Post isn't showing up?

Started by Xenphir, September 04, 2013, 11:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

It says my partner was the last to post, and that there is a new unread post by her. I click the page and see that the last post shown was two posts ago, when I know I posted a reply to it. So I refresh, and my last post shows up, but still not hers. I refresh a few more times, and I still cannot see her new post. I've tried on IE, Fire Fox, and Chrome.

Edit: I just realized the last posts of all topics are not showing up. I can't see new replies to anything!  :o

Beguile's Mistress

Please send your thread link to me via PM or post it here.

Xenphir

jouzinka

If it's site-wide, maybe it could help if you check that your computer time is in sync with the site time (that you have the correct offset set in your profile).

Also, maybe running the cookie-clearing script (you can find it in the top right corner) could help. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Xenphir

I cleared the cookies, nothing, and earlier I found my computer to be a whole day ahead, so I set it back, maybe that is why? How do I fix it? I couldn't find anywhere about time in my profile.

Edit: Got it to work now, thanks  :D

Kye

Go to your profile, look and layout, there should be something about time offset with a button/link to auto detect.  Try that and see if it fixes the issue. 

Xenphir

Well her post showed, but now it isn't showing again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I did the auto detect thing and the 0 changed into a one so I've no idea whats wrong.

Beguile's Mistress

Xenphir

The last post in that thread is mine. I cannot see hers. In my Bookmarks, it says she was the last to post, but I cannot see it in the thread.

jouzinka

That's really weird. So you basically only see your two posts? o.O

Is it possible that you incidentally put her on your Ignore list?

Edit: Nonsense. If you put her on your Ignore List, you wouldn't see any of her posts.

This gotta be something else. :-\

Beguile's Mistress

You may have to ask her to post it again.  I tried repairing the thread and yours is the last one.  The last one of hers is:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183542.msg8850134#msg8850134

Xenphir

Its not just with her though. On the main forum page, none of them are updated since this morning, and if I go to the new replies page, and click on them I can go back and it will say I hadn't checked the new replies, and I cannot see what they replied. I feel like my Elliquiy has been frozen in place almost xD

Edit: Actually, I think I know what else is wrong. None of the new posts and titles are updating for me. That is the issue. Earlier, I thought it wasn't showing up, but then I saw that Nicholas was supposedly the last one to post, but many people have posted after him. It seems that the "New!" and the names of everyone who last posted in forums or threads, is frozen. For the Help forum, it says backlash84 was the last person to post and that was yesterday.

jouzinka

Does this happen to you also on a browser you never used before on Elliquiy? Did you try clearing cache of your current one? Other device than the one you are currently using?

Xenphir

I have tried on other browsers, I have not tried on my laptop, only PC but I will try my laptop later. ^^ I have cleared the cache.