News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vault 110 [Fallout 3 RP]

Started by GloomCookie, December 16, 2010, 09:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Your ancestors believed the advertisements.  That waiting for them underground was a paradise, one where everything you could ever want would be provided until the world was ready for them to emerge.  You would never want, never need, never worry.  Too bad they didn't read all that fine print at the bottom, or have time to question before the bombs fell.  But you're here now, so might as well get used to it and hope for the best.

Links to the threads: OOC Thread   Vault 110 Atrium   Vault 110 Living Quarters   Vault 110 Miscellaneous Areas

Vault 110 was part of the Vault-Tec social experiments involving people sealed away inside large underground Vaults and then experimented on in isolation.  Except for a handful of control vaults, very few Vaults were spared being tasked with an experiment, and 110 is no different.  Vault 110 was designed to test the results of multiple, clearly defined social castes in a hierarchy designed to keep some at the top of the social pyramid and to keep the others down.

The Overseer was, naturally, the leader, with a handful chosen favorites serving him as advisers and confidants.  Below this he had his dedicated security force, who kept an eye on the 'commoners' and, most importantly, the denizens of the lower levels.  Being a commoner wasn't so bad, since food and water provided by the Vault's systems kept them comfortable.  But the denizens, sometimes referred to as slaves, faced constant malnourishment, dehydration, radiation exposure, and were made to comply with the orders from those above their station.

The game will focus on the interactions between the different levels, and how each one tries to use the other.  Those choosing to be denizens will face constant threats to their life, and at any moment can be made to do degrading, humiliating tasks just for the promise of food, water or medical treatment for radiation.  More often than not, this will involve spending time on their knees or their backs.  Security officers keep the denizens in line, and even have the power to summarily execute rowdy denizens if they get out of line.  Commoners can sympathize with the denizens, but only in private, since the Overseer doesn't want anyone ruining what he considers to be the perfect social system.

[size=12pt][b]Character Sheets[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Social Status:[/b] (Denizen, Citizen, Security, Overseer/Advisor [[i]Requires GM approval[/i]])
[b]Occupation:[/b] [Citizens/Advisors only] (Barber, Maintenance, Teacher, Doctor, Scientist, Artist, Other)
[b]Occupation:[/b] [Denizens only] (Garbage Burner, Freight Hauler, Prostitute, Cook, Test Subject, Other)
[b]Brief Bio:[/b][/size]

Name: Allita Stone
Social Status: Adviser to the Overseer
Brief Bio: Allita serves as one of the handful of advisers to the Overseer of Vault 110.  She began as a teacher after passing her G.O.A.T. Exam at age 16, and she began teaching some of the Denizen children.  However, her teaching focused on their role as servants in society, obeying the Overlord without question and understanding that at any moment they can be called upon to give their lives for the greater good.  Her methods, while strict, certainly did a resounding job, enough to get her the notice of the Overseer.  She advises on how best to deal with denizens who defy the orders given to them, and her reeducation classes are experiences few ever forget.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

elfguy

Big fallout fan! I could play a female security officer.
----

Primarch

Oh I'm certainly keeping an eye on this one. Is there a chance of some day escaping the vault or are we strictly keeping this inside? Not that I mind either way, just might change my character idea.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Primarch on December 16, 2010, 02:36:27 PM
Oh I'm certainly keeping an eye on this one. Is there a chance of some day escaping the vault or are we strictly keeping this inside? Not that I mind either way, just might change my character idea.

That all depends on what happens IC.  Since I'm not going to be playing the Overseer, when we get to that chapter, we'll explore our options and it'll be up to the Overseer to decide.  Basically I have the following scenarios in mind:

Chapter I: Rise to Power (The new Overseer takes power)
Chapter II: Denizen Outcry (Rebellion amongst the Denizens during the transition period)
Chapter III: Popping the Cork (Should the Overseer open the Vault)
Chapter IV: Depends on events in Chapters II and III
My DeviantArt

Hart

Love the idea!

Thinking of a male security officer/double agent, supporting rebellion secretly? Or maybe just the armoured fist of the new Overseer? Haven't been a bad guy in awhile.. :-)

Primarch

Character Sheets
Name: Jonathan Rogers
Social Status: Denzien
Brief Bio: Born and raised a denzien in good old Vault 110, Jonathan has had a humble life from the get go. He's worked as a cook since he took his G.O.A.T. Exam, although truth be told he has a brighter mind and better heart then the ruling class allow the denziens to flex. At eighteen he fell in love with Annabelle, another denzien. They were married within six months and when he was twenty-one Annabelle gave birth to his daughter, Morgan. Unfortunately Annabelle passed away after the birth, Jonathan, while devastated was not left alone to raise his babe. Denziens look out for each other. Fifteen years later his daughter is the apple of his eye, and his dreams are more concerned with making a better life for her.

blackstar

If you need someone to play the overseer thats totally up my alley. I think I'd make a good oppressor, that and I love the fallout series. If thats a no go, I'd like being an advisor.
"You don't understand anything, do you?! The most important thing isn't power, it isn't courage, it isn't even having friends! The only thing that matters is that you can rely on ME."

Genbu83

Vault 110...sounds very importat. I might need to look at the wiki.

Or are we going non cannon?

I wouldn't mind playing a denzien of the vault. Let me know what sort of types you're looking for.

GloomCookie

Primarch, you are hereby welcomed into Vault 110 as its first denizen.  Welcome :)

Quote from: blackstar on December 18, 2010, 12:17:34 PM
If you need someone to play the overseer thats totally up my alley. I think I'd make a good oppressor, that and I love the fallout series. If thats a no go, I'd like being an advisor.

Pitch me a character and if I like it, the spot is yours :)

Quote from: Genbu83 on December 18, 2010, 03:32:13 PM
Vault 110...sounds very importat. I might need to look at the wiki.

Or are we going non cannon?

I wouldn't mind playing a denzien of the vault. Let me know what sort of types you're looking for.

This is totally non-canon.  I made sure of that when I was checking the wiki.  I would have no doubt loved to play out Vault 69 (1 man, 999 women), but that would've limited the available members of the RP.  But yes, pitch me characters and if I see something I don't like, I'll let you know, but I'm fairly laid back.  This is for anyone who knows Fallout like the back of their hands or people who are only kinda interested.
My DeviantArt

Genbu83

Character Sheet
Name: Ian Henry Klein
Social Status:Citizen
Brief Bio: Astonishingly brilliant, provided that he let's anyone know. He Recognized the placement patterns in the G.O.A.T. right off the bat and choose the profession of the most dynamic freedom, Maintainence. Well read and quite aware of his surroundings, Ian has filtered his way through every book within the Vault. While ignoring propaganda...he has found plenty of useful material to learn from. His profession has made him quite successful and comfortable with access to tools, technology, and overlooked resources. In public he is often overlooked by the citizens and security as his job is to keep the Vault running. He is fairly popular amongst the denizens for being a reliable supplier of goods to their black market. His hobbies include chess, walking the atrium, and general tinkering. Not physically intimidating, he averts violence, and difuses unecessary brutality. Not that he is a pacifist, he just believes less people is somewhat against the Vault purpose. All that reading and experimenting has not left him a weak bookworm, he just prefers to be seen as nonthreatening as possible.

elfguy

Character Sheets
Name: Jessica
Social Status: Security
Brief Bio:

Jessica became security officer quite young, as she's always worked at keeping a fit body, and demonstrated skills at hand to hand combat, and at using her guns. She is fairly fun to talk to, and can be playful. She likes when people follow the rules, altho she isn't that uptight about them. She regularly lets things slide, as long as she gets something out of it. People who don't play ball however, or try to go against her, quickly find that she has a nasty, ruthless side. You don't want Jessica on your back, as it may mean some very unpleasant times, alone with her, in an empty room.

----

GloomCookie

Excellent characters, all.  I'm going to go ahead and start us a thread, and we can find an Overseer when someone offers to take the job.  In the meantime, the Overseer will be played by yours truly as a shady figure rarely seen beyond his cluster of offices.
My DeviantArt

elfguy

----

GloomCookie

Links to the OOC and IC threads are up.  Please feel free to start anywhere you feel like.  Basic descriptions are provided at the first post of each thread.
My DeviantArt

Korosa

Is this still open for new characters? I'd love to get in on it.
Request Thread

(These are a little out of date, but still probably fine?)
O/Os

A/As

GloomCookie

Quote from: Korosa on December 22, 2010, 01:44:33 PM
Is this still open for new characters? I'd love to get in on it.

Yes, we are still recruiting all types.
My DeviantArt

KoH

I'm a huge Fallout fan. Having played 2 (despite it being a little dated at the time... ah well, I was 12 or 13, I guess =P), 3, and New Vegas, and then seeing this... well... I'd love to join in. How many characters are allowed per person, by the way?

Character Sheets
Name: Tommy 'Shakes' D'Angelo
Social Status: Security
Occupation: Officer, specifically designated to Atrium security.
Brief Bio: Tommy - and both of his older brothers - were born into a family of thuggish behaviour. His father, Gary, regularly found himself in arguments with the Overseer. Whilst his brothers both have no intelligence whatsoever, Tommy's been known to doubt things much more, and seeing as he has a smaller frame (5'11 to their 6'3 and 6'4) and isn't as meaty, he's been dubbed 'Shakes'. Whilst Tommy does yearn for something more, he loves the malicious side of being a guard, even at his age. He doesn't really care about what people think about him, he just loves to try and bend and break people, along with blackmail that he uses to get what he wants. He loves to manipulate and will take on any deal or partnership - so long as there's something for him in it.

O/O

I don't believe in fairy tales
Where no-one wants to go to hell
You made the wrong decision
And it's easy to see
Now if you wanna serve above
Or be a King below with us
You're welcome to the city
Where your future is set
FoREVeR

Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Gears of War
Oblivion
Dragon Age: Awakening
Metro 2033
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Currently Reading:
Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz
Tripwire/The Enemy - Lee Child

GloomCookie

Welcome 'Shakes'.  As far as number of players per person, no more than two, and preferably in a different classification than the one you have (ie if you have a citizen or adviser, your second character should be a denizen).
My DeviantArt

Apple of Eris

I know a little about fallout, not a ton though, is that an issue?

If not I'm thinking of a Denizen character.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Primarch

Apologies for not posting yet, slightly under the weather I'm afraid.

elfguy

I think more Denizens would be great.
----

GloomCookie

Quote from: elfguy on December 23, 2010, 06:55:58 PM
I think more Denizens would be great.

I certainly agree, hence the rule about double characters.  I want at least a balance, though I'd love to see a vibrant, full vault full of denizens.
My DeviantArt

Apple of Eris

Name: Sommer
Social Status: Denizen
Brief Bio: Sommer was born and raised in the Vault, knowing little to nothing of the outside world, save for what she's heard from others and from the little schooling she received.

She is bright enough, but realtively uneducated in most matters. She is literate, thanks more to the efforts of the other Denizens to educate themselves and has basic math skills, but little advanced knowledge.

Being rather pretty, Sommer caught the eye of one of the overseer's assistants and assigned as a cleaning girl and servant to the upper levels. As such she is given a daily pass to go to the upper levels and do her routine cleaning chores and whatever else her betters think up for her.

Though docile in demeanor, Sommer's access to the other levels made her a prime recruit for the nascent resistance forming amongst the Denizens. She was given a choice, bring back whatever information she could to them, or her hell of an existance would be even worse, and shorter. Though her cooperation was originally coerced, her treatment at the hands of the Citizens has made her a willing participant in the resistance.[/size]
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

GloomCookie

Welcome to the game Apple.  Please feel free to get started wherever you like.
My DeviantArt

Korosa

I'm going to go out on a limb here and app for the Overseer. Linna, just let me know if you don't like and I will change it to app for someone else. I'm easy :D.

Name: Michael Keller
Social Status: Overseer
Bio:
The Overseer always smiles. The Overseer never raises his voice. The Overseer is young and handsome and always, always smiling. The Overseer loves you all.  The Overseer only wants what is best for the Vault. The Overseer is going to take care of everything.

The Overseer likes to see you cry.

Four years ago, Michael Keller was no one. He worked in the canteen, he served food, he smiled. He talked to people. He had a spark in his eyes, a laugh in his voice, a curious inflection that said 'trust me'. He was young and  the Overseer was old, old and scared and angry. The Overseer watched his own people and saw plots everywhere, saw traitors and communists who had followed them down from a world long forgotten. He had people killed, people they could scarcily waste. Denizens and citizens and security. He was ripe for overthrow and with a few smiles, a few laughs,one young man with a dream, a spark in his eye, shot him straight through the heart with an old hunting rifle he'd used to kill radroaches in the canteen.

Then he smiled at the Vault and he said to them, "No more worries. The Overseer is going to take care of everything."

And for some people, he did. Security are treated as above the rest of the Vault, they are given anything they could want. They are given very little oversight and very little control. they can do almost anything they want to a denizen and no one blinks. No one complains. It would be a very bad idea to care about a denizen.

Citizens are fed and taken care of and treated well as long as they obey the rules. The Overseer is very big on rules. Little rules and big rules. If you break a little rule, you get to see Allita. If you break a big rule, you may get to see the Overseer. And denizens who break any rule, any rule at all, they go to see the Overseer in his big office with his big doors locked by the very best in pre-war security.

And when that happens, the Overseer smiles.
Request Thread

(These are a little out of date, but still probably fine?)
O/Os

A/As