Lighter Fluid Tag: A Game Darwin would Approve of

Started by Vekseid, May 22, 2009, 10:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_052009WAB-AP-lighter-fluid-tag-SW.20c48e27.html

Quote...

A man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle on Monday night with serious burns suffered in the game near Port Angeles.

The district fire chief, Jon Bugher, told The Peninsula Daily News he was stunned to discover several people playing lighter tag. It involved squirting themselves with lighter fluid and then lighting the clothing of the person who is "it."

The tagged person beats the flames out before "tagging" another person.

Oniya

Day-um.... I Googled, hoping to find an entry in Snopes and didn't.   :o

Why not just bring back 'Winnebago surfing' and be done with it?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Overlord

The crime is flagrant stupidity...and if it's not on the books it ought to be.

Yep, definitely a serious and valid attempt at a Darwin Award. I'm trying to envision the conversation that lead up to this-

"Betch'a I can run with my clothes on fire faster than you!"

"Betch'a you can't!"

Rhapsody

I can believe it. 

Requiem has friends who think it's fun as hell to toss throwing daggers back and forth while they're drunk.  It's like they have a motto: "If we're not bleeding/come close to removing ourselves from the gene pool, we didn't have fun!"

And I wish I were kidding about that.  But it's sadly true.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Nikkia

I can believe it, as well. It's as if gambling with your life is what makes the game fun.
My brother and his friends spray their clothing with Axe body spray and light themselves on fire. Not to play a game, just to laugh histerically.
It's quite crude.

mannik

Quote from: The Overlord on May 22, 2009, 12:58:33 PM
The crime is flagrant stupidity...and if it's not on the books it ought to be.

Yep, definitely a serious and valid attempt at a Darwin Award. I'm trying to envision the conversation that lead up to this-

"Betch'a I can run with my clothes on fire faster than you!"

"Betch'a you can't!"

I'm sure the conversation went more like this...

"Hey, hold my beer and watch this." (Guy sets self on fire)

"Wow...that's cool, I wanna try!"