News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Re: Murder on the Elliquiy Express: European Tours: Day 4

Started by Pixilicious, July 19, 2010, 09:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

Ryven perks up at the mention of a hookah.  "A hookah, you say?  Could I join you in partaking of a bit of smoking?"  He said to the lovely Marg.

Marguerite

Quote from: Ryven on July 24, 2010, 04:19:12 PM
Ryven perks up at the mention of a hookah.  "A hookah, you say?  Could I join you in partaking of a bit of smoking?"  He said to the lovely Marg.

"Why of course Ryven and Eden was kind enough to give me a few different flavored tobacco. I am thinking peppermint but she also gave me pumpkin spice. You can choose since I hope to get through the bags in the next few days of the trip," she answered, nodding to Ryven.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ryven

"Peppermint sounds just divine right about now.  Please, if you will prepare the pipe, I will go fetch some tea to accompany."  He said rather excitedly before leaving the compartment to procure a selection of teas.

Marguerite

Clapping her hands, Marguerite was delighted to enjoy a spot of tea and a pipe with Ryven. She was sad though for Eden would have wanted to partake in the tea sipping as well. "Damn that vemin for having to clean up the scandal in Brussels," she muttered, shaking her head before she went off to prepare the pipe to smoke.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Sir Wolfgang

The comment from Sasha caused the good Sir to blush as they danced, and his mind wandered to a very inappropriate place indeed.

"Well," he said with a grin, "My grandfather's name was Wolfgang, and it sort of stuck. You're quite the dance partner as well." The song ended, and the man bowed, kissing his partner's hand softly, mischief sparkling in his grey-blue eyes.

"Thank you for the marvelous dance, my dear," he said, smiling. "For now, though, I fear I must return to my cabin for the evening; I must catch up on my writing." He turned, picking up his small box with a toss and a catch, and departed towards his cabin.

Upon his arrival to the spacious room, he stowed his bag and quickly changed into his pajamas. He needed to finish a few more pages of his book tonight. Settling in a comfy armchair, he set his notebook on his lap, and began writing, humming quietly to himself.

Sasha

Oh a kiss to the hand ...after such a lovely dance . One's heart beats to a strange rhythm and a sweet sigh escapes as the Sasha watches the backside of that wonderful man . Such a nice sway of profound ...umm umm umm.  Well now back to that second drink that was ordered as the woman lifts it up . " To a wonderful Trip .."  toasting to those remaining .

Heading over to sit near the musician if Aiden was still playing ...as she could always nibble on his ear or something . Least she wanted to nibble on his ear as the warmth of her buzz grew ..the excitement of the trip all the work in packing seemed to of played off quite well .  The lull of the sound of the train as it went down the tracks and the beautiful countryside .

Yawning ...she smiled at Aiden . " Thank-you for the beautiful music ....you do seem to have many talents  to unveil . " Tipping the drink back ...with a smile , winking flirt ....as it seemed time to turn into her carriage . As she did indeed wonder whom all would share the carriage with her . Hopefully a bit of small talk to get to know them all . As she climbed up in a top bunk ...such beautiful women  to be in the company with . Not to mention the masked man that held the Sasha's interest ..such details in the design.

Imogen

She always tried to be in time, but somehow there was always something that prevented her from arriving before the party started. There was a shoe missing - found later under the bed, or she had forgotten to bring the exact change to pay the driver, or she had misplaced her ticket. Or, on a bad day, all of those conspired to delay her. She had seen the black outline of the Elliquiy Express in the distance but the platform seemed so long and her shoes weren't made for running. Her skirts flared as she forgot all decorum and ran towards the last carriage.

As the whistle sounded, she leapt onto the footboard, extending her hands to a stranger. She was hauled aboard just as a shock vibrated through the train and the Elliquiy Express set in motion. "Thank you", she stammered, throwing a look over her shoulder to the station until the train rounded a corner and she could no longer see the platform nor the cart that contained her luggage. James would take care of that, she hoped, but it wasn't a true concern. She had her pencils, she had paper and she was HERE, on board the Elliquiy Express for the journey of a lifetime, and that was all that mattered.

When she arrived at the dining area, she was directed to a table where a package with her name on it already awaited her arrival. The gold key was met with smiles and she held it up to the candle light, admiring the soft glow of the precious metal. Her scrutiny was interrupted by the lovely Pixilicious and Imogen listened with breathless anticipation. "The Ural Mountains?" She exclaimed happily. "Isn't that in Russia? Oh, I hope I will have time to sketch!"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Aiden

am-e7 spanish guitar looping John H. Clarke live from the guitarCAM

His hands had been playing the majority of the evening and he was starting to feel the ache in his fingers, even he needed time to rest but as he saw Sasha sway over his way he had a feeling his masterful hands were not done that evening. The final song of the night began to play, a fast paced song that perhaps reflected his own blossoming eagerness to chase after her.
"Thank you...good night..."
He simply mumbled with a bottle of liquor in hand and a salute to the passengers, his prize guitar left on the stand for another day. Aiden had every intention on bringing out that naughty Sasha out that evening, she was always fun for a "romp in the hay".

Kaizen

Quote from: Sasha on July 25, 2010, 05:19:32 PM
" To a wonderful Trip .."  toasting to those remaining .

Kaizen raised his glass with the woman's toast and polished off the contents of his glass.  Nodding a good evening to those he passed, Kaizen retired for the evening.

Upon arriving at his assigned carriage he met the others that were given matching golden keys to the cabin.  He nodded greeting them and making introductions.

Barnbean

As if a life wasn't comedic enough while strutting around with a name like Barnbean, it seemed that he was destined for a much more stooge-esque existence. At least that was how it felt as he realized that being fashionably late may have been a grand thing if you were attending a fancy gala or a ball or even a drunken frat party, but when it came to catching a train, late meant you were moments from being left behind at the station. Cursing all things conductorial and wondering why anyone even rode in a train anymore when the relative luxury of things like stage coaches and hay wagons were available... sarcasm yay.... he raced along to the train with images of it having pulled away already in his mind.

Glad to see that the train had not left him and that he would not need to twirl his invisible mustache and snarl before devising a plan to ride one of those silly up and down motion train carts as he desperately chased down a little red caboose, Barnbean boarded the mythical... albeit far from mythical, it just sounded better than slow and clunky... train. Resisting the urge to utter some stoogey dialogue and become the comic foil of life, he slipped past people as he tried to find his assigned carriage.

Starlequin

'Quin finished the last of his scotch and sat the glass down on the bar. He returned to his seat and grabbed his box and key, determining to introduce himself to the other passengers tomorrow. For now, he was surprisingly tired, and decided to adjourn to his own carriage. 'Let's see...B2. Bingo!' He thought to himself as he made his way through the lounge toward the sleeping cars. 'Wonder who my bunkmates will be tonight? Please, please, please, don't let them all be beautiful women, I'll be too shy to say a word...' He reached the lounge door, mentally kicking himself. 'What kind of attitude is that?! What's wrong with me? I'm on one of the most luxurious trains on the planet, on vacation to exotic locales and all that. If now's not the perfect chance to be someone I'm not for a little while, I don't know what is...'

Starlequin plastered a smile on his face and stepped into B Carriage, fishing out his key and unlocking his suite. 'Oh, stars....it's bigger than my apartment!'
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile hurried along the platform taking one or two quick glances over her shoulder to make sure the porter was following closely with her luggage.  Of all the days for a breakdown it would have to be this day when she was anxious to be on time.  And then the traffic!  It had been a nightmare and she had nearly died thinking they wouldn't make the train.  She'd have had a coronary if that had happened.  She had made it with time to spare and hurried to board leaving the porter to deal with her luggage, find her carriage assignment and deliver her bags. 

Silk dress and cashmere coat swirling around her knees Beguile burst into the lounge breathless and excited. 

"Hello, all my fellow passengers," she cried to the room at large and divested herself of her outer garments dropping them carelessly over a vacant seat.  She gave an order for a Black Russian to a passing waiter as looked around the room.  She was curious to see of she knew any of the other passengers.   However, before she could complete that task she was distracted by the waiter delivering her drink and a handsome carved box.  She took the box from the tray, motioning for the waiter to set the drink on a nearby table.  Upon opening the tiny casket she discovered a golden key and the designation of her suite for the night.  With a smile she pocketed the key and the note and sat the wooden box on top of her coat then picked up her drink and took a healthy swallow.

Sasha

QuoteStarlequin plastered a smile on his face and stepped into B Carriage, fishing out his key and unlocking his suite. 'Oh, stars....it's bigger than my apartment!'

Sasha smiled at the man coming in .... " Are you sure ? "   as she giggled and hung her hat up on a nail . " My name is Sasha ....tis a pleasure to meet you ....so do love your mask . It is so ....well sexy comes to mind . "   giving him a little wink . " I called the top bunk ....you should take the bottom in case I roll out of bed ...then you can catch me . "

Laughing some ...then as she hung up her magical hat well there was nothing magical about it really . One just liked to think so . " So is this your first time traveling on a train , going to Europe ....I am rather excited about everything . "   as Sasha climbed up into the Top Bunk .

Starlequin

"Meep! I mean, er...why, hello there!" 'Quin said with a startled grin, blushing a little under his mask. He'd forgotten he was wearing it, actually, but he was quite relieved to know it still looked...well, probably not 'fashionable', but at least one person liked it!

"Oh, my name is Starlequin, but you can call me 'Quin. Everyone does...or well, no, they don't, but they can! I mean, er, I don't mind if...oh, yeah, sure, the top bunk, um, help yourself! I mean, I'll be glad to catch you. Not that I'd be chasing you or anything, of course not, I meant if you fell! I mean, I won't be just waiting for you to fall, that would be rude, but if you did..."

'Quin felt like he was watching a horror show as he listened to himself gibbering like an idiot in front of the beautiful woman. 'Ah, there's that natural charm, eh 'Quin? As ever, smooth as a bag of gravel, you are. What are you gonna do for an encore, pelt her with a donut and sing folk tunes? For the love of night, shut up while she still thinks you're only a moron!'

At length, he finally managed to shut his mouth and take a slow, deep breath. It was alright, this wasn't the first first impression he'd ever scrubbed, but he was reasonably sure he could still come off as...well, not 'cool', certainly, but definitely 'likeable'. He took a quick second to marshal his words into something a little less chaotic than his first attempt at conversation had been, and nodded agreeably.

"Um, yes, this is my first train trip. I've never been to Europe, but from the look of things it should be a really great trip! Have you, er, I mean, is this your first time on the E.E.?"
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sasha

Sasha folded her hands in front of her ...now Quin was just too cute ..as he stuttered and stammered about trying to pick his words . Nervous little fellow wasn't he . Quivering and shaking ...with such a delightful , darling ...oh the thoughts that rolled through her head at that moment . Trying to remember ..pg13 ...pg13 .  With a drawn in deep breath and a heavy sigh .

When the poor man finished what else could one do really but lean down and give him a kiss on the cheek . A soft little lingering peck . As the woman pulled back with a smile her other hand ran down his chin .. " Your just too cute , Quin ...so glad to share a carriage with you . Do try to relax ...I promise no one will bite you too hard anyways . Wonder who all else will be joining us this night ."  giving him a wink .

As she needed to get some sleep really ..but laid awake as her mind filled with all the wonderful sights they might get to see . The company to be shared on this train ...never having been to Europe this seemed like winning the lottery to her and she was full of bottled up excitement .

Pixilicious

Pixilicious stepped into the dining carriage promptly at 8AM the next morning.  Much to her delight and surprise, she saw that there were many passengers who looked like they had not even retired for the night.  She was happy that they were having fun and bonding considerably with each other.

However, that happiness would not last long as she remembered her reason for being in the carriage that early in the morning.  It seemed that there was a good bit of sad news that she had to deliver to her passengers this morning.

There had been a death on board the train during the night.
Valerian had been found in her bunk this morning, cold and dead, an empty syringe sticking out of the vein in her neck.  The security on board the train weren't able to find anything that might lead to who might have done such a horrible thing to Pixilicious' darling Train Conductor, and the company that she worked for was busy finding a replacement for the rest of the trip, that they would pick up at their next stop.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the young Concierge said, her voice somber.  "It is my regret to inform you that there has been a death last night.  Valerian, whom some of you have already met, was found murdered in her suite this morning.  As of the present time, security is investigating this matter.  If anyone has any information that they might find helpful in this investigating, they are urged to come forward.  It is a sad loss, and she will be missed greatly..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your first post in this thread, following this message, please choose someone from the following list, whom you feel is responsible for Valerian's murder.  The person with the most votes, will unfortunately come to an end of their journey with the Elliquiy Express.

Current List of Players:
Alxnjsh
Ariadne
Barnbean
Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kaizen
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Random Civilian
Remiel
Ryven
Sasha
Sir Wolfgang
Spell
Starlequin

Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Ryven

After a lovely night smoking the hookah and drinking tea, he awoke to find the rather ghastly news.  They were now without a train conductor.  Someone must pay the price.

"Well, I think Beguile's Mistress had something to do with it.  She was in the same carriage, after all."  He said as he drank his morning tea.

Sir Wolfgang

Wolfgang sat at a table near a window, sipping a cup of coffee when Pixi announced the news of Valerian's tragic demise.

"That Starlequin certainly seemed like a suspicious character to me," he muttered, before burying his nose back in his notebook. "Particularly since they were in the same carriage as she was."

Imogen

Imogen interrupted her sketching of Wolfgang's profile, several tables away from her own seat when Pixi arrived with the terrible news. "Murder?" She stuttered. "Here?" Her pencil clattered to the table and she rubbed her hands nervously. "I can't believe it!"  She overheard Wolfgang's comment and looked towards the door, anxious for new arrivals. "That Beguile's Mistress seemed like the sneaky type", she mused. "It's all in the shape of the eyes."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Pixilicious

Votes:
Beguile's Mistress: 6
Sasha:3
Starlequin:4

Not Yet Voted:  Random Civilian
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

HockeyGod

alxnjsh shook his head. "What a pity, Valerian had such a promising career in the circus." Eyes wandered to him quixotically. "Oh, didn't you know? She was in charge of polishing the sword swallower's sword." He took a sip from his decaf coffee. "I wouldn't want to be put in a carriage with Starlequin. That rap sheet has got to be pages long."

Ryven

He nearly spits his tea across the room upon hearing alx's comments, but after composing himself he eyes the man with a smirk.  "Would you care to join me in my compartment for breakfast?"  A grin played across his lips.

HockeyGod

alxnjsh set down his coffee cup and thought for a moment. His eyes moved around the room. "Um...why yes...yes I would." He stood up, linked an arm in Ryven's and the two made off to enjoy the company.

Barnbean

"A murder most foul..." Barnbean muttered to himself as he heard the murmurs starting to sprout up everywhere. It was yet another reason why a hay wagon was better that traveling by train. Horses didn't jump you in your sleep and kill you. Hay bales sat motionless and unless you had allergies you weren't about to get killed by one. But on a train? Well only lunatics and conductors rode trains. And you couldn't trust either of them.

Barnbean laughed lightly to himself and shook his head. Quoting Agatha Christie, debating if hay could kill. He was losing his mind... or at least that was how he figured he would look. The fact he had little mind to lose? Well he was laughing to himself after a murder. And only one person should laugh after a murder. The murderer. And that wasn't him, it was someone else, someone shifty and murderer-y. Someone like Sasha.

Ariadne

Ariadne had stayed up all night simply listening. Listening to the music, the quiet banter and well...just everything. When Pixi arrived to tell them that there had been a death, Ari was just about to head to her assigned carriage to try and sleep before addressing the matter of clothing. The news made her rethink her plans. She ordered another coffee and some breakfast instead deciding maybe it was better and perhaps safer to stay in the lounge carriage.

As she sipped her coffee -which was actually more chocolate than anything with the amount of creamer she dumped into it -she thought about Ryven's declaration that Beguile's Mistress might have something to do with it. It seemed a logical conclusion to come too although that meant that anyone else in the carriage might have had something to do with it as well. With a sigh Ariadne sat back wondering if she would ever be able to take a trip somewhere and simply be able to enjoy it.

I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing