Vorkgon - New Here - Seeking Struggling RPs-modified

Started by vorkgon, August 26, 2012, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vorkgon

I see some read the original post but no replies.  So I thought I might modify it slightly, to make my interests a bit less -- how does one say -- brutal or bloodthirsty sounding.  What interests me these days is the notion of struggle and where it is not sure what the outcome might be.  Here are a couple of scenerio idea, and I've done each in the past.

1.  You are a rancher's wife and he's away so you are alone in the 1860s in the cabin and it is night, perhaps tired after the long day of chores.  I am a breechclothed native sneaking up to outside of the cabin hateful of the white invaders.

2.  I am a burglar inside your modern day apartment looking through the bedroom for jewelry to steal.  You are arriving at the apartment, oblivious to my presence because there are no signs of forced entry.  Perhaps after a long day at work you put a few groceries on the kitchen counter, and decide to take a relaxing shower.

Such are more likely to have the sexual tension quotient that many here seem to favor, and depending on the flow might end in something more sexual than violent. 

That being said I remain interested in the more aggressive battle type RP I initally wrote about, something taking place perhaps in an arena or in the wilds, and in whic I enjoy both being conquered brutally or conquering brutally and, whichever the result, to the winner goes the spoils. 

I've done this type of chat roleplays elsewhere previously and hope to return to it.  I also do not favor using dice to determine events because I prefer to play with people who are flexible enough to respond in a reasonable fashion rather than the random roll of a die or dice.

If there is any question of what I am describing, I would be happy to forward some examples by email as attachments or however else one can do send attachments here. 

One big thing I dislike is god-modding.  When I post, generally, I would describe my character(s) attempted actions, and leave it up to the other person to decide if the action was effective and expect the same vice versa. To me, it is a sliding scale.   As one character or the other becomes more dominant in a struggle then one would expect greater freedom to write in such a way that might make the action more successful.  Though, even then, until one gets to the end of a particular struggle, one should always leave open the possibility that the one seemingly about to lose might return the tables.  I find the turning the tables possibility quite delicious.

You are fated only if you accept the fates.

vorkgon

I've updated my post, wondering if a couple of specific ideas might be of some interest.

vorkgon

Thought I would put this out there again.  If interested in a roleplay I ended up doing awhile ago it was called Tarzan and Trio of Doom.