Many Ideas up for grabs. (GMs/players needed)

Started by Lustful Bride, August 15, 2015, 02:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Was curious to see if anyone else had the same idea as me, lets get together and build something awesome!

Haunted Mansion

Welcome Foolish Mortals, to the Gracie Manor!
[/color]

No real idea what to do with this one...other than maybe a bunch of Mortal Caretakers and friendly ghosts taking care of the mansion and messing around in the nearby New Orleans , dealing with other types of monsters, ghosts, voodoo and just trying to keep things from completely burning down and keeping the 999 ghosts from making everyone in the city lose their shit on Halloween when they get the urge to start having fun.

At first players could be arriving and helping at the Manor for their own reasons, getting to know ghosts or messing around, until some ghosts begin freaking out and acting up for no reason, and monster activity kicks up, hinting at the arrival of a new Voodoo Master, only one who wields much more power and with much darker desires than robbing a bank with ghosts.

Monster Hunter International

Welcome folks, to M.H.I. the premier independent monster hunting organization in the world. Unlike those federal men in black suits we let you keep the bounties for the monsters you kill, let you retire whenever you wish or even keep fighting after losing a limb, like the French Foreign Legion!

Each of you has been brought here because you survived an encounter with a monster or got the jump on some source of evil somehow. Normal people usually roll over and die. But you were different, you fought, you planes, you adapted and then survived. Or hell maybe your just a voodoo master, witch, one of the few monsters who can behave themselves, or whatever,  who decided to join the winning team, whatever your reasons your here now. As you may or may not know we are short on man power, we lost almost a hundred members a long time ago, when the old ones made their first attempt to come to Earth. We beat em back then and then nuked em the next time they tried. But now that they aren't the major threat, we need new blood to deal with all the other mosnters out there, from Nagas to Wengidos, Vampires to zombies to ghouls and Djin.

Now theres alot to do and little time to do it. Get your crap and follow the line the same color as the ticket you were given, those of you heading to the Coastal Rangers will be taking a plane sown to Florida. Hope some of you speak Spanish.

I hear they have a rather nasty problem with Cthulhu cultists down there. Might want to pack a bible with you or whatever takes you to your happy place before the Old ones make you gnaw your fingers off.

After reading the Monster Hunter International books and finding out that there is actually an RPG booklet for it, I suddenly got a major craving for something with bad ass monster killers with a devil may care attitude.

Mars Attacks: Resistance!

No one would have ever guessed how bad the world could go. How quickly civilization could collapse. The entire world had been stunned, staring at their TV screens and phones and computers as they read the headlines, about how the International Space Station had been destroyed in a giant terrible fireball, so much so that reports of flying saucers in various areas and reports of destruction. Most people thought it was just some kind of hoax, until they heard the terrible blasts of Martian death rays. The soul crushing laughter of the Martians as they committed Genocide against humans all over was how most people first discovered the Martians.

It wasn't long then until a terribly bloody and brutal war that raged in every single corner of the globe. From the United States down to Chile in South America, from Russia to Japan, Egypt to South Africa. There wasn't a nation on earth that wasn't fighting against the Martian aggressors. Only one month into the war and the battle lines were impossible to tell anymore, so most ignored them. Communications between the continents and various countries soon became regulated and mostly accessible only to the governments still there to do so. But the news wasn't good. In the US the human forces had been pushed back with its central command now residing at NORAD. In India, half the country was under Martian rule. No one heard anything out of Australia anymore and some weren't even sure if some countries even existed anymore.

But despite all this, the fight was not over. Many ground might have been given to the Martian Menace, but the battles were still ebign fought by brave heroes who wouldn't give up our planet without taking some martians with them. Even within the Martian occupied territories where Humans were bgin sent to death camps, there resided endless amounts of resistance fighters. It didn't matter who they were before, be they police officer, office worker, dentist, post office worker. None of it mattered, for now they were all united together in their hatred of the martians and their desire to see their world free of this terrible evil. And the cruel green skinned invaders, will soon discover that this primitive world they sought to make their own will reject them with all the fury of an immune system fighting off an foul virus.

Was just listening to the Misfits song and I got an instant craving for a Mars Attacks based RP since I don't think anyone else has done such a thing on here. So...*shrugs* there you go. Not sure if its possible to keep the insane level of dark humor and gore as the comics and trading cards were known for but if anyone is interested, feel free to have at it. :P

Theres not much plot in mind other than a bunch of rag tag rebels fighting martians, robots and giant bugs.

Crash

Hah, haunted Mansion could be fun.  They idea of playing a ghost somehow tickles me.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Crash on August 17, 2015, 12:25:18 AM
Hah, haunted Mansion could be fun.  They idea of playing a ghost somehow tickles me.

Id be playing a mystic, Madam Leoda's descendant, we can use plenty of ghosts  ;D

Hopefully more join up and we can have a real team running around the mansion to Benny Hill while trying to keep the place from falling apart X3

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride