Western town group game

Started by RedEve, August 22, 2013, 10:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

My character would rather be with the Madam or the dancehall gal or the refined lady of means.  :-*

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 26, 2013, 01:52:48 PM
My character would rather be with the Madam or the dancehall gal or the refined lady of means.  :-*

which begs the question, how historically accurate are we with various tolerances.. as in.. same sex couples.. and blacks. since in the real west there was a lot of discrimination

Julles

I was wondering the same thing... Haha.

RubySlippers

If a major city if France it would be no issue, in the Wild West it was the place to go to live ones own life its usually a matter of discretion just don't talk about it but some cultures the Indians would likely not care at all, they tended to consider Two-Gender people special which is good.

A real example in the Appalachians folks they are oddly very tolerant just be good folks and not cause issues most people will treat you well, my grand aunt and her lover were a couple openly in her community for decades so was no issue she was the local teacher and her "wife" was a doctor so they were important to.

I would say if she is not open about it most would not pry. She would be a woman who prefers to be unmarried and focus on her work not an Old Maid sort of woman. What she does in private, is private.

HarleyQuinn

Well, Isi doesn't discriminate. :)  ;)

RubySlippers

She is not going to be open about it but might run a branch school for Indians and others who can't attend a largely white school. Well have to sadly be true to the period and an Indian School could be good for a government contract.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: arkhos on August 26, 2013, 12:56:48 PM
So that begs the question...

Is -she-?

;)

-ark

Oscar isn't opposed to his wife sleeping with other men and women.  In fact, he probably would even like it.  I haven't discussed it with Red, but they can have an "open/poly" marriage.  If you get Oscar drunk enough, he might even be liable to join in.  ;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Julles

Oh, heh. Fun, fun. Sounds like it has great possibilities to an interesting play. Anybody know anything about when this play was going to start then?

Sara Nilsson

CurvyKitten

Oh so tempted.....must resist...must not...but so hard not to write up sheets. BAH!  LOL I have a few ideas in my head, but I was wondering if there was anything you were really needing at the moment?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 26, 2013, 08:41:32 PM
*stocks up on booze*

Your madam wouldn't need to stock up on the booze.

We can just call it "a regular threesome Thursday with the old lady."  Not to be confused with his other habitual visits at the brothel during the week.  ;)

Ha ha ha.  I'm getting ahead of myself.  I haven't discussed any of that with Red.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 26, 2013, 08:56:29 PM
Your madam wouldn't need to stock up on the booze.

We can just call it "a regular threesome Thursday with the old lady."  Not to be confused with his other habitual visits at the brothel during the week.  ;)

Ha ha ha.  I'm getting ahead of myself.  I haven't discussed any of that with Red.

come on we need to start already!! :)

IrishWolf

Quote from: CurvyKitten on August 26, 2013, 08:43:17 PM
Oh so tempted.....must resist...must not...but so hard not to write up sheets. BAH!  LOL I have a few ideas in my head, but I was wondering if there was anything you were really needing at the moment?

Heeheehee, you should join Curvy, you always have delightful characters

RubySlippers

Character done, just for reference her colored school is named that to fit the period she is not racist in fact she fails to get racism but they didn't want Indian and negro and Mexican children in the main school. Oh well. Basically there is the nice main school and the one backed by the government to help enlighten the savages and promote learning among other sorts paid for by the Army and Indian Affairs plus her resources.

I figure on the plus side though as a respectable lady most of the menfolk and town should not cause her any issues. In fact her school is exceptional its like one you could find in the capital or a big city like Chicago. And affordable.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: IrishWolf on August 26, 2013, 09:00:12 PM
Heeheehee, you should join Curvy, you always have delightful characters

hehe I can't pick which idea I want more, the whore at our lovely matrons brothel or the a lady of better standings like a small restaurant owner.

RubySlippers

How about a special friend of my character, she would gladly pay for the restaurant and hotel start up for a 25% share of the business and special benefits.

IrishWolf

Quote from: CurvyKitten on August 26, 2013, 10:24:31 PM
hehe I can't pick which idea I want more, the whore at our lovely matrons brothel or the a lady of better standings like a small restaurant owner.

Well now, a western town can always use more whores, got a lot of miners and cowboys wanting to spend their pay but we could use an eatery

CurvyKitten

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 26, 2013, 10:31:52 PM
How about a special friend of my character, she would gladly pay for the restaurant and hotel start up for a 25% share of the business and special benefits.

hmmm not that would be a rather interesting proposition my dear. One that has perked up my muse once again.

Quote from: IrishWolf on August 26, 2013, 10:39:19 PM
Well now, a western town can always use more whores, got a lot of miners and cowboys wanting to spend their pay but we could use an eatery

Nods~ I had a rather fun girl that I had in another rp that just never got off the ground but I really loved her and have been saving her for another rp where she would fit in.

Julles

My poor character could always use a friend.  :'(

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Julles on August 26, 2013, 11:01:17 PM
My poor character could always use a friend.  :'(

Aww ~hugs~ no matter what characters I make I am more then happy to work out some links with them. Friends are always a welcomed one :)

Julles

HarleyQuinn

Isi could use friends. The loner of the group. ahah.

PhantomPistoleer

Now, now.

We can all be friends.  Except, the comanche.  Oscar hates the comanche. ;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

IrishWolf

Well, Patrick has a lady friend in many ports, I don't see why he can't have many friends in one town. heeheehee

Julles

Heh. Alice loves everybody, she just wants to get into trouble to basically get back at her parents. So, she's down to be friends with everybody. Especially the types her richy rich parents wouldn't approve of her being friends with... -nudge nudge wink wink to Isi and all the trouble makers out there-