News:

Main Menu

MBTI Personality Types

Started by Question Mark, October 27, 2012, 02:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Driskoll

I've taken this test quite a few times over the years and I've always gotten ISTJ. The only difference now is that I seem to be right on the border to INTJ.

Introvert(89%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(67%)
•You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
•You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
•You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

MusicNoteAngel

As beautiful as a musical melody...

Blythe

I got:

INTJ

Introvert(50%)  iNtuitive(44%)  Thinking(6%)  Judging(100%)
•You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (50%)
•You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (44%)
•You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (6%)
•You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (100%)

Wow.

Ephiral

I've always scored very hard INTP on the Meyers-Briggs. I have reason to think this is shifting of late - I thought I was sliding toward ENTJ. Well... I was half-right.

INFP
Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(12%)  Perceiving(22)%
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

undisclosedtoyou

INTJ

Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(89%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

I actually think this is pretty accurate, and I had fun taking it.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

INTP
Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Thinking(12%)  Perceiving(44)%
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

Gypsy

ISTJ

Introvert(67%)  Sensing(38%)  Thinking(62%)  Judging(33%)
You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

The ISTJ Profile sounds pretty much right on the mark.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Ephiral

And... just tested a theory. Seems embarrassingly stereotypical, but it seems my MBTI rating has a correlation with where I'm at in terms of gender:

Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(1%)  Perceiving(33)%
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

Top Cat

I've scored as INTJ (Mastermind) every time I've taken this. Let's give it another go.

*later*

INTJ
Introvert(78%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(11%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

No surprises there.

Quote-Discuss the validity of the test.  Is it accurate?  Reliable?  Foolproof?  Does your result make sense¿

Generally accurate, not at all foolproof. It's a descriptor, not a predictor - two people of the same Myers-Briggs type can be wildly different personalities.

And yes, my results make sense. I am an INTJ, or Mastermind, one of the rarest types (and no, I'm not really surprised to see a good number of INTJs here - this site will naturally attract Introvert types). The third sentence in the quote below especially describes me.

The Mastermind
Masterminds are introspective, pragmatic, directive, and attentive. As strategists, they are better than any other type at brainstorming approaches to situations. Masterminds are capable but not eager leaders, stepping forward only when it becomes obvious to them that they are the best for the job. Strong-willed and very self-assured, they may make this decision quickly, as they tend to make all decisions. But though they are decisive, they are open to new evidence and new ideas, flexible in their planning to accommodate changing situations. They tend to excel at judging the usefulness of ideas and will apply whatever seems most efficient to them in accomplishing their clearly envisioned goals. To Masterminds, what matters is getting it done—but also learning the principles of how to get it done efficiently and well, that is, at a professional level of quality. However, they may not give much thought to the social cost of getting there, "focusing so tightly on their own pursuits [that] they can ignore the points of view and wishes of others."

Masterminds are highly pragmatic, and they will put forth a great deal of time and effort to implement effective ideas. They are driven to solve complex problems and to create organized, decided, and executed solutions. Masterminds tend to make positive statements instead of negative ones, focusing on how to make the organization more efficient in the future rather than dwelling on past mistakes.

Masterminds are also highly theoretical, and one of the more open-minded of the 16 role variants. Before Masterminds adopt a theoretical notion, they insist on researching all the available data and checking the idea against reality. Masterminds are suspicious of theories based on poor research and will discard ideas that cannot be effectively implemented.

As leaders, Masterminds are skilled in contingency planning and entailment organizing, which are directive activities that tell the planner what activities to do and in what order to do them. Once in a position of power, Masterminds are known for their efficiency and willingness to adopt useful ideas.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Stella Maris

INFJ
Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(22%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

I'm almost always INFJ, though the I is the lowest I've ever seen it.
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

Wheeler97

I'd like to provide a little insight, having my B.A. in Psychology.

I've taken the professional Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test online. It's a 90-someodd question survey that does, in fact, only give two options to each question, and they determine the direction you sway on the particular spectrum.

Now, there is a big difference in efficacy between the professional test and these free online type surveys. Just remember that these are loose Types, not fixed Traits. The true MBTI has been used for decades and is consistently evaluated on statistical metrics. There is actually even a process following the survey, yet before you receive results) where you are given the descriptions and examples of each spectrum, one by one. After this educational process, you are asked to choose which of the two that YOU believe you fall under, and then it shows what your survey results say and gives a visual indication where you lie on the spectrum (say between Introversion/Extroversion). At the very end, it then allows you to choose which results layout that you want, either the ones you chose for yourself or the results from your survey answers.

The MBTI is meant to be a process in which you are given the survey by a Psychologist licensed to give the test and evaluate its results. This is largely so that they make sure people understand that the results are not definitive of who we are. We constantly move on each of the four spectra (not usually very far) based on experiences and changes in our lives. After significant life events, a person's Type can change drastically (this is especially true when younger than mid-20's).

... I sort of lost my train of thought, and don't want to ramble.

I am an ISTJ.

Strongly Introverted, though I am rarely "drained" by large events with a lot of people, so I use my Extroversion often.
Moderately Sensing
Slight Thinking, I very often am considerate of what others need and am constantly looking for input to ensure I'm not being too task-focused. (I called myself Feeling when I took the MBTI.)
Moderate Judging, though I like to do the "What If's" and think on theory, which are aspects of the Perceiving type.

Almondus

INTJ here, or I was at least the last time I took the test a few years ago. 

There's a wealth of information out there on the test and what all the different types are prone to doing and common friction that may occur between one type interacting with another.  Of course, no personality test can sum up all that there is in a person with just a few simple letters (even if they're tied to percentages), and I'm glad to see that no one in this thread has taken it as such. 

It's a fun tool because it reminds us that all of us think differently, that there's always a different way to look at a situation, and that common sense really isn't common because there simply are so may ways to look at things.  I say this having a dear and loving wife who is a ESFP.  Yea, we have the whole spectrum covered between us.  ;)

Jude

It's an open question whether or not these tests mean anything at all, sadly. If you're interested, this is a great primer on the problems with them (such as their atheoretical nature):

http://www.rationallyspeakingpodcast.org/show/rs78-intelligence-and-personality-testing.html

Ephiral

Just came across this, and thought it bore mentioning in this thread. TL;DR: There appears to be little to no actual scientific support for the MBTI, and there are a number of strong criticisms. Oh, and it's massively overused.

meikle

but i'm an intj, and i need the MBTI for self-validation!

(haha, just kidding, i'm an infj.)
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

ZephySempai

INTP

89% Introvert
25% iNtuitive
25% Thinking
11% Perceiving

Personally, I think these tests hold some truth to them. I've been taking these since High school. And, even though the percents have changed over the years, the overall results have always been the same. I'm surprised that both iNtuitive and Thinking are the same, and perceiving is so low. I think life, in general, as you age, makes you more Judging of things and more accepting to conventional means, but it's good to see that my overall personality hasn't changed even after three years of college and all the things I've been through.

Question Mark

Quote from: meikle on April 21, 2013, 08:46:11 AM
but i'm an intj, and i need the MBTI for self-validation!

(haha, just kidding, i'm an infj.)

Huh, I always thought you were an INTP.

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 21, 2013, 02:33:18 PM
INTP

89% Introvert
25% iNtuitive
25% Thinking
11% Perceiving

Personally, I think these tests hold some truth to them. I've been taking these since High school. And, even though the percents have changed over the years, the overall results have always been the same. I'm surprised that both iNtuitive and Thinking are the same, and perceiving is so low. I think life, in general, as you age, makes you more Judging of things and more accepting to conventional means, but it's good to see that my overall personality hasn't changed even after three years of college and all the things I've been through.

Woohoo, another INTP!

meikle

Quote from: Question Mark on April 21, 2013, 04:07:19 PM
Huh, I always thought you were an INTP.
Whenever I take one of these tests, my results are all very borderline.  When I retook it last time a few days ago, that test in the OP used the word 'slight' on every result.  Except introvert.  That was 'moderate'.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Tsumugi

Quote from: Oniya on October 29, 2012, 09:56:16 AM
With the professional questionnaire, there are a lot of 'repeat' questions, phrased in a different manner, to factor in that sort of thing.  For example, someone might react differently to 'I'm never late' and 'I'm always on time' even though the statement is logically equivalent.

Unless you happen to never be late but never on time - I tend to always be early by 15-30 minutes, possibly a quibble but it can make the difference between showing up at your friends house for dinner and interrupting an intimate event (You'd think after the third time ONE of us would have learnt the lesson xD) >_>;

On a more topical note:

INTJ
Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(1%)

Fairly consistent IN my T is usually higher and J/P tend to move around +/- 20% depending on when I take the test ^^'

Neysha

When I took this test in the middle of High School, I was an INFP.

Now that I have just taken it, and I grappled with a lot of the questions which kinda surprised me my results are...

ISTJ

Introvert(44%)  Sensing(62%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(44%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
    You have distinctive preference of Sensing over Intuition (62%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

I guess I've changed a fair bit in some regards. Kinda bummed... I liked being more of an idealist then... some... worker bee. :P
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

chaoslord29

I've been an ENTP every time I've taken this test by a wide margin.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Lyron

INFP - Introverted 100% and Feeling 38%. I can't remember the percentages of the other two, but they were less than 20%.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

SweetSerenade

Depending on the day I can flip flop between INTJ and INFJ

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Valeran

INTJ

Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(88%)  Thinking(75%)  Judging(67%)

Elina

ENTJ
Extravert(56%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(50%)  Judging(44%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Hmm... this would have been very different a decade ago.