Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

Welp. I lost the sheet I was making my Stronghold in. Now I have to more or less start over... Fun~

Anyway. I think I missed this. Do we get a Cohort AND followers? or is it OR?
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Kolbrandr

Quote from: who149 on April 04, 2013, 01:07:12 PM
Welp. I lost the sheet I was making my Stronghold in. Now I have to more or less start over... Fun~

Anyway. I think I missed this. Do we get a Cohort AND followers? or is it OR?

Leadership gives you both, unless you just want the one.

Anon315

*is a lowly commoner, but will soon have at least 1/3 of you bending to his will. Or at least hunched over and chained to the ground in manacles and fetters, being broken to his will. It's a long process*

I'm eagerly anticipating the start of this campaign, knowing it's still a long way off. Should we create an OOC thread to banter in so we're not filling the actual recruitment thread with all this off-topic nonsense? Or rather, on-topic but out of character nonsense?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Anon315 on April 04, 2013, 02:08:34 PM
*is a lowly commoner, but will soon have at least 1/3 of you bending to his will. Or at least hunched over and chained to the ground in manacles and fetters, being broken to his will. It's a long process*

I'm eagerly anticipating the start of this campaign, knowing it's still a long way off. Should we create an OOC thread to banter in so we're not filling the actual recruitment thread with all this off-topic nonsense? Or rather, on-topic but out of character nonsense?

First off I wonder if even should you begin to equal us ,or even surpass, us in level. We aren't exactly the idle rich here. You have a favorable xp chart but we have resources of our own to keep the rabble in their place.

ALso I second we should open a thread.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Anon315

If I win initiative, I have a 40% chance of beating a level 12 in the first round.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Anon315 on April 04, 2013, 03:45:45 PM
If I win initiative, I have a 40% chance of beating a level 12 in the first round.

Aren't you the swashbuckler?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I will open OOC thread tomorrow. GW2 calls....

Anon315

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 04, 2013, 04:00:41 PM
Aren't you the swashbuckler?

LOL. No, I'm an Oracle. Why on earth would I do a Daring Outlaw build in 3.P?

Re Z L

Quote from: Anon315 on April 04, 2013, 04:53:33 PM
LOL. No, I'm an Oracle. Why on earth would I do a Daring Outlaw build in 3.P?

Those silly Oracles, thinking they're sooooo powerful  ;D
A&A

Anon315

Quote from: Re Z L on April 04, 2013, 05:04:12 PM
Those silly Oracles, thinking they're sooooo powerful  ;D

"Umm... hi. Level 12? Ah, good. Color spray. What? No, you're not stunned for 1 round. You're blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round. And you can bet I'll CDG you in that time frame if I can't contain you somehow."

Heavens Oracle. Making level 1 spells matter as long as they want to.

Kunoichi

Anon315

Kolbrandr

Quote from: Anon315 on April 04, 2013, 05:06:51 PM
"Umm... hi. Level 12? Ah, good. Color spray. What? No, you're not stunned for 1 round. You're blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round. And you can bet I'll CDG you in that time frame if I can't contain you somehow."

Heavens Oracle. Making level 1 spells matter as long as they want to.

I was kind of hoping this game would go into play for a little while before it devolved into a who can cheese out their character the hardest contest.

Anon315

Cheese? Good sir, I am far from the limits of cheese. That's just one of the most useful abilities a heavens oracle has. I can also make armor out of starlight and make solid foot-bridges out of moonlight. I just love the fact that that you can color spray stuff above 5 HD and have it MEAN SOMETHING.

Kolbrandr

Zaer Darkwail

*takes GM hammer*

Okay, I now order all of you stop bragging anything what your chars are capable of doing. May it be spell, class feature, stronghold, followers, skills or saves. Anything.

Or else I close this thread and game will not happen. As I do not tolerate 'dick measurement' through char builds, especially when game haven't even started yet nor OOC thread started.

You can say your happy about your char and talk about backgrounds or past epic deeds your char have done and so forth. But not rule mechanic shenanigans talk.

Reason is simply that there are folks who optimize less than some others and any such talks simply makes players quit/scared as they feel they get no fun in the game if people troll around with their 'top optimized char builds'. If someone wants build advice is free to ask but any given advices happen via PM's.

So please, stop it.

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 04, 2013, 05:28:44 PM
*takes GM hammer*

Okay, I now order all of you stop bragging anything what your chars are capable of doing. May it be spell, class feature, stronghold, followers, skills or saves. Anything.

Or else I close this thread and game will not happen. As I do not tolerate 'dick measurement' through char builds, especially when game haven't even started yet nor OOC thread started.

You can say your happy about your char and talk about backgrounds or past epic deeds your char have done and so forth. But not rule mechanic shenanigans talk.

Reason is simply that there are folks who optimize less than some others and any such talks simply makes players quit/scared as they feel they get no fun in the game if people troll around with their 'top optimized char builds'. If someone wants build advice is free to ask but any given advices happen via PM's.

So please, stop it.

Agreed~

And if anyone does want any help with character options or build ideas I'm happy to help  ;D
A&A

Anon315

If anyone wants to plot, I'm up for that. And my services can potentially be sold to the best offer from a foreign nation.

Re Z L

Oh boy, character history completed~

The only thing that isn't finished is the Cohort, but that can probably wait.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169678.msg7986163#msg7986163
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, btw Re Z L. I allow the catgirl cohort in that basis she is your creation from normal feline cat which was top of that awakened. Also pic makes her look like 'dark elf with cat ears' :P. But weird approach but okay.

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 04, 2013, 07:19:32 PM
Oh, btw Re Z L. I allow the catgirl cohort in that basis she is your creation from normal feline cat which was top of that awakened. Also pic makes her look like 'dark elf with cat ears' :P. But weird approach but okay.

Sounds good!

I'll flesh her out a bit more later on then
A&A

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 04, 2013, 07:19:32 PM

Since I don't get a cohort or an army for obvious reasons, what would be some fun perks for me?

I am half way tempted to start in a city, that way I accidentally create a religion/harem, which is more of an annoyance for me since it interrupts my vacationing. Something like a small independent organization/cult that keeps stalking me and murdering anyone that displeases me. Like how a masseuse just wasn't quite good enough for my standards, so next morning the town guard finds him out on the street with his back broken and his head shoved up his own butt.

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you get to be ghaele :P. But seriously though you could have traveling companion (a another celestial) with you. Followers would be harder to deal with (probably growing number of fans). Landlord replacement again harder to do as your so mobile (and disconnected from all nations politics and disconnected from planar sources what you normally would have).

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 04, 2013, 07:45:03 PM
Well, you get to be ghaele :P. But seriously though you could have traveling companion (a another celestial) with you. Followers would be harder to deal with (probably growing number of fans). Landlord replacement again harder to do as your so mobile (and disconnected from all nations politics and disconnected from planar sources what you normally would have).

Haha, like an Imp following her around that's been geased to do what she says
A&A

NicciKotor

I could stumble across a bard that takes a fancy to me and latches onto me as my cohort. I wouldn't have her right away since there is story there that needs to be developed. The sort of girl that knows where all the really fruity parties are and the general information of the place that I am utterly clueless about.

Basically a girl version of Ford Prefect.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy