in reserve as a part of her late father's will.  It was a magically enchanted bow, one that he had gotten a friend to make shortly before falling ill, and one he had intended to give to her when she hit a certain milestone.  The Sentinel group had been holding on to it, and feeling that she had reached the benchmark he would have looked for, gave it to her.  Now, she continues to serve the Sentinel group to the best of her ability, and still does bartending on the side.

Family: A mother whose location is unknown, a deceased father, and an unknown amount of potential half siblings.

Special Abilities: Argent has two special talents.

Blinking: Argent can perform short distance teleportations, or blinks.  This is limited to an area of roughly thirty feet in any direction of Argent's current position when it is used.  The area of arrival cannot be occupied by anything other than air.  She has a limit to how rapidly she can use this without wearing herself out, and she can bring one person she is touching along for the ride if she chooses...though it tires her out much faster than if she uses it for herself only.

Osteokinesis: Argent can manipulate her own skeletal structure in rather unique ways.  Firstly, she can change the density of her bones, making them tougher and stronger (but heavier) or lighter (but more fragile).  This can be used to alter how quickly she can move or how hard it is to really hurt her, but at the cost of either evasion or toughness.  Secondly, she can alter the shape of her bones, and pull them out of her body.  This is somewhat painful to use, but allows her to use her bones as a variety of tools, such as pulling arrows out of her shoulder, shooting bone bits out of her fingertips like bullets, growing a set of claws out of her hands, or, as her preferred melee weapon of choice, a femur hammer.  While she does have a quite high tolerance for pain, using this ability too rapidly will lead to an inability to do much until some of the pain fades.  This can be especially potent if she makes the bones more dense as part of this process.  Lastly, bones she pulls out of her body regenerate rapidly enough that the only real penalties involved are the pain of ripping the object out of her body.  In addition, where broken bones are concerned, she can recover astonishingly quickly so long as the bones can be set and held in their proper place for a moment through either manual means or manipulation of placement.  She is skilled enough with this ability that she can avoid spilling her own blood in using it.  The downside of this power is that it can take a little bit of time to use this power, dependant on what it is she's trying to do with it.

Special artifact/item: Argent has on her person a ring that is magically attuned to her.  In using this ring, she can call forth a special bow named Reinefleche to her hand from an extradimensional pocket.  This pocket can also store up to thirty arrows that can be called to her other hand at will, regardless of whether they are normal or magical in nature.  Arrows fired from Reinefleche are normally charged with arcane energy, giving a general, all around boost to the damage, piercing capability, range, and speed of the arrow fired.  There are, however, three additional modes of fire.  The first is the only one that does not draw from this well of energy, and it allows her to cause her arrows to inflict nonlethal damage.  When firing in this 'mercy mode' as she calls it, the arrows explode into specialized arcane energy that causes her target to simply fall unconscious whenever they would normally have been killed.  Cumulative shots on the same target add up damage based on where she hits until they fall into the black oblivion of sleep.  The second is that she may forego the arcane enhancement in order to charge the arrow with elemental power, causing the arrow to deal fire, lightning, ice, or acidic damage.  She may only utilize one such element at a time.  The third is able to be combined with any of the other three, being that she is able to fire shots made of pure energy, as opposed to physically needing an arrow to shoot it.  In the case of the second and third modes, each shot draws on the same energy that she utilizes to use her Blink power.

Martial Skills: Argent is decidedly a dirty fighter, using everything usable at her disposal to get an upper hand in a fight.  She is not afraid to hurt herself if it means winning.  She often tries to use the element of surprise when and where she can, between her teleportation and surprise bone based attacks and/or manipulations.  In addition, she has learned some of the martial arts involving pressure points and makes frequent use of this as needed.  She favors a femur hammer for bringing the pain, wielding it in both hands when she's not using one to use dirty tricks with, such as throwing dirt in an opponent's face or aiming at pressure points.  However, her favored form of fighting is archery with a bow and arrows, with which she shows exceptional marksmanship.

Lady Sakura

EdwardShane

XD she is definitely a memorable character, if I do say so myself!  I gave her a few upgrades here and there since she's supposed to be more skilled than her rookie counterpart, hopefully I didn't go too far anywhere

Untamed Skies

EdwardShane

I don't have a name for her playby, sadly.  the image was found without a name via google images.

Untamed Skies

Hmm, we'll see if maybe we can track her down, give you a bigger range to work with

Lady Sakura

Lady Sakura

Untamed Skies

Allow me to introduce you to our first Anarch

Player Name:  Untamed_Skies

Character Name: Pharos (uncertain whether it is his first or last name, or even if it's his true name.)

Race/Lineage: Devil

Concealment:  His tattoo's have magic infused in them to make permanatly give him a human form.

Sex: Male

Physical Description: Pharos's human form is in his eyes perfectly carved. Muscles from head to toe, expresseve tattoos, tall and bulky. A form that is powerful, and a form intended to get a reaction. He keeps his head shaved, and enjoys alternating eye colors between his natural golden, and various greens and blues depending on his mood. Isn't incredibly fond of wearing lots of clothes, and generally shows off his forms as often as possible. (Sometimes appears allergic to shirts).

Faction: Anarchists

Goal: To keep Highlands City in the grip of fear so he can feed easier

Minions: Answers to a unknown binding contract, is open to some minions of his own though

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Ons & Offs: 
Ons: People with power, restraints, reluctance (enjoys the seduction), rough play, heavy raw emotion, other devils
Offs: None humanoids, males, easy prey, extreme bodily fluids

Place of Birth: Inferno

Living Arrangements: Moves from place to place around town, typically inns, but he has taken advantage of homes on vacation.

Personality: 
Antagonizing: Pharos has a habit of making assumptions of his guests, accusing them of motives or short comings. He enjoys getting a rise out of them, and enjoys leading them along to either turn them away or give them different information. He enjoys feeling the rise out of emotion, enjoys frustrating them specifically. While frustration and anger aren't emotions he feeds from he enjoys the feel of it, and he is likely to provoke those around him.

Seducer: All work and no play makes Pharos a dull boy, and Pharos makes sure he keeps plenty of time for pleasure. A strong desire and taste for the fairer sex ensures he is a flirt, and a shameless one at that. Just as quick as he is to be antagonistic he is just as quick to try and inspire a feeling of lust and desire. Lust is his favorite emotion (though once more not the one he feeds from), and he enjoys drawing it from women. Enjoys feeling their desire, their hesitation, their need.

Dependable: A devil always keeps his word. Despite a flare for rubbing people the wrong way, and a sometimes easily exploited appetite for women, Pharos has never gone back on a contract nor has he ever failed to produce. Whenever he agrees to a contract of any sort he follows it through to the letter. He is efficient and typically quick, not enjoying being bound to anyone. The work he accepts varies, sometimes it's information, sometimes it's physical, sometimes it's someone's dirty work, but it always gets done.

Meticulous: In work Pharos accounts for every detail from the great to the small. He is as thorough as one would expect to make a machine, every scheme, every action, everything he does has a exact purpose and keeping too his plans perfectly, whether the result he aims for is a success varies, but it is never a failure because of a inability to prepare, or because he got distracted and his timing was off. Pharos is careful and calculating, and plans for variables as he goes.

Illusive: Though Pharos enjoys talking and exchanges information regularly, information on who or what he is, is even harder to find. He drops hints, and bait for people to follow but most of it is misdirection. His answers on himself or his past (unless he's agree on a contract) is never direct and it's always carefully chosen. Pharos like all remaining devils have had to hide in order to survive in order to cover up his tracks, and he is very talented at covering his tracks.

History:

Pharos has lived a very long life, starting in Inferno. He was born to a powerful family of devils that had domain over a section of Inferno. But he didn't get to enjoy that life of luxury very long. Devils had grown arrogant in their power, and had suppressed and beaten down many under their reign. In Inferno, creatures prone to vice and freedom run rampant, to be unable to enjoy their vices, to have laws laid upon them meant to have conflict. Only the powerful rule in Inferno and devils became complacent, let themselves become weak off of comfort, and when the demons rebelled the devils had few among them strong enough to resist. Those that did didn't last long, and those foolish enough to try and cling to their power were destroyed every last one of them.

Pharos was young, and his lack of power was plenty motivation for him to hide instead of fight. He learned to conceal his appearance, and learned how to read emotions to sense aggressive personalities around him. Learned how to read situations to know when to attack or know when to relent. Pharos became a survivor when he was young, and became good at that trade. He was always alone, always working independently. Those who helped were simply tools to his survival. They needed to be, whenever it seemed his kind banded together they were torn apart and destroyed. So Pharos avoided his own kind, but it'd also be incorrect to say he felt hatred. Pharos understood what happened, why it happened, and understood that he needed to be clever, but he also needed power. The life of being a scavenger ended when Pharos slipped through a rift and found himself on Terra instead.

Pharos found the world of Terra fascinating, he was alone again and yet the creatures there were so very different so very naive. He spent centuries never coming into contact with a Sentinel member, simply entangling himself in the culture learning to understand it better. Pharos had deep fascinations with kings and rulers, nobles, cardinals, men of faith, anything that had influence and power. When he had the ability to get close he choose to do so. It was when he got too close to a vatican cardinal in the 1400s that he was finally exposed to Sentinel and was captured. To the surprise of Sentinel and perhaps himself he didn't resist. He was curious, he hadn't heard of these men, but they had influence they had the ability to make him disappear and as such he allowed himself to be their prisoner. Observing and striving to understand he began to speak to what was at the time called a "watcher," named Fatima Caito. For six months Pharos spoke with her, understanding her, and eventually found love with her. It wasn't a connection that went unnoticed, and despite Fatima's assurance that her guardian order was open minded they instead saw their connection as Pharos poisoning her and corrupting her. One night they opened the cell with the intent to kill him, but Fatima inteferred and was killed in the process.

Pharos felt rage for the first time, but he escaped. Choosing to linger within the city he began to focus on Sentinel instead of beings in power. Grew to understand how they hunted, what they looked for, and worked to find ways to conceal himself. Then one by one he laid traps for those that had killed his beloved Fatima, and one by one he killed each of them. It was elation, it was vindication, and while he couldn't admit that it satisfied the emptiness he felt, it did satisfy something else. When he had finished his work with the beings responsible for his pain he left Italy and traveled around Europe. It'd be there that Pharos met the first demon he had in centuries. This devil called himself Argos, and Argos was as interested in Pharos as Pharos was him. Argos was much older, and much more experienced on Terra, and began to teach Pharos how to better protect himself. They traveled together for fifty years before they parted ways, but Pharos learned a great and began to work as a spy, making himself invaluable to local powers, and making it harder during the time for Sentinel to get at him.

Though there was much noise about the new world, Pharos didn't travel overseas until the 1800s. It was a long journey and a dangerous one, Pharos needed a specific emotion to survive and could potentially starve to death on the ship, but eventually his curiosity got the better of him and he found a new home in the Americas. America had great conflict all through it's history with times of peace being far less then times of war. Even then as traveler moved west they faced constant threats, and made it ideal for Pharos to exist, the emotions he needed to survive were everywhere and he simply couldn't get enough of it. Pharos would constantly travel, never sticking around in areas too long. Then something unexpected happened, where as people of his kind of anything other then human had to hide, suddenly their existence was exposed to the world.

A whole new playground began, as fear ran rampant all over the world, but even in the areas he was in. The visitors feared the humans, the humans feared the visitors, the leaders feared losing control. For the first time Pharos had gotten to feel a world that catered to his whims. For the first time in as long as he could remember he didn't need to travel. Then little by little that fear began to fade, as the sides began to accumulate to each other, Pharos lost that sense of comfort and luxury, and the loss was troublesome to him. He had found a home in Highlands City, and then that home stopped being a home. He started needing to search for his necessities to survive. That frustrated him, but despite every stride there was something else growing, this time from the supernatural community. They desired freedom, and that desire lead to anger, lead to impulsive actions, lead to subjectivity. Pharos began to insight anger within the community. It wasn't much but every time a visitor created strife in the community, the community reacted harshly and in panic. Better yet Sentinel managed to select a corrupt monster of a man to serve as the Director of their headquarters in the town, and he made returned the town to the type of fear and animosity that had made it his home in the first place. Pharos got to enjoy another decade of being at home before it was fixed once more, but it seemed within the city the damage had been done.

Even as Sentinel moved to fix their terrible mistakes, a group of extremists desiring freedom took form, not willing to compromise, and willing to create war in order to have it. How could Pharos resist getting information to such a group, and for the two years after Barret being sacked Pharos dedicted himself to helping that group keep the tension within the city. After all the city was his home, and it simply didn't do to have that home destroyed would it? All creatures protected their homes with their lives, and Pharos would be no different.

Family:

None surviving the purge of Inferno

Special Abilities:
Empathy: Pharos can feel and feed off the emotions (fear) of others around them, as if it was a scent or a flavor on the wind. Without magic wards it is impossible to prevent him from feeling.

Soul Contract: Pharos can mark and bind a soul with a contract, meaning that if someone agress to signing the contract they lose the ability to betray their word, but Pharos must sign and can't betray his word either. (A devil always keeps his word....But so will you). At it's most powerful it means he can claim their souls. When that happen if the victim has magic talent (except for witches and their equivilent), Pharos can inehrit that peace of them.

Snare(gained from the soul of a Nymph): Has the ability to minipulate roots commonly used to act as snares and keep victims in place.

Darkness (gained from soul of demon): Has the ability to fill a room with unnatural darkness, that anything but a spell of light can't penetrate

Fire Body (Gained from Soul of Ifrit): Has the ability to adorn his body in flames and use such flames to attack and defend. While in fire body he possess all the weaknesses of the Ifrit race.

Healing Touch (gained from soul of an angel): Pharos can heal moderate wounds at the cost of reducing his immune system.

Strength of the Moon (Gained from soul of Lycan): Under the light of the full moon Pharos's powers and abilities grow, though as a result he has a weakness to silver. 

Special artifact/item:
Wears a ring that suppresses the ability to understand what plane he is from

Has a Bracelet that suppresses his ability to read emotions, (if he could read the emotion it'd be impossible not to react in someway, this is another trick to conceal his identity as a devil).

Martial Skills:
Skilled Martial Artist

Skilled with blades

Skilled with bindings