Star Wars RP - Interest check - 1on1 or group

Started by BlueEyedBard, June 21, 2010, 11:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueEyedBard

Hiya folks, well here is my first RP request on this site, HUZZAH!
Basically this RP would take place around one hundred and fifty years before any of the movies take place, also making it around one hundred and fifty or so years after any of the Old Republic games take place.
The Galactic Republic is relatively new, the Sith are thought to be all but extinct and even the presence of Jedi is a fairly rare thing.

I have two different characters I like to use, one is a smuggler and one is one of the last few Sith left in the galaxy.
So if anybody would like to be apart of this or help me put this together just let me know. 
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

DudelRok

Alright, I'll bite... but I don't really have a character.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Gideon

cassia

I might like to play in this one. Did you have a premise in mind or would we simply make characters and begin from there?

FragarachZ

O&O

BlueEyedBard

Sorry I haven't been replying here, I've been kinda sick  :-(
Well I have a place this can start. I'll post  a setting and you all can tell me what you think.

The Galactic Republic is quickly growing in power and its influence is beginning to brighten galaxy with hope. World after world slavery is being abolished, cities are being built and worlds are beginning to work together for a common goal of sustaining the peace.
Even the Jedi are slowing rebuilding their order having started a new Jedi Academy on Coruscant, the central planet of the Galactic Republic.

In the Outer Rim something much more insidious was taking place. On the small planet of Tatooine the new Sith were gathering and building. They had hid in the shadows of the galaxy for years plotting a way reignite the power of the dark side, and the small dessert planet would be a perfect place to start a new Sith academy.
With the school underway they set their sights on the small farming world of Dantooine to be their base of operations. Using the ships and the recruits they gained from local gangs and mercenaries they began planning the conquering of Dantooine.

That's a quick idea of what could be going on. In a group RP we would need Citizens of Dantooine, attacking Sith, Jedi and possibly Republic soldiers who would find out abut the attack as it is taking place. They probably wouldn't respond before the attack because of the lack of communication between the outer rim and the inner rim.
I am totally open to more ideas and suggestions. Things can also be tweaked for 1v1. 
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

DudelRok

1) Get better and don't die.

2) I like the setting point but what's the over-all plot? Sith attack harmless people and the Republic stops it? That's cool with me, I just like to know.

3) I'd wanna be a random Republic grunt or a random Sith sympathizer but no one strong/powerful.

I AM THE RETURN!

FragarachZ

So if I get it right then it would be a battle scenario with each player writing/controlling a group of people (jedi, military and civilians on both sides)?
O&O

BlueEyedBard

@DudelRok - 1.Much thank you
2. In all honesty I have never really made a plot for this RP, I have always done it as a 1on1 never as a group. So the Sith attacking Dantooine can be the overall plot but honestly if the Sith did take over there could be a larger plot of the Sith regaining their position as a menace to the Galaxy.
3. That would be great, every member is important.

@Fragarachz - Well when it comes to actual battle scenes (like war battle scenes, not 1on1 battle scenes) then I would say any ranking officers could control a group of people under them, Jedi would have a group of people under them they could control (There wouldn't be enough Jedi at this point in time for a Jedi Master to control Jedi knights but Jedi often act as military leaders in times of war. The same thing goes for Sith lords). Or a civilian could control a group of civilians. But when it comes to just normal story line play then you would just control your character.
On/Off

DudelRok

Okay, well I'm set then (provided this ends up being a group RP at least).

Depending on the balance between sides would depend on who I pick, though I'll probably end up as a member of the Republic.

I AM THE RETURN!

BlueEyedBard

Alright, well for this RP I will be a Sith Lord. Let me get a character skeleton up.

Appearance:

Name:

Race:

Alliance: (Republic, Sith, Jedi, neutral)

BIO:

Gear:

Weapon of Choice:
On/Off

FragarachZ

I thought I'd play a freelance mercenary who's currently on Dantooine. When hell breaks loose he'd side with the locals and try to get them out of there. I'll come up with the rest by tomorrow, but I have one last exam left in the morning to be concerned about before that.
O&O

DudelRok

Can I see how your character looks with the skeleton BlueEyedBard? (Old habit)

I AM THE RETURN!

BlueEyedBard

Yeah sorry I was trying to build one earlier but I end up coughing so much I can't type for more than a minute or two  :-\
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

Appearance:

Name: Darth Malace

Race: Interbred Between Many Different Races

Alliance: Sith

BIO: Darth Malace is one of the last few beings in the galaxy that had actual Sith blood in his veins from Korriban thousands of years ago. But because of centuries of interbreeding he no longer looked like his ancestors but their power with the dark side of the force was still very evident in him. Because of this power he moved up quickly in the ranks of the Sith, and after their destruction he was one of the first who started their rebuilding on Tatooine. Now staring out  the window of a large carrier ship destined for the small farming family, all the men in this ship at his disposal, he would be one of the first to start the take over of Dantooine.

Gear: His dark full body robes, His ceremonial garbs (in picture), two blood red lightsabers, Pendant of Rahlah the Dark (said to hold her dark spirit infusing the wearer with dark energy)

Weapon of Choice: Twin full lightsabers
On/Off

DudelRok

Appearance: 30 year old male with short brown hair, a bit of scruff on his face and face that says "Go away before I hurt you." Typical gear for anyone working the Tatooine routs as well as his republic uniform when on duty.

Name:  Sen Aryss

Race: Human

Alliance: Republic

BIO: Currently stationed on one of the nearby planets no far of Tatooine on a smuggler recon, Sen is doing his part for the Republic. Unfortunately his part involves very mundane work, most smuggler recon missions being passed off to someone above him when it leads to anyone big. Average with his blaster, an okay pilot.. generally unremarkable as standards go. His luck might change, though.

Gear: Blaster pistol,

Weapon of Choice: Blaster pistol and his ship*

Will almost never use ship. I just like having it and he is a pilot. *cheeky grin*

I AM THE RETURN!

FragarachZ

Appearance:

Name: Taelros Ogami
Species: Iridonian Zabrak
Affiliation: Freelance (Currently in Republic space)
BIO: Former soldier turned bounty hunter, Taelros left the army and has been working for many different employers since. Although he hates dishonest work, he will do any job for the right money. He recently finished a mission and decide to take a break and relax on the nearby world of Dantooine.
Gear: Taelros full equipment consists of a suit of light armor, a heavily customiized assault rifle (with a mounted grenade launcher and vibrobayonet according to his preferrence) and a utility belt with useful gadgets.
Weapon of choice: Depending on the mission, but prefers his customized Assault Rifle
O&O