Variety of long-term Roleplays wanted (M for F)

Started by jaimey, July 10, 2011, 11:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaimey

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a partner who might want to roleplay some longer stories with me. I tend to be someone who is very attracted to "episodic" storytelling- meaning that I like establishing a universe and playing with the characters through story arcs.

What I'm seeking, essentially, is a creative mind who would like to plan out a universe and create stories on an on-going basis. "Episodes" can be as long or as short as need be, but the key component is obviously a creative mind who is willing to see a character grow continually. I like my episodes to have a beginning and an end, which keeps me interested in a character and allows for some clever play with time and linearity.

In any case, I'm looking for someone who would be in it for a longer run. Without getting into too many specifics, here are a few of my ideas:

Love and Death:-
Demons live among humans, even though the human race hasn't figured that out yet. They take on disguises, live out lives of sin, and generally seek to cause any havoc, strife, or hardship they can. They feast on their spirit, and cultivate their anguish. One man, however, sees through their facade, and he wants to end them. He takes it upon himself to destroy all demons, and using a bit of magic and a lot of gunpowder, he just might do it. The only problem is that he never suspected he might honestly fall in love with one.

The Final Frontier:
Man was never meant to make it to the Moon. Nevertheless, that's just where he went- and centuries later, that's where he was exiled. Abandoned on a penile colony on the Moon for a crime he may or may not have committed, a man finds a way to escape his prison into the cosmos- with the warden's daughter in tow. Fugitives, the two explore the heavens together- for better or for worse- and find out that maybe prison would have been the safer option.

New Humans:
The setting is Earth in the year 2013. The world was supposed to end on December 21, 2012, as Mayan culture had suggested, but what wasn't expected was that the world would continue on, just under a reborn cycle of creation. On December 21, a handful of individuals across the globe spontaneously developed powers far beyond those of mortal men. Those randomly chosen by the fates began to discover their new abilities in the following weeks, resulting in a New Year's explosion as a man with nuclear power loses all control in Paris and explodes, decimating the city and startling its inhabitants.

The United Nations in turmoil and the threat of open war in Europe causes a group of three charismatic individuals to speak up, revealing that they spontaneously received "gifts," causing them to become the world's first recognized superhuman individuals. After laborious talks, the three individuals, known to the world collectively as the Voice, manage to subvert calls for war instead for a call to action identifying New Humans (the name for those individuals with the "gift") in an effort to neutralize those that could potentially destroy the world. Thus, the Voice begins a search to find new members to help enforce new laws governing the movement and action of New Humans.

Random cravings w/out specific plots:
Superheroes/Villains
Original Sci-Fi
Questing Fantasy
Swords 'n Sorcery

If you are interested in any of these stories, please PM me. Don't post in this thread, it tends to jumble things up, and I'd like to be able to keep it clean.

jaimey

Added a status update and "New Humans" story. If interested, PM.

jaimey

Recently came back, am interested in opening new stories with those that desire to do so. PM if interested!

jaimey