Space Samurai [L5R meets Star Wars]

Started by BigBuckBob, August 27, 2015, 08:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBuckBob

Sort of an interest check. I love L5R as a player, but don't know the lore and history well enough to run a game. So, send it to space with some strong star wars influence. But, the lore will not follow directly either one.

Essentially, make a L5R character. Certain aspects will be adjusted for sci-fi and space. Katana becomes lightsaber, clan lands become planets, The dragonfly inhabit a moon that orbits the Dragon home planet. Ronin travel in wandering transport ship colonies [like Tali'zorah from mass effect]  etc.

Feel free to make substitutions on character sheets for a space epic, but stay within the basic outline of the character.

If I can get reasonable interest, and you can keep the character creation process simple, I think it might work out.

40 xp to start. I will want the twenty questions before we get too far into the story, but not before submitting a character or even necessarily, before we start.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Marie Reynolds

Hey just thought I'd let you know in one of the source books they do have a Rokugan in space write up. If you want i can go digging and find out which one for you? At least  for 4th edition they did.

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

BigBuckBob

My ideas are so good, they retroactively already exist. However, i do not have that book, so homebrew. Unless someone else decides to run it
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ZephySempai

Would someone completely unfamiliar with L5R be at a disadvantage when it comes to character creation and participating in the game? For example, if I were to make a completely original character, is there any crucial information I would have to know, like the different clans, state affairs, rivalries and that sort of stuff? I've been interested in playing a samurai for a little while now so I'd definitely be interested in this game if its simple enough to wrap my head around.

BigBuckBob

One of the main reasons I was excited by the idea is because I only have a thin understanding of the rivalries and clan heritage and other such major background information. So I would need to post my own 'State of the Empire' to get everyone on the same page.

If it gets made I will provide links to the Code of Bushido, the Twenty Questions, and a character creator.  And if you behave odd in character, I'll send you a pm to let you know what society would expect, to see if you are deliberately thwarting societal norms or just unclear.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?