The Time of Thin Blood (m for f)

Started by Arion, January 05, 2013, 12:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arion

It is a world of darkness.  Mankind sinks further and further into depravity or faith, seeking an escape from the horrors of the day.  Crime rates soar, drug use is common among all levels of society, and the world itself chokes beneath corrupting pollution.

Predators stalk the streets, the children of the First Murderer who drink the blood of the living.  Vampires, ancient immortals of terrifying power and insatiable thirst.  They come in many forms, from the insane (or indeed, perfectly, horrifyingly sane) Malkavians to the noble Ventrue, from the grotesque Nosferatu to the animalistic Gangrel.  13 clans vying for power, seeking to carve out their own domains in the cities of men.  Disregarding the First Sire's commands they have Embraced and Embraced until the blood runs thin, heralding the end of all things: Gehenna.

These are the Final Nights.  This is the Time of Thin Blood.

Okay, enough of that...
Looking for a partner for a game set in the world of Vampire the Masquerade (using the V20 books as a basis).  Not necessarily a system-game, as I find that free-form allows more, well, freedom, and prevents the bogging down of gameplay that comes with dice rolls and the like.  Would still like to use the rules system for creating characters, which should serve as a basis for deciding what can and cannot be done.  Also, would like to keep this a Camarilla-based game, with clans kept to the basic seven.

The setting I'm looking to use is one I've developed for the tabletop game, a fictional city in Virginia (using the city of Newcastle, as presented in Damnation City, as a basis).  Already have a ton of info worked out for the city, including a 32 page primer on districts and locations, as well as other notable characters.

Looking to explore the concepts of personal horror and the slide into inhumanity (it is a WoD game, after all), with my character playing the role of the other character's Sire. 

This will likely be more of a collaborative writing project, with a lot of discussion to decide on events and such before the writing takes place.  I've found that things flow better that way, rather than the stilted "taking turns describing actions" method. 

Everything above is open to discussion and change.  I'd like the ideas and direction of the game to come from both parties, so suggestions are welcomed.

Potential writing partners are not required to have any experience with or knowledge of the OWoD setting and Vampire: The Masquerade, though it would help.  Each of the ideas listed below can easily involve filling the non-vampire character in on the details of Kindred society and the World of Darkness in general.

Possible Storylines
Note that each of these, especially the first and second ideas, is will involve a form of Master-Slave relationship between the vampire and the ghoul/Childer/mortal.  There will also likely be some non-con, at least at first.

We're What?!  TAKEN
Your character has just graduated high school and is on her way to college.  But when she learns that her family is part of a ghoul bloodline that owes allegiance to one of the city's vampires, she gets plunged into the world of darkness.  She may hate what she is, but the power of the Blood is almost too much to resist...

Mine Childer
Unbeknownst to your character, she is being stalked by a vampire who has decided to Embrace her.  After doing so, he teachers her of Kindred society, and she finds herself trapped in the immortal intrigue and games of the Camarilla.  Dark forces are moving, and the city will soon weather a storm it may not survive...

True Love
More in line with modern vampire trends, your mortal and my vampire meet by chance and slowly fall in love.  The horror comes from a mortal loving an immortal monster whose humanity is degenerating until he is little more than a beast.  This is the idea I'm least interested in, but thought I'd list it anyway; after all, nothing is set in stone.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

Skye

Oooh, "We're What?!" is tugging me to post interest!
I've been on hiatus, but am back with a new muse in tact
who is ready to get these digits going.
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Arion

Update:  The "We're What?!" story idea is has been taken; information added.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List