Question about roommate joining.

Started by Tamhansen, February 25, 2017, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

hi, this is probably a stupid question. My new roommate accidentally found out what i was doing here, and now she wants to join. But I know the site is very strict on people having multiple accounts, and uses IP and device to check for that.

As she'll be using my hardware for a while at least, until she has the money to get her own, what do we need to do to avoid being flagged as a duplicate account?
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Flower

Not a stupid question at all! Actually it is a very good one. ^.^ Usually you just alert a staff member to the situation so they can know when their introduction thread pops up. It's what I did when my SO joined. :)

AmberStarfire

There's one pitfall, where if you post at the same moment, one of you may lose your post. That almost never happens (only rarely), and it's not going to happen if you're both using the same computer.

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Tamhansen

I did notice that Lisa logged in on the laptop, and a few minutes later I logged in on the desktop, and she got logged out, is that WAI or is there something wrong in our setup?
ons and offs

Oreo

I've not known for that to be an issue before. We have lots of couples logging in from the same IP, or even me logged on from different PCs.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

lillisa

it doesn't happen when I login on different devices. We just had a few times where I logged in on one device, Tam logs in on the other, then I'm logged out. It's not a big issue thanks to lazarus, but we were just wondering.