News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Shot at Prime Time

Started by GloomCookie, June 15, 2010, 02:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

THIS FALL...

FROM THE CREATORS OF SILENT CHEER & BLACK LILY...

COMES...

NO MAN'S LAND

HOW FAR WILL YOU GO FOR THE GOLD?

CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS

It's 2043.  With the world population crawling ever higher, and the prisons getting ever more crowded, sometimes murder isn't the crime it once was.  Capitalizing on this, TV shows has been eager to start showing all the violence and sex they can get away with.  And with the loss of the FCC in 2038, the bar is being set ever higher.  But just how far are the executives willing to go?

In one small town, the executives gathered everyone together with one purpose... to push them to the limits of cooperation with one another.  Fifteen million dollars is up for grabs, the largest ever sum ever to be paid out to contestants.  The rules are simple... everyone alive at the end of their eight weeks gets an equal share of the money, regardless of what they did during that time.  But like any such game show, there's a rather large catch.

First, all the water and electricity is cut off.  The grocery store still has some, but it's not enough to last for eight weeks.  Then there are the outsiders, those who come looking for mercy and aid.  There's already not enough supplies, and now some are coming and begging for aid, while others are there to take it by force.

In a town of 100 people, who will make it to the end of those 8 weeks?  And who will end up face down in the dirt, cursing their fellow townsfolk for all eternity?  Stay tuned to find out!

NAME
OCCUPATION

SIGN UP FOR NO MAN'S LAND.  FILL IN THE APPLICATION AND SEND IT IN ALONG WITH A COPY OF YOUR PHOTO ID TO:
HEMOPHILIAC PRODUCTIONS
P.O. BOX 61684
LINCOLN-SHIRE, LE 68498
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Crovonovin

Colour me interested! 

Just a few questions.  Firstly, are there any specific types of characters you're looking for?  Any archetypes that you don't want to see?  Are the contestants thrown into this thing without equipment, or are they allowed to bring a set number of personal items/weapons (to a point)/supplies?  Lastly, will character death be an issues, or is this less about seeing if all the players can survive and more about how they adapt and to what lengths they'll go to to last to the end of the two month period?

Scribbles

This sounds like it'll be a ton of fun, and then some.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

elfguy

Also color me purple.. and interested.
----

GloomCookie

Quote from: Shihong on June 15, 2010, 04:10:03 AM
Colour me interested! 

Just a few questions.  Firstly, are there any specific types of characters you're looking for?  Any archetypes that you don't want to see?  Are the contestants thrown into this thing without equipment, or are they allowed to bring a set number of personal items/weapons (to a point)/supplies?  Lastly, will character death be an issues, or is this less about seeing if all the players can survive and more about how they adapt and to what lengths they'll go to to last to the end of the two month period?

1) Are there any specific types of characters you're looking for?
At the moment, no.  I'm eager to see a wide range of characters from all different backgrounds and skills, from unemployed vagabond on up.

2) Any archetypes that you don't want to see?
No one with obvious criminal records such as homicide, rape, illegal drug use, etc.  Anyone with a felony conviction is not allowed in.  Yet.  Some might get hired later to add flavor to the show.

3) Are the contestants thrown into this thing without equipment, or are they allowed to bring a set number of personal items/weapons (to a point)/supplies?
Each contestant is allowed to bring up to thirty kilos of personal gear.  This includes weapons, ammunition, food, medical supplies, and personal items.  Armor, communications equipment, illegal narcotics and sexual paraphernalia are strictly prohibited and all contestants will be searched prior to starting the show.

4) Will character death be an issues, or is this less about seeing if all the players can survive and more about how they adapt and to what lengths they'll go to to last to the end of the two month period?
Each player must sign a waiver prior to participating on the show waving responsibility should that contestant die or be seriously harmed during the two week period.  Under no circumstances will the studio interfere with the game.  Death is not the goal of the game, but will serve as a fundamental component to increase the stakes of the game.  Remote cameras with audio will focus on the change in each player as they adapt to survive in their new environment.
My DeviantArt

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

SolidSnake

I'm in guys

When do we start

Scribbles

NAME: Lynn

Equipment:
M16A1 (Assault Rifle), four clips
SIG Sauer P229R DAK (Pistol), five clips
Combat Knife
Rolled Sleeping Mat and Blanket
First Aid Kit
The rest of her pack is filled with a variety of dried fruit, nuts, crackers, tuna and plenty of water.
AA and OO

GabrielM

GloomCookie

Quote from: GabrielM on June 15, 2010, 09:53:30 PM
Room for one more?

I've only gotten profiles for one person so far ;) So if you want in, you'd better hurry!
My DeviantArt

Urbanzorro

NAME: David Longshadow

Equipment:
K98 Sniper Rifle
.45 Caliber Pistol
Machete
Plumbing Tool Kit (pictured)
First Aid Kit
Binoculars
Work Gloves
20 ft rope
Several MREs

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

GloomCookie

Dayum!  At this rate, I'm going to need to hire a paramilitary group to come in try to make your lives hell!  I'll be starting a thread here in the next few minutes.  Feel free to post there after you get your characters posted :)

RP can be found here
My DeviantArt

elfguy

NAME
Jane

OCCUPATION
Pro athlete, MMA wrestler

EQUIPMENT
The clothes on her back, a backpack with provisions, a knife hidden in her boots.
----

vonnetaire

Haha, I am totally down for this, I don't have time to write up a character right now, but I will when I get off work tonight. 9ish, if that's okay. And I will be playing a video game enthusiast, who thinks he is good with a gun because he plays a lot of Call of Duty. Or something equal entertainment value, should I think of something better while at work. =P
If we do not exert the right of eating our neighbor, it is because we have other means of making good cheer.- Candide, Voltaire

The first soap was made from the ashes of heroes, like the first monkey shot into space. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.- Fight Club, Palahniuk

Crovonovin

NAME: Hester Shaw
OCCUPATION: Former Dancer/Capoeira Instructor.  Currently acting as a Park Ranger at the Fernado de Noronha Marine National Park off of Brazil.

Equipment:

• Tranquilizer Gun
  • X5 Taser
  • Four Combat Knives
  • Smith & Wesson Model 29
  • Binoculars
  • Rope
  • Medkit
  • Ammunition Reserves
  • Rations of Food and Water
  • Personal Survival Equipment
  • Rechargeable Flashlight
  • Multitool
  • Handcuffs
  • Crowbar

Crovonovin

A question just so I don't make assumptions.  What is the area around Lake Sirius like?  Are there some wilderness, or is the entire landscape around the town basically leveled?

GloomCookie

Quote from: Shihong on June 17, 2010, 12:48:23 AM
A question just so I don't make assumptions.  What is the area around Lake Sirius like?  Are there some wilderness, or is the entire landscape around the town basically leveled?

Since I'm basing it off a real world location, I can tell you.  It's mostly level, but there are a few small, rolling hills around.  The map was the best I could find that incorporated the split highway running down the center of town, which it actually does in real life.  Most of the trees have been cleared away, but there are a few here and there, mostly pine and poplar.  The surrounding forests are choked with underbrush, meaning unless you find an ATV or deer trail, you're going to have a tough go through it.  Since it's June in southern Arkansas, expect high temperatures, near 100 degrees F, with a humidity of about 80% during the morning and climbing to about 90% during the day.  Rain is going to be non-existent almost for the first four weeks, with scattered, almost daily showers as the last four weeks move in.  The rain will come down for about an hour around noon, and then the sun will come out and fry everything.
My DeviantArt

GloomCookie

A late addition to the fun

NAME: Laura Fate

EQUIPMENT:
  • .223 AR-15 Semi-Automatic
  • Shotgun (pulled from trap rig)
  • Bowie Knife
  • Bottled Water
  • Protein Bars
NOTE: Laura was unintentionally thrown into the game by a betrayal by Captain Stiles.
My DeviantArt

Scribbles

Sorry for not posting yet. I was about to but am suddenly torn between personalities and can't decide which way to swing. T_T

Will post soon.
AA and OO

Crovonovin

Hey, just checking in to see if there's something else I should be doing at the moment?  Posting seems to have dropped off right out of the gate.

elfguy

After receiving a pm from the GM of this RP telling me that my posting style is not what she wants in her RP, I also decided to drop out. Good luck all.
----

GloomCookie

Quote from: Shihong on June 19, 2010, 02:59:30 PM
Hey, just checking in to see if there's something else I should be doing at the moment?  Posting seems to have dropped off right out of the gate.

Yes and I'm sorry for that.  Bit of a tiny emergency here.  I'll be posting soon :)
My DeviantArt

Crovonovin

No problem!  Take your time if something has come up.  I know how that can be.

GloomCookie

Name: Jonathan Stiles

Jonathan Stiles was hand chosen by General Robert Steele to be a representative of the United States for the brief period that No Man's Land would be on the air.  He was chosen for the assignment before Steele took his post, but due to a falling out years ago, General Steele decided to punish Stiles with the worst unit available.  The platoon chosen was a group known for getting into trouble and staying there.  Drunkeness, illegal gambling, anything they could get away with.
My DeviantArt