Sentinel City - Interest Check (A light superhero themed gender bender game)

Started by AribethAmkiir, June 07, 2012, 11:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Major

It's a little bare bones at the moment, but I'll work on it some more. With thanks to Caitlin for helping me resize them.

Name: Shannon Castle

Alias: Trickshot

Alignment: Hero

Prior Occupation: Night security guard at a carpark

Personality: Shannon's personality before and after the Event are as different as night and day. Prior to the Event, he was a gruff, no-nonsense loner, who preferred solitude to crowds and above all loved to read. After the Event, Trickshot is a sunny and openly affectionate (some would say slutty) party-girl, who loves 'pressing the flesh'.

Appearance:
Trickshot has dark reddish-brown hair that she wears loose and reaches to between her shoulderblades. Her eyes are heterochromiaic; the left is blue, the right is grey. Her costume consists of assless black riding chaps with tall cowboy boots, a black stetson, and a black leather duster, under which she wears a black thong and bra. She also wears a gunbelt with two holstered Colt Single Action Army revolvers.

History: Shannon Castle was born 'many years ago'- deliberately being vague on his age- on a New Age commune, surrounded by Free Love hippies and Anti-Nuclear Feminists. As is so often with kids, as a teenager, he rebelled against the counter-culture, and rather ironically became part of the Mainstream; short hair, sensible clothing, even training to become a police officer, before a routine background check of his family lead to him being removed from the police training school. He was left slightly bitter about the whole thing, so sought out employment that would keep him away from people in general. Working as a Night watchman at a carpark suited him down to the ground, as it allowed him to indulge in his love of Western novels in peace.

Super powers: Trickshot has a low-level psychic ability to mentally stun a target by aiming one of her revolvers at them and 'shooting' them with it.

Weaknesses: 1. Trickshot needs to use those specific pistols to use her superpowers, so having the guns taken from her leaves her helpless.
2. She needs a clear line of shot to use her powers.

Player’s Ons: Pretty much anything not mentioned in the 'offs' section. Ask to be certain though.

Player’s Offs: Scat, ws, guro, hard bondage, torture. Again, ask.

Caitlin

Oi, to reduce picture size please use the following code;

[img height=300 padding=8]<hyperlink goes here>[/img]

This will set the maximum height to 300. ;D

Major Major

Caitlin

You're welcome. ^_^

It looks much better like this yes. Your question also caused me to look into more of the forum codes hehe, there is a lot more possible than the basic options we get.

I wonder if these codes work on all forums, or if it works specifically on E. It'll be interesting to test that out some time.

Caitlin

-snicker-

I added 'clusmy' as a personality trait to Illumina. I just need to fix my character's history and then it's all done.

AribethAmkiir

So far the characters look pretty good.

@Arioch: Probably change your superpower to "Shadow Teleportation".

Probably wait for a few more players to submit characters before we begin.

Caitlin

I suppose I better write a history for my character as well then. I prefer to keep the description short though and I'll add more during the roleplay itself. :-)

To be honest, I hadn't even given it a lot of thought yet. I think I'll also change my character's surname.

Muse

Oh, yay!  I'm not too late! 

You're not sick of me yet, are you Ari-chan? :) 

This sounds like a series of short stories my transgendered friend Pherim Bard really liked.  I'll try and come up with something good.   
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Caitlin on June 09, 2012, 04:43:45 AM
By the way, who will your character be Ari?? ;D

Haven't decided if I'll be playing a PC or just running a bunch of NPCs right now.

Quote from: Muse on June 09, 2012, 04:45:19 AM
  Oh, yay!  I'm not too late! 

You're not sick of me yet, are you Ari-chan? :) 

This sounds like a series of short stories my transgendered friend Pherim Bard really liked.  I'll try and come up with something good.   

Any chance you could ask your friend if he knows who the original author was, Muse?

Muse

My friend died last year.  I've been searching my memories about the story.  Did it involve "Lady Lightning", a guy who's power suit slowly changed his gender? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AribethAmkiir

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Possibly.  She went nuts and decided that all males needed to be turned into females.  Two of the "passer-bye" who get gender swapped end up stopping her and that's how they begin to be super heroines.  The details are kind of vague, but it was an enjoyable read.

Caitlin

I'm sorry to hear about your friend as well Muse.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on June 09, 2012, 04:57:00 AM
Haven't decided if I'll be playing a PC or just running a bunch of NPCs right now.
You could do both, 1 player character and then some NPCs that make an occasional appearance?

I've also added my character's history. I think it makes a good story for a typical villain. I added some motivations and described how he doesn't exactly fit in a normal society, so once he gets his lab and funds he'll be all settled for world domination! ;D

Major Major

Added some history to Shannon; still unsure on the codename though. Anyone got any better suggestions than Trickshot?

AribethAmkiir

I think Trickshot is both unique and appropriate.  You could do something silly like Stunner or something, but Trickshot works.

Caitlin

I really like Trickshot well and I thought it was well choosen. It sums up your character in the best way possible and I can't think of anything better. :-)

Laughing Hyena

Muse

Here's what I have so far.  Working on her appearance: 

Name: Jeremy/Jenny Sandoval

Alias: Jericho

Alignment: Hero

Prior Occupation:  Rock and Roll performer, retired.  Vietnam War Veteran (Distinguished Service Medal, Purple heart.)   

Personality:  Jenny has come to enjoy her restored youth and accepted—if not become accustomed too—her new gender.  She can be grumpy, insightful, and opinionated.  She isn’t afraid to argue religion or politics.  She’s been a hippy and a soldier.  She appreciates the creative possibilities modern computing opens. 
   She’s rather disillusioned with the rolls available to her as a rocker.  She finds girl bands ineloquent and most singers considered ‘deep’ to be philosophically juvenile.  She enjoys dancing at lesbian clubs and playing her guitar with music students at the university. 

Appearance:   

History: Jeremy Sandoval was a long time fixture on the rock and roll scene.  Never a mega star, but with a devoted following that spanned generations, he had staying power.  Compared favorable to Rush's Gheti Lee, he composed and performed insightful popular music over a forty year career before throat cancer stole his voice. 

Though he was seventy, Jeremy hadn't survived Vietnam, chemotherapy, and disco to live out his last years partially mute.  Nor was he afraid of death. 

He volunteered to be one of the first human subjects in a highly experimental therapy meant to restore lost organs.  It was particularly dangerous, but theories about it's eventual applications to reversing the aging process gave it proponents in congress that sent it through when other stem cell related therapies were being shelved indefinitely. 

Of the ten test subjects, 6 died in their sleep.  3 died horrible screaming deaths. 

The effects on Jeremy were radical different.  After seven weeks unconscious, he awoke fully healed, restored to nineteen years of age, with vocal chords of superhuman strength and flexibility, and... 

As a she? 

The project was sealed for fear of the repercussions of the public discovering it's ability to reverse aging.  After many months of poking and prodding, Jeremy was released with a new identity as his own granddaughter, Jenny Sandoval.   

Jenny understood that her vocal abilities far surpassed the human norm.  It wasn't, however, 'til she was caught in a burning building on her 21st birthday that discovered how much so.  Cut off from the fire escape, she blew a hole in the back wall with an operatic scream so that others could escape. 

A clever reporter spun this out as a miracle.  "In the bible, Joshua knocked down the walls of Jericho by sounding a horn.  Today, this young woman saved 7 times 7 lives with a similar feat." 

Amused, Jenny adopted the moniker "Jericho" and invested in the possibility of fighting crime.

Super powers:  Jericho has 75 years of experience—including some martial arts and 3 years as an officer in the U.S. army--in a 21 year old body.  She is physically fit and heals at speeds that push the bounds of human regeneration. 

Her vocal chords possess superhuman strength and flexibility.  She has a six octave range, some ability as a mimic, and can project sound with enough force to shatter glass or smash down a wall. 

Weaknesses:  Jericho’s ears aren’t superhumanly resilient.  She can deafen or even stun herself with her own power. 

Player’s Ons: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=16
Playre’s Offs:

Caitlin

What are the weaknesses of your other super powers Muse? :-)

Or was the regeneration not meant to be a real super power?

It sounds like an interesting character, I'm curious as to what she'll look like. ^_^

Major Major

Incidently, if anyone needs to use Trickshot for a fight scene or something, here's a tip: I'm intending on playing her as kinda high camp and light-hearted, so the fight scenes with her should be like the 1960's Batman TV series. You know, all "POW!", "BIFF!", "WHAM!", "OOOOOPH!".

Caitlin

Hehe, that sounds like fun yes. ;)

I'm thinking of having Illumina invent some horribly misguided minions that do her plans more harm than good. I also wanted to add at least one robot with laser eyes. I was thinking of writing some really good fighting scenes, where she might even win, but then have some of her equipment breaking down and still making her loose.

I plan to add lots of comedy to the fights and her 'brilliant' masterplans. I hope to create an antagonist which you'll end up loving and having a good laugh at. ;D

In my mind I'm already picturing people go like "Awww... but we wanted you to win!" and she'll be more like, "Nope, that doesn't fit in my master plan either... Oh wait, it did, but..." :P

It'll be fun to play a typical villain and come up with all sorts of crazy ideas. XD

Latooni Subota

I have the BEST concept for a 50%-inept supervillain! Details will either arrive within an hour or two, or late tonight after work. X3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Caitlin

Sweet! I'm looking forward to reading more about your character Latooni. ;D

Maybe we'll even have a super-villain fight? :P

Nobody said the villains can't fight each other and do the heros' job for them! -snickers-

Latooni Subota

Of course. Allow me to give you a little spoiler~

There was once a nerd. A biiiig nerd. He had posters of cute anime girls and superheroines on his walls, stacks of comic books and video games blocking the way to walk to the bed, and it wasn't an unusual occurance to hear My Little Ponies and Iron Man playing simultaniously!

Then he got superpowers. Now he is a she, and for some reason is very . . bright. And shiny. Just something about the colors she has is more vibrant! The superpowers themselves? cartoon and comic-book physics! Nobody can pull a giant wooden mallet faster, or survive being hit by six cars in a row, like she can!

Expect me to probably find a drawn image for him/her, just to further emphasize the fact that he/she lives by different 'rules' than the others, so to speak. Expect a lot of hilariously awkward things as the powers work both for and against him/her. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Caitlin

Hmm... That sounds just like the kind of person that Illumina should team up with. With teams like ours we don't even need super hero enemies! We'll be our own undoing. ;)