Star Wars: Imperial City [Freeform, Small Group, Recruiting]

Started by TheGrandAdmiral, December 14, 2020, 04:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Question: I know there are no force users, but can I be from a force sensitive lineage?  I was thinking a near human with a iffy genetic memory. She has flashes of her ancestors. Nothing game breaking.

Still working on her backstory

Callie Del Noire

Here is what I came up with.

Name: Ryland Ro
Sexual Orientation: Bi-sexual
Physical Description: starkly white, she has a very human build aside from her monochromatic appearance and pointed ears. She has long wavy hair down to her waist and when on the ‘job’ tends towards black full body coverings with helmets or hoods to minimize her.
Appearance:
Personality:
Dislikes:
Profession: Thief, ‘courier’ (smuggler), scavenger. 
Affiliation and Rank: freelancer/contractor.
Equipment and Weapons: Extensive collection of hacking and alarm foiling tools, sensors and probes.
  Droid: R81, small translation/splicing droid she wears on her waist or chest.
  Vehicle: Airbike with upgraded racing engine.
  Weapons: Collapsable staff with built in shock unit. Usually kept in sleeve holster or behind her back at the waist
    Vibro knife typically mounted at her waist
    Blaster pistol mounted on her left hip.
  Implants: Cybernetic eyes that provide her with a HUD display to her hand terminal and R81 as well as limited light enhancements and thermal scanning.
   False IDs: she has a handful of false identities that she uses.
  Hideout: she lives in a hidden apartment that has been ‘lost’ to rehab/rebuilding/renovations, her apartment has hacked feeds providing power and water feeds that require periodic hacking to keep them ‘lost’
Skills: Air biker: amateur racer who knows her limits.
  Hacking Expert: she is a proficient hacker with a focus on security systems and alarms.
  Forger: She is a gifted forger, able to create excellent papers and electronic ids.
  Gymnast: As a cat burglar, she’s a gifted gymnast and climber.
  Melee fighter: Expert staff fighter and skilled with a blade.
  Small arms: skilled with small arm blasters
Bio: Ryland Ro was born to a small collective of Near-humans on Coruscant. She had never been to their homeworld, but her parents had spoken about it extensively over her childhood. They had come as part of a group who had accompanied a Jedi to the Jedi temple, her great grandfather, though he’d died almost 65 years prior to her own birth. She had vague memories of him, typically from her father’s side of the family. That was due to the tendency of her people to inherit a genetic recall of their ancestors. It wasn’t a very strong gift, unless you had an intense connection to the force, so most of her people only had scattered moments of recall at most. She tended to get moments of peace and relaxation f I’m her parents and little else except in moments of stress.
As the clone wars proceeded, members of her family moved on to other jobs outside the temple particularly after her great grandfathers passing to the point that by the time of the purge and order 66 there were no known connections with the Jedi to lead the Imperial inquisitors back to the small enclave of families. Ryland didn’t event know of their ties to the Jedi till her first memory of the temple came to her around 10 years of age. She only told her parents, who warned her to keep such memories to herself and never speak of them to anyone outside the community.
As she grew up, her community started to decline in their standing as the Empire grew and as a result she learned a lot of things from members of her community. She was very skilled at computers and by age 15, she was able to assist others by hacking the resources that they couldn’t get on their own or legally.
It was then that she notices the community was shrinking, as many of the families were trying to get off world and a few individuals vanishing as their ‘memory’ of their ancestors came to the notice of the Imperial researchers.  She saw her parents taken one day, her grandfather keeping her hidden as the last remains of the enclave she’d grown up in was raided and cleaned out by stormtroopers with most of the people being walked out in shackles.
She and her grandfather grew up in the ‘shades’, a small section of the under city that almost entirely self sufficient and run by a variety of cartels. It was lawless, in that the cartels paid the Imperials to stay away from there. She grew up learning how to work in the shadows. Just as her grandfather died, she ‘apprenticed’ to a slicer as his go-to girl and in a few years moved on to being her own agent, using her mentor as an agent from time to time. Typically she works as a courier or burglar.

ff

Callie Del Noire

Had considered going with more implants but figured that might be enough for a cat burgalar.

TheGrandAdmiral

Looks great! Post her in the CS thread! Will tag you in the next couple of days :)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGrandAdmiral on March 22, 2021, 04:55:55 PM
Looks great! Post her in the CS thread! Will tag you in the next couple of days :)

Will do.was going to add in some skill in disguises but wasn’t sure if that was too much

MetroFallout

MetroFallout

Great, I will be making a male Lethan Twi'lek Mandalorian.

Nowherewoman

tentative interest, if this is still alive.

Possibly a Zabby gun runner. Go-to gal for things that go boom and make your enemies go bye-bye.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Nowherewoman

Name: Saviri Jek
Sexual Orientation: LesboFlexible
Physical Description: Skinny, wiry, but on the tall side; very pale-skinned with white hair due to childhood nutritional issues and living her whole life in the Downbelow.

Appearance: Usually wears simple workers' clothing, to blend in with the tunnel rats and skiff pilots she grew up with. Keeps her head hair in a long white topknot. Symbolic tats on both upper arms and the palms of her hands from her gang days, as well as on her face.

Personality: Generally easygoing, but with a durasteel streak that serves her well in her business. A deal is a deal; she never breaks her word. While she doesn't usually start a fight, if you pick one with her, be ready to see it through to the end.

Likes: Living well; making deals; people who keep their word; the occasional good fight.

Dislikes: Sith and Jedi; people who wont keep a deal (or won't deal at all); the smell of oil;  periods of too much quiet; Trandoshans; Chiss.

Profession: Black marketeer and Undercity 'diplomat'

Affiliation and Rank: Currently independent; Former Black Sun member.

Equipment and Weapons: Light-duty personal shield generator as well as light body armor under her clothes; pair of concealed vibroknives; Westar 34 blaster pistol; portable holonet gear. Also has a modified E-11 rifle with an extended barrel, added shoulder stock, and advanced optics for 'special occasions'.

Skills:
-While not exceptionally strong, Sav is wicked fast, and quite agile and flexible
-Skilled knife fighter, better-than-average pistol and rifle shot
-Skilled negotiator and merchant
-Rumormonger- she trades in more than just guns

Bio:

I wish peace was a lie. It's bad for business...

Sav seemed to come from nowhere, a nobody child of worker drones who started gang life young as a playfemme for a Low City enforcer. Clever, brutal when she has to be; with an eye for a deal and an ear for juicy news; adept at playing her enemies against each other- by the time she was 22 she had risen to be a Sector Underboss for Black Sun. She had enough side deals going to allow her to go independent a few years later, though of course she maintains her old ties and lines of contact.

The Empire is not so very different from the gangs she knows so well: territorial, respecting strength, keeping order by whatever means necessary. She can respect them, but she doesn't like them, as a government or as people.  At least the Jedi were actual people, you could cut deals with Coruscant security- and they both were generally so ineffectual, they never really got in the way.

By contrast, Sith, mostly seem to lack the bleak sense of honor that's a big part of her own makeup, and Imperial law is slowly strangling all of the freelance ventures in the Downbelow. On the fence, as always, she does her best to keep all sides happy and doing business- while protecting her own interests and people first and foremost.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Nowherewoman

Captain Whitebread

Now here’s a question for you….

Is there room for Shaa Raa to come back?  An easy in would be bringing Bad Kit home.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

ff

I would be amenable to that

I had just been thinking (since her apartment was 'burned' by having someone else hostile-ish find the trio and show up there, even if she seemed unconnected the other ppl the trio was worried about) in Engela's next post she might be inclined to suggest they go elsewhere, ask the other two if they had good places to go to ground or for her to suggest something

TheGrandAdmiral

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 10, 2022, 06:01:01 PM
Now here’s a question for you….

Is there room for Shaa Raa to come back?  An easy in would be bringing Bad Kit home.

Sure thing, I will be making an update this week, so you should check out for a tag ;)

Also ff's idea is also workable :)

Captain Whitebread

ff

somehow involving Bad Kit again would be fun...last I recall it was at the club. Maybe has remote piloting and or can relay holographic msgs like before

Captain Whitebread

I was thinking that Shaa Raa was bringing him back after using the excuse that he was a tech there to repair the droid not a patron when the Imperials arrive.

VibrantRiley

Oooh is this game still open? I'd definitely be interested if so!
Come Play With Me (O/Os, Story Cravings, and More)!
Currently selectively open to new RPs! Feel free to reach out 😁.

TheGrandAdmiral

Yup, it is :) Feel free to make a CS and post it here or PM it to me for approval.

TheGrandAdmiral

Apologies for the delay in updating. I hope to do it tomorrow. I got sidetracked these past few days (when I was originally planning to make a post).