Black Crusade (Extreme) Interest Check

Started by Jaded, December 21, 2014, 01:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Darkling, I'm so out of it, you'll have to tell me which chapter NL is.

Of course, I'm very good with exalted but don't get abreviations there, eithe.r
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

frost rose

Quote from: Muse on December 25, 2014, 01:48:09 AM
Darkling, I'm so out of it, you'll have to tell me which chapter NL is.

Of course, I'm very good with exalted but don't get abreviations there, eithe.r

I imagine she meant the Night Lords, what with HairyHeretic's character concept and all.
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

Ironwolf85

wooo I check back in and I find this.
I'm planning an aspiring Chaos Bezerker named Ceno Kard. Since this is Elliquiy I'm guessing full on pervy stuff is where we are going here?

Keeping an eye on this one  ;D
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: frost rose on December 25, 2014, 01:50:43 AM
I imagine she meant the Night Lords, what with HairyHeretic's character concept and all.

Yep, but I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Night_Lords

While most certainly Chaos Space Marines, the Night Lords scorn all forms of faith and respect only temporal and material power; indeed, many of them consider themselves free of the taint of Chaos and despise those they deem to be so corrupted

A former Night Lord who is now a Noise Marine would get little more than contempt out of Draugr. You could make them Black Legion, or Emperors Children, and have the two work together previously.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 25, 2014, 05:57:38 AM
Yep, but I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Night_Lords

While most certainly Chaos Space Marines, the Night Lords scorn all forms of faith and respect only temporal and material power; indeed, many of them consider themselves free of the taint of Chaos and despise those they deem to be so corrupted

A former Night Lord who is now a Noise Marine would get little more than contempt out of Draugr. You could make them Black Legion, or Emperors Children, and have the two work together previously.
Didnt say they were a noise marine, just a lech, maybe he got alittle too interested tormenting the ladies as time went on, eventually fell to slaanesh and had to leave the legion because people who serve the Gods tend to get snubbed like hell in the NLs.

and i have to point out the GM didnt say they had to be nice connections!  ;D

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Darkling on December 25, 2014, 08:43:51 AM
Didnt say they were a noise marine, just a lech,

Well, you did say Slaaneshi DJ, sonic ranged weaponry, so you can see why I would think Noise Marine.

maybe he got alittle too interested tormenting the ladies as time went on, eventually fell to slaanesh and had to leave the legion because people who serve the Gods tend to get snubbed like hell in the NLs.

Another angle you can play up there to lead to their fall to Slaanesh is the ultra low frequency sound waves that cause feelings of fear, dread and so on in humans. Someone experimenting with that stuff, that could easily lead on going Slaaneshi.

If you also coupled that with a gift/mutation that let you sense their fear (as with one character in the Night Lords books) ...

and i have to point out the GM didnt say they had to be nice connections!  ;D

Night Lords aren't exactly big on the whole bonds of brotherhood thing at the best of times :P

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ChaoticSky

Im not the lechmarine o.o, im playing a human slan DJ :P

The other marine is someone else.

*edit
Muse is playing a lecherous space marine, not a noise marine, i merely suggested they be a former NL as a way to link you two together. My entirely separate (and entirely human) character is a DJ with a sonic fetish.

HairyHeretic

Ah, my bad then. Sorry for the confusion.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

*nods* :)  Yep, I'm the lechmarine.  : ) Predictable enough for me, but it's fun.  (And I usually play the other side of that equation in Jaded's games.) 

Now, where did I put my Black Crusade book, and how many that I don't yet have am i going to need to go through to figure out what everyone is talking about?  ^_^;; 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ironwolf85

Ceno is going to be a hand to hand combat type. Other than greed and devotion to daddy khorne not sure what else.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

deadmanshand

I must say that I am really begin to like the concept of a medic of the Departmento Munitorum slowly ground down and twisted by failures in the face of Nurgle's work. A growing obsession with disease and what makes people capable of surviving them. Add in a haunting failure, a hint of madness (I like hallucinations of the haunting failure), and you get a fair Plaguemeister. Plus I am amused by the concept of playing the healer in an evil campaign.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: deadmanshand on December 25, 2014, 08:33:55 PM
I must say that I am really begin to like the concept of a medic of the Departmento Munitorum slowly ground down and twisted by failures in the face of Nurgle's work. A growing obsession with disease and what makes people capable of surviving them. Add in a haunting failure, a hint of madness (I like hallucinations of the haunting failure), and you get a fair Plaguemeister. Plus I am amused by the concept of playing the healer in an evil campaign.
Its pretty fun, i usually go the psyker>nurgle>biomancy, or biomagos>medic>nurgle route and heal that way, but its great fun when people RP with you.

This will stop the pain *pokes with a needle*
.....Or was that my sample of Burnscor Pox?
Oh well, i guess well find out in two to three weeks  O:)

deadmanshand

I thought about the psyker route but I'm already playing a psyker in a different game. The heretek route was available but I've never been able to get behind a tech based character. Cybernetics and machines just don't work for me. But mad doctor? That's something I can work with.

frost rose

Quote from: deadmanshand on December 25, 2014, 08:33:55 PM

Maaan, the medicae skill is currently my bane. I've been char building because that's the kind of thing I do for fun, and I'm aiming to be sitting on huge piles of medicae as part of the entire surgical modification themes going on... as a follower of Tzeentch, so it's an opposing skill. I need to go find a corner to cry in now as I try to figure out how to not horribly overspend.

It's gone now.

ChaoticSky

Wellll..... One could make the case that you dont need much Medicae if you dont want it, after all, why fix a broken arm when you can lop it off and replace it with a nice (better!) machine one?

If you do want it, pick it up before you become Aligned, you should beable to get a rank or two of it without too much trouble

frost rose

Quote from: Darkling on December 25, 2014, 09:59:22 PM
Wellll..... One could make the case that you dont need much Medicae if you dont want it, after all, why fix a broken arm when you can lop it off and replace it with a nice (better!) machine one?

If you do want it, pick it up before you become Aligned, you should beable to get a rank or two of it without too much trouble

But but but I want my bioengineering and mutable flesh! And that's more or less what I'm doing. Since we're a fair bit of experience in I'm trying to work out exactly what order things should be bought, seeing as *coughs* it's going to be stupidly expensive as is, for how far in I'm going to be buying, I think.

Now just to write up concept properly. Xmas got in my way and all.

It's gone now.

Jaded

QuoteOh, thinking of chargen, how are we doing stats? Point buy, or GM rolls, or what?

Allocation/Point buy (page 52)

QuoteAre Legacy Weapons cool to use?

Legacy weapons are fine. 

QuoteI'm planning an aspiring Chaos Bezerker named Ceno Kard. Since this is Elliquiy I'm guessing full on pervy stuff is where we are going here?

I'd like to include at least some adult content, the exact amount will be up to the players though.

Quoteand i have to point out the GM didnt say they had to be nice connections!

The main thing is that everyone should be willing to work together, and have a reason to.

Please continue character discussion here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220210.0