Star Wars: Edge of Empire now Recruitment thread [System game]

Started by Chris Brady, August 08, 2013, 04:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

This is the interest thread, which may change into a recruitment thread for the new SW: Edge of The Empire game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sinestra

Depending on story, setting, and character types (if we're Sith you've got me tied up and moaning) I would be interested. ;)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Primarch

I've always wanted to be in a really good Star Wars game, but something's always stopped it or me. Allow me to download the PDF and get up to date on this game.

Baalborn87

Tentative interest for the moment. Need some more story info, but looks promising

Doomglazer

Primarch

Think I'll try my hand at the Hired Gun/Mercenary Soldier.

Kunoichi

Muse

I'd like to know more, but you defiantly have my attention. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kunoichi

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire is a brand new Star Wars roleplaying game released by Fantasy Flight Games.  It's focused around the Rebellion era, and specifically around the smugglers, bounty hunters, and other sorts of shady characters who live at the edges of galactic society.  It's got a pretty fun and intuitive system behind it, overall. ^^

Chris Brady

You had it good, maybe you were on the way up, maybe you were born with it, or you just got lucky and got a free ride, whatever it was, it's over.  One bad step, a blink or a wrong call and it's all the way down.  Now you're 'owned' by Vin'Zorbo a Hutt Gangster with too much time and ambition on his hands.  Still, he gave you a ship and carte blanche to go out and 'acquire' things for him.  And if you're lucky, you're next big score will get you free of bondage to the depraved runt.  If you're lucky...

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kunoichi

Hmm, that might clash a bit with the motivations I had planned for my character...  Though, that conflict could lead to some good roleplaying.

Rather than some gangster just giving the players a ship and letting them loose to go steal stuff for him, though, I'm thinking it might be better if he had some specific jobs in mind that he wanted done. ^^; Dragging people in to work for you like that and then just cutting them loose to do whatever they want doesn't sound like a smart move to me.

Sinestra

I'm sure the hutt will have missions for us, but leaves us to our own devices so long as we keep sending money back... would keep a nice balance between the two.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

mayovagn

I don't know the system, I used to like the D6 of WEG. I am interested depending on the details. *Smiles*
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Chris Brady

Quote from: Sinestra on August 08, 2013, 11:34:28 PM
I'm sure the hutt will have missions for us, but leaves us to our own devices so long as we keep sending money back... would keep a nice balance between the two.
That's the plan.  Vinny tells you to go somewhere, or do something, how you do it, he really doesn't care.  Miss a payment, though?  He'll have your kneecaps.  Even if you don't have any.

chaospaladin

I am interested though I have to say I am not familiar with Edge of the empire.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 08, 2013, 11:58:05 PM
That's the plan.  Vinny tells you to go somewhere, or do something, how you do it, he really doesn't care.  Miss a payment, though?  He'll have your kneecaps.  Even if you don't have any.

Ah, I see.  The main thing is that, due to backstory-related concerns, my character would have significant reasons to distrust that Vinny would just let them go, even if they managed to make a big score and pay off their debt, and so would probably wind up looking for alternate ways to get out of the Hutt's clutches. ^^;

Still, like I said, that could wind up leading to some excellent roleplaying, so it's not something I've really got an issue with.  It's just something that I thought you should be made aware of up-front, rather than finding out about it while the game was already going.

HairyHeretic

It's a Hutt. You never trust a Hutt to keep their word, unless you've a thermal detonator they're in range of.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Ember Star

I'm interested but not sure I have the time.

Take a peak at my character Eufaula Zemzee (you can find her in my O/O thread) and see if she might be suitable for the setting.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Looking over the character sheet, I'd say she could probably be mechanically represented by a Bounty Hunter with the Assassin specialization without too much trouble, though she probably won't start out quite as skilled as you'd like her to be.  She'll grow into it after getting some experience, though.

I have to admit, though, 'raised by Ewoks' is a bit of an unusual backstory element. ^^; Everything else seems like it would fit in just fine, though, so I certainly hope that the GM approves and that you have the time to join in.

Ember Star

hahahah I've had the character a long time. She's partly based off of a Jedi character I had a long while ago who was raised by ewoks, then after I read the Thawn trilogy, I mixed her with Mara Jade.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chris Brady

Uh, the Ewoks have not been 'discovered' by the Empire/Rebellion.  And frankly, I hate them, almost as much Jar-Jar.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 09, 2013, 03:07:35 PM
Uh, the Ewoks have not been 'discovered' by the Empire/Rebellion.  And frankly, I hate them, almost as much Jar-Jar.

To be fair, her character's bio doesn't really contradict that fact, and her character is human, not an ewok.  In fact, there's nothing in her bio that would require you to include ewoks in the game at all unless the group was to go to the forest moon of Endor for some reason.

Chris Brady

I'm also trying to reconcile how Vinny would react to her.  And the more I think on it, the less I see that happening.  I'm sorry Ember, but I'm going to have to say no to her.

Ember Star

dude, did you even read her Bio? Nobody would know she was raised by Ewoks. When she was 11 she stowawayed on a merc ship and that became her family and the only family anybody would know about. She's protective and private about Endor and doesn't tell anybody about that.

At any rate, respectfully, I'm dropping interest. Don't feel like creating a whole new character for this