Marauder's Era Harry Potter : Dark Times Rising Recruitment (Need Canons)

Started by SweetSerenade, May 24, 2013, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Plot Idea

Your GMs - SweetSerenade and Rogue of TimeWimey Stuff. If you send one a message about something in the RP, you send it to both of them. We will not approve of anyone playing the 'mommy/daddy said' game with us.

Dark Times Rising is a Literate AU Marauders Era Roleplay idea that I have tried to implement before, but have not found a community with dedicated or talented enough writing. AU means Alternate Universe, meaning it will not follow everything that actually happened in the Marauder's Era of the Novels. BUT there will be rules applied. I don't care if Canon couples are broken up, but you damn well better follow Character Personalities (Example: Sirius is a man whore - and was well known for it. He might dabble in some flirting with guys - but he would never take it to serious levels unless he was rip roaring drunk.)

Dark Times Rising is a Marauder's Era Roleplay, set in the Seventh Year for the Marauders. Many dark forces seem to be unfolding around our heros and heroines. Around our Villains, the world is changing. A war is rising and everyone is learning that taking sides may be needed.

There is the Death Eaters, constantly recruiting Pure-Bloods(I'm firm on this, there is VERY few exceptions), and dark creatures.

There is The Order of the Phoenix is recruiting anyone that will fight for the light. To help save the future of their world, to make it a place were anyone and everyone is free to learn magic. Where you are not ruled by tyranny of a Dark Wizard. 

Dark Times Rising goes over this pivotal point of Hogwarts History.

You are welcome to play a Canon, or an OC(Limited Space until sufficient main cast members are filled). If you do not believe that there is many canons that can be played in the Marauder's Era Time line, you are quite wrong. There are so many to choose from! There are many things to be had here. Love and Hate, anguish and elation. A chance of Love, and a hope for the future.

This is the Main plot, there will be sub-plots revolving around the School, and Outside world, that will be put into effect periodically.

I am always open to plot twists.

The Year is 1977

Please refer to our OOC/Rules thread for any of your future needs: Rules and OOC
-Character Thread being created-
-Character Relationship Thread being created-
-Thread Tracker/Time Line being created-

NOTE: There will be /no/ PCs under the age of 16, I will NOT waiver on this.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

kckolbe

I am a huge Hogwarts fan and am definitely interested.  Were you planning on using a system for combat and such?  I have one if interested.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

SweetSerenade

I'm not looking for a dice game, I apologize. I saw the system you have for your game, and already the details and rules I provide are a bit over the top. I have a 'token' system, that players can earn tokens - based on performances in an 'ACT' - which happens over the course of two weeks - each act will earn them a certain amount of tokens (Based on what kind of character they are playing) which can be saved up to earn certain capabilities. I'm generally looking for people interested in just old fashioned roleplaying, with a few game play mechanics added. Generally if I think someone wouldn't be capable of doing something, I'll let them argue their point - but if their answer isn't adequate I'll tell them that their character couldn't possibly accomplish something like that.

For instance, the character I'm going to play is of Druidic descent on her fathers side, and has been trained in those arts since she was very small. So she'll naturally have a higher aptitude for DADA and Herbology, as well as Potions/Poisons. While on her mothers side, her mothers family is descended from the last great king of Sweden - Gustav Vasa. But her mothers family has been purebloods for a /very/ long time. So this gives her a modifier in a higher aptitude towards Magical arts.

I basically am running this rp under the assumption that roleplayers aren't idiots, and someone won't run in balls deep with a "OMG I WANNA PLAY AN ELF/VAMPIRE/ANGEL/-insert ridiculous request with no reasoning here-!!!111"

Google

I do have to go to work soon but the chance to play Voldemort when he is just shedding the life that was Tom Riddle is a very appealing thing to me. I can put together an intro for him but it may take a little time, I do have to go to work soon... but it does open so many possibilities... also interested in possibly giving Lucius a shot but it would honestly have to be one or the other.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Google on May 24, 2013, 12:28:02 PM
I do have to go to work soon but the chance to play Voldemort when he is just shedding the life that was Tom Riddle is a very appealing thing to me. I can put together an intro for him but it may take a little time, I do have to go to work soon... but it does open so many possibilities... also interested in possibly giving Lucius a shot but it would honestly have to be one or the other.

I would be quite glad to have you, Google. Please let me know which you decide upon. I will try to make sure we get adult characters as well as student aged characters. This way the adults have something to do as well. If you need some entertainment as Voldermort, and we do not happen to have a Bellatrix at the time - I'm sure something can be arranged. Depending on what your particular tastes flock to. My character's mother has been missing since the summer, her mother was an Auror - and an Order of the Phoenix member. Possible capture and torture? Though not too much torture, for risk of upsetting a family with ties into Sweden and Norway - which would net him further supporters. XP

Rogue

I've already told you my interest Sweet. I'm going to announce my interest in Sirius Black (because I know I can play a womanizer.)

I'm considering playing Bellatrix as well, more for the interactions with Narcissa and to send her creepy letters of expecting her devotion to the Dark Lord.

I'd like to point out to Google that Voldemort is already in full swing by 1978 and Bella is already a loyal fanatic follower.

Google

I have given it some thought and feel I could very well play both of the characters
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

SweetSerenade

Feel free to pm me your try outs for your characters. I will go over all try outs for a week, before final decisions are made, this is to make it fair and give others a shot to. Is that ok? Also put try out , plus your character  name as the subject.

Google

Of course, will start up intros when I wake up

Clio

Lily Evans!

I really hope she's still available, and I will send you a try-out later tonight. She is my character. You know? If I have a chance to play her, I'll always take it.

Also, since they're seventh years, can they be 18? I would be much more comfortable with that, and as school years often encompass a couple of years age-wise (depending on the month), I think it would be nice to just have all the characters who might be involved in sexual scenes to be 18 or older. But maybe that's just me.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

SweetSerenade

Google - Thank you for the Voldermort Application :D

Christa - Just send me a Pm with your tryout. I do have one tryout for Lily Evans already, but I'm giving a week time period from when I first receive a tryout... to give everyone a chance to give it a shot. Since the RP won't start for a little bit, I want to get the best people possible for the characters.

Will people be able to post actively over the course of each act? I'm thinking each act covers a few weeks our time - so do you think you can get storylines going and complete them in an appropriate manner? Just wanted to ask before hand. Because we have to do this as a small group rp for now - till we get bigger, I will give people the option of starting their own threads. So long as they PM me - so I can post the threads in the 'thread tracker' I will be posting for the group. This will also make it where you guys can keep track of your threads for your characters.

As it stands Tryouts for Lily Evans and Voldermort are active. May the best players win :D

ALSO I would like to note that I will accept 'applications' for two Co-GMS. They have to be people who are on almost regularly, are capable of helping me wean out character profiles (For OCS) and capable of looking over Canon tryouts as well. If you are interested PM Me and say "Darkness Rising Co-GM"

Google

I do have an idea for an original character, one I want to play at the same age as Lilly and James, perhaps even with some sort of history with the others of the same age, perhaps he dated Lily at some earlier point or was a rival of some sort to James, not so much as Snape who played victim but instead a former foil.

I am picturing a pure blood who is uncommitted to the whole war that is raging, former Ravenclaw student, brilliant (in the manner of Hermione where he is intellectually gifted but not quite the Dumbledore or Voldemort game breaker levels) but immensely lazy and unmotivated most of the time.

And the Play By I found for this character.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2804/4169448624_e17ef629fd_o.jpg

Any thoughts?

SweetSerenade

OCs are not allowed to have any form of relationship with the Canon characters - without that Canons permissions. So the players of the Canon character have to give permission. Relationships are also not allowed to be brother/sister/twin... stuff like that. I hope that's something that is alright? I can't say what Lily's player will and won't allow, that's up to them. Which by the way, the tryouts for Lily Evans will be ending soon, just a few days. So anyone interested in playing her really should get their try outs in. :D

(( Also I realize you are using 'hatter' from the Alice Sci-Fi series as your character playby XP ))

Google

Of course, I was not trying to inject myself into canon, just expressing a desire for my character and giving a possible example... just to give the character a more personal stake as neutrality is so very boring if there is not something to pull them into the eventual fight (ok so I might have watched Alice again recently and been partially inspired by the rebel looking for a cause aditude)

SweetSerenade

LOL, I will say this could be potentially very damn interesting :D The roleplay as a whole. The mixture of Canons I see cropping up. As well as the ideas for OCs I hear. My OC is a huge tomboy and predominantly focuses on sports and pranks... *pats Cerri and just barely avoids getting bitten*...

AutoTune

I'm terribly tempted to try and present a little sign-up for Peter Pettigrew or Severus Snape, ironically I've been reading about them thoroughly on the Harry Potter wiki earlier today, but I'm not sure if I would be accepted or not, with the bar of this roleplay set awfully high. >.>
What posting activity rate are you expecting? How much post quantity would you prefer for this roleplay? It usually takes me a day or two to reply to a roleplay, and I try to make a habit of posting three paragraphs of text, but I may drop once in a while if I'm suffering writer's block. I'm also intimidated by the mention of dice and things. I have no idea how to use the dice generator in a roleplay, I've only been playing in normal roleplays, not dice game based ones.

And I'm not sure if Peter or Snape had been claimed or not.
( :
This roleplay looks very tempting though.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: AutoTune on May 30, 2013, 03:22:49 AM
I'm terribly tempted to try and present a little sign-up for Peter Pettigrew or Severus Snape, ironically I've been reading about them thoroughly on the Harry Potter wiki earlier today, but I'm not sure if I would be accepted or not, with the bar of this roleplay set awfully high. >.>
What posting activity rate are you expecting? How much post quantity would you prefer for this roleplay? It usually takes me a day or two to reply to a roleplay, and I try to make a habit of posting three paragraphs of text, but I may drop once in a while if I'm suffering writer's block. I'm also intimidated by the mention of dice and things. I have no idea how to use the dice generator in a roleplay, I've only been playing in normal roleplays, not dice game based ones.

And I'm not sure if Peter or Snape had been claimed or not.
( :
This roleplay looks very tempting though.

Hey! The bar of the roleplay isn't actually that high. I want an intro post of at least four paragraphs, and a normal post of two paragraphs. This is per character. There will be no dice, I'm not really big on dice rolling in a Harry Potter setting.

Neither Peter or Snape have been asked after, and I have received no tryouts for them. Basically you turn in a tryout for them and we wait a week or so from that point. If someone else turns in a tryout, I pick who would be the best. I'm not a believer of 'first come first serve' - I'm a believer of who would be best for the role, and best for the roleplay. :D

Also, the way that this will be set up is different than other group rps. I will have main threads, set for certain 'days' that certain things will be happening in the roleplay... but you are all welcome to start your own threads, to interact with specific characters. I will be getting a calendar for 1978, that details the dates and the lunar calendar. That way people can say "Saturday XX, 1978" as part of their roleplay header in their thread. This is helpful, because I will also be asking all players to turn in the threads they start - to be added to a thread tracker. These will also be added to a timeline in that thread. This is so that we can keep track of everything.

The roleplay will start at the train station, and the first 'Act' will encompass the entirety of September to October 30th. This is because I want everyone to have all their threads completed and culminated (usually about a month or two, possibly three), for the big 'finale' thread of that act. For this one, it would be the Halloween Plot I'm throwing at all the students. For the adults, it's a bit more fluid, they will be allowed to just flow through as they see fit, so long as they make sure their threads are on the thread tracker and Timeline appropriately. :D

Also, I will not limit people to sticking their threads in specific sections, for the time being. If/When the roleplay gets large enough to get it's own subsection, I will put it in a 'umbrella coverage' style section, meaning it will likely be in the Extreme. You are not going to be forced to do threads you are not interested in, I am FULLY advocating open communication between roleplayers. Your limits and wants WILL be followed, and you should never at any point feel uncomfortable. If someone is doing this, please report it to me IMMEDIATELY. I will speak to them, and turn in a 'precursory' report to the staff, so if the problem persists they will be removed from the roleplay. I do not think anyone will do this, but I want you all to understand that this is a very grim and adult roleplay. Our characters are no longer children really, and they are stepping into the harsh reality of the war.

Rogue

Just dropping by to say I will start writing my try outs tomorrow. Really don't think I have the energy to do so tonight.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on May 30, 2013, 09:35:37 PM
Just dropping by to say I will start writing my try outs tomorrow. Really don't think I have the energy to do so tonight.

No Problem :D

Once all of the characters we need have passed tryout (even during the process) I'll get all the rules and details written up. Try to explain it to people in an easy way, exactly how this will go. The first day - at the train station, will be a mandatory for all student at the start of the roleplay. It's how we start the year off. From there, you can shift off to your own threads after the Opening Feast.

I'm thinking about taking on the role of James again, I've done him before in the past. I think after that the only 'Marauder' we would need would be Remus :D (Since we have someone applying as Peter) :D

Though having a Dumbledore would be Cool... I'll NPC him for the time being, and any other 'teacher' character needed. *stretches* Yes, classes will be a part of things.

Everyone needs to remember that James Potter and Lily Evans are the Head boy and Head girl. There is still prefects for each of the houses. There is six prefects for each hours. Two Fifth Years (Not playable), Two Sixth Years, and Two Seventh Years. One male, one female. Remus is a Prefect, it was done in an attempt to help him keep track of his friends in the fifth year. Lily was the female prefect for Gryffindor chosen beside Remus in their Fifth year.

Also, Head Boy and Head girl don't have to be chosen from Prefects. As is the case with James.

Hopefully this is helpful? :D

ALSO I want to get a general consensus from the players. Where would you like the main bulk of the roleplay to be held?

SweetSerenade

All details have been updated! We are doing really good! Would all interested parties who posed an interest in trying out please send in tryouts? Once I have gotten all the interested parties 'tried out' we will begin the roleplay. I have to get OC profiles ready to go, get all of the OOC details laid out. I also want to get a general consensus from the group on which forum we want the main threads to be in. Some ideas would be lovely :D

fireandblood

*peeks in*

Hi there! I don't know if it's too late to try out...

If it isn't, I'd love to try and tackle Bellatrix (though she may prove to be quite difficult) and perhaps an OC female teacher I've been thinking up? If you don't want any OC teachers I'd be glad to switch her to student. I don't know how you're feeling about OCs at this point, just thought I might throw it out there.

Sorry if I'm past the deadline or anything - just let me know!

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireandblood on June 02, 2013, 11:22:56 PM
*peeks in*

Hi there! I don't know if it's too late to try out...

If it isn't, I'd love to try and tackle Bellatrix (though she may prove to be quite difficult) and perhaps an OC female teacher I've been thinking up? If you don't want any OC teachers I'd be glad to switch her to student. I don't know how you're feeling about OCs at this point, just thought I might throw it out there.

Sorry if I'm past the deadline or anything - just let me know!

OCs will be considered once the Canons have passed their tryout time. There is another person who was interested in playing Bellatrix as well, so the two of you would end up going against each other to try out for her. I don't do 'first come first serve' I do - who plays the best characterization. Anyways! I am really not going to accept OC teachers as of now - students are a possibility. Adults OCs in the normal HP world, to interact with the other Adults is someone more likely to be accepted.

As when it comes to the OCs, until we have an equal balance of male and females and the houses... I will only allow a certain amount. There is only allowed two female OCs for Gryffindor, two male oCs... and so on and so forth per house. One female is a Seventh, one a Sixth. I may allow more OCs in other houses, to balance out the number of Gryffindors/Slytherins/Ravenclaws/Hufflepuffs... I will state that I have reserved the Seventh Year Gryffindor female for myself.

fireandblood

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 02, 2013, 11:29:41 PM
OCs will be considered once the Canons have passed their tryout time. There is another person who was interested in playing Bellatrix as well, so the two of you would end up going against each other to try out for her. I don't do 'first come first serve' I do - who plays the best characterization. Anyways! I am really not going to accept OC teachers as of now - students are a possibility. Adults OCs in the normal HP world, to interact with the other Adults is someone more likely to be accepted.

As when it comes to the OCs, until we have an equal balance of male and females and the houses... I will only allow a certain amount. There is only allowed two female OCs for Gryffindor, two male oCs... and so on and so forth per house. One female is a Seventh, one a Sixth. I may allow more OCs in other houses, to balance out the number of Gryffindors/Slytherins/Ravenclaws/Hufflepuffs... I will state that I have reserved the Seventh Year Gryffindor female for myself.

Totally understand!

Hmmm... Has anyone called for Remus yet? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at playing a tortured werewolf. If someone's snagged him though I'll try out for Bellatrix.

And as far as an OC goes... If you wouldn't mind, I would like to try out perhaps a Slytherin 7th year female? Maybe Head Girl or a Prefect? I have ideas for her character that I'd love to run by you as well. :)

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireandblood on June 02, 2013, 11:38:24 PM
Totally understand!

Hmmm... Has anyone called for Remus yet? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at playing a tortured werewolf. If someone's snagged him though I'll try out for Bellatrix.

And as far as an OC goes... If you wouldn't mind, I would like to try out perhaps a Slytherin 7th year female? Maybe Head Girl or a Prefect? I have ideas for her character that I'd love to run by you as well. :)

She'd likely be a prefect, because Lily is Head Girl and James is Head Boy, if you got to play her. No one has asked for Remus actually, but you do need to remember this is 1978 and he's in his seventh year of Hogwarts. He's also a prefect. The Head Boy and Head Girl are not always chosen from Prefects, hence why James - who was never a prefect - is Head Boy, and why Lily (made a prefect in the fifth year) is Head Girl.

fireandblood

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 02, 2013, 11:40:23 PM
She'd likely be a prefect, because Lily is Head Girl and James is Head Boy, if you got to play her. No one has asked for Remus actually, but you do need to remember this is 1978 and he's in his seventh year of Hogwarts. He's also a prefect. The Head Boy and Head Girl are not always chosen from Prefects, hence why James - who was never a prefect - is Head Boy, and why Lily (made a prefect in the fifth year) is Head Girl.

I meant to delete Head Girl -_- I thought of it while I was typing it and presently was distracted by my cat trying to fall asleep on my keyboard. I meant to just say prefect. It's been awhile since I tried out Marauders' Era or any sort of Harry Potter game.

I actually do think I'd like to try Remus. It'll be fun to write about him sneaking out with the gang during his transformations. I've been reading his history on the Harry Potter Wiki - he only kept it secret until their second year, and that's why the others decided to become Animagi, so that they could go out with him once a month. I never knew that.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireandblood on June 02, 2013, 11:47:27 PM
I meant to delete Head Girl -_- I thought of it while I was typing it and presently was distracted by my cat trying to fall asleep on my keyboard. I meant to just say prefect. It's been awhile since I tried out Marauders' Era or any sort of Harry Potter game.

I actually do think I'd like to try Remus. It'll be fun to write about him sneaking out with the gang during his transformations. I've been reading his history on the Harry Potter Wiki - he only kept it secret until their second year, and that's why the others decided to become Animagi, so that they could go out with him once a month. I never knew that.

It's pretty interesting :D

To try out for Remus just send me a PM

AutoTune

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 30, 2013, 03:46:47 PM
Hey! The bar of the roleplay isn't actually that high. I want an intro post of at least four paragraphs, and a normal post of two paragraphs. This is per character. There will be no dice, I'm not really big on dice rolling in a Harry Potter setting.
YAY no dice. And it seemed pretty high up there because I have'nt roleplayed in a group at E before. : )

QuoteNeither Peter or Snape have been asked after, and I have received no tryouts for them. Basically you turn in a tryout for them and we wait a week or so from that point. If someone else turns in a tryout, I pick who would be the best. I'm not a believer of 'first come first serve' - I'm a believer of who would be best for the role, and best for the roleplay. :D
This is a very interesting philospohy, I like it. : )
I'll send you Peter Pettigrew and Snape shortly. I never tried writing a story in Perter Petigrew's point of view, so I dunno how well I'll do. What exactly are you looking for in a PMed character thingy? Like, how I would start off my first reply in a roleplay, or just writing in general? Never mind I'm just gonna PM you.

QuoteAlso, the way that this will be set up is different than other group rps. I will have main threads, set for certain 'days' that certain things will be happening in the roleplay... but you are all welcome to start your own threads, to interact with specific characters. I will be getting a calendar for 1978, that details the dates and the lunar calendar. That way people can say "Saturday XX, 1978" as part of their roleplay header in their thread. This is helpful, because I will also be asking all players to turn in the threads they start - to be added to a thread tracker. These will also be added to a timeline in that thread. This is so that we can keep track of everything.

The roleplay will start at the train station, and the first 'Act' will encompass the entirety of September to October 30th. This is because I want everyone to have all their threads completed and culminated (usually about a month or two, possibly three), for the big 'finale' thread of that act. For this one, it would be the Halloween Plot I'm throwing at all the students. For the adults, it's a bit more fluid, they will be allowed to just flow through as they see fit, so long as they make sure their threads are on the thread tracker and Timeline appropriately. :D
Now these extra threads business is why I was a bit daunted, because I have no idea what extra threads are for. I'll try to roleplay to the best of my abilities, but I might not get it right the first few tries.

QuoteAlso, I will not limit people to sticking their threads in specific sections, for the time being. If/When the roleplay gets large enough to get it's own subsection, I will put it in a 'umbrella coverage' style section, meaning it will likely be in the Extreme. You are not going to be forced to do threads you are not interested in, I am FULLY advocating open communication between roleplayers. Your limits and wants WILL be followed, and you should never at any point feel uncomfortable. If someone is doing this, please report it to me IMMEDIATELY. I will speak to them, and turn in a 'precursory' report to the staff, so if the problem persists they will be removed from the roleplay. I do not think anyone will do this, but I want you all to understand that this is a very grim and adult roleplay. Our characters are no longer children really, and they are stepping into the harsh reality of the war.
Noted and acknowledged, I'll let you know my limits in a PM if that's required. : )

SweetSerenade

Quote from: AutoTune on June 04, 2013, 01:59:42 AM
YAY no dice. And it seemed pretty high up there because I have'nt roleplayed in a group at E before. : )
This is a very interesting philospohy, I like it. : )
I'll send you Peter Pettigrew and Snape shortly. I never tried writing a story in Perter Petigrew's point of view, so I dunno how well I'll do. What exactly are you looking for in a PMed character thingy? Like, how I would start off my first reply in a roleplay, or just writing in general? Never mind I'm just gonna PM you.
Now these extra threads business is why I was a bit daunted, because I have no idea what extra threads are for. I'll try to roleplay to the best of my abilities, but I might not get it right the first few tries.
Noted and acknowledged, I'll let you know my limits in a PM if that's required. : )

When it comes to your tryout I'm just looking for an 'intro post' basically anywhere 4 paragraphs and up, of you playing the character. This gives me an idea of how you will play them.

The extra threads are for character interactions. I will only be holding a main thread for each week, which usually will encompass some classes and character interactions. The extra things are something you talk about with another character player, and set up to play on the side during the time of the Act. This is so people can see the 'behind the scenes' with some of the characters. For instance, something that might be a side thread is the 'full moon' situations with Remus and his buddies. Most characters cannot get involved, just those in the scenario. The act won't be considered 'complete' till all the threads are completed, and then we go for the culmination of that Act. The culmination of the First Act is the Halloween Ball. The Culmination of Act Two is the Yule Ball - before all the students either head off home, or stay at school. Then, the next 'two weeks' of the roleplay (before everyone gets back together after new years) is sort of a... well bonus story time. Whatever you want to do in it, you can do.

fireandblood

So excited to (hopefully) play Remus. Glad my 'tryout' went well. And I think my potential OC will fit well with the Slytherins.

SweetSerenade

I still need to get a consensus from the players, which section would you like the Main threads to be? I was going to put it in Extreme, so we have blanket coverage for anything and everything that might happen. Then when players want to start a thread for the group, you can post it in whatever area of the board you are comfortable with?

I'm hoping that this method will help promote roleplaying in the group, and help us get over the post count we need to be considered an actual group - and get our own section :D

fireandblood

Yeah I think Extreme is good; that way, any wanted kinks can be included and any unwanted can be excluded.

AutoTune

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 04, 2013, 01:35:24 PM

When it comes to your tryout I'm just looking for an 'intro post' basically anywhere 4 paragraphs and up, of you playing the character. This gives me an idea of how you will play them.

That I can do, I'm writing it up, hopefully it will be ready before thurdsay or friday. : )

QuoteThe extra threads are for character interactions. I will only be holding a main thread for each week, which usually will encompass some classes and character interactions. The extra things are something you talk about with another character player, and set up to play on the side during the time of the Act. This is so people can see the 'behind the scenes' with some of the characters. For instance, something that might be a side thread is the 'full moon' situations with Remus and his buddies. Most characters cannot get involved, just those in the scenario. The act won't be considered 'complete' till all the threads are completed, and then we go for the culmination of that Act. The culmination of the First Act is the Halloween Ball. The Culmination of Act Two is the Yule Ball - before all the students either head off home, or stay at school. Then, the next 'two weeks' of the roleplay (before everyone gets back together after new years) is sort of a... well bonus story time. Whatever you want to do in it, you can do.

Uhhh.
So it's like a play, and each extra topic is a studio set? I'm guessing?

fireandblood

Definitely not trying to pester or rush or anything - just curious!

Do you have any idea how soon we'll be starting? With the OC profiles, the intro thread, etc?

Also I'm terribly excited! :)

SweetSerenade

Autotune - quite similar actually.

Fire - We'll be starting once we get all of the tryouts finished. Then I'll work on getting all the rules and details posted up, and also work on character profiles :D I know you are excited, but I should expect it to be at least two more weeks before we get started.

fireandblood

Understandable! I was just wondering because my posting speed will decrease relatively soon - once I get home from my summer semester my time online will be limited because of work, etc. But hopefully I'll be able to at least do a couple of posts a day.

Just curious :)

Google

Looking forward to posting my OOC which I am cooking up, have an entire extisential theme that I have put together in my head, nihilism vs antinihilism being the major touch stone for what I have cooked up.

SweetSerenade

Oh? That sounds interesting. Make sure to run any major plots by me and the Co-GM first. I'll announce the Co-Gm later though. I don't care if characters want to have small minor plots, but if you plan anything major - please run them by me first :D

Google

Of course, for my OC I will be playing it  mostly by ear, a character that stands on the knife edge of morality. Had to take a few days break while helping some pilots with escape resist and evasion training in the field but now I am back.

SweetSerenade

No problem, understandable. I want it known that there is no promise of OCs, but a high likelihood that each person who is playing a canon will get at least one OC capability. As a sort of thank you... but you have to be playing that canon well... >.> And treat them equally.

SweetSerenade

Alright! So the currently applied for characters have been accepted. If anyone still wishes to play a canon, or tryout for a Canon I will have tryouts open for another two weeks. I have a few things going on, so it will eat up my time with getting the OOC threads done. But this roleplay will still happen. I want to hear how all of you are feeling, and what interesting ideas you have :D

AutoTune

I feel like I wouldn't mind writing on the spot, so I really don't have any solid ideas. I also don't know when exactly Severus Snape became interested in the Death Eaters, and when he betrayed them in favor of the Order. Any one have any advice?

Ember Star

I'm interested in this. Really tired right now, though. Probably interested in either Luna Lovegood or a OC
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Rogue

Marauder's Era, Ember. So James, Sirius, Lupin and the bunch, not the series main timeline. *smiles* Cannons are still available and I believe Sweets has opened up for OCs. Details are first post.

Ember Star

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 23, 2013, 12:15:49 AM
Marauder's Era, Ember. So James, Sirius, Lupin and the bunch, not the series main timeline. *smiles* Cannons are still available and I believe Sweets has opened up for OCs. Details are first post.
Oops. Sorry. Like I said. Tired. Had about five hours of sleep.

Alrighty. Thanks! :)

I'll read over stuff again tomorrow and come up with an OC concept to pm Sweet about.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

SweetSerenade

I still need to get a profile laid out, just dealing with some baby issues... not liking food right now. XD

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 23, 2013, 12:25:35 AM
I still need to get a profile laid out, just dealing with some baby issues... not liking food right now. XD
No worries. Baby first. I'm in no rush. Just excited about a HP RP. Started out with HP RP, so it's my RP roots. I always want to join HP groups when I see them. Plus I know what kind of talent you have :D

AutoTune

QuoteI don't know when exactly Severus Snape became interested in the Death Eaters, and when he betrayed them in favor of the Order. Any one have any advice?
No one has any advice? :-\

Rogue

*Smiles at Auto* not specifically. It's all up to you since there are rumors of Snape hanging with the junior Death Eater Brigade when he was still in school (Around both 6/7th year). Or, more specifically, whenever it was that Lily made her final rebuke to him by choosing James over him. This is RP though and if you go for Snape/Lily, you can always talk to SapphireStar about this. This is also for if you prefer true good Snape, because Lily, cannonically, has that kind of influence on him. It's all about what you want to do which is why I held off on advice.

Ember Star

Quote from: AutoTune on June 23, 2013, 03:50:56 AM
No one has any advice? :-\
The flashbacks/memories of Snape given to Harry when he dies explains a lot of that. I think that's the right spot anyway. My mind's still foggy. Anyway, I suggest rereading that chapter to help with that.

Ember Star

Okay, read through it all again. Few random thoughts here.

Are you still looking for Co-GMs? While I've never done a HP RP in this era, I am qualified for the job having had started with HP RP and gone on to Co-GM that group and three reboots of it across two different sites. So, I'll be happy to offer my services and experience for this group if they're needed.

While I am tempted to try out for Bellatrix (I adore playing crazy women), I also have a few OC characters buzzing around in my head and I generally prefer OCs to CCs. I'm actually considering bringing my student from my old groups in. She's a Animagus though, would that be okay?

SweetSerenade

Please remember Ember that this is in 1978. Also I would need to know a few other details then that. For instance, house and year. Currently speaking the way Ocs are looking, for the only confirmed ones I have (which is just my own) the following details I have are this.

1. Female Gryffindor 7th Year (Taken)
2. Male Gryffindor 7th Year
3. Female Gryffindor 6th Year
4. Male Gryffindor 6th Year

1. Female Slytherin 7th Year
2. Male Slytherin 7th Year
3. Female Slytherin 6th Year
4. Male Slytherin 6th Year

1. Female Hufflepuff 7th Year
2. Male Hufflepuff 7th Year
3. Female Hufflepuff 6th Year
4. Male Hufflepuff 6th Year

1. Female Ravenclaw 7th Year
2. Male Ravenclaw 7th Year
3. Female Ravenclaw 6th Year
4. Male Ravenclaw 6th Year

That's the Limit to OCs for now. I do this so we don't saturate a particular house or Year. When we get all of the OCs for a year filled, and we get more Canons to keep things balanced as well... I will open another set of OC slots. Meaning... if we get all 8 of the 7th years we need... I will open 8 more Seventh year slots. Same for the Sixth Years.

Adult OCs are unlimited, but if you sign up for a female, you cannot get another female unless we have more males than females.

When the Rp fully opens up, I will keep track of the number of Males and Females in each year, House, and among the Adults. This way we can keep better track of numbers and people will know what is and isn't available at that time.

I know this seems really restrictive, but I think it's the most logical way to handle things.

As for Co-Gms right now I have Rogue for the School, I was thinking about talking to Google to find out if he wanted to be the Co-Gm for the Adult group.

Ember Star

No. No. How you're setting it up makes perfect sense to me. Trust me, having had helped managed so much Hogwarts related stuff, I know how out of hand things can get.

Amira could pass for either 6th or 7th year. Doesn't matter. Her house would have to be Ravenclaw, though. As for more information, I actually have a version of her for a group I was (briefly) in here. If you look in my O/O thread, you'll see it. Amira Belladonna Sly is her name. Things about her can be edited here and there if need be, as long as I get to keep her as she is. I also have a real picture for her, I just don't have it up in that profile. 

And yes, I know and understand the year now, it doesn't phase me. LOL. I was just flaked out last night.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on June 23, 2013, 07:06:50 PM
No. No. How you're setting it up makes perfect sense to me. Trust me, having had helped managed so much Hogwarts related stuff, I know how out of hand things can get.

Amira could pass for either 6th or 7th year. Doesn't matter. Her house would have to be Ravenclaw, though. As for more information, I actually have a version of her for a group I was (briefly) in here. If you look in my O/O thread, you'll see it. Amira Belladonna Sly is her name. Things about her can be edited here and there if need be, as long as I get to keep her as she is. I also have a real picture for her, I just don't have it up in that profile. 

And yes, I know and understand the year now, it doesn't phase me. LOL. I was just flaked out last night.

I'm still hesitant on the whole Animagus thing. My character Cerridwen is learning to be an Animgus, but she hasn't gotten to her first transformation. It's highly complicated magic, and only someone with intensive training (or luck in the marauders case, lots of stupid luck) can manage it. Cerridwen has several family members in the Auror's program, who have been training her - and that's the job she plans on having as soon as she is out of school. So she's been learning as part of her training regimen.

If she was a REGISTERED Animagus, and has a GOOD reason for knowing how to be an Animagus, and kept it quiet from the other students, that would be another matter. But I am REALLY REALLY iffy on an OC being an Animagus straight from the get go.

Ember Star

I can remove the Animagus part if need be. I've done so before for other groups I've had her in.

However, as for reasoning, I do have it (though not in that version of her profile). Her mother was a wand maker, and also a Animagus, both her grandparents on her mother's side were also Animaguses. So that's makes it a time honored family tradition, and since she's the last of her mother's line, she worked very hard to be apart of that tradition (with instructional help from her mother's house elf). She's also very smart and driven, and wants to be either a Auror or a Professor, too.

that background I have on that profile does not go into great details. But I've had one version or another of this character for 4 years, so I can go in depth wherever you need me to.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on June 23, 2013, 07:19:14 PM
I can remove the Animagus part if need be. I've done so before for other groups I've had her in.

However, as for reasoning, I do have it (though not in that version of her profile). Her mother was a wand maker, and also a Animagus, both her grandparents on her mother's side were also Animaguses. So that's makes it a time honored family tradition, and since she's the last of her mother's line, she worked very hard to be apart of that tradition (with instructional help from her mother's house elf). She's also very smart and driven, and wants to be either a Auror or a Professor, too.

that background I have on that profile does not go into great details. But I've had one version or another of this character for 4 years, so I can go in depth wherever you need me to.

I actually have rather strict minimum requirements for character profiles. I want to be able to know the character, before they join the Rp. So the history of certain kinds of magic is a bonus. Do realize that just because others can do it, doesn't mean you can manage it. Animagus is a learned magic, and the propensity for it isn't genetic. You might get lucky and be able to, but it's that first transformation that is the most dangerous. Also as a note you Animagus is almost always the same as your Patronus, it tends to vary very little. In some cases it's different.

Like Cerridwen's Animagus is a Wolf (when she's done) and her Patronus is a Dragon. The wolf is closer to her nature, for her animal. While the Dragon is the ultimate personification of a Druids idea of a protector.

Ember Star

oh trust me, I know. See, I first started playing this character as a 11 year old (she's actually my very first character I've ever made) first arriving at Hogwarts (my last plays of her have been at 17-18), and she was dreaming of becoming one even then. Which made her damn determined. I've been able to RP several major points in her life, including her first Animagus transformation (which was when she was 16, around Christmas time), which actually came close to destroying her.

Also note that I've had her as the seeker on the Ravenclaw Quiddish team since 3rd year and Captain of the Ravenclaw Quiddish team since mid 5th year. So I'd like to hopefully be able to keep the first of those, if not the latter.

Ember Star

but like I said I can revert her back to either trying to, or dreaming of becoming a Animagus if need be. I'd just like to keep it, if possible. But I'm not going to fret if I can't.

SweetSerenade

Seeker for Ravenclaw is fine, if she has the build for it. I'm not going to let characters that are two tall/curvy/bulky be a seeker, cause it doesn't fit the seeker dynamics. The best seekers, those that last for years, are lanky. Also, I'm thinking Captainship is usually something that gets passed to a Sixth year from a Seventh year (like in the case of James being the Captain in his Seventh year) - Very rarely is it passed early. Usually the Captain picks their Co-captain at the beginning of Sixth year, and starts grooming them to take over in Seventh, and that cycle continues to repeat itself. So that only the most skilled/dedicated players can get the position. :D

Ember Star

oh, trust me, she's not too tall or bulky. She's like 5'4", slender, and 110lb. As for why she got captainship when she did, it was a case of the previous captain attacking a Hufflepuff player and getting stripped of his position on the team. Amira was chosen because she was simply the best player left on the team (since some of the 6th and 7th year players (including the Co captain) quit because of loyalty to the previous captain). However, I'm perfectly happy negating all that and having it passed to her normally if it means she'll get to keep captainship.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on June 23, 2013, 08:10:00 PM
oh, trust me, she's not too tall or bulky. She's like 5'4", slender, and 110lb. As for why she got captainship when she did, it was a case of the previous captain attacking a Hufflepuff player and getting stripped of his position on the team. Amira was chosen because she was simply the best player left on the team (since some of the 6th and 7th year players (including the Co captain) quit because of loyalty to the previous captain). However, I'm perfectly happy negating all that and having it passed to her normally if it means she'll get to keep captainship.

If you are willing to move it to Co-Captain in Sixth year, Captain the start of the year, I'll be a bit more ok with it. Perhaps even Captain since Sixth year, because of the situation?

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 23, 2013, 08:10:56 PM
If you are willing to move it to Co-Captain in Sixth year, Captain the start of the year, I'll be a bit more ok with it. Perhaps even Captain since Sixth year, because of the situation?
I would be perfectly happy doing either of those :) Whichever one suits your fancy, I'm easy to work with.

oh and this is my real picture for her instead of the anime art I have in that old profile.

Rogue

Out of curiosity does your character have heterochromia? Or was that just the lighting in the photo?

Ember Star

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 23, 2013, 09:13:05 PM
Out of curiosity does your character have heterochromia? Or was that just the lighting in the photo?
She does have heterochromia. I actually had to get somebody to Photoshop those eyes to the right colors.  I also have this which is my anime/art picture of her.

Rogue

SweetSerenade

You know what I really want? A group Artist. If they were good enough, i'd make them the 'image mod' for the group. XD People would have to make deals with them to get character art, or the player who happens to be the art mod... if they see a thread that particularly strikes their fancy... art of it would be cool. I only had this once, but it was with a SailorMoon Rp XD

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 23, 2013, 10:36:35 PM
You know what I really want? A group Artist. If they were good enough, i'd make them the 'image mod' for the group. XD People would have to make deals with them to get character art, or the player who happens to be the art mod... if they see a thread that particularly strikes their fancy... art of it would be cool. I only had this once, but it was with a SailorMoon Rp XD
That would be awesome.

Ember Star

also, can you go ahead and let me know for sure about which quiddish captain path to take and about the animagus stuff, soon? I kinda feel like going ahead and rewriting and expanding her background, so those two details will be handy to have when I do :)

minerva7790

I've got some interest in playing an OC Ravenclaw girl. Seems like one of those is taken by Ember Star, but from what I gather, she's still undecided on 6th or 7th year?

Also, how do I go about making a profile or applying for an OC character?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

I don't have any of the OOC and Detail threads up, nor any of the rule threads. Sorry, I was waiting a bit on that. Ember had decided upon a 7th year Ravenclaw, which means the 6th is open. But I can only let people take a tentative claim - for the time being. :D

AutoTune

Quote from: Ember Star on June 23, 2013, 08:52:18 AM
The flashbacks/memories of Snape given to Harry when he dies explains a lot of that. I think that's the right spot anyway. My mind's still foggy. Anyway, I suggest rereading that chapter to help with that.
I don't have time to read the books, sorry, but thank you for the advice.

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 23, 2013, 08:30:56 AM
*Smiles at Auto* not specifically. It's all up to you since there are rumors of Snape hanging with the junior Death Eater Brigade when he was still in school (Around both 6/7th year). Or, more specifically, whenever it was that Lily made her final rebuke to him by choosing James over him. This is RP though and if you go for Snape/Lily, you can always talk to SapphireStar about this. This is also for if you prefer true good Snape, because Lily, cannonically, has that kind of influence on him. It's all about what you want to do which is why I held off on advice.
Thanks for the ideas and insight. (:

Ember Star

you'd really would only have to reread the one chapter in the one book to get the information you seek. (I'm assuming you've already read the books once)

minerva7790

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 24, 2013, 12:50:53 AM
I don't have any of the OOC and Detail threads up, nor any of the rule threads. Sorry, I was waiting a bit on that. Ember had decided upon a 7th year Ravenclaw, which means the 6th is open. But I can only let people take a tentative claim - for the time being. :D

Ok sure! I can start working on a profile immediately, actually. I've got a vague idea, just need to let the ideas take seed... I'd just like to check with you on the rules about having a character of a different ethnicity. She will be born in the UK as a British subject, but her Muggle parents migrated after World War Two to start a new life.

Quote from: AutoTune on June 24, 2013, 02:24:07 AM
I don't have time to read the books, sorry, but thank you for the advice.
Thanks for the ideas and insight. (:

I believe Severus was hanging out with some of the "junior Death Eater Brigade", as TimeyWimey calls them, in Year 5. One of the flashbacks mentioned in Ember's chapter talks about this. But if you want a specific time when he decided to be a Death Eater, canon won't help you on that. If you ask me, Lily and James getting together in Year 7 probably sealed it for Severus, but it might have been earlier than that. But as TimeyWimey says, this is RP. ;)

You had another question about when he decided to betray Voldemort in favour of the Order. That's easier to answer: when he found out that Voldemort was going to kill the Potters, including his beloved Lily. That will be after his Hogwarts years though.

SweetSerenade

Working on profiles is good an all, but just get details down. I'm making a brand new profile format for this roleplay, and the coding will take me a bit. I need to wait till the baby isn't being such an arse to my stomach.

Ember Star

I'm rewriting her biography, but that's it. I know better than to include a bunch of categories until a format is posted.  Just feel like getting it down.

Already have 8+ paragraphs and I'm only at the point where she gets her Hogwarts letter. LOL.

Rogue

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 24, 2013, 11:08:58 AM
Ok sure! I can start working on a profile immediately, actually. I've got a vague idea, just need to let the ideas take seed... I'd just like to check with you on the rules about having a character of a different ethnicity. She will be born in the UK as a British subject, but her Muggle parents migrated after World War Two to start a new life.

I believe Severus was hanging out with some of the "junior Death Eater Brigade", as TimeyWimey calls them, in Year 5. One of the flashbacks mentioned in Ember's chapter talks about this. But if you want a specific time when he decided to be a Death Eater, canon won't help you on that. If you ask me, Lily and James getting together in Year 7 probably sealed it for Severus, but it might have been earlier than that. But as TimeyWimey says, this is RP. ;)

You had another question about when he decided to betray Voldemort in favour of the Order. That's easier to answer: when he found out that Voldemort was going to kill the Potters, including his beloved Lily. That will be after his Hogwarts years though.

*Smiles softly* I go by Rogue, but yeah, the fifth year sounds right as well. You know how that goes... Fannon and cannon getting all screwed up. Also, There is the whole theory that since old Voldie wasn't meant to kill Lily (via the dementor flashbacks) that he defected to the light because Voldie killed Lily not before.

minerva7790

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 24, 2013, 12:56:09 PM
Working on profiles is good an all, but just get details down. I'm making a brand new profile format for this roleplay, and the coding will take me a bit. I need to wait till the baby isn't being such an arse to my stomach.

Alright, I'll keep brewing ideas in my cauldron till then!

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 24, 2013, 02:05:45 PM
*Smiles softly* I go by Rogue, but yeah, the fifth year sounds right as well. You know how that goes... Fannon and cannon getting all screwed up. Also, There is the whole theory that since old Voldie wasn't meant to kill Lily (via the dementor flashbacks) that he defected to the light because Voldie killed Lily not before.

Alright then, hi Rogue! TimeyWimey is cooler though, even if it's a bit of a mouthful. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey. :D

That theory is plausible, if not for those bits in Book 7 where Snape pleads Dumbledore to help save Lily. I think Snape also mentioned trying to beg Voldemort to save her life, and that might be why Voldemort tried to spare Lily, maybe as a favour to Snape. I hope I'm not confusing the movie with the book here though, because when I think about this, all I can see is the scene from the movie playing in my head.

Rogue

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 24, 2013, 10:45:03 PM
Alright, I'll keep brewing ideas in my cauldron till then!

Alright then, hi Rogue! TimeyWimey is cooler though, even if it's a bit of a mouthful. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey. :D

That theory is plausible, if not for those bits in Book 7 where Snape pleads Dumbledore to help save Lily. I think Snape also mentioned trying to beg Voldemort to save her life, and that might be why Voldemort tried to spare Lily, maybe as a favour to Snape. I hope I'm not confusing the movie with the book here though, because when I think about this, all I can see is the scene from the movie playing in my head.

*curses mildly since she was unable to get a hold of her solid copies the last time she went home* Anyone feel like checking that? I don't feel like rifling through an e-book for the information, though I will if I have to.

Ember Star

*looks up "how to draw Harry Potter wand" on YouTube, finds one video done by a 10 year old in bad lighting and bad video quality* Ugh. Fine I'll do without. Can't be that hard to draw a presentable wand without instructions, can it? Oh wait, I'm mad picky and overly critical of my own work and have trouble drawing straight lines. *mumbles* Well at least I have time to practice and I don't think Sweets requires a visual, I just want one after all this time.
Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 24, 2013, 11:20:40 PM
*curses mildly since she was unable to get a hold of her solid copies the last time she went home* Anyone feel like checking that? I don't feel like rifling through an e-book for the information, though I will if I have to.
I'll try to later.

Rogue

SweetSerenade

Do some research on wands please? The woods and cores mean different things, and the woods are actually tied to the sacred celtic trees :D

The Harry Potter Wikia has SO much to offer in the way of details on wands. :D

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 24, 2013, 11:23:52 PM
Do some research on wands please? The woods and cores mean different things, and the woods are actually tied to the sacred celtic trees :D

Yes, dear, I know a great deal about wand lore. I did a good bit of research on it a couple of years ago because of Amira's mother. I've considered changing it to something that makes more sense than cherry wood over the years. It's just has never been an issue in the groups I've joined, so I haven't bothered. I designed the wand before I got into doing wandlore research.

Rogue

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 24, 2013, 11:23:52 PM

Ummmmm.... Not all of this is Cannon but... research!

Ember Star

but just so you know, cherry is acceptable as wand wood. So I just assume not change it at this point.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Cherry_(tree)

SweetSerenade

Ember but is the wood acceptable for your characters Archetype? The wood is connected to the soul, as odd as it sounds. It's important that the wood has some connection to the person themselves. :D

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 24, 2013, 11:34:20 PM
Ember but is the wood acceptable for your characters Archetype? The wood is connected to the soul, as odd as it sounds. It's important that the wood has some connection to the person themselves. :D
I know. That's why I've considered changing it over the years. When I picked it I didn't know much about wandlore and I'm not sure it's the prefect choice for my character. Though there are points of it that fit her and the importance of the wand quite well, I'm just not sure they all do. It's just one of those thing, when you've had a character for 4 years, you kinda hate to change the little details do to personal attachment.

SweetSerenade

Well takes some time and dig through the wood components, and see what would most fit her and what she will become?

For instance, I'm considering digging through and seeing if 'Rowan' is really that fitting for Cerridwen. Though I've always made her wand core 'pookah tail hair' - because if you know the old legends of Pookahs... the creature is actually QUITE fitting for her nature... she really is mischief... Ollivander noted that not a single Rowan wand he had sold has ever been held by a Dark Wizard. Rowan wands almost always go to 'pure-hearted' individuals. I'm thinking about digging through the woods and seeing if there is a more fitting food for Cerridwen.

Ember Star

points that fit

a rare wood to use for wands - this wand was suppose to be her mother's masterpiece in her carer thus far before she was killed. Amira is a rarity herself, with her unusual eyes, deep red hair, and the fact that she is the last of a line of talents witches and wizards. She is no exception to hee family's rare talents.

Strangely powerful - again, referring back to her family line. Amira has power, though she does not boost about it or show it off.

self control - this is mainly referring to dragon heartstrings, but nonetheless, Amira has a great deal of self control. Calm, quiet, shy even, yet she still manages to lead her Quiddish teammates and has never had an outburst at another student over anything. Despite wanting to sometimes

SweetSerenade

Well if you really feel so, then still use it. :D I'm digging through, and will come up with an explanation for Cerridwen's wand if it ends up with a weird combination. Which I am thinking it may end up being so. XD

minerva7790

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 24, 2013, 11:20:40 PM

Alright, I was lazy just now, but I've dug out my copy of Deathly Hallows. Chapter 33, The Prince's Tale. Page 543 of the UK edition, Snape comes to Dumbledore with a 'request' to hide the Potters. Dumbledore's tone of words suggest that Snape has not been working with the Order before this. Snape promises to give Dumbledore 'anything' in return. The scene after this is between Dumbledore and Snape discussing the failure to keep Lily safe, but the need to keep Harry alive for her sake.

Interestingly, in the scene before, when Snape apologises for calling Lily a Mudblood (this was in their 5th year, after their Defence Against the Dark Arts OWLs), Lily uses the term 'your precious little Death Eater friends', and says "You don't even deny that's what you're all aiming to be! You can't wait to join You-Know-Who, can you?" The line after that is 'He [Snape] opened his mouth, but closed it without speaking.', implying that Lily was right. So sometime in the 5th year, Snape already had some plans of joining the Death Eaters?

Ember Star

I do feel so. But I'll still dig through and read them all. They've added a few since I did my research. Guess Pottermore has helped expand knowledge. So I'm.curious about the ones I don't know about. Plus, can't help to brush up on it. Especially with it being two years since I've looked.

What about the rest of her background? Look okay?

oh and I forgot to add that she has a cat. I have a pic of him. I'll add in a blip about him later.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on June 25, 2013, 12:02:58 AM
I do feel so. But I'll still dig through and read them all. They've added a few since I did my research. Guess Pottermore has helped expand knowledge. So I'm.curious about the ones I don't know about. Plus, can't help to brush up on it. Especially with it being two years since I've looked.

What about the rest of her background? Look okay?

oh and I forgot to add that she has a cat. I have a pic of him. I'll add in a blip about him later.

I have enjoyed the snippet you have given me, but I won't give any definite till after I have the profiles ready to go and they have been fully filled out. Me and Rogue will view profiles together, and well go over each section slowly. If there are any problems, we will do a group Pm with the details we might ask to be changed. This will be the same way for everyone.

Ember Star

Rogue

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 24, 2013, 11:59:53 PM
Alright, I was lazy just now, but I've dug out my copy of Deathly Hallows. Chapter 33, The Prince's Tale. Page 543 of the UK edition, Snape comes to Dumbledore with a 'request' to hide the Potters. Dumbledore's tone of words suggest that Snape has not been working with the Order before this. Snape promises to give Dumbledore 'anything' in return. The scene after this is between Dumbledore and Snape discussing the failure to keep Lily safe, but the need to keep Harry alive for her sake.

Interestingly, in the scene before, when Snape apologises for calling Lily a Mudblood (this was in their 5th year, after their Defence Against the Dark Arts OWLs), Lily uses the term 'your precious little Death Eater friends', and says "You don't even deny that's what you're all aiming to be! You can't wait to join You-Know-Who, can you?" The line after that is 'He [Snape] opened his mouth, but closed it without speaking.', implying that Lily was right. So sometime in the 5th year, Snape already had some plans of joining the Death Eaters?

Nice. Thanks hon. It's been a while since I've been able to read cannon.

SweetSerenade

Holy CARP - according to the link that Rogue posted *mountain Ash* also known as Rowan is Cerridwens Celtic wand wood O.o... but I'm also looking over other aspects. Because our astrological symbols don't always fit us. I'm an Aries Taurus Cusp, but I don't really fit as an aries or a taurus! So I'm contemplating which of the 12 other wand woods I am looking at... fit her...

Ember Star

read them all on the Potter wiki. Think I'm sticking with cherry. The only two that jumped out at me as possibly suiting Amira were pine and vine, and then beech a little. But I honestly don't see them fitting anymore than cherry. I'll consider them though.

However, I'm gonna go brush up on wand cores and make sure unicorn hair is still the best choice for her. 

SweetSerenade

I actually think Vine is very fitting from what I have seen of her, but that's solely up to you. The wand REALLY does make the Witch or Wizard.

OH Rogue I also found SUBSTANTIAL evidence of the existence of Druids! And the powers they had! I'm darn proud of what I did with Cerri now :D

I'm also still a firm believer that Merlin (Taelisin) was THE High Druid of Britain in his time, and other than his Oak wand, he was also known to carry a Rowan STAFF. I think that a lot of the older magics have been lost, but could be recovered if the Witches and Wizards actually reconnected with those who have continued the art of Druidry in the muggle world.

Ember Star

well that didn't take long. They only had 7 wand cores listed and only half of those have wandlore listed.

Still ended up at the same conclusion I always did about known cores. Phoenix feather or unicorn hair. Personally I prefer Phoenix, which is what I always used in the groups I helped run. It's better suited to her personality. But the last group I was in didn't want a Phoenix core wand because they're suppose to be so rare. Which, I agree. But it still suits her.

Rogue

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 12:39:41 AM
I actually think Vine is very fitting from what I have seen of her, but that's solely up to you. The wand REALLY does make the Witch or Wizard.

OH Rogue I also found SUBSTANTIAL evidence of the existence of Druids! And the powers they had! I'm darn proud of what I did with Cerri now :D

I'm also still a firm believer that Merlin (Taelisin) was THE High Druid of Britain in his time, and other than his Oak wand, he was also known to carry a Rowan STAFF. I think that a lot of the older magics have been lost, but could be recovered if the Witches and Wizards actually reconnected with those who have continued the art of Druidry in the muggle world.

Oh??? Care to either post or PM it? I enjoy new info! *wriggles toes excitedly*

Ember Star

yeah, vine jumped out at me the most too. I'll consider changing it. Just need to think on it.

And yes, I know it does. There very little I don't know about the HP world. Been involved with it since I was 8, grew up with it, lived for the next book and/or movie coming out. Read all the books and seen all the movies multiple times. Been obsessed with research online. RPd it. Written it. Dreamed it. Harry Potter is my fandom. As much as I love Star Trek, Dr Who, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars. I never lived and breathed them as much as HP. If it weren't for my bad memory, I'd be a damn Potterverse encyclopedia by now. LOL.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 25, 2013, 12:51:01 AM
Oh??? Care to either post or PM it? I enjoy new info! *wriggles toes excitedly*

They actually had a link with some details about the Druids known in HP. One of which is actually on a Chocolate Frog Card :D if you go to the Harry Potter Wikia and put in Druid it pulls up some details :D

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on June 25, 2013, 12:53:28 AM
yeah, vine jumped out at me the most too. I'll consider changing it. Just need to think on it.

And yes, I know it does. There very little I don't know about the HP world. Been involved with it since I was 8, grew up with it, lived for the next book and/or movie coming out. Read all the books and seen all the movies multiple times. Been obsessed with research online. RPd it. Written it. Dreamed it. Harry Potter is my fandom. As much as I love Star Trek, Dr Who, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars. I never lived and breathed them as much as HP. If it weren't for my bad memory, I'd be a damn Potterverse encyclopedia by now. LOL.

*laughs* Pretty much... well sans the movies. I got irritated a bit after the third one.... mostly because I'd always been a Harry/Hermione freak (Thus why my fannon and cannon get so... screwy at times....) >.>

*coughs* Anyways, embarrassed fangirl off to do research....

Rogue

Ember Star

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 25, 2013, 01:06:04 AM
*laughs* Pretty much... well sans the movies. I got irritated a bit after the third one.... mostly because I'd always been a Harry/Hermione freak (Thus why my fannon and cannon get so... screwy at times....) >.>

*coughs* Anyways, embarrassed fangirl off to do research....
"irritated after the third one?", I probably have you beat. After the third movie, I was raging and bitching about the movies to whoever was there. Even my other Potterhead friends were like "STFU already! It's a movie, what do you expect?" And whenever I hear somebody has watched the movies and not read the books, I'm like; "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

SweetSerenade

I'm tossed up between Oak or Rowan or Yew - with Pookah Tail hair.

Rogue

*Laughs* Irritated may be an understatement... I didn't mind the first two. I preferred the architecture, not to mention the fact they wore their uniforms... *grumbles in irritation* Better director and Dumbledore. Hated the second Dumbledore. I was miffed they cut one of my favorite scenes (Though that may have been due to CG budgets) but other than that the first two weren't bad.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 01:14:35 AM
I'm tossed up between Oak or Rowan or Yew - with Pookah Tail hair.
I've decided to switch to vine. I've got a nice designed for it and everything.

Pookah tail? That wasn't listed where I looked for cores. Where are you looking at?
Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 25, 2013, 01:16:11 AM
*Laughs* Irritated may be an understatement... I didn't mind the first two. I preferred the architecture, not to mention the fact they wore their uniforms... *grumbles in irritation* Better director and Dumbledore. Hated the second Dumbledore. I was miffed they cut one of my favorite scenes (Though that may have been due to CG budgets) but other than that the first two weren't bad.
Oh I could go on in great details about everything that was wrong with the second Dumberdor. But yeah, the first two movies were pretty good.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on June 25, 2013, 01:22:11 AM
I've decided to switch to vine. I've got a nice designed for it and everything.

Pookah tail? That wasn't listed where I looked for cores. Where are you looking at?  Oh I could go on in great details about everything that was wrong with the second Dumberdor. But yeah, the first two movies were pretty good.

Actually it's a wand core I created through decisive reasoning. Cerridwen's Wand is not brand new, when she gets it from Ollivanders it's been sitting there for a long time. I did research on Pookahs extensively for their sometimes terrifying and trickster like natures... but their unwavering loyalty if you show them proper respect... It's fitting... more fitting than other wand cores.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 01:27:36 AM
Actually it's a wand core I created through decisive reasoning. Cerridwen's Wand is not brand new, when she gets it from Ollivanders it's been sitting there for a long time. I did research on Pookahs extensively for their sometimes terrifying and trickster like natures... but their unwavering loyalty if you show them proper respect... It's fitting... more fitting than other wand cores.
Oh. Awesome!

oh, this leads me to another question, would you allow a Phoenix feather core for Amira? I'm fine with unicorn hair if not. I know how rare Phoenix core wands are suppose to be. But I thought I'd ask.

SweetSerenade

Because I don't believe they are as rare as stated, at least not in making. I believe they are rare in choosing

And Amira seems like a character who has risen through the ashes of her adversity and loss... definitely a candidate for phoenix

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 01:35:18 AM
Because I don't believe they are as rare as stated, at least not in making. I believe they are rare in choosing

And Amira seems like a character who has risen through the ashes of her adversity and loss... definitely a candidate for phoenix
Ooooh thank you, thank you, thank you!! This makes me very, very happy.

I know, that's why I've always preferred it for her. But some people are odd about it. They'll allow a dozen different none cannon cores that make no sense. But you can't have a Phoenix feather!?

SweetSerenade

Apparently your wand tells a lot about you. My wand, according to Pottermore is Cypress and Phoenix, strange right?

I believe that production and choosing are separate things. You can make several wands, the rarity is in their CHOOSING.

RainbowRian

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 01:49:05 AM
Apparently your wand tells a lot about you. My wand, according to Pottermore is Cypress and Phoenix, strange right?

I believe that production and choosing are separate things. You can make several wands, the rarity is in their CHOOSING.
I can actually see that combination working well for you.

Yes. The wand does tell a lot about you. The wand is in a sense, a extension of you. Like an extra limb. In order to work properly, it has to be in tune with you.

I wrote a paper on wandlore once. It's sadly lomg lost now.

that has always been my thoughts exactly. The choosing is rare, not the making.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on June 25, 2013, 01:51:56 AM
Any positions still open?

Check first page for Canons still available, though if you want to select one from the history of Marauders Era, you are more than welcome too.

OCs are only being discussed since the profile format hasn't been created. So far it looks like we have three female OCs... leaving all of the 7th and 6th year (One of each year for each house) males all available for tentative claim... and Only 6th year Gryffindor female/6th 7th Hufflepuff Female/6th 7th Slytherin Females available for tentative claiming.

I must warn people, my character profiles ask for some massive details, I'm going to have some highly specialized sections to the profile that will help people understand your character. Don't worry, I will not support metagaming, but I feel the profiles will help people appreciate and like the Ocs as much as the Canons.

Ember Star

I should join Pottermore, I never did. Got irritated because I missed the beta sign up and it took them longer than predicted to get it open publicly.

RainbowRian

Well I have a short Idea for a male and a rather extensive female.  I created her for another game that flopped, but ~Shrugs~  Do I PM them or post here.

SweetSerenade

You can post basic details, or PM basic details to me. But please understand that till the OC profile format is done being made (when my baby decides my stomach deserves food) that I will not actually truly accept an OC character.

Rogue

If you could, school OC's please be CC'd to me? I'd like to know what I'm working with as Co-gm.

Ember Star

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 25, 2013, 02:18:28 AM
If you could, school OC's please be CC'd to me? I'd like to know what I'm working with as Co-gm.
need me to send you what I sent sweet on Amira?

Rogue

AutoTune

Quote from: Ember Star on June 24, 2013, 08:30:31 AM
you'd really would only have to reread the one chapter in the one book to get the information you seek. (I'm assuming you've already read the books once)

Sorry, but I've only started reading snippets of books six and seven, recently. :-3
What information I've gathered are from the movies 1 through 3, and the stuff I read on the Wiki.

But thanks for the advice everyone. I'll see what I can do.

Rogue

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 24, 2013, 11:59:53 PM

Auto, I'm re-posting this for your benefit. This is the cannon concepts. You can always adjust within reason.

AutoTune

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 25, 2013, 03:19:16 AM
Auto, I'm re-posting this for your benefit. This is the cannon concepts. You can always adjust within reason.

Eureka! Thank you Rogue and Minerva, this is definitely something solid I can work with. I appreciate the effort made to help.

Here's what I could come up with.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The train rattled unevenly against the tracks, the sensation of movement making the air feel thin and chilly. The smudged landscape outside blurred by as the locomotive shoved onward, the noise of the train blaring out the animated babble of the others on board. Severus jolted awake, having been unaware he had been dozing next to the window, the side of his forehead pressed against the glass with the vibration of the train buzzing through his skull. The distant fading memory of acrid tasting soap bubbles in his mouth was rapidly diminishing in his groggy mind as he was roused from his dreams, acutely aware of the others with him. He let his gaze lock onto a single drop of rain as it slid down from the top of the glass, and down to disappear into the metal on the opposite side of the window.

Bones and muscles aching from sitting in the position for a long time, Severus drew up into a proper posture, leaning away from the window and running his hand through his dry scalp. Severus' black hair felt grimy, and the others who were sharing his vicinity of the train had long ago scooched as far away as possible without being obvious, as if (and most likely because) he had the faint aroma of a musky old rug.

Severus shifted uncomfortably, folding his hands down in his lap and staring at them with irritation, as if it was their fault that he had to sit in the company of others. This was his last year to Hogwarts, and inwardly, Severus was torn between both a sense of triumph and a sense of loss, at both having to abandon his wretched memories the school brought, and to leave where he had grown up most his life, in that respective order. It was just both terrible, and wonderful. A scowl was stuck on his face, and the muscles that contorted his face in the expression were rapidly growing sore.

Letting a curtain of hair fall over his line of sight, Severus gazed contemplatively at his hands, fiddling around with the hem of his old, hand-me-down cloak. He needed to clean his fingernails again, if only he could get his hands on a quill... a faint glimpse of the black mark could be seen, inching toward his wrist on his left arm. Self consciously, Severus tugged his sleeve further down, but couldn't help but privately feel a satisfying thrill of pride surge up through his chest.

Severus' gaze was drawn up by the slowing of the train, swinging his line of balance some several meters back; the students near by stood and ushered out, following others toward the exit of the train. Severus stood, dragging his suitcase out as he followed some other seventh year Slytherins. "Watch where you're going," He muttered sourly as several someones decided that all four of them could fit out the train exit. Honestly, the lack of brain capacity in some people was just absurd.

So, if Snape had been planning to go with the Death Eaters in the 5th year, and had not decided to leave them until very soon before Lily and James died, do you think it would be appropriate (for the story) that Severus is more on the evil side in this roleplay? I'm not sure how his relationship with Lily would be like, but maybe her choosing James over him drives his interest in the Death Eaters.

And please excuse me if I've been short on conversation, I'm just a bit busy is all. (:
I hope I meet the standards to be taken seriously. "for your benefit" bothers me for some reason. I know what I'm doing, I just choose not to fangirl over it.

minerva7790

Quote from: AutoTune on June 25, 2013, 03:26:16 AM
Eureka! Thank you Rogue and Minerva, this is definitely something solid I can work with. I appreciate the effort made to help.

No worries. I just happened to have the time on hand and a book not too far away. :) I ought to be ashamed of myself for not remembering this stuff...

I like what you've written so far, though it's probably not for me to say... You've brought out Snape's loneliness quite nicely.

I asked a question earlier that got lost, but I'd still like either GM's take on: would it be okay to have a character of Asian (say, Japanese) ethnicity, provided she was born as a British citizen?

Ember Star

my character I gave them is American born, and neither said anything against it. So I think it'll be okay. After all, people do move around.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 25, 2013, 10:33:57 AM
No worries. I just happened to have the time on hand and a book not too far away. :) I ought to be ashamed of myself for not remembering this stuff...

I like what you've written so far, though it's probably not for me to say... You've brought out Snape's loneliness quite nicely.

I asked a question earlier that got lost, but I'd still like either GM's take on: would it be okay to have a character of Asian (say, Japanese) ethnicity, provided she was born as a British citizen?

She doesn't even have to be born as a British Citizen, if your characters parents were 'stationed' or placed in the area for long enough that when she was 11 she was on the list of potentials for Hogwarts... then she gets to go to Hogwarts... XD

RainbowRian

minerva7790

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 01:31:32 PM
She doesn't even have to be born as a British Citizen, if your characters parents were 'stationed' or placed in the area for long enough that when she was 11 she was on the list of potentials for Hogwarts... then she gets to go to Hogwarts... XD

Alright thanks! I do know of some games that tend to be picky about foreign students...

In any case, I don't think I'll be sending either GM any character history or such until proper character sheets are out. I have ideas, but I just think it'd be tiresome to tweak things around to fit the form later on. So I'll wait patiently for the form.  :-)

Hope your baby is treating you better, Sweet!

The Golden Touch

Tempting me with the Bellatrix and Narcissa being open. >>;;

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SweetSerenade

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 25, 2013, 07:19:27 PM
Tempting me with the Bellatrix and Narcissa being open. >>;;

We have tryouts going for both characters.

I don't play on a first come first serve basis, I do so based on who is best fit for the role. If you wanna tryout as well, please send your tryout to me and Rogue.

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

Also, a quick question, Narcissa was graduated from Hogwarts and married to Lucius before 1978 roughly... Are we shifting her time line back?

SweetSerenade

If you wanna give it a shot, feel free. But I would prefer if you picked one sister over the other XD

We are running this a bit AU, to give players a chance to run everything they want to run. For instance, there is no promising that Lily and James will hook up.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 25, 2013, 07:31:07 PM
If you wanna give it a shot, feel free. But I would prefer if you picked one sister over the other XD

We are running this a bit AU, to give players a chance to run everything they want to run. For instance, there is no promising that Lily and James will hook up.
Personally, I'd love to see a story line where Lily and Snape hook up.

AutoTune

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 25, 2013, 10:33:57 AM

Thanks Minerva. :D

SweetSerenade

Alright guys, I have not abandoned this Rp, just having some serious pregnancy issues and allergies. I have a question, anyone here particularly good at coding? I'm looking for someone to help me with Coding profile formats.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 05, 2013, 12:03:01 AM
Alright guys, I have not abandoned this Rp, just having some serious pregnancy issues and allergies. I have a question, anyone here particularly good at coding? I'm looking for someone to help me with Coding profile formats.
I'm not bad. I like coding, but I don't know them all. Still can't figure out how the table code is suppose to work for example. But I'm good at basic text and picture coding that usually comes into character profiles and have often helped friends with it.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 05, 2013, 12:07:23 AM
I'm not bad. I like coding, but I don't know them all. Still can't figure out how the table code is suppose to work for example. But I'm good at basic text and picture coding that usually comes into character profiles and have often helped friends with it.

I wanted to do something really nice for the RP. A profile code for each house, and then a special one for adults? But maybe that's just going above and beyond. I wanted to have several sections, with the details attached and all that... My head is really stuffy.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 05, 2013, 12:09:16 AM
I wanted to do something really nice for the RP. A profile code for each house, and then a special one for adults? But maybe that's just going above and beyond. I wanted to have several sections, with the details attached and all that... My head is really stuffy.
Codes for each house could be done simply by centering a image like this at the top. Not sure about the adults, though. Sections for details are easy. Something similar to the character template for this group might work well. Only cleaner and more organized. Maybe even color code each section?

I wouldn't suggest going too overboard though. Maybe save a few special things for when/if we make it to a big game?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 05, 2013, 12:19:10 AM
Codes for each house could be done simply by centering a image like this at the top. Not sure about the adults, though. Sections for details are easy. Something similar to the character template for this group might work well. Only cleaner and more organized. Maybe even color code each section?

I wouldn't suggest going too overboard though. Maybe save a few special things for when/if we make it to a big game?

Well I plan on making everything look moderately attractive. But I need to get a hold of someone good at graphic art. Either way, I kinda wanted everything to be ready to go at the start. If you are interested in knowing what I wanted in the coding, PM me and I'll tell you.

RainbowRian

I have a decent hand at graphic art.  Just depends on what you need.

RainbowRian

I have a fair hand at coding as well depending on what you need.  Sorry for the double post btw.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 05, 2013, 12:59:06 AM
I have a decent hand at graphic art.  Just depends on what you need.

Something to represent each of the houses, and something for the Adults - for now. Perhaps split the Adults into Three Categories - Order, Death Eater, and Neutral?

When I get around to making the OOC threads, I was going to dig around to see about getting graphics to use as headers in those threads. The Rules, the Character Creation thread, Then a Header for each of the GM run 'main' plot threads. As well as the OOC thread.

ALso, I'd like to find out how many of the players are still paying attention? I want to get a head count, and find out who all will be around for the Rp.

RainbowRian

I am paying attention, Though I don't know if either of my characters are approved.  As far as graphics go I should have it.  I mean you can tell me precisely what you'd like or I can just use your ideas meshed with my own.  I made two of the images in my signatures as well as images and layouts for my other games.  If you want links I will send them.

SweetSerenade

Thank you for reminding me, I have to talk to Rogue and get a few things figured out.

Also, I can't promise acceptance of OC characters, till after profiles are filled out and Gms start talking about them.

RainbowRian

Well, just let me know as far as OCs If not I may, or may not see about a male charrie as well as the female submitted, pending whether or not she passes the test. 

Would you like me to PM you those links to take a peek at some graphics?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 05, 2013, 01:12:16 AM
Well, just let me know as far as OCs If not I may, or may not see about a male charrie as well as the female submitted, pending whether or not she passes the test. 

Would you like me to PM you those links to take a peek at some graphics?

You can submit as Many OCs as you want, so long as you keep them balanced. But I'm waiting till the profile format and rules are ready to go.

I actually can't see your signature, as of this moment. LOL

RainbowRian

It is shown on reply #126 of this thread. 

I was saying that if you decide against OCs I may or may not choose to submit another Canon.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 05, 2013, 01:16:12 AM
It is shown on reply #126 of this thread. 

I was saying that if you decide against OCs I may or may not choose to submit another Canon.

Oh No, OCs are allowed, no matter what. But they will be limited. :D We actually have more than the required Canons to start the Rp.

I just wanna make sure the players are still around, while I work on the OOC threads.

RainbowRian

i would love to show you my Ideas in a forum format.  :-\  My brain is going like wildfire.  Plus I have the schematics of hogwarts on my comp.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 05, 2013, 01:18:36 AM
i would love to show you my Ideas in a forum format.  :-\  My brain is going like wildfire.  Plus I have the schematics of hogwarts on my comp.

DO remember that Hogwarts in Harry's time and Hogwarts in 1978 are vastly different. There are parts of the castle that aren't used as much, because they had less students back then. Then there are pathways that are open because the castle isn't in such disrepair. Like the collapsed tunnel the Twins mention to harry, which is collapsed. But it was working in the time of the Marauders.

RainbowRian

I figured.  I am talking about castle schematics that could be edited and warped to fit the time, this having naught to do with the image I am currently working on.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 05, 2013, 01:31:02 AM
I figured.  I am talking about castle schematics that could be edited and warped to fit the time, this having naught to do with the image I am currently working on.

Ah, it's alright for now. If you have any ideas, please let me and Rogue know if you come up with anything :D

RainbowRian

SweetSerenade

RainbowRian and Ember Star. Rogue got back to me, both of you are approved for your canons.

RainbowRian, you are now our Narcissa Black. Ember Star, you are now our Bellatrix Lestrange.

AutoTune

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 05, 2013, 06:12:44 PM
RainbowRian and Ember Star. Rogue got back to me, both of you are approved for your canons.

RainbowRian, you are now our Narcissa Black. Ember Star, you are now our Bellatrix Lestrange.
Woot! I get to play the crazy bitch! I'm excited! >:)

I'll get a profile code or two to y'all tonight. Got one for Ravenclaw mostly done. But gotta unload groceries and fix dinner before I can finish.

Rogue

Sorry that took so long guys! I was kinda out a town and forgot to tell people. *laughs nervously* I promise I don't normally make a habit of that but to be honest I expected a bit more computer time than I got.

RainbowRian

SweetSerenade

Hey everyone! Thanks to Ember (who is damn awesome) we are getting some amazing OC character profile formats. I just want all of you to know that I am waiting on the OOC thread banners... if I don't get them within the week I will start the OOC threads, and we will be opening the RP somewhere around the end of this month. Who's excited :D

Ember Star

SweetSerenade

As a side note, I won't be revealing the profile formats till after we get all Seven - AND also, because we plan on revealing them in the OOC threads that will happen :D

I'm excited to see what all of you do, and I will make a notation that if the Graphic artists do not get back to me in two days - I am going to look for alternative graphic work. :D

Ember Star

I'm waiting on banners myself before I get the adult ones done. That way my themes don't end up totally off kilter from what the banners are and leaving me to revamp each one.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 15, 2013, 01:49:51 AM
I'm waiting on banners myself before I get the adult ones done. That way my themes don't end up totally off kilter from what the banners are and leaving me to revamp each one.

That sounds awesome :D

I know that Rainbow was working on small graphics that could be added into the profiles :D

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 15, 2013, 01:51:40 AM
That sounds awesome :D

I know that Rainbow was working on small graphics that could be added into the profiles :D
Yeah, that'll be great since I know what might work for DEs and OFTP, but I'm clueless on the neutral ones.

RainbowRian

Well, I am here but its been silent.  If you'd like me to work on specific banners let me know, also if a specific pixel size is needed I need that info as well.

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 02:27:34 PM
Well, I am here but its been silent.  If you'd like me to work on specific banners let me know, also if a specific pixel size is needed I need that info as well.
I need long banners for Death Eaters, Order of the Phoenix, and Neutral profiles that are about 500 pixels wide. I'll leave exact design up to you. Try not to make them too tall either, around 200 pixels tall (give or take) ought to do it.

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

Do you want them to have any specific phrasing or just say death eaters, OOP, and Neutral type one word phrases

Rogue

RainbowRian

Rogue

SweetSerenade

As I said, if I don't get the banners for the threads... in a time period, I'm just going to make them.

RainbowRian

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 04:19:24 PM
That is why I have my graphics program pulled up now.

I had two friends competing to make the OOC thread banners. The graphics that Ember and Rogue were mentioning were the small banners for the Adult profiles.

SweetSerenade

So my idea for OOC threads.

OOC - Rule - Chat Thread (Our Official OOC thread, this being a Recruitment thread. First post of the thread will go over the plot basics, and the rules. As well as an explanation of how 'Act's' Work.)

OOC - Character Profiles (Thread for character profiles, They have to be Pmed to Sweet/Rogue (Student) or Sweet/Adult Co-GM(Google never responded whether he wanted to) - They have to be accepted first, before the player can post them.)

OOC - Character Relationship Threads (Players post basics of their characters, and PM back and forth with other players to decide what level of friendliness characters have. This is mostly for OCs and Canons. Ocs cannot force a relationship on Canons, the canon has to agree. Anyone that feels they are being forced should PM me immediately!) -Technically we could include this in the Character Profiles thread, but I feel players posts would be long enough /anyways/ so I kind of want a go to spot for it.

Then I will start working on the opening Act 1 Thread ideas for Hogwarts, and for the Adult world.

RainbowRian

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 04:36:33 PM
So you'd like those first, yes?

No no, I was asking how all of you felt about those being the basics of our OOC threads. Those are the threads banners my friends are supposed to give me. If they don't do so by tomorrow, I'll start working on them asap - and get them up.

RainbowRian

Oh, well if you need help I am here.  and that sounds good.

fireandblood

Has nothing to do with anything being discussed - just wanted to drop in and say I'm still interested! I've been a bit absent lately but replying should move back up to regular now. Also... I have skimmed over the recent posts, but to make sure, your OC-profile type things haven't been made yet, correct?

Ember Star

Sounds good, Sweets. If you need a adult Co-gm, I'm available to help you with whatever. 
Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 04:36:33 PM
So you'd like those first, yes?
I would, yes. Because I need them to appropriately color theme the adult profiles.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireandblood on July 15, 2013, 04:41:27 PM
Has nothing to do with anything being discussed - just wanted to drop in and say I'm still interested! I've been a bit absent lately but replying should move back up to regular now. Also... I have skimmed over the recent posts, but to make sure, your OC-profile type things haven't been made yet, correct?

Oh no, Ember was super awesome and made the profile formats for The Houses... but we are waiting on the completion of the three profile styles for the Adults. (Order, Death Eater, Neutral)

Rainbow, feel free to talk to Ember about ideas for graphics for the adult profiles.

Ember, I'll consider you as a possibility for Adult Co-Gm. I need to talk it over with Rogue.

Ember Star

okie dokie :) Oh, just as a note, probably going to a moving this evening and tomorrow is my birthday. So, IDK how much I'll be on tomorrow and even if I have time and graphics, I'll probably wait until Wednesday to code the adult profiles.

Rogue

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 04:44:11 PM
Okay, I am confused on what is needed from me.  One says no and the other yes, so please for my sanity PM me with a checklist.  Oh... btw...

v1.0
Basically for the OC sheets, they have banners. Those are what we need from you. *nods*

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 04:44:11 PM
Okay, I am confused on what is needed from me.  One says no and the other yes, so please for my sanity PM me with a checklist.  Oh... btw...

v1.0
oh this looks perfect!

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 15, 2013, 04:48:28 PM
okie dokie :) Oh, just as a note, probably going to a moving this evening and tomorrow is my birthday. So, IDK how much I'll be on tomorrow and even if I have time and graphics, I'll probably wait until Wednesday to code the adult profiles.

Understood :D

RainbowRian

I will be doing another Death eater one to give a choice as well as two for each other one. unless I love it too much

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 05:11:31 PM
I will be doing another Death eater one to give a choice as well as two for each other one. unless I love it too much
can you also make better quality versions of classic house banners when you're done? The ones I have are crap. I'll pm them to you

RainbowRian

Rogue

RainbowRian

Thank you, I will work on the others tomm after work (The houses)  Im a bit tired and its time to cook

Ember Star

I'm on the fence about the Neutral ones. But the others are lovely!

RainbowRian

That's the thing about "neutral" they tend to be bland. We could use the ministry one unless anyone has ideas

Rogue

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 07:35:22 PM
That's the thing about "neutral" they tend to be bland. We could use the ministry one unless anyone has ideas

I like them because they blend in which is best for "neutral"

SweetSerenade

We need the option of a Neutral course for Witches and Wizards. There are many who were neither on the Death Eaters or Order side. Not everyone has a job with the ministry either.

RainbowRian

Well pm me ideas on how to improve neutral and I will try tomm

SweetSerenade

RainbowRian

I could just make a witch and wizard one dropping the neutral wording. As well as the house ones. I may give them my own flair so stylisticly they match the others

SweetSerenade

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 15, 2013, 08:34:46 PM
I could just make a witch and wizard one dropping the neutral wording. As well as the house ones. I may give them my own flair so stylisticly they match the others

That could work :D

RainbowRian

Ember Star

oh it's not the style. I liked that part. It was the "Neutral" part in them. I kinda agreed with Rogue when she said "Unalined" or something would be better.

Keep in mind if you change the styles of rge house, that I also have badges for the bottom of the profiles and they should stay in match with those or else make new ones of them too. Or drop them already together, but I like them myself.

RainbowRian

I was talking about banner at the top, maybe have a raven head and just type out ravenclaw and incorporate the colors somewhere, and use your crest below. I will see about it and PM you with samples

SweetSerenade

I'm so thrilled, one of the Gaia artists I hired came through! This is just the WIP he did :D

I wanted to share it with all of you, since it's Marauder's Era...

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 15, 2013, 10:54:42 PM
I'm so thrilled, one of the Gaia artists I hired came through! This is just the WIP he did :D

I wanted to share it with all of you, since it's Marauder's Era...

Cute! Is that suppose to be James and Lilly or something? Or just an example to show his skills?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 15, 2013, 11:05:30 PM
Cute! Is that suppose to be James and Lilly or something? Or just an example to show his skills?

It's not colored yet, it's Sirius and Cerri XD

Ember Star

Rogue

Ember Star

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

Here is what I got, In its entirety.

Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Slytherin

Death Eater

Order of the Phoenix

Ministry of Magic

Witch

Wizard

SweetSerenade

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 15, 2013, 04:32:54 PM
So my idea for OOC threads.

OOC - Rule - Chat Thread (Our Official OOC thread, this being a Recruitment thread. First post of the thread will go over the plot basics, and the rules. As well as an explanation of how 'Act's' Work.)

OOC - Character Profiles (Thread for character profiles, They have to be Pmed to Sweet/Rogue (Student) or Sweet/Adult Co-GM(Google never responded whether he wanted to) - They have to be accepted first, before the player can post them.)

OOC - Character Relationship Threads (Players post basics of their characters, and PM back and forth with other players to decide what level of friendliness characters have. This is mostly for OCs and Canons. Ocs cannot force a relationship on Canons, the canon has to agree. Anyone that feels they are being forced should PM me immediately!) -Technically we could include this in the Character Profiles thread, but I feel players posts would be long enough /anyways/ so I kind of want a go to spot for it.

And I forgot to add

Thread Tracker: Where all of the RP threads can be tracked. Players are required to put a 'date' in the thread they are running, so it can be placed in the thread trackers timeline appropriately. I will be using an actual calendar from 1978, so please follow it. Also, you are required to turn in your threads from the Group - to be added to the thread tracker. I would like to request that no one character has more than four Non-GM posted(Meaning parts of the Act, like the train station, opening feast... stuff like that) threads at any given time. This is to make sure everyone gets a chance at fun. Remember these threads are /one shots/ they are meant only to hold a significance of a FEW hours of your characters time.

Ember Star

thank-you for the birthday wishes, Rainbow. Just got back from seeing Pacific Rim. It was awesome!

I love, love, LOOOVE the artwork. It's all gorgeous and perfect!

Sounds wonderful, Sweets! I like the way you're organizing this!

Rogue

Ember Star

I'll work on fixing everything up pretty today. May not get it all done today though, have to run some errands.

Do you actually need a MoM profile right now?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 12:43:30 PM
I'll work on fixing everything up pretty today. May not get it all done today though, have to run some errands.

Do you actually need a MoM profile right now?

Do what you need to IRL. I won't be starting the OOC threads till I have all the profiles - but I'm not rushing you simply to get this open. People can be patient, it'll be worth it.

Ember Star

okay, so how do these sound for color themes

OotP; Red and black or Red and Silver

DE; Black and green or black and gold 

MoM: solid brown or brown and black

Witch: solid purple

Wizard; solid blue

I didn't want to cross colors with any of the houses but I have limited choices that work for each.

Wizard: solid blue 

SweetSerenade

RainbowRian

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 10:38:06 PM

Wizard; solid blue

I didn't want to cross colors with any of the houses but I have limited choices that work for each.

I think... 

OOtP - Red and black
DE- Black and Green
MoM- Brown and beige (Maybe?)
Witch- Black and Violet
Wizard- Black and Blue?

None of them should clash sine the house colors are

G-Red and Gold
H-Yellow and Black
R-Blue and Bronze/Copper
S- Green and Silver

Ember Star

Violet isn't a useable text color but purple is.

I was thinking I'd make the witch and wizard solid since they're just neutral gender profiles instead of groups. Beige is a good suggestion for MoM though.

Ember Star

I also don't wanna use black in too many things. You see it all the time anyway, and these should be colorful.

Maroon and Orange are useable. Just wasn't sure where they could fit except Orange might work for the Order. Then I have teal and pink which I could use for secondary colors for the W&W ones instead of black.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 10:57:18 PM
I also don't wanna use black in too many things. You see it all the time anyway, and these should be colorful.

Maroon and Orange are useable. Just wasn't sure where they could fit except Orange might work for the Order. Then I have teal and pink which I could use for secondary colors for the W&W ones instead of black.

Ember are you able to use color codes? Like on a Hexadecimal chart? You might consider those.

RainbowRian

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 17, 2013, 10:59:09 PM
Ember are you able to use color codes? Like on a Hexadecimal chart? You might consider those.
If I can, I don't know how. Though I know colors are possible that aren't listed. Can you point me to said chart and codes?
Quote from: RainbowRian on July 17, 2013, 10:59:50 PM
But I love all shades of Violet
Ooooh like that. Perfect! I just need a chart!

SweetSerenade

You can look up hexadecimal charts on Google... and they pull up color codes and how to do them :D

RainbowRian

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 11:03:24 PM
If I can, I don't know how. Though I know colors are possible that aren't listed. Can you point me to said chart and codes?  Ooooh like that. Perfect! I just need a chart!

http://html-color-codes.info/

Ember Star

RainbowRian

~nods~ I think you can also make colors, but don't quote that.  If you ever need anything as far as links to things that would be helpful If I have them I will send them and not send you on a goosechase to find them.  :)  So many bookmarks..

Ember Star

Okay. With transferring of links, house profiles are complete unless y'all want anything changed/added.

I'll start on the adults ones tomorrow after I play with colors.

If you want anything different or added to them, pm me the info.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 11:45:43 PM
Okay. With transferring of links, house profiles are complete unless y'all want anything changed/added.

I'll start on the adults ones tomorrow after I play with colors.

If you want anything different or added to them, pm me the info.

The profiles are fine with the formats we have set up :D Don't worry about it. *bounces* I'll wait till you have all that done before getting OOC going completely. Dealing with a few mental issues.

Ember Star

Okay I need a third eye for advice. I want to change the primary color on Hufflepuff from black to yellow. I didn't do it to begin with because I thought that much yellow would be blinding. But maybe not with all the regular text that's going to end up in them. So! Look at the two colors below and see what you think, or if you have a third suggestion I'd love to see it.

Yellow one

Yellow two

RainbowRian

I will find a yellow easier on the eyes without being gold.

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 18, 2013, 12:41:30 AM
I will find a yellow easier on the eyes without being gold.
Neither are those are gold. This is gold which is my primary in the G profile.

RainbowRian

Yellow one

Yellow two

Second is a bit golder. I like the first

RainbowRian

~Takes a deep breath~  I am very much aware that the two colors you displayed are not in fact gold.  I was stating, that I would try to find you a yellow color without getting so dark as to turn it gold.........

Might I suggest this...

Hufflepuff

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 18, 2013, 12:49:59 AM
~Takes a deep breath~  I am very much aware that the two colors you displayed are not in fact gold.  I was stating, that I would try to find you a yellow color without getting so dark as to turn it gold.........
LOL, I just misread you. It's like 1am and I'm still tired from a late night last night.

Might I suggest this...

Hufflepuff
The only issue I have with using a glow as a primary in a profile is all that code. I have glows on the secondary colors. But the secondary only comes in at five spots vs the 25+/- places the primary comes in.
Quote from: RainbowRian on July 18, 2013, 12:47:06 AM

Yellow one

Yellow two

Second is a bit golder. I like the first
That's what I was thinking too.

Ember Star

I like that first yellow of yours. I think I'll use it.

Thank you for the help. I get so fidgety sometimes over stuff, it helps to bounce ideas off another set of eyes

RainbowRian

Okay.  Like I said before no problem.  Seeing the first yellow was not bad at first but reading it for extended time it gets difficult.

Ember Star

Quote from: RainbowRian on July 18, 2013, 01:22:07 AM
Okay.  Like I said before no problem.  Seeing the first yellow was not bad at first but reading it for extended time it gets difficult.
Exactly. Which is why I didn't do it to begin with. But when I decided I wanted black for primary for the DE's, I decided I needed to find a yellow to work as primary for H.

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 10:38:06 PM

Wizard; solid blue

This is what I get for being AFK for evers... >.<

I like the Red and Black for OoTP and Green and Black for DE. Plain Brown seems more like the MoM for me. As for crossing colors using variants of these colors also works for me, since we've figured out how to do that now.

Ember Star

I've decided on red-orange (which is a fiery color to me) and gray (smoke color) for the Order, then a really dark green and black for DE.

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on July 18, 2013, 10:48:52 AM
I've decided on red-orange (which is a fiery color to me) and gray (smoke color) for the Order, then a really dark green and black for DE.

Nice! I approve (Since I hadn't wanted to say red/orange for fiery stuff)

SweetSerenade

OOC officially open!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180100.0

As a reminder, please move any normal conversation to that thread. This thread is now officially for recruitment purposes and discussion. To aid new players who have an interest.

SweetSerenade

Still recruiting characters :D The RP should be starting in a few weeks.

Ember Star

you should add the linky to the character thread to the top for direct access from here.

SweetSerenade

Actually, there is a link in the same thread that has the rules. I figure it'd be redundant to have them go to the character section, only to be told to go back and read the rules. XD

lore

Ember Star

Quote from: lore on August 01, 2013, 03:02:52 PM
Is there room for an Amelia Bones as a Huffle? :)
I imagine so. Although there's not enough cannonly known about her early life to even know how old she was when she died. But I think it's reasonable to assume she was around the same age as Harry's parents would've been since her niece was his age.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: lore on August 01, 2013, 03:02:52 PM
Is there room for an Amelia Bones as a Huffle? :)

YUS! :D I Was waiting for someone to ask for Amelia - or Mary McKinnon :D

You are more than welcome. Please send a Tryout to myself and Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff. Tryouts should be around four paragraphs long, a good roleplay intro. We want to see how well you grasp the character :D