News:

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Deamonbane, September 06, 2018, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Sakura

Deamonbane

I don't think in anyone's favor, they just made a lot of seriously terrible calls for both sides.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Deamonbane

I just feel bad for Joe Burrow. The guy is getting murdered with this (lack of) an O-line. The coaching staff needs to run the ball a lot more and a lot better.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Zaphod

Going #1 overall in the draft is usually a curse but he was facing a Top 3 defense in the Ravens.

Laughing Hyena

The injury gods are freaking ravenous this past week. Dak Prescotts angel in particular stands out as worst but over the past weeks injury after injury has riddled several football teams. Christ in heaven. Is any team in the NFC east going to be able to fill a full team by the end of this season???

Bevatoria

I was gonna say...it *feels* like more guys are getting hurt this year.

Especially in the woe begotten NFC East.
Ons/offs, A/As and an F list.

Deamonbane

I think it's because of the truncated training camp and no preseason. It leads to less conditioning which does lead to more injuries.

Laughing Hyena

Dallas is in the lead in the NFC East with a 2-4-0 record. Optimistic as I am about potentially see a resurgence from at least one team in the NFC, Im not hopeful. Whomever faces the winner of the NFC may have a free win on their hands come playoff time.

I know the talking heads won't shut the heck up about it but seriously, Wentz is not the source of Philadelphia's woes. He cannot play all the positions on the offense for gods sake, not that he hasn't been trying if last game was any indication.

*One night of Thursday Football Later*

Okay, what the hell? Receiving core might be getting good again but that O-line is going to get Wentz injured again. Seriously, how many times am I seeing Wentz make something out of nothing or just running for his damn life? Do we really want another freaking compound fracture here? Im still shaken up over Dak Prescott.

Deamonbane

Looks like Antonio Brown will be signing with the Buccaneers. Per Adam Schefter, it looks like they've agreed on a 1-year deal, but with language yet to be finalized. Brown's suspension continues until week 8, so the tentative thought would be that he would make his debut on week 9, Buccs vs. Saints.

Deamonbane

Oof that was painful to watch.

Deamonbane

In injury news, it looks like Drew Brees has eleven broken ribs, on top of the puncture lung that he's recovering from. Say what you want about the man, but you can't say that he's not a tough sumbitch.

Joe Burrow might be out for the season with a possible torn ACL. It makes me sad, because the kid has genuine talent, but they just let him get shredded.

Deamonbane

My SB team is as follows:

QB T. Brady 29.92
RB K. Hunt 14.20
RB L. Fournette 15.60
WR D. Adams 43.20
WR B. Cooks 27.10
TE R. Gronkowski 19.80
W/R C. Beasley 0.00 (yet to play)
K R. Succop 5.00
DEF Buccaneers 12.00

My opponent has no more players yet to go, and I still have one, so provided that Beasley doesn't go minus 36 points, I think I've won it!

*does the awkward Bane dance of victory a little early*

Deamonbane

Oh god the Steelers are imploding...

Laughing Hyena

They didn't implode. To do so would mean that they were trying to compete. They looked past their opponents... AGAIN!

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on January 11, 2021, 02:05:47 AM
They didn't implode. To do so would mean that they were trying to compete. They looked past their opponents... AGAIN!

💯

Deamonbane

Oh no, Lamar... not like that...

Laughing Hyena

Sweet, I just got some cash outta that. Now I'd the Browns advance all goes according to plan.  >:)

Deamonbane

Mahomes looks like he's got a concussion there too. First Lamar and now him, on the same weekend.

Lady Sakura

I'm happy and sad Brady made it to the NFC championship...and with another team. It's like some weird thing where the bills make it to the afx championship the year after brady signs with bucks...😭😭 This is a cruel world

Deamonbane

Here we go. Brady vs. Mahomes pt 5.

And like, two whole teams too, I guess.

Laughing Hyena

What the fuck was that Chiefs?! Three field goals?! Cmon!

Kristen

I think this game was very important for Brady's legacy. A lot of people are treating Mahomes like the best QB playing 'today' and while he really is gifted (maybe a bit reckless for my taste) it can't be denied that he is a marvel for his age.

When people compare him to Brady and say that they're both 'on the same level' or that they're both 'some of the greats' it can feel like a pretty disingenuous conversation for Brady's body of work hehe.

Yes, Mahomes is starting out, but he's got so far to go before anyone should even mention that he 'might' at some point be on the same level as Brady.

This game was very important because if it comes down to a discussion about who was better between the two, this game will be an important marker in the history books as the time they faced each other in the Superbowl. Brady, at 43, in the 'twilight' of his legacy, and Mahomes in his prime.

31-9.

It is no contest. It's not even close. This will be a very important game to think back on if Mahomes does end up winning 6 or 7 Superbowls himself and then people start to ask: "Okay so they both had about similar SB numbers, but who was better?

Well... we got to see them face each other, and Brady cemented the answer to that question heh.

I've always loved watching Brady play but part of me was hoping to avoid seeing Brady go out the way Peyton Manning did. I know Brady says: "When I start to suck, I'll retire" but I like the idea of him retiring at the top of the game, having crushed the young upstart who many are praising as the challenge to his legacy.

"I've done what I came here to do. I have nothing more to prove." - It's how I think I'd have loved to see it end heh. I am less of a fan of seeing great players retire after 2-3 sloppy years where the discussion is; "yeah, he stuck around too long, started to suck, and then had to quit." I feel like there will always be this attempt to show that Mahomes is comparable to him or that they are on the same level of conversation. So this win would have been an amazing way to nip that in the bud. :D

Either way... Congrats to Tom... to 'Tompa' Bay... and ... it couldn't have happened to a better guy. Amazing work to the chiefs as well for the season they had. I feel like this was also a great culmination to the chapter of Brady and Belichick.

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

Deamonbane

Ladies and Gentlemen, NFL fans around the world...

(For some preseason football)

Doomsday

The Packers are winning the super bowl!  O:)

Bevatoria

As a Packers fan I am already preparing myself for the inevitable dissapointing loss in the NFC Championship game.
Ons/offs, A/As and an F list.