ϕ ₩l†₡Hl₦G HΘUΓ ϕ Interest Thread

Started by kasper, January 12, 2012, 02:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narianna

Oh her character skeleton said it remains in beast form. I just ran across that in my viewings of the intarwebs and thought I'd post. heh It'd prolly make more sense to go with summin more human in form, I'd think.

kasper

Quote from: Narianna on January 14, 2012, 03:32:12 PM
Oh her character skeleton said it remains in beast form. I just ran across that in my viewings of the intarwebs and thought I'd post. heh It'd prolly make more sense to go with summin more human in form, I'd think.

True, but maybe she'll have a picture of how it appears to humans, which she said a human form, I think and how it actually looks. So I suppose she will need a more beastly form after all.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Reia

Quote from: Narianna on January 14, 2012, 01:35:55 PM
I love the name Ariana! I'm currently using it in a short story I'm writing. Great pics too!

Thanks so much! Ariana has always been a favorite name for me.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

DomShark

Name: Jugo Kiyaburo
Race/Power(s): Japanese/Vampire/Vampire speed, strength, senses and weaknesses. Can glamour mortals with ease. Controls a vast crime empire.
Good/Bad: From the perspective that he is the enemy, bad.
Brief Background: Born just before the Sengoku Period in Japan, Jugo became a soldier as soon as he was able. He served the Tokugawa Shogonate for many years, gaining honor and recognition for his courage. It was when the war expanded to mainland China, that the Daimyo began experimenting with arcane mysteries and dark arts.

From half a world away, came a jug of chilled blood that was rumored to come from an immortal. Jugo's commander ordered him to be "tested", for compatibility. When he was deemed to be a match, he was bled using leeches for many hours, finally being injected with the blood. At first the experiment seemed an overwhelming failure, as Jugo became sick and seemed on the verge of death.

In the years and centuries that followed, Jugo has adapted to the modern world, waging war in the streets as a Yakuza Crime-Lord. His organization stretches around the globe and their power is ever increasing. He seeks to destroy the world by nuclear holocaust and force the population underground for continued survival. By eliminating the surface world as a livable option, he would eliminate the threat of the sun.

I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

kasper

Quote from: DomShark on January 15, 2012, 08:56:52 PM

Name: Jugo Kiyaburo
Race/Power(s): Japanese/Vampire/Vampire speed, strength, senses and weaknesses. Can glamour mortals with ease. Controls a vast crime empire.
Good/Bad: From the perspective that he is the enemy, bad.
Brief Background: Born just before the Sengoku Period in Japan, Jugo became a soldier as soon as he was able. He served the Tokugawa Shogonate for many years, gaining honor and recognition for his courage. It was when the war expanded to mainland China, that the Daimyo began experimenting with arcane mysteries and dark arts.

From half a world away, came a jug of chilled blood that was rumored to come from an immortal. Jugo's commander ordered him to be "tested", for compatibility. When he was deemed to be a match, he was bled using leeches for many hours, finally being injected with the blood. At first the experiment seemed an overwhelming failure, as Jugo became sick and seemed on the verge of death.

In the years and centuries that followed, Jugo has adapted to the modern world, waging war in the streets as a Yakuza Crime-Lord. His organization stretches around the globe and their power is ever increasing. He seeks to destroy the world by nuclear holocaust and force the population underground for continued survival. By eliminating the surface world as a livable option, he would eliminate the threat of the sun.

We actually already have "the" enemy, though if you would like, you can still join as an enemy character.

Also, for the rest of you, here is the role play. I would like to see the implementation of a loose post rotation. Meaning, every body gets roughly 1 or 2 posts in before moving on to the next round of posts, so that nobody gets lefts behind. I expect posts will come rather rapidly during the first few days and will slow to a consistent pace. Keep in mind, different characters will, more realistically, be in different locations from each other. For example, Tebastian is currently in the same area as Ejya and I plan for him to be on his way to meet Liz. Some characters may start off in their company alone or in the company of others, so making character relations between one another may prove useful. You can do this, if you wish to, in the chat. :)

ShadowFox89

Would there be a set time on waiting for the next person in the line? Or, say, if two characters were interacting exclusively, would they have to wait for others?

Edit: and if anyone wants to start with Renard, let me know in the ooc.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kasper

Yes, because obviously, we can't be waiting too long. The wait will probably be about three to five days, I haven't decided yet. Of course, you can be requested to be skipped as well. And yes, they would be expected to wait. Nobody likes reading twenty odd posts to catch up on what's going on in the role play.

Also, the post will be per character. So, if you have multiple characters, which nobody here does yet, then the rotation includes each individual character rather than player.

The reason I use a loose post rotation is because it has worked well for me in the past and continues to work well for me and makes for a nice, healthy game. It also compliments players who have multiple games on their palette, as they don't have to make rapid posts. However, it does not work well for those who don't have many other games to keep them entertained while waiting for a post in this game.

boyblue23

Hey there!! Just thought I'd write up a little add on to my bio so it didn't look so meager next to everyone else's:

Despite Paul's identity crisis, he is a young man with a huge heart who feels for those who are in pain or injured.      He is going to school to study medicine and often acts on a personal feeling of morality that is sometimes conflicted with the teachings of his father. He has a beautiful smile and a soft lovely singing voice that would surprise you. If and when Paul makes friends he remains loyal and defends them until the end.

Any weakness that he feels in is the doubts that he has in himself and the belief that he may not be good.

kasper

Quote from: boyblue23 on January 17, 2012, 12:33:27 PM
Hey there!! Just thought I'd write up a little add on to my bio so it didn't look so meager next to everyone else's:

Despite Paul's identity crisis, he is a young man with a huge heart who feels for those who are in pain or injured.      He is going to school to study medicine and often acts on a personal feeling of morality that is sometimes conflicted with the teachings of his father. He has a beautiful smile and a soft lovely singing voice that would surprise you. If and when Paul makes friends he remains loyal and defends them until the end.

Any weakness that he feels in is the doubts that he has in himself and the belief that he may not be good.

Okay it's been added. :)

Animegurl5

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for being gone so long. I was having family issues and didn't have time to get on... I'll finish up my bio quickly, and I apologize again for taking so long.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Narianna

Hey Doll, I'm pretty sure we've all only just posted for the first time so you've got a bit to catch up. No worries. :) Hope everything's all right family wise!

Aurora Wayland

kasper

Quote from: Animegurl5 on January 17, 2012, 02:48:12 PM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for being gone so long. I was having family issues and didn't have time to get on... I'll finish up my bio quickly, and I apologize again for taking so long.

It's alright, we're still in the intro post phase, so you're not really behind at all. :)

Elf

Okay, Narianna suggested this game to me and I think it looks interesting. I purposed a rough idea to her and if she likes it I will then post the skeleton for an original character here. As it is nearly time for my sleep cycle though the earliest it will be up is tomorrow. If not I will have to come up with a different character and the creation may take a bit longer.

Aurora Wayland

Elf

kasper

Quote from: Elf on January 19, 2012, 12:57:07 PM
Okay, Narianna suggested this game to me and I think it looks interesting. I purposed a rough idea to her and if she likes it I will then post the skeleton for an original character here. As it is nearly time for my sleep cycle though the earliest it will be up is tomorrow. If not I will have to come up with a different character and the creation may take a bit longer.

Okay, that's fine.

kasper

Also, in lieu of a better character composition, I have stripped the role of the witch for the roles of the twins.

Elf

The Hunter

Name: Alexander (Alex) Eldridge
Race/Power(s): Human with some demon/ Stronger and faster than normal human with a mild resistance to damage he can still be hurt it just takes a lot more to do so. His primary gift is the ability to sense anything not natural and get a general idea of what is unnatural about people and things.
Good/Bad: Good, but has an attitude of the end justifying the means.
Brief Background: Alex’s father was killed when he was only fourteen by “The Enemy” and since then he has hated the enemy. Unknown to him though his father being a quarter demon was actually working for “The Enemy” but failed him one too many times so was executed. Alex believes his father was a good man and was simply murdered. When his own powers started to manifest near his eighteenth birthday he swore revenge on the man that killed his father.

The hunt was put on hold when Alex fell in love with his high school sweetheart and married her at the age of twenty. A year later he started actively hunting “The Enemy” his actions caught the attention of some very secretive people in the government. He was recruited to hunt down and kill those thought to be a threat to national security especially those that were not entirely human. By the time Madi was born he was already deep into the dark never seen under belly of the government. He would spend days even weeks out on assignment. It becomes increasing clear to him that he has been making enemies both of the natural and the unnatural many of which would go after those he loves to hurt and weaken him. Although it broke his heart when Madi was only five it was decided by both him and his beloved wife that to protect them he would have to leave. Many tears were shed by both that last night they were together.

After a few years strangers started showing up near the home of Alex’s wife and daughter with an unusual interest in them. One night after he kills two werewolves that had been intent on getting into their home, as he never stopped loving them and often kept an eye on them to protect them from the shadows, he calls his wife and tells her it is no longer safe there. It tore his heart out to watch his daughter have to grow up never making any real lasting friendship as she had to move every year, but no matter where they went he always found them and continued to keep watch over them.

With Madi approaching her eighteenth birthday Alex feels the need to be near her, not only to protect her but also to help her as her powers, having demon blood from him in her, start to manifest. He knows they are there as he could always sense them lying dormant. He has no idea what gifts she will have but they are there. As it gets closer to her birthday Alex is never far from her, but has yet to reveal himself to her. Protecting his daughter and seeing her through the development of her powers is even more important than his hunt for “The Enemy.”

Narianna

Elf

Haloriel

The Siren
Name: Giulia Sirenia Bellini - answers to 'Jules'

Sex/Age: Female/Appears late 20's

Appearance: Giulia - often called Jules - seems a very slender young woman that appears almost helpless in her manner.  Her hair is a soft red and tends to lay in soft, tiny curls, streaming down her back in complete abandon and past her hips.  Her eyes are a changeable colour that mirrors the hue of ocean water.  She favours simple clothing in plain or natural colours that is generally made of very thin linen, such as white, soft blues, and pink, and grey.  Jules has a tendency not to wear socks with her only shoe of choice in sandals - if she even has shoes on at all.  She smells of fresh ocean water, subtle wild flowers, and sandalwood.  Juliet can choose to change her form at will.  Has a pattern of iridescent scales upon her hips that curls around her thighs that generally remains as it is rather than shifting to look like human skin.  She is tall, standing to nine inches above five feet.   

Personality & Other Traits: Jules tends toward an eerie calm unless riled, and the odd note of wisdom.  She loves collecting sea shells, books, and shiny baubles especially.  Juliet has a quick temper - and can be easily riled in specific cases.  She does not like being interrupted when speaking, and has an almost obsessive relationship with music and those that practice its craft - often found trailing near coffee houses, and concerts.  Jules has something of an obessession with sweetbread, and various other sugary things.  They are nearly about the only things in existence that can calm her ire - save a gift of a bauble - the shiner the better.  She is extremely protective toward children - as they have no innate fear of the water as adults do.

Race and Powers: Siren (Mermaid) - can manipulate water and air with her thoughts - but needs to be close to water.  Can use both elements to create a shield of protection around her body that is capable of repelling any magic for several minutes at a time, reflecting it back on the user.  Sees into the hearts of men, and is able to mesmerise them with her voice and eyes, inspiring protective instincts, and lust that feels almost near to love (these abilities will only be used upon player permission).  Can create seaweed, and other sea plants to choke a mortal to death, or drag them under water.  Can create a water bubble to stop a person from breathing due to the inability to escape.  Upon an immortal of similar power, her abilities generally stun them for several minutes at a time (this is left up to the player of the other character(s) in question).

Brief History:  Very little is likely known of Jules, though plenty is of her sisters and kin in that of the siren ... and Merfolk.  She was born in the Adriatic Sea, deep beneath the waves eight centuries ago - though it is not something she is likely to speak of, except in alluding to the beauty of the sea.  A ship off the coast found her on land and wounded.  She fell in love with the Captain rather than the other way around that is tradition, and so chose to marry him - thus ensuring her 'immortality'.  He eventually died of old age, and she remained by the side of his family as a protector and good luck charm  until the last of the Captain's family died out that she knew of - which was around 1750.  It was after this that Jules travelled the world, giving variations of her name to men - particularly those with vocal talent - and being cared for by those that were not immune to her charms. 

She knows of the Enemy but has never seen his - or her face, and generally chooses to remain neutral in the fight unless someone she cares for is harmed to the point nearing death.

Animegurl5

Holy Siren that is the best character bio I have ever seen.  :o
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Narianna

Haloriel

~blush~  I tried to keep it brief.  Heh.  O:)