Recruiting for Young Justice! Post Season 2

Started by LyraTigereyes, May 14, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 15, 2014, 10:30:46 PM
Just find someone to later app Bette as Firebird. She's Nightwing's biggest fan, after all *crazy eyes*
Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 15, 2014, 10:28:45 PM
yeah, maybe I should be talking to someone else about this.   ::)

Awwr.  But they're soul mates, Aribeth.  Two incredibly nubile, attractive, non-jealous young people with boundless energy and very firm bodies.   ^_~

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 15, 2014, 10:30:46 PM
Just find someone to later app Bette as Firebird. She's Nightwing's biggest fan, after all *crazy eyes*

Don't give me ideas, ma'am.  My Dick Grayson would be far more obliging.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

KnowThySire

Woah is KF. The speed force is a lonely place.
There can only be one king.

Juggtacular

It's lonely, but it's better than being outright dead.

AribethAmkiir

Right, and that means just because she's telling him "no" in the frames leading to a closed door that she obviously means "yes".

Let's not even go there, please.

I'd very much appreciate it if we actually talked about things.

KnowThySire

Communication is the first step to building team chemistry.
There can only be one king.

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Cold Heritage on May 15, 2014, 10:55:19 PM
What would you like to talk about?

Character relationships, especially if they deviate from what's depicted in the show.  Plots. Story arcs.  What the Team has done in the last 6 months (since the end of season 2).  Possibly new developments.  What, we as a group, can collaboratively agree upon happening during the 5 years between Season 1 and Season 2, etc.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 15, 2014, 11:15:45 PM
Character relationships, especially if they deviate from what's depicted in the show.  Plots. Story arcs.  What the Team has done in the last 6 months (since the end of season 2).  Possibly new developments.  What, we as a group, can collaboratively agree upon happening during the 5 years between Season 1 and Season 2, etc.

Okay, I'm game!

But how do we approach that? It seems like a rather monumental task to do that.

What would you like Dick and Barbara's relationship to be like at this time?  I would like for them to be in an on and off relationship, where nobody feels injured whenever anyone else starts seeing another person.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

It shouldn't be that monumental.

The Team took the place of the Teen Titans, right?  So Kory really isn't in the picture, at all.  Correct?

Barbara obviously has feelings for Dick and she would like there to be more between them than "just friends".  They could be in an "on again, off again" relationship, or they could just be extremely close with Dick keeping Barbara at an arms length due to what happened with Jason, Tula, and Wally.  Maybe there's a mix of both.

In the show, there's really no indication that anything has happened between them.  All of that seems to have been left in the comic.  I'd find it much more satisfying if we turned their close friendship into a romance during game play than have it something we're entering the game with.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 15, 2014, 11:40:30 PM
The Team took the place of the Teen Titans, right?  So Kory really isn't in the picture, at all.  Correct?

Starfire never appeared in the show, and the creator has been less than clear as to whether or not she has appeared yet.  In the comics, she appears as Dick Grayson is transitioning between the Robin and Nightwing identities.  However, I don't really feel very strongly about NOT having Starfire appear in the game.  Maybe that could be a storyline we could develop down the chute.

Barbara obviously has feelings for Dick and she would like there to be more between them than "just friends".  They could be in an "on again, off again" relationship, or they could just be extremely close with Dick keeping Barbara at an arms length due to what happened with Jason, Tula, and Wally.  Maybe there's a mix of both.  In the show, there's really no indication that anything has happened between them.  All of that seems to have been left in the comic.  I'd find it much more satisfying if we turned their close friendship into a romance during game play than have it something we're entering the game with.

I think that this has more to do with Season 2 having 20 episodes, rather than 26.  The creators of the show didn't really get to explore a lot of interpersonal dynamics that, in my opinion, made the first season so much more interesting.

But, like you said, I'm also against having the two be in a monogamous relationship from the get-go.  But I am against them never having been in a romantic relationship, but I don't necessarily think that it ought to have been serious.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

apygoos

Well, in the time that Dick left, Tim, though timid at times, stepped up to help Datgirl lead the team for a time. The way i envision it, His relationship with the team could only get stronger, especially with Cassie, who he has the challenge of having Batman as a watchful dad between them.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 15, 2014, 11:40:30 PM
It shouldn't be that monumental.

Barbara obviously has feelings for Dick and she would like there to be more between them than "just friends".  They could be in an "on again, off again" relationship, or they could just be extremely close with Dick keeping Barbara at an arms length due to what happened with Jason, Tula, and Wally.  Maybe there's a mix of both.

In the show, there's really no indication that anything has happened between them.  All of that seems to have been left in the comic.  I'd find it much more satisfying if we turned their close friendship into a romance during game play than have it something we're entering the game with.
As far as we know, in the universe the show paints, there are no Titans.
as for implied things between dick and babs, there is one scene that Babs gets a smudge confrontational with Dick as he briefs her team [comprised of all girls] to take on a mission involving Queen Bee. ITs that type of confrontational that exes only would have, at least in my opinion. I cant find the damn clip of it though >.<

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: apygoos on May 15, 2014, 11:58:39 PM
Well, in the time that Dick left, Tim, though timid at times, stepped up to help Datgirl lead the team for a time. The way i envision it, His relationship with the team could only get stronger, especially with Cassie, who he has the challenge of having Batman as a watchful dad between them.
As far as we know, in the universe the show paints, there are no Titans.
as for implied things between dick and babs, there is one scene that Babs gets a smudge confrontational with Dick as he briefs her team [comprised of all girls] to take on a mission involving Queen Bee. ITs that type of confrontational that exes only would have, at least in my opinion. I cant find the damn clip of it though >.<

The Team are Earth 16's Titans -- they're just not called "Teen Titans."

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

apygoos

LyraTigereyes

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 16, 2014, 12:02:50 AM
The Team are Earth 16's Titans -- they're just not called "Teen Titans."

The Team started off as a version of the early Teen Titans, yes. But, using Kaldur'ahn instead of Garth. And also bringing in Superboy and Miss Martian.

Over time, they brought in two 'Classic' Titans: Bumblebee and Mal Duncan (Herald in the original Titans)

Also, with the numbered list that was provided, we also had Donna come and go. So, I would say it's a safe bet for other Titans to show up. If Kori did show up in the comics for one issue, that's really not a big thing IMO, and could be safely skipped over. Plus, if someone wanted to app Kori down the line, she would have a fresh start.

apygoos, I'm assuming that Tim hasn't told Cassie 'the secret' yet? I think he'd be keeping that fairly close, but it's up to you

apygoos

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 16, 2014, 12:21:10 AM
The Team started off as a version of the early Teen Titans, yes. But, using Kaldur'ahn instead of Garth. And also bringing in Superboy and Miss Martian.

Over time, they brought in two 'Classic' Titans: Bumblebee and Mal Duncan (Herald in the original Titans)

Also, with the numbered list that was provided, we also had Donna come and go. So, I would say it's a safe bet for other Titans to show up. If Kori did show up in the comics for one issue, that's really not a big thing IMO, and could be safely skipped over. Plus, if someone wanted to app Kori down the line, she would have a fresh start.

apygoos, I'm assuming that Tim hasn't told Cassie 'the secret' yet? I think he'd be keeping that fairly close, but it's up to you
Which secret might you be implying? the batfamily is a family of secrets, heh.
if its something form season 2 youre referencing, its over my head right now, heh.

LyraTigereyes

No, I meant the secret ID :P

And before you answer, remeber that Cassie is very...excitable and not very subtle ;)

apygoos

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 16, 2014, 12:26:32 AM
No, I meant the secret ID :P

And before you answer, remeber that Cassie is very...excitable and not very subtle ;)
that's a good question actually. On one hand they all keep their IDs close to the chest. On the other, thinking that over half a year a girl would only call you your cover name..is kinda odd, to an end i feel like it would start to get on his nerves and then blame himself for not telling her who he was.

I'm thinking at some point he did, but its their special secret, making it all the more meaningful for Cassie

Juggtacular

Virgil never got a secret identity, lol.

LyraTigereyes

apygoo:Okay, I like that :)

And I'm sure that all they've done so far is date and kiss. Maybe Tim's taken her to a really fancy restaurant once or twice?

Juggy: Virgil's too cool for a secret ID, anyways ;)

apygoos

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 16, 2014, 12:47:28 AM
apygoo:Okay, I like that :)

And I'm sure that all they've done so far is date and kiss. Maybe Tim's taken her to a really fancy restaurant once or twice?

Juggy: Virgil's too cool for a secret ID, anyways ;)
that sounds about right. the demigoddess is probably itching for me but Timid Tim, heh.

Cold Heritage

I think that for most characters that we have so far that Superboy would be an acquaintance. He knows them and has gone on missions with them, and he has done his best to teach them what he knows that is worth passing along.

The big ones would be Kid Flash and Nightwing, owing them being the longest acquainted and have spent the most time together. Pending okay from their relative players, this what I have going on:

I think in terms of Kid Flash, Superboy is sad and mourning but he is emotionally stable enough that it does not really bother him - he is in a more mature place by the end of season 2 and is more willing to explore healthy outlets for his emotions, such as therapy with Black Canary, to cope. Obviously he would have liked it if things had turned out another way, but they did not and Superboy accepts that and is moving forward. The world is still there and still needs saving - he will honour Kid Flash's memory and sacrifice by continuing to do everything in his power to protect the Earth and its people.

On the Nightwing front, I am thinking that Superboy would have gotten over being angry about Nightwing's deception. He genuinely believes that Nightwing had good reason for what he did, and when he got in Nightwing's face about it it was a heat of the moment thing. He will have tried to make amends for that and do what he can to bury any hatchets that need burying. Maybe they are not as close as they were back in the day, but by the time of actual play things between them are solid.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LyraTigereyes

apygood: It's okay, Cassie finds Tim's demurring adorable :)

Cold Heritage: That's a good working premise. Kon would be the closest to the Core members; Dick Wally, and Kaldur especially since they're the ones that rescued him.

Also, Kon and Megan have made up and are back together, I believe.

Juggtacular

Virgil is a pretty cool cat if I do say so myself, Lyra.

As for Virgil, he never really got to meet Wally, but he respects him deeply for his sacrifice.

LyraTigereyes

apygoos: Here's a question: are Tim's parent's dead? Or just his mom and his dad is paralyzed? If the latter, is his therapist/girlfriend Dana around?

apygoos

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 16, 2014, 12:56:34 AM
apygood: It's okay, Cassie finds Tim's demurring adorable :)

Cold Heritage: That's a good working premise. Kon would be the closest to the Core members; Dick Wally, and Kaldur especially since they're the ones that rescued him.

Also, Kon and Megan have made up and are back together, I believe.
heh thats good then :)

out side of his relationship there it may still be business as usual for Tim
He would be living with Bruce Wayne