You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 19, 2022, 02:03:41 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: BDSM and NC fiction, what books do you recommend?  (Read 856 times)

Offline EuphoricDysphoriaTopic starter

• Dancing in the rain
  • Lady
  • Orgiest
  • That all you got?
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
BDSM and NC fiction, what books do you recommend?
« on: August 25, 2021, 07:30:46 am »
I got a shiny new Kindle. I'd love to hear what kinky books you recommend for a female maso/sub to read.

Online Gadifriald

• The Bard of Westgarde
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • I will conquer you then spin you a tale!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: BDSM and NC fiction, what books do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 11:12:08 am »
"The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty" by Anne Rice writing as A.N. Roquelaure starts off a wild series if you're looking for BDSM and NC fiction that really goes for it. "The Story of O" by Pauline Reage is a classic. Check out the works of Cleo Cordell. The "Jalav" series by Sharon Green starts with "The Crystals of Mida" and might tickle your fancy. Check out the Stormy Night Publications website since they publish all their books in Kindle. You'll probably enjoy the works of Carolyn Faulkner. Take a look at the works of Deanna Ashford. "White Rose Ensnared" by Juliet Hastings I'm sure would be right up your alley! That should start you off nicely :-)

Offline TheGlyphstone

• Aspiring Tyromancer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 02:38:11 pm »
This feels like it would belong in Literary Discussion rather than Elliquiy U, but in the meantime:

The Kushiel Saga trilogies by Jacqueline Carey are fairly well-known and popular around here too for their BDSM content. Personally, I find the first trilogy to be the best and go down from there to mediocre then outright awful, but the erotica content remains solid.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!!!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 03:48:22 pm »
Literary Discussion also has a few threads/links to Elliquian authors, and I know at least a few publish for e-readers (and 'E' readers!  ;D )

Offline TeamVelma

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • What does this button do?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 05:05:00 am »
There's Empowered by Adam Warren

Offline EuphoricDysphoriaTopic starter

• Dancing in the rain
  • Lady
  • Orgiest
  • That all you got?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 07:38:08 am »
Thanks guys.  I've read The Story of O but haven't heard of the other ones.  There's a lot of truly awful fiction out there, I've discovered.

Offline TeamVelma

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • What does this button do?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 11:40:51 am »
Like Sunstone Empowered is availbel for free https://www.empoweredcomic.com/comic/archive

Offline Sethren

• FtM: He/Him/His Pronouns
  • Liege
  • Seducer
  • "Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight."
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 04:36:40 am »
Any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books are pretty good, particularly Acheron and Styxx although many fans would argue you shouldn't read the two unless you've read pretty far into the Dark Hunter series first. Mostly because you won't know who many people are in the books unless you have but I was able to keep along just fine in Acheron. In fact, I had accidentally picked up Acheron first before any of the other books and frankly reading his story is what got me interested in the series as a whole. I do recommend reading Acheron first before Styxx though because it makes the brothers dynamic more intense when you read Acheron as the two brothers have very different sides of the same story that is their whole lives tragedy and conflict against each other.

It is primarily modern day erotic high fantasy fiction (that incorporates a lot of Greek Mythology with original Atlantean lore counterparts. Like Artemis the Goddes of the Hunt is a prominent villainess against Acheron). A lot of non-consent I mean Acheron was made into a sex slave early on in his life.

I say primarily modern day because there are a lot of immortal characters (even a dragon for one of the books) and some of their stories start in different times in history - like Acheron, the main character for example is from Ancient Greece along with his brother.

I love the series, have only read three of the books (Acheron, Styxx & No Mercy, No Mercy was about a badass WEREBEAR) if I don't count the first book of the Chronicles of Nick series: Infinity.

It is M x F pairings only as far as I've heard/read. But all of her characters are rich and compelling, and her girls?! They're REALISTIC. There are some girls who aren't 'model' pretty for example and on the pudgy side, insecure about her looks, etc. Which I love.

Sherrilyn gets random funny scene ideas from her kids - there is a spoon thing I think in Infinity that her son had given her the idea of. Because if I remember correctly the Nick Chronicles are less smut based and more story based.

Overall her world is massive and well thought out. She is one of those authors whose characters 'come' to her and eventually tell her their story. I read once in an interview that when Styxx was finally ready to tell his side of the story, she broke down crying for the character because up until that point? Styxx as far as she and her readers were concerned, was the biggest unforgivable bad alive and then this book comes around and kicks you in the gut and makes you feel bad for every bad feeling you've ever held against poor Styxx. Even though he has made some severely bad choices and has hurt a lot of people. Which is the great part, her characters have flaws, they have fears, they have scars not just for the sake of wow factor (physical and emotional).

Some books are a bit of a chonky read but in my opinion are worth it.

Just talking about the series has me wanting to finally start with the first book of the entire franchise lol. I haven't yet because it is a big universe with many books and branch off series from the main which is Dark Hunters. Once I do let myself jump down that rabbit hole, I'm probably never coming back out and I'm going to go broke from buying all the books lol.

But there you go! My suggestion.

Offline Esoterica

• FtM: They/Them Pronouns
  • Liege
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2022, 05:32:31 pm »
Red Phoenix's Brie Series is a good bdsm one based in modern times written by someone I have been a fan of for ages. Its not NC, but true BDSM though, M/F dynamics.

Offline FigTree

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 08:01:08 pm »
I really enjoyed Laura Antoniou's The Marketplace series. It has a wide range of dynamics (including, sometimes, M/f). It's definitely consensual, but it also involves some pretty heavy play and some characters in situations they definitely don't like (but do continue to consent to).

Offline Nowherewoman

• ...the road away from Here seems straight and broad and sweet...
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • "I hear you're alive. How...disappointing."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 02:26:59 pm »
There's a fair bit of it all throughout the Kusheline Cycle by Jacqueline Carrey, though most of it isn't all that explicit.

And the parts that are tend to be a little bit on the extreme side, soooo...sorta depends on your tastes and levels.