Scion - Saga Of An Age Undreamed Of

Started by HairyHeretic, March 20, 2016, 11:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopeFox

Okay, here's what I've got!

Lady Caitlin Ceara "Cuckoo" Laine, daughter of the Morrigan

Name: Lady Caitlin Ceara Laine
Nickname: Cuckoo
Divine Parent: The Morrigan (Tuatha De Danaan)
Nature: Bravo
Calling: Fertile Warrior

Background:

Lady Caitlin Ceara Laine, or "Cuckoo" Laine, was born into the family of the Earl of Carrick, the third of four daughters, with two brothers. Lord Carrick was not her father, though - her "father" is the Irish goddess called the Morrigan, who took a male form to seduce Lady Carrick. Lord Carrick has forgiven his wife for her infidelity, but has not forgiven the Morrigan for the seduction. The Morrigan cares little for Lord Carrick's forgiveness.

The Carrick estate in Tipperary, Ireland, gains much of its wealth from its dairy farms, many of which are leased to tenant farmers. Cuckoo took an interest in dairy farming from a very young age, spending most of her free time out in the pastures, playing with the cows and learning how to care for them. The rest of her time was spent on getting into fights at school - sometimes fighting bullies to protect their victims, sometimes just picking fights for the hell of it.

As Cuckoo grew to become a young adult, her strength and her beauty blossomed equally. The more cruel of the girls at school said she had the body of a cow (when she couldn't hear them), and her great height, broad shoulders, wide hips and huge bust seemed to prove them right. She could wrestle a hardy farm labourer to the ground with ease, wrangle an unruly bull just as easily, and haul a full load of produce across the estate without breaking a sweat. Her appetite for violence was matched only by her appetite for sex, and by the age of seventeen she was pregnant with the child of one of the tenant farmers, whom she had seduced with little regard for his wife.

On the day Cuckoo discovered she was pregnant, the Morrigan appeared to her in the form of a white heifer. She told her that she was her child, and thus inherited her divine nature of war and fertility. Like many other Scions, this news was not as surprising to Cuckoo as it should have been. The Morrigan granted Cuckoo several gifts, bade her to become a mighty hero, and departed.

Cuckoo heeded the Morrigan's words. Since her Visitation, she has battled against mortal thugs and oppressors, the servants of the Titans, and whatever creatures were wicked enough to threaten her people or unlucky enough to catch her in a bad mood. She has borne two more children - one from an Irish politician she particularly admired, the other from an Unseelie aes sidhe she once fought - and left them in Tipperary for her parents to raise while she quested.

Personality:

Cuckoo fights hard and plays hard. She rarely bides her tongue (or her fists) when she sees injustice or cruelty, but also starts fights over minor insults or simply for the sake of the fight. She can be cruel when her temper is roused, but takes her role as hero and protector seriously, and can be very compassionate, particularly towards farmers or pregnant women. She also rarely reins in her lust, when the desire for a particular man takes her, and rarely lets a wife's objections sway her.

Cuckoo lacks the emotional coldness of many Scions of the Morrigan, as she follows her cow aspect rather than her raven aspect. She does not lurk around battlefields after the battle is over, save to assist in the burial of anyone who has no comrades to bury them. She is a creature of war and fertility - the Morrigan's other Scions can handle death and omen-reading.

Appearance:

Cuckoo is a huge woman, standing 6'1" tall, with massively broad shoulders and muscles that would put a steroid-abusing bodybuilder to shame. Her huge breasts and wide hips mark her as a woman of great fertility. She has long, flaming red hair and bright green eyes. She always wears a long white cloak trimmed with swan feathers, sometimes clasped in front to serve as a kirtle or kilt. If she wears anything else, it is usually a slate-grey T-shirt or blouse and either jeans or a knee-length skirt. She goes barefoot when she can.

When her divine beauty is active, Cuckoo is immensely desirable. Her breasts sit high on her chest in spite of her three pregnancies to date, and the cant of her hips invites men to bed her. Her hair shines in the ambient light, and her eyes are gleaming emerald orbs.

When Cuckoo displays her fearsome aspect, she is hideous to behold. Her lips contort into a feral snarl, her hands form into hoof-like fists that promise violence, and her breasts sag like a harpy's.

Character sheet

Divine parent alterations: Swap Marksmanship for Presence, swap Death for Health

Attributes:

Strength 5 (Epic 2)
Dexterity 2 (Epic 2)
Stamina 5 (Epic 2)
Charisma 3
Manipulation 2
Appearance 5 (Epic 2)
Perception 3
Intelligence 2
Wits 3

Abilities:

Animal Ken 3
Art (Singing, Storytelling) 2
Athletics 3
Brawl 5
Command 2
Empathy 2
Fortitude 4
Integrity 1
Medicine 3
Melee 5
Presence 5
Survival 2
Thrown 1

Virtues:

Courage 5
Expression 2
Intellect 2
Piety 3

Knacks:

Epic Strength: Uplifting Might, Holy Bound
Epic Dexterity: Lightning Sprinter, Fast as Thought
Epic Stamina: Raging Bull, Raise Your Glass
Epic Appearance: Visage Great and Terrible, Dreadful Mien, Do Not Want

Boons:

Animal (Cattle): Animal Communication, Animal Command
Enech: Brehon's Eye, Hero's Geas
Health: Assess Health, Blessing of Health
War: Blessing of Bravery, Battle Cry

Birthrights:

Relic 5: Bull Spear of the Morrigan. This is a spear (+1 Accuracy, +3L Damage) tipped with a pair of sharpened bull's horns. It grants the wielder access to the Animal (Cattle) and War purviews, adds the wielder's Legend in dice to Dexterity + Melee rolls, and can strike targets up to the wielder's Legend times 5 yards away. It can shrink on command to become a pair of miniature horns on a leather thong.
Relic 3: Swan Cloak of Aengus. This is a long cloak, trimmed with white swan feathers, that can be worn on the back, or clasped in front to wear as a kirtle. It grants the wearer access to the Health purview, and adds the wearer's Legend as dice to Presence rolls.
Relic 1: Undry Flask. This is a hip flask that appears to be made of cast iron. It is always full of Irish whiskey of moderate quality.

Legend: 3 (Legend points 9)

Willpower: 8

Dodge DV: 6
Unarmed Parry DV: 6
Armed Parry DV: 6

Bashing soak: 7
Lethal soak: 5
Aggravated soak: 2

Armor: None

Geasa:

Legendary Sword geas, from Hero's Geas boon
Ability (Presence) Lover's geas, tied to Health purview

Bonus points and XP

Bonus points:

Brawl 4 (1)
Brawl 5 (1)
Melee 4 (1)
Melee 5 (1)
Presence 4 (1)
Presence 5 (1)
Birthright (Bull Spear) 3 (1)
Birthright (Bull Spear) 4 (2)
Birthright (Bull Spear) 5 (2)
Birthright (Undry Flask) 1 (1)
Courage 5 (3)

Total: 15 bonus points spent

XP awarded:

24/3/2016: Character creation: 50

XP spent:

Character creation:

Dexterity 2 (4 XP)
Manipulation 2 (4 XP)
Intelligence 2 (4 XP)
Enech 1 (3 XP)
Enech 2 (4 XP)
Epic Strength 2 (4 XP)
Epic Appearance 2 (4 XP)
Epic Stamina 2 (5 XP)
Epic Dexterity 2 (5 XP)
Art 2 (2 XP)
Expression 2 (3 XP)
Intellect 2 (3 XP)
Knack: Do Not Want (5 XP)

Total: 50 XP spent

If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

DeviantMunster

Hrm hrm! Looks like we had several combat ideas whirling about, gasp!

Edit: Consider Fortitude to be 3, I oopsed I think. And I -think- I have 1 bonus point left.
I'll re-upload the character sheet as 'perfect' if everything else is dandy.

HopeFox

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 24, 2016, 03:24:11 AM
Hrm hrm! Looks like we had several combat ideas whirling about, gasp!

Well, we Tuatha do like our fighting! It looks like the various combatants are different enough in personality that I think we'll all contribute to being a fun Band, though.

DeviantMunster

Certainly! Lotsa women too, I think! Since we're joining the current group... Think they're both warriors too!
*gasp*

Anyway, Harry! I have a question. Is there going to be any house ruling for Parrying? I know Untouchable Opponent got a nerf, but wonder if Parrying's going to be house ruled to be better oooor not.
It's currently (Dex + Athletics+ Legends)/2 for Dodge, and (Dex + Melee + Weapon)/2 Which is totes fine right now, but y'know! Just wondering.

HairyHeretic

I'm in work at the moment. I'll answer all the questions when I get home this evening.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cuchulainn

Almost done with my Horus Lawman but I have to say I keep being tempted towards making a Scion of Aphrodite and if there is a need for a cunning an manipulative toon I don't mind switching.

Edit: Here are the values for my Horus toon.

History

For much of Leo's life it had always been just him and his mum and as far as he was concerned that was all they needed. The rest of her family did not approve of his mother having a child out of wedlock and had essentially disowned her and let her to fend for herself and her unborn child when she gave them the news. As for Leo's father? Leo was convinced he was just another deadbeat dad, probably lying drunk in a gutter somewhere complaining about their lot in life. When he asked his mother about him she would always say how he was a wonderful, kind and righteous man, that they had meet when she had been in an abusive relationship and anytime the neighbours called the police she had been too scared to tell them. His father supposedly hadn't bothered to follow due process and had simply beat the crap out of her boyfriend to give him the message to leave her alone. Leo liked that story, liked to think he has dad was some noble hero who was willing to break the rules if it meant bringing scumbags to justice but truth be told he always thought it more likely his Dad was the boyfriend and that his Mum had plucked up the courage to run away when she found out she was pregnant with him. He appreciated the fact she tried to protect him from the truth but he could see a bit of the abusive boyfriend in him. At times he would just get so angry with people, typically it was people that it was acceptable to be angry with bullies, by those who were rude and broke the law and unfairly sought to profit off and abuse others but he wanted to hurt them, he wanted to punish them and sometimes he just wasn't able to stop himself. Once when he leaving school him stumbled across the school bully wailing on some little kid while his friend pinned his arms behind him and he lost it. He grabbed the first thing he could find which just so happened to be a rock and launched it at the bully's friend striking his eyebrow and splitting it open before he rushed in and tackled the bully. Then he just started punching his face, over and over again without a thought for what was going on around him until the one of the teachers pulled him off him. He got expelled for that, his mum was forced to pay for the medical bills and they almost lost their house. He felt so bad for the stress he put his mother through, for how he might have reminded her of her ex but he couldn't deny how much he had loved it, loved the feeling of dispensing his own justice upon the wicked.

Despite his strong desire to punish the wicked life was fairly normal, he played sports and video games with friends, crushed on girls and went to parties. He wasn’t the most popular guy in cool but he wasn't the least, those who knew him liked him well enough provided they kept their nose clean. Still as adulthood loomed ahead of him and the time came to choose where exactly his life would lead he knew there was only one path for him, law enforcement. He wanted to catch bad guys, wanted to make them pay and he wanted to hunt the worst of the worst so when he graduated high school his next stop was college to study criminology graduating with a 4.0 before moving to Detroit and serving the Detroit Police Department as a detective. His rise within the force was meteoric, he had the highest number of arrests with convictions in his precinct and even managed to uncover deep seated corruption and  within the force. Sadly this last one put him at odds with most of coworkers and even some of his superiors and so they wanted rid of him and fast but it wasn't easy, he was just that good. So when the agent position opened up in the FBI his name was put forward immediately. It was during his work for the FBI that

Stats

Legend: 3
Legend points: 9
Willpower: 6

Experience (spent): 50
Experience (unspent): 0
Experience (total): 50

Virtues:
Order 4
Conviction 2
Piety 2
Harmony 1

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  4
Dexterity  3
Stamina  4

Charisma  2
Manipulation  3
Appearance  3

Perception  3
Intelligence  3
Wits  3

ABILITIES

Academics  2
Animal Ken  #
Art  #
Athletics  3
Awareness  4
Brawl  2
Command  1
Control(car)  1

Craft 
Empathy  2
Fortitude  3
Integrity  2
Investigation  5
Larceny  #
Marksmanship  2
Medicine  1

Melee  5
Occult  #
Politics  2
Presence  1
Science  1
Stealth  1
Survival  #
Thrown  #

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute:  Epic Strength
  • Crushing Grip - Lethal in a clinch
  • Holy Rampage - 1/2 object hardness when you attack it
  • Titanium Tools - Your tools are not destroyed by epic strength usage.
Epic Attribute:  Epic Dexterity
  • Untouchable Opponent - Double Epic Dex to Dodge DV and ignore up to Epic Dex in terrain penalties
Epic Attribute:  Epic Stamina
  • Body Armour - Can parry lethal attacks while unarmed, or spend 1L to grow Armor with Bashing and Lethal soak equal to Legend for a scene. The ichor coating has a -1 Maneuver penalty and can be hidden under clothing or other armor.
  • Impenetrable - Upgrade Body Armor to add Aggravated soak equal to 1/2 Legend. Can also extend the armor sheathe around clothing.
Epic Attribute:  Manipulation
  • Stench of Guilt - Know when someone is hiding something about the current topic.
  • Blurt it Out - If the subject of someone's guilt has come up in conversation, force them to say it.
  • Takes One to Know One - Always know when a lie is told. Those using God's Honest trigger a normal detect lies attempt.
Epic Attribute:  Epic Perception
  • Predatory Focus - Track by scent or near-invisible physical traces with a successful Perception + Survival roll.
Epic Attribute:  Epic Wits
  • Instant Investigator - Wits + Investigation to instantly investigate a crime scene.

PURVIEWS
Purview:  Justice
  • Judgement (Rank 1) - Intuitively tell whether a suspect is guilty of something the Scion suspects. Failure gives an indeterminate reading and prevents trying again for 24 hours. Botch gives a false result.
  • Guilt Apparitions (Rank 2) - If guilt is known, the target will be cursed with periodic guilty hallucinations. They are randomly timed, last for (successes) days, and prevent regaining of Willpower. The efect ends early if the offender makes amends or confesses his crime.
  • Guilt of the Damned (Rank 3) - Call out a foe's failing while striking them to reduce their Virtues by one dot. Those of equal or higher Legend resist with (W + I + L). Works once per scene per target.
Purview:  Moon
  • Smoking Mirror (Rank 1) - See a bird's eye view of the area reflected in the moon. Does not function on a new moon, but can see through cloud cover.
  • Silver Blessing (Rank 2) - Item has all of the Supernatural qualities of silver for a scene.
Purview:  Sun
  • Penetrating Glare (Rank 1) - See clearly through smoke, fog, murky water you're in, and other barriers through which others would see only silhouettes. Can perfectly in dim light.
  • Divine Radiance (Rank 2) - For one scene, emit sunlight (100 watts or lower) in a radius or beam. Alternatively, can flash bright enough to give one victim a -2 penalty until the Scion's next action. Finally, can focus it tight enough to light flammables.
Purview:  Hekku
  • Ren Harvest (Rank 1) - When someone speaks of your deeds, regain (successes) Legend. The tale must be uttered or written without the Scion's interference.
  • Sekem Blaze (Rank 2) - An animal who meets your gaze flees instantly. A mortal or ghost is cowed for the scene. A Scion or Titanspawn of lower Legend is cowed. Scions or Titanspawn of equal Legend may spend 1W to resist. Those with higher Legend are immune. An aggressive action by you ends the effect.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Talon of Horus •••••
    Khopesh - 0 Acc, +4L, +2 Def , Spd 5
    1 dot add Legend to (Dexterity + Melee) rolls
    1 dot Additional damage after each successful attack by making a (Strength + Melee) roll and comparing it to Opponenets (Strength + Atheletics)
    1 dot -1 speed Speend
    1 dot Summoned and dismissed
    An Dark ivory handle, attached to a bright backwards curving bronze blade. Simple, elegant, deadly
  • Eye of Horus ••
    Purview - Justice, Hekku
    A tattoo of an eye of Horus on his left pectoral right over his heart.
  • Band of the Eclipse •••
    Purview - Sun, Moon
    A signet ring engraved with the Eye of Horus, made of gold and silver woven together in tight bands.
  • Conviction ••
    9mm - 1 Acc, +3L, Range 20, Clip 15, Spd 4
    1 dot Create an intense sense of guilt within a target struck by a weapon. Requires a (Charisma + Presence + Legend) roll, opposed by target's (Willpower + Integrity + Legend), and lasting for a number of days equal to the number of successes over the opponent's roll.

AndyZ

My char fits rather nicely into the cunning and manipulative style ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 23, 2016, 11:12:28 PM
Alright... won't have much time until Sunday to really write anything up, if that's okay.

Yep, that's fine.

Quote from: Cuchulainn on March 24, 2016, 02:33:08 AM
Is there a listing somewhere of the face claims that have been taken?

I don't think so. The original characters thread is here

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223461.0

but I don't know if anyone has identified the pics used.

Quote from: AndyZ on March 24, 2016, 02:46:00 AM
Oh, Hairy, are new players going to be Legend 3 or 4?  It's quite the pertinent question since we may end up with a healer.

They'll be built at Legend 3, as per the character creation guidelines.

If we bring the original group up to legend 4, then we'd want to keep everyone on the same legend rating. You and Muse would have some extra XP over the others though, since you played through the first scenario.

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 24, 2016, 07:48:02 AM
Anyway, Harry! I have a question. Is there going to be any house ruling for Parrying? I know Untouchable Opponent got a nerf, but wonder if Parrying's going to be house ruled to be better oooor not.
It's currently (Dex + Athletics+ Legends)/2 for Dodge, and (Dex + Melee + Weapon)/2 Which is totes fine right now, but y'know! Just wondering.

I'm not familiar with any, but if you know of some I'd be happy enough to look at them.

I wonder if they'll end up using the 3rd ed Exalted combat system when they revamp Scion to 2nd edition.

Did I miss anyone's questions?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Quote from: AndyZ on March 24, 2016, 01:55:11 PM
My char fits rather nicely into the cunning and manipulative style ^_^

AndyZ, You still have Bun-Bun right?

Phaia

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Phaia

Makes me almost want to dig up the magic user with the magic shop!!

Phaia

DeviantMunster

Only rules are allowing legend to add to parry. As it is, untouchable opponent is the biggest reason why it's way stronger than parry, at the eventual 12 legend - and well, it's usually applicable to -everything- as opposed to parry, which works against weapons until you use whirling to make it effective against thrown attacks (and bows). Need a 'stunt' to parry bullets.

Again, it's no problem early! It's something to cross at much higher levels, I think.

So, is my sheet okay? Not sure what else I should do!

HopeFox

It would be cool to have more options for defence at high Legend, like an "Untouchable Opponent" equivalent for parrying. Gods should be able to choose between being ninjas and being tanks. :) But, same here - it doesn't matter at this level - I haven't taken any knacks relating to either parrying or dodging yet.

Phaia

Hey Hairy, it is time. What time ya ask? why it is now the start of "Phaia's questions" time. As Hairy knows I often have tons of questions on various aspects.
First off after spinning around ideas [which does make my blondeness hurt a bit] I have a lovely concept.

A rogue, a thief, well she is a Scion of Bastet and handles acquisitions of lost or stolen relics [and if she just happens to 'find' money or jewels or various other things in the general area of said relic well a girl has a certain standard of living]. One of those relics she got during her visitation and was allowed to keep [I hope].

1st question] In demi-gods they list a 2 dot relic called "The Golden Servant of Hephasetus" could my character have one of them as a birthright? It is called a colossi and an antagonist but also says they are given to scions [yes normally to Greek and not Pesedjet] Having my character as a 'burglar' it would be handy and fun.

2nd question] This probably should have been first but will you have a problem with a character that is a cat burglar/finder of lost relics and things? She will also be at least officially reprimanded by her mother Bastet and of vacation. [privately this was all Bastet's plan and her family have been agents of bastet for a long time]. She is not evil and flies in the face of a lot of Pesedjet virtues.

3rd question] well this one is kinda for Cuchulainn and deviant [hello to both btw]. If Hairy has no problem with my character concept and seeing as you two have sorry ass...I mean are upstanding Law types [both FBI?] would you like to have heard about my character and her family. They are English and have a title.  ;) ;)

4th question] Legend 3 correct, that does mean only max of 2 epic dots and only 2 dot boons.?

You know me Hairy now that I have turned on the tap more questions will tumble out.  O:) O:) ;D

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Phaia on March 25, 2016, 02:33:51 PM
Hey Hairy, it is time. What time ya ask? why it is now the start of "Phaia's questions" time. As Hairy knows I often have tons of questions on various aspects.
First off after spinning around ideas [which does make my blondeness hurt a bit] I have a lovely concept.

A rogue, a thief, well she is a Scion of Bastet and handles acquisitions of lost or stolen relics [and if she just happens to 'find' money or jewels or various other things in the general area of said relic well a girl has a certain standard of living]. One of those relics she got during her visitation and was allowed to keep [I hope].

1st question] In demi-gods they list a 2 dot relic called "The Golden Servant of Hephasetus" could my character have one of them as a birthright? It is called a colossi and an antagonist but also says they are given to scions [yes normally to Greek and not Pesedjet] Having my character as a 'burglar' it would be handy and fun.

Well, if that was the rekic she 'found' during her visitation, it would provide a good enough reason for her to keep it, even if it's not something that would come from her side of the family :)

2nd question] This probably should have been first but will you have a problem with a character that is a cat burglar/finder of lost relics and things? She will also be at least officially reprimanded by her mother Bastet and of vacation. [privately this was all Bastet's plan and her family have been agents of bastet for a long time]. She is not evil and flies in the face of a lot of Pesedjet virtues.

There is an option to change out pantheon virtues for something more suited to the character, but it will mean it becomes more expensive to buy certain advances as you go.

As for the character concept, I have no issue with it. I build one somewhat similar myself recently, a son of Manannan MacLir, whose speciality was finding similar lost items in the depths of South East Asia.

This guy

3rd question] well this one is kinda for Cuchulainn and deviant [hello to both btw]. If Hairy has no problem with my character concept and seeing as you two have sorry ass...I mean are upstanding Law types [both FBI?] would you like to have heard about my character and her family. They are English and have a title.  ;) ;)

I'll leave them to answer that one

4th question] Legend 3 correct, that does mean only max of 2 epic dots and only 2 dot boons.?

Correct.

You know me Hairy now that I have turned on the tap more questions will tumble out.  O:) O:) ;D

Phaia

Not a problem :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

AndyZ

Quote from: HopeFox on March 25, 2016, 08:46:51 AM
It would be cool to have more options for defence at high Legend, like an "Untouchable Opponent" equivalent for parrying. Gods should be able to choose between being ninjas and being tanks. :) But, same here - it doesn't matter at this level - I haven't taken any knacks relating to either parrying or dodging yet.

The tough part is that Untouchable Opponent becomes ridiculous at higher levels.  Defense Values aren't all that well balanced, and it's not difficult to get such a high dodge that you need Epic Dexterity for anyone to hit you at all.

Michelle's Dodge DV is 10, so it'll usually be 9 after taking an action.  If someone has 11 dice to attempt to hit her, they need 4 automatic successes (Epic Dex 3) just to have a ~50/50 chance.  Throw in Untouchable Opponent and you need to raise that even more.  However, if you have an NPC with Epic Dex 4, then nobody but someone who already has a high Epic Dex has a decent chance to hit them at all.

HairyHeretic

The GM section basically tries to work around that saying that Fate matches each Scion with an appropriate opponent. That being said, hopefully it will be better balanced in the next edition :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 25, 2016, 04:42:47 PM
Well, if that was the relic she 'found' during her visitation, it would provide a good enough reason for her to keep it, even if it's not something that would come from her side of the family :)
The way I am working it out is part of her visitation included Bastet testing her abilities. A German castle, a family with ties to Nazi germany, stolen relics [none more powerful then 2 dots] paintings , Nazi treasure. deep vault, neo-nazi goons etc.

There is an option to change out pantheon virtues for something more suited to the character, but it will mean it becomes more expensive to buy certain advances as you go.

I was considering this option, 1 extra EX for a boon! Funny thing is at least one of the boons I am giving my character is not part of the Pesedjet.

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Phaia on March 25, 2016, 05:21:51 PM
The way I am working it out is part of her visitation included Bastet testing her abilities. A German castle, a family with ties to Nazi germany, stolen relics [none more powerful then 2 dots] paintings , Nazi treasure. deep vault, neo-nazi goons etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Riese

http://www.seattletimes.com/life/travel/ancient-polish-castle-holds-world-war-ii-secrets/

Quote from: Phaia on March 25, 2016, 05:21:51 PM
I was considering this option, 1 extra EX for a boon! Funny thing is at least one of the boons I am giving my character is not part of the Pesedjet.

Phaia

Nothing wrong in that :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Okay here is my next question for ya Hairy.

My character is gonna have a 3 dot relic that adds legend to any Dex roll. Could she also use a relic that adds legend to an ability?
Example I was considering is a 2 dot relic adding to larceny. So picking pocket of a lock might then give her legend added twice. Of course cracking a safe would probably use perception and forgery something else.
I am already looking at 15 spent on birthrights and maybe as much as the whole 15 BP plus the normal 5.

Phaia

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Off the top of my head, I don't think there are any rules that prevent artifact bonuses from stacking. It would be a fairly hefty investment in points mind you.

Also, this

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-general/stash-books-witch-library-nazi-chief-himmler-found-prague-005570

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 25, 2016, 05:41:08 PM
Off the top of my head, I don't think there are any rules that prevent artifact bonuses from stacking. It would be a fairly hefty investment in points mind you.

Also, this

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-general/stash-books-witch-library-nazi-chief-himmler-found-prague-005570

I am just considering it at the moment. Yes it is a lot in points but I am looking at a lot spent in birthrights...funny thing there may not be a weapon in them....though that may change.

Here is an extra tidbit on my character. Her cover that she uses to move around is that is a Pro surfer and follows the circuit. Which has spots in Europe, South Pacific, Africa, South east Asia, Hawaii and the west coast even a couple on the east coast.
Surfer girl has only won once [she works to not win since that gets in the way of her main duties] and I could make her a spokes girl for some surf thing....  :o "Mr. Zog's Sex Wax"  O:) O:) ;D

Phaia

Cuchulainn

Hello!,

Phaia's question, if they are just a famous family of British people, no not unless they have some history of criminal stuff going on.

Now some questions of my own.

1) If we don't want FBI I can quite happily change mine to an english character, make use of the ties England has with Egypt (you know stealing all their stuff) and have him work for the NCA

2) Are my Boons and Dots right? Not sure after Phaia's question

3) Who should I use for a face claim, currently stuck between.

Isha Blaaker

Ryan Pavey

or

Joe Manganiello

Phaia

Quote from: Cuchulainn on March 25, 2016, 07:08:53 PM
Hello!,

Phaia's question, if they are just a famous family of British people, no not unless they have some history of criminal stuff going on.

Now some questions of my own.

1) If we don't want FBI I can quite happily change mine to an english character, make use of the ties England has with Egypt (you know stealing all their stuff) and have him work for the NCA

2) Are my Boons and Dots right? Not sure after Phaia's question

3) Who should I use for a face claim, currently stuck between.

Isha Blaaker

Ryan Pavey

or

Joe Manganiello

I'm leaning a bit more towards Isha but dunno.

I hope to have more done by tomorrow but basically her family have been agents for Bastet since the early 1900s [that is if that's okay with Hairy]. The family have been linked to thief of things since WW2. At least one relation has been arrested somewhere. They have been able to recover some a bunch lost/stolen relics for several different patheons. Of course the Pesedjet have made sure to take credit for the return of the relics.
I was gonna say there has been one other scion from the family but he was killed in the 60s during the cold war while in Russia trying to recover something.

My characters capers have been around the world even in Hawaii and California perhaps even in Florida. Most of the things she steals do not get reported since they are stolen or lost relics...though there is at least one sercurity/bounty hunter group tracking her though no one is sure what she really looks like. Just that it seems she is following the pro surfer circuit...maybe.

As for the face claims I kinda like Joe myself but all three would get my character to lower her sunglasses and look them over.

Phaia