The Children of Yggdrasil [EX] - A psychological mind thriller

Started by Esoteric Myobi, February 25, 2012, 12:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Check out the first post of our OOC thread for more information!

There was a time in the distant past when myths were more than just fanciful tales but actual history. It was a time when fascination with the supernatural fluctuated in waves, when fanatics obsessed over death and the unknown. A time of chaos, full of unnatural deaths...murder, sacrifice, war, cannibalism...

Now, in the year 2198, myths are all but forgotten, the supernatural have been proven false, and science reigns supreme. In a ravaged world where lush green grass and trees can only be found within carefully maintained facilities, a world where the falling of snow darkens the ground, the only crime known and prevalent is theft and deaths are all due to natural causes.

Yet history continues to linger. The fantastical past that had diminished to bedtime tales and eventually forgotten altogether is still clinging to its fragile existence. Tales of the Tree of Life, Yggdrasil, is one of the few stories that have never quite been forgotten. At the end of every century, there is the occasional claim of a giant tree sighted on the horizon, its branches are said to reach up into the heavens and its roots spread across the Earth. Rumors state that bouts of madness tend to follow these sightings, that gruesome acts of death occur, yet none of these rumored events had ever been recorded as more than just hearsay.

With the advance of science, everyone has access to the net, even the poorest individuals are able to connect. The interwebs consist of a virtual utopia, one that mankind was never able to create without the use of technology. While the five senses can be fully utilized online, nothing can replace the basic necessities of food and water...though many forget.

While theft is abundant, the sudden discovery of a mutilated body shocked society out of its comfortable passive state. A girl, not yet a woman, was found decapitated in her own room. Neighbors had reported an unpleasant smell and police entered to find a surreal scene painted in dried blood. Her legs and left arm were strewn around the room, entrails spilled out of her slit stomach, a blood spattered hatchet lay on the kitchen floor, and a steak knife was clutched tightly in her right hand. Yet it was her bloody smile and calm visage that kept forensics awake at night.

News buzzed for weeks afterwards, and it would have been forgotten in due time if not for yet another brutal murder. A man beat his sickly mother to death with a toaster, claiming afterwards that he had no memory of doing so. As the weeks passed, society's unease grew as these strange occurrences increased. Eventually a group was formed by the government for these crazed culprits who vehemently insisted on innocence, stating that a mysterious voice had instilled their violence. It wasn't their fault.

Or was it?

Welcome to The Children of Yggdrasil,
brought to you by Esoteric Myobi and DudelRok.

Warning!
  • This RP is tagged as EX for a reason. There will be a good deal of violence and bizarre acts and deaths. If this makes you uncomfortable, this is not the game for you.
  • This game is NOT about being a blood-thirsty psycho killer. It is about finding out WHY it is happening for no apparent reason.
  • If players have not posted in a month and have disappeared from E as well, their characters will be removed as deemed appropriate by GMs (possible character death).
  • EX sex is an option, but not a requirement. However, everything must be agreed upon by the players in question (not necessarily the characters).
  • This is a Choose Your Own Adventure (CYOA) type of game. Expect plenty of interesting and surprising twists!
  • Posts do not have to be spectacularly long, but please write enough for others to work off of.

What to Expect:
  • This is a game that will be focusing heavily on character development.
  • We have made this a game where players can easily come and go. The game will not wait for one person to respond to a post to move on.
  • Expect the occasional scene to be interrupted (In the middle of smexing it up? Guess what, building's burning, better move it to PMs.)
  • Characters, and players to a certain extent, will be kept in the dark and won't know exactly what's going on. The goal is for characters to band together and solve the mystery of their random acts of violence.
  • Characters will be hearing voices in their heads, this is due to the 'infection' of a seed of Yggdrasil (a fact unknown to characters, and an act that was done without their knowledge). GM posts containing voices can be heard by all characters.
  • These voices conflict with each other and encourage/discourage the characters. Characters' actions are completely made of their own volition.
  • Players may occasionally receive PMs from GMs of voices speaking specifically to their character. Players (and characters) may choose to keep the message they receive secret or to themselves.

If you managed to read all of that and are still interested then we're looking forward to seeing the characters you create. ;D

Character Sheet:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality Traits:[/b] (list at most 3)
[b]Fears:[/b] (list at least 3)
[b]Lifetime Dreams:[/b] (list at least 3)
[b]Crime Committed:[/b] (what they did to end up in therapy)
[b]Addendum:[/b] (anything else important, such as history, keep it short and concise please)

Buttons & Banners:

Simply copy the code if you'd like to put a button or banner (made especially by DudelRok) in your signature. You can easily change it from floating on the left to the right by changing the code. :-)

[float=left][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132989.0][img width=225 height=100]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/0/06/ChildrenofYgg5tweak_small.jpg[/img][/url][/float]

[float=left][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132989.0][img width=95 height=100]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/8/85/YggTree-_av-button.jpg[/img][/url][/float]

Cast of Crazies:

WendySlaveGirl - Sarah Black
Remiel - Drake Holland
DarkWorld0BrightHope - Detrius Harper
Lady Kitsune - Winter Redgrave, a.k.a, Sugar
DTW - Nigel "Ness" Wright
PeacethatPowerbrings - Kenzie Autumn
Water Lilly - Alice Beaumont
Niferbelle - Phaedra Leitner
jayline - Isaac Essbjörn
FallenFeather - Jung Hua
Michael Corvus - Tim Thomas
bubby - Brazil King
LovesReading2 - Natalie Brewster
Moon Hound Hati - Sam Washington
SeriousMoonlight - Mara Vida
Elias - Simon

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

WendySlaveGirl

So, if I understand right the characters are people who did something at the urging of those voices and are now in a group formed by the government? Is it a sort of group therapy thing or are they investigating?

DudelRok

Quote from: WendySlaveGirl on February 25, 2012, 12:33:24 AM
So, if I understand right the characters are people who did something at the urging of those voices and are now in a group formed by the government? Is it a sort of group therapy thing or are they investigating?

It's a therapy group... but this group will end up investigating on their own fairly quickly.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

PeacethatPowerbrings

I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

WendySlaveGirl

I think I am officially interested having thought about it for awhile.

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Making my interest official. Mhm. Look forward to the suspense.
Looking for writing prompts, 500-1000 words. Will do one a day.

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray for interest! ;D

-glomps familiar people and politely hugs new ones-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Lord Mayerling

Hmm. I think I might be interested in this if there's still some room.

Lady Kitsune

I'm in.  As if I could resist Myobi's mind control techniques.  :P
I am working on it, I swear!

Kimera

Sounds interesting, might join if spots are still open

Is the internet utopia a bit like the matrix, in which people can plug in to enter the virtual world?

Esoteric Myobi

This game is meant to be very flexible, as in characters (and thus players) can easily come and go without the game falling apart if someone leaves. As long as we still have 3-4 characters sticking around, the game will go on. So there's no need to worry about whether or not there's enough room in the game. Of course, the game is meant to be flexible for the growth of character development and plot as well, so the more the merrier. :-)

Quote from: Kimera on February 25, 2012, 10:45:36 AMIs the internet utopia a bit like the matrix, in which people can plug in to enter the virtual world?

Pretty much, yes. ;D -had not even thought about that- Yet another reason why I should watch movies (and actually remember them) more often, heh.

If there are any other questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise, we're looking forward to seeing some interesting character sheets. ::)

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on February 25, 2012, 09:13:14 AMI'm in.  As if I could resist Myobi's mind control techniques.  :P

-cackles to self, triumphantly muttering something about how psychic camp had finally paid off-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Faustus

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Remiel

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on February 25, 2012, 09:13:14 AM
I'm in.  As if I could resist Myobi's mind control techniques.  :P

See, for me, it's all about the seduction.  All she has to do is bat those big brown eyes and make a pouty face, and I'm putty in her hands.

Love And Submission

I'm interested. Yggdrasil, eh? I just hope this doesn't end in Ragnarök. I hate the cold.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Niferbelle

DudelRok

Quote from: Kimera on February 25, 2012, 10:45:36 AMIs the internet utopia a bit like the matrix, in which people can plug in to enter the virtual world?

Like Myobi said, "Yes." But it should be noted that; characters wont be inside the net very much, if at all. It's just background, for the most part.

Quote from: Remiel on February 25, 2012, 07:01:50 PM
See, for me, it's all about the seduction.  All she has to do is bat those big brown eyes and make a pouty face, and I'm putty in her hands.

Don't even get me started.

>.>

<.<

Quote from: DTW on February 25, 2012, 07:34:04 PMYggdrasil, eh? I just hope this doesn't end in Ragnarök. I hate the cold.

That'll be partly up to players. ;)

I AM THE RETURN!

WendySlaveGirl

Name: Sarah Black
Personality Traits: (list at most 3) Creative (likes to paint, draw, and write short stories. No poetry though!), Intelligent, Submissive.
Fears: (list at least 3) Spiders, Being Alone, Losing her creative touch (I'll think of more), Succumbing to the madness that the voices seem to indicate. She is also scared of some of the others in the group as she fears one or more of them will hurt her due to their own voices.
Lifetime Dreams: (list at least 3) Making a living from her art or her writing. Finding someone who understands her and doesn't judge her. Discovering why her father left her and her mother when she was young. Being free of all this madness. Exploring the darker side of her sexual nature in a safe way.
Crime Committed: (what they did to end up in therapy) She burned down the art gallery that had rejected some of her art. At the time, while under the thrall of the voices, she viewed it as her latest artistic work, the flames nearly hypnotising her.
Addendum: (anything else important, such as history, keep it short and concise please) I would like to develop her history organically through the game itself if possible. I will say, despite the almost-goth look it is more of a stylistic choice and an expression of her creativeness rather than any kind of emo "darkness". She just really enjoys dressing in a non-standard way and finds the look she has now to be very sexy.

Remiel

Name: Drake Holland
Personality Traits: (list at most 3) Taciturn, Brooding, Flawed
Fears: (list at least 3) Fear of Failure, Fear of being universally despised, Fear that he's going insane
Lifetime Dreams: (list at least 3) to track down his wife's killer and make him pay.  Also to achieve some sort of absolution for his guilt and regret.
Crime Committed: (what they did to end up in therapy) Cheated on his wife
Addendum: (anything else important, such as history, keep it short and concise please)
Whenever I get the urge to play something Film Noir, I bring out Drake Holland, my stereotypical Private Eye.  In this incarnation he's an alcoholic who, in one tragic night, lost everything.  He was happily married, but gave in to temptation with his secretary.  That night, while he was in bed with his lover, his home was broken into and his wife was murdered.   Losing his lover, his job, and his sanity, he lives only now to track down his wife's murderer and get his vengeance.   The guilt of his unfaithfulness haunts him every day.

Obviously will be played in the Film Noir style (although bits of H.P. Lovecraft and Silent Hill may make an appearance).

Esoteric Myobi

Wendy, Sarah Black looks great (love the picture!) -- approved! It's completely fine to develop your character further in-game, highly encouraged in fact. :-)

Remiel, Drake Holland looks good so far. Could you just be a little more specific to what you mean by 'Flawed'? Since Dudel and I will be exploiting every single lovely flaw. ;) And for his Lifetime Dreams, I'm assuming that tracking down his wife's killer and making him pay count as two? Also, just wanted to point out that since the only common crime in the world is theft, murder is something that's only just begun to happen lately. So the person who killed his wife is very likely to be one of those infected by a seed (and thus possibly required to attend therapy).

Quote from: Remiel on February 25, 2012, 07:01:50 PMSee, for me, it's all about the seduction.  All she has to do is bat those big brown eyes and make a pouty face, and I'm putty in her hands.

Quote from: DudelRok on February 25, 2012, 09:37:09 PMDon't even get me started.

-perches on Dudel's lap and bats eyes seductively at Remiel, finger wagging in a 'come hither' motion- But you can feel free to tell me all of your dirty little secrets after you've spilled the beans about Drake. >:)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lord Mayerling

Name: Tyler Morrison
Personality Traits: Seductive, Remorseless, Addicted
Fears: Getting Caught, Crowds, The Network (list at least 3)
Lifetime Dreams: Tyler wants little more than to live a normal live with his wife and children, but he has a dangerous addiction to sex and killing. He would do anything to slay his addition as long as he didn’t get caught.
Crime Committed: More than 10 arrests for soliciting prostitution, trespassing and stalking. So far virtual behavior modification therapy has not worked.
Addendum: Tyler Morrison lives two lives. In one, he’s a responsible citizen, a community leader, a church goer and wonderful husband and father to three children. In his other, entirely secret life he is a serial killer: binding women, using them sexually, and then killing them (if he thinks he can get away with it) for his own perverse gratification. So far he has never been caught, but somewhere in the back of his mind he does want to be caught, if only so the world knows the cruelty of which he is capable.

Remiel

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 26, 2012, 07:33:12 AM
Remiel, Drake Holland looks good so far. Could you just be a little more specific to what you mean by 'Flawed'? Since Dudel and I will be exploiting every single lovely flaw. ;) And for his Lifetime Dreams, I'm assuming that tracking down his wife's killer and making him pay count as two? Also, just wanted to point out that since the only common crime in the world is theft, murder is something that's only just begun to happen lately. So the person who killed his wife is very likely to be one of those infected by a seed (and thus possibly required to attend therapy).

Hrm. Does "alcoholic shell of a man" count for Flawed?  And although the dream only counts as one, I couldn't really think of anything else.  He's a bit obsessed and single-minded, I should think.

Quote-perches on Dudel's lap and bats eyes seductively at Remiel, finger wagging in a 'come hither' motion- But you can feel free to tell me all of your dirty little secrets after you've spilled the beans about Drake. >:)

But, dear, you already know all of my dirty little secrets. ;)

DarkWorld0BrightHope

Name:Detrius Harper

Personality Traits:Studious, Determined, Quiet
Fears:Being/Feeling Helpless, Being a figment, Nonexistance, teddy bears(yes, Teddy Bears)
Lifetime Dreams:Being with someone who relies upon him entirely, finally learning how to make the perfect Baked Alaska, Having a street named after him.
Crime Committed:Freaking out and burning down a doll store purely due to the mass number of teddy bears in it.
Addendum: Usually a stable man, his problem with teddy bears goes back to his youth, when his older sister was-in his eyes-killed by her teddy bear wielding a steak knife. In truth, the knife had fallen into the couch from the counter behind it, snuggling cozily next to her teddy bear, when the pet dog came into the house he rushed her onto the couch where she was stabbed in the kidney and later bled to death. It was an image he couldn't get out of his mind, and has since been afraid of a teddy bear conspiracy, thus whenever he sees one he has a hard time not overreacting. He usually isn't a problem elsewise.

DudelRok

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 26, 2012, 07:33:12 AM
Wendy, Sarah Black looks great (love the picture!) -- approved! It's completely fine to develop your character further in-game, highly encouraged in fact. :-)

*Kinda of wishes he had a character so he could try and seduce Wendy.* What? Like y'all weren't thinking it!

Quote from: Remiel on February 26, 2012, 07:53:29 AM
Hrm. Does "alcoholic shell of a man" count for Flawed?  And although the dream only counts as one, I couldn't really think of anything else.  He's a bit obsessed and single-minded, I should think.

It does count as "flawed." I just wanted to see if there was anything more specific you meant. Like Myobi said, GMs will be using these things. ...though the addition of "Obsessed" and "Single-Minded" rounds things out quite nicely.

Lord Mayerling: Hmm... I think I wanna let this slide just to have that blatant "problem" within the group dynamics. The thing is, though, is that everyone starts off in the Therapy Group, so if you can give me a good reason that Tyler would be there I'll back you up. Maybe the two aspects of Tyler's life are unaware of one another, as well? A little dissociative identity disorder, perhaps?

DarkWorld0BrightHope: Solid. That teddy bear fear is going to be good fun. XD

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 26, 2012, 07:33:12 AM-perches on Dudel's lap and bats eyes seductively at Remiel, finger wagging in a 'come hither' motion- But you can feel free to tell me all of your dirty little secrets after you've spilled the beans about Drake. >:)

Quote from: Remiel on February 26, 2012, 07:53:29 AMBut, dear, you already know all of my dirty little secrets. ;)

*Nibbles playfully on Myobi's neck* Oh, and I was going to share... guess I don't have to, now.

I AM THE RETURN!

Lord Mayerling

Quote from: DudelRok on February 26, 2012, 09:56:48 AM
Lord Mayerling: Hmm... I think I wanna let this slide just to have that blatant "problem" within the group dynamics. The thing is, though, is that everyone starts off in the Therapy Group, so if you can give me a good reason that Tyler would be there I'll back you up. Maybe the two aspects of Tyler's life are unaware of one another, as well? A little dissociative identity disorder, perhaps?

That is the exaclty the character concept I was wanting to avoid. Enjoy your game.

DudelRok

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on February 26, 2012, 10:45:32 AM
That is the exaclty the character concept I was wanting to avoid. Enjoy your game.

If that's how you feel. No hard feelings... feel free to create a different character. You can join at any time.

I AM THE RETURN!

Esoteric Myobi

Remi, thanks for clarifying for us -- approved!

Dark, (May I call you Dark, or would you prefer something else?) teddy bears? I love it, how could I not? Also approved!
-wraps arms around Dark and squuuueezes tight as she begins making him into her teddy-

LM, I'm sorry to see you go, but as Dudel said, you're always welcome back. :-)

By the way, approved characters are listed at the end of the first post. We also have banners and buttons available for those of you who would like to link them in your signature.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Name:Winter Redgrave, a.k.a, Sugar

Personality Traits: Temperamental – sweet one minute, caustic the next.  May be due to her split personality. Inattentive- she always seems to be listening to music in another room.  Secretive- she seems to hide things and does not like to share everything she may know about herself or others.

Fears: dogs, being helpless, mirrors

Lifetime Dreams: She dreams of being writer, someone to love her and where the voices come from – are they her split personalities or something else?

Crime Committed: She is in therapy for the murder of her father and a few other murders.

Addendum: Sugar suddenly found herself huddled in the corner of her kitchen her clothes in shreds and holding a butcher knife.  Her hair, which had been light brown was now a pure white which no dye would take to.  After wondering about this, she looked to see her father laying dead on the floor.  He was practically eviscerated with numerous stab wounds. A voice told her it would be okay and then darkness.  The next thing she knew, it was days later and the voice was telling her wait for a woman to leave her office.  Darkness again and she was standing over the woman with a bloody knife in hand.  The voice soothed her and told her it was okay.  It was necessary for her safety.  After the third and fourth death, the police finally caught up to her.  She was put in the group at the behest of someone higher up.  She now questions the voice to a degree, as she wants to know why she had to kill those people.  Who were they to her that they had to die so she could be safe?

DarkWorld0BrightHope

I have absolutely no problem with Dark, as it is sans the complexity of other shortenings of the username and isn't as off sounding as being called 0(h) or Zero. I had hoped the both would enjoy a somewhat more amusing quirk as that one.

Will be interesting to see how you manage to use what little is given in an attempt to drive the character to madness. Such... torture is... a very welcome change of pace.

WendySlaveGirl

I slightly tweaked my character, mostly adding more detail to some elements of her sheet and a couple of new fears/dreams.

DudelRok

Lady Kitsune: Love it!

Quote from: WendySlaveGirl on February 26, 2012, 05:37:26 PM
I slightly tweaked my character, mostly adding more detal to some elements of her sheet and a couple of new fears/dreams.

Looks good! A little more never hurts, and those add-ons really play to the game's theme.

I AM THE RETURN!

WendySlaveGirl

Quote from: DudelRok on February 26, 2012, 05:48:54 PM

Looks good! A little more never hurts, and those add-ons really play to the game's theme.

Thank you. I tweaked it a bit again and added to the addendum, explaining her look and that she is not a Goth in the depressing, dark sense but more in that she just enjoys dressing that way and it makes her feel sexy.

Esoteric Myobi

May I have some Sugar please? Pretty, pretty please? I swear I won't bite, even if she tries to stab me. ::)

Dark, I'm glad you're looking forward to the game. ;D I certainly hope that we live up to your expectations!

Wendy, new changes look good. Feel free to continue editing as you like, just continue keeping us up to date as well. :-)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Quote from: Remiel on February 25, 2012, 07:01:50 PM

Ah yes, she bats her big brown eyes and I want to do terrible thi-....er...yeah!

Quote from: DudelRok on February 26, 2012, 05:48:54 PM

Mmm, I aim to please.    ;)

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 26, 2012, 06:50:38 PM
May I have some Sugar please? Pretty, pretty please? I swear I won't bite, even if she tries to stab me. ::)

Only if Sugar is on top!  :P

-There is no difference between writing and murder because it is all in the details.

Love And Submission

Name:Nigel "Ness" Wright
Personality Traits:  Foolish  , Astute , Nervous
Fears: (list at least 3) Ghost , Fire , Theme Park mascots
Lifetime Dreams:   Getting Another Job , Have a  Serious Relationship an finding Inner Peace.
Crime Committed: (what they did to end up in therapy)  After successively  defending a  top 500 CEO of murdering husband   and son , Ness is said to  have murdered her in cold after finding out she actually guilty of the crime. He was subsequently fired from his Law Firm.
Addendum: (anything else important, such as history, keep it short and concise please) As well being a Lawyer , Ness has a strange collection of knowledge of pop culture. He also owns a large collection of Science Fiction Memorabilia.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

DudelRok

Seems okay to me, DTW. And Myobi's given me the nod that she's cool too.

Welcome aboard.

I AM THE RETURN!

Miss Lilly

Hi Myobi and Dudel!  *waves and hugs*

You've piqued my interest...I've never had the opportunity to play really dark game, so it's intrigued me!  Quick question, though...the crimes the characters have committed to wind up in therapy....do they remember committing them?  Or are they, like in the intro post, oblivious to what they've done?
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name:Kenzie Autumn
Personality Traits: Energetic, Curious, Open (depends on context, can seem honest or blunt)
Fears: Losing her piercings (comes from a fear of absolute nakedness), being scarred or permanently injured, extremely enclosed spaces, extremely barren and wide open spaces.
Lifetime Dreams: To have a relationship (with one or more people), to know someone like herself, to be free (physically, psychologically)
Crime Committed: Two assaults, and an attempted murder. Broke a burglar's arm, and beat him severely when her apartment was broken into, despite not being threatened, or feeling threatened. Chased and beat severely a man she suspected of being a burglar two weeks after her first incident. In the last incident, about one week later, she tossed a man down the stairs in her building, and was choking him to death when she was finally stopped. In all cases she experienced a black-out during the attack.
Addendum: Adheres to a form of radical honesty. She always tells the truth, even if it seems blunt or rude. Quite physically skilled at climbing, as an acrobat, navigating her environment, and has training and experience in martial arts.

Esoteric Myobi

-squees- Lily~! -hugs and snuggles-

To answer your question, it really depends and you can make use of it however you want. Some people may hear the voices and know (and remember) that they're hearing them, but think that they're just going crazy or something. Some may hear the voices and insist its not theirs, though no one believes them. Some may hear and think they're their own thoughts (conscience?) since the voices are continually conflicted. Some may remember the crime, some may blank out and 'wake up' later on and not realize that anything out of the ordinary had occurred. We left it open for players to tweak to their hearts' content, but of course, if anything seems like it needs a bit of help to fit into the game better, we will poke you about it. ;D

Peace, Kenzie looks good to me, shall stick you into approved characters after Dudel's had a chance to check her out. :-) I'd only ask that you please elaborate a bit more on the crime committed and if there was any particular reason behind it.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Miss Lilly

Ah...I get it now. I've got a character half worked out in my head...I'll see if i can get a CS together tomorrow!
Visit Lola's!

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on February 27, 2012, 08:32:03 AM
Peace, Kenzie looks good to me, shall stick you into approved characters after Dudel's had a chance to check her out. :-) I'd only ask that you please elaborate a bit more on the crime committed and if there was any particular reason behind it.

I elaborated a bit. It was part vigilantism and part crazy, but she doesn't remember doing it.

DarkWorld0BrightHope

This is going to be fun... might need to make room on my planner for this. I like the possibilities I see before me.
-shoos plot bunnies in a big bucket-
I swear though it would be unfair if my guy had to somehow make a teddy bear pastrie just to survive.

Esoteric Myobi

Looking forward to seeing it, Lily. ^^

And that looks awesome, Peace. Love how you incorporated theft and some unfortunate burglars in there.

Dark, you're trapped in a run down bakery. You can't go outside, it's too dangerous, but you're running low on supplies and the nearest safe spot is too far from your current location. Your stomach growls and demands to be fed. Rummaging through the pantry you find some flour, sugar, eggs, and milk that's about to expire. Just enough to bake yourself one small cake. Yet peering in the oven you find that there's only one baking pan...and it's a teddy bear mold.

-cue creepy music, dun dun dunn-

Okay, I'll stop being silly now. :P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

DudelRok

PeacethatPowerbrings: Solid. I fully intend to push her into a few fights, too. :O

Lilly: In addition to what Myobi said, characters can also not care.

Quote from: DarkWorld0BrightHope on February 27, 2012, 11:42:19 AM
This is going to be fun... might need to make room on my planner for this. I like the possibilities I see before me.

Don't worry too much. We wont be expecting anyone to jump up and throw their other games to the wind for us. The game is very fluid. We'll work with how many people posted etc, when we are moving things along.

Unless players are inactive, characters will be assumed "still there."

I AM THE RETURN!

Miss Lilly

Name:  Alice Beaumont
Personality Traits:  Quiet, withdrawn, unsure
Fears:   Her husband, getting fat, seaweed
Lifetime Dreams:   Seeing her son graduate college, getting away from her husband, finding herself again
Crime Committed:   Stabbing her husband 47 times
Addendum:   Alice met Dean in college.  They got married when she was 20, and she has spent the past 15 years under his tyranical rule.  She was never able to reach his exacting standards in anything she did, from the way she kept the house, to her weight.  Despite being almost unhealthily thin, he would constantly accuse her of being fat and lazy.  The only shining light in her life is her 12 year old son, Anthony, who she always tried to shield from the worst of his father.  Although Dean never struck her, he subjected her to years of emotional and psychological abuse.  The man who, to the outside world, was a pillar of the community, was quite the monster in his own home.
Visit Lola's!

DudelRok

For anyone using that banner-button... deal... there's a smaller one.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:ChildrenofYgg5tweak_small.jpg

I didn't realize Myobi wanted the "banner" as a button, else I would not have made it so big. XD *thought it was to be put at the top of RP threads*

Lilly: Oh, interesting. I think we shall have to find an excuse to go near ocean front property. ;)

I AM THE RETURN!

Niferbelle

Name: Phaedra Leitner
Personality Traits: Repressed, Detached, Intelligent
Fears: Finding out she really is soulless. Ending up like her mother, abandoned and alone and so buried by crushing bitterness that even the relief of fantasy is lost to her. Being without her virtual game world.
Lifetime Dreams: To truly be Phaedra Shadowplay. To see anarchy released on what has become the stultifying reality of humanity. To find someone who is a kindred spirit.
Crime Committed: She pulled a knife on a man she'd been making out with in a club and tried to slash his neck open with a knife. The wound was superficial, the authorities were called and when they arrived she declared to them that she was Phaedra Shadowplay, and that she hadn't meant to kill the guy, just drink his blood. She was taken to holding where she seemed to regain her senses and tried to claim that it had all been some kind of sexual vampire roleplay, that the guy had misunderstood etc. Unfortunately, nobody was buying it.
Addendum: Phaedra was a mid level bureaucratic who spent her days defending mindless red tape against the masses. She worked in a virtual office where she was forced everyday to deal with the disgruntled and the sometimes genuinely oppressed and though nothing ever cracked her cool and professional facade, she increasingly began to believe that she had become part of a soulless bureaucratic machine that is slowly squeezing the life out of humanity. In response, she retreated deeper and deeper into her virtual world games, taking on the persona of an unlikely freedom fighting vampire named Shadowplay who never missed an opportunity to oppose 'The Man'. There is a history of mental illness in her family and what's begun to occur is that Phaedra occasionally has psychotic breaks where she believes that Phaedra Leitner isn't real but merely the alter ego of Phaedra Shadowplay which allows her to blend into society to conceal her true nature. This isn't a case of multiple personality. She doesn't ever believe she's two different people but basically fantasy and reality flips in her head and as Phaedra Shadowplay she has the capacity to become quite dangerous though for now it has almost a comical aspect to it.

Esoteric Myobi

Lily -- approved!

Niferbelle, Phaedra looks great. Only change would be that I'm not sure if you've listed more than one lifetime dream? It seems like one to me, but correct me if I'm wrong. ;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Miss Lilly

Visit Lola's!

Niferbelle

Sorry about that, I meant to go in and retweak the drams thing before I posted and forgot. I went ahead and edited to clarify on the sheet I previously posted.

jayline

I love me some head games, let me know if this works:

Name: Isaac Essbjörn

Personality Traits: Creative, Analytical, Aloof

Fears: Isolation, Becoming Insane, Not being real, Snow

Lifetime Dreams: Isaac wants to know what happened in the year he lost, and get back on his feet, so he can financially look after his mentally ill mother. He wants to lead a normal life again.

Crime Committed: Was charged with counts of theft, graffiti, and one attempted suicide.

Addendum: Isaac was a famous concept artist for a massive net game developer, tasked with creating people, items, worlds, ecosystems, and cultures through research and use his broad artistic talent. Prior to a massive production two years ago, he'd left for a research tour through Finland. He set out on what was to be an hour long trek to a winter campsite, and disappeared. A year later, he resurfaced in America, having broken into an art store and painted an elaborate mural of a gigantic hanging tree, bowed with corpses on the wall outside. While in police custody, Isaac attempted suicide. Officers found him hanging upside down from his bunk, stabbed in the lung with a pencil. Doctors concluded he was in the middle of a schizophrenic episode, as the disease runs in his family, and started him on medication. Isaac only remembers pieces of the time he lost.

Esoteric Myobi

Niferbelle, looks awesome -- approved!

Jayline! Welcome back to E! -glomps!-

Isaac looks good so far, we just have one question for you. We plan to start the game off in the winter so there's bound to be snow. Since one of Isaac's fears is snow, how would he be reacting to that? Staying indoors all day and thus missing the therapy session? Or is he just uncomfortable around it and will make it a point to not touch any of the stuff? (Not that I think anyone would want to, the stuff is black from pollution.)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

jayline

-is glomped-

This one was too good to let slip past, I'm a sucker for anything that rings of sexy insanity. Finally breaking the school E dry spell.

As for Isaac, I think being alone is a bigger issue for him than the snow. He's very uncomfortable around it, and it makes him more susceptible to the voices I'm sure, but a long as he's not in it alone, he should be good.

Esoteric Myobi

Ahh, I see! And accepted~

Since it looks like everyone that had initially expressed interest in the game has posted a character sheet, we're going to try and get the game started soon. Of course, more players are always welcome as well. :-)

While we work on starting the IC thread, you guys can hang out in the shiny new OOC Thread! Look forward to the game! >:)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

DudelRok

Oh... and I wanna make this crystal clear!

New characters may join at any time! This includes second characters if players might have had theirs die for whatever reason, as well as new players altogether. Characters can easily be added in AND new players don't even have to read much more than the last couple of posts in the IC. The other characters should fill in the new characters.... or not, depending on the dynamic of the group.

New players CAN read more, of course... but that's typically all they will need to be able to start playing.

I AM THE RETURN!

FallenFeather

Name: Jung Hua
Personality Traits: Passive - She won’t stand up for herself in anyway, letting others usually take advantage of her; Shy – She won’t speak up or approach other people for any reason; Intelligent -  Naturally smart and with a high IQ, she also studies hard to get where she is.
Fears: Men, needles, snakes
Lifetime Dreams: Becoming a software engineer, buying her own house, supporting her younger siblings
Crime Committed: Castrated three men and stabbed a four 42 times
Addendum: Growing up, her father was addicted to the internet, never paying attention to any of them. Her mother abused both drugs and alcohol to a large extent; spending most of her time either out of the house or passed out on the floor. Jung had to raise her two younger sisters and one younger brother herself, acting more like a mother than an older sibling. When she graduated from high school, she managed to get her still under aged siblings out of her parents’ custodies and into the care of other relatives. She now attends a private university studying Computer Science. Her siblings are now 14, 11, and 9. Over the course of two weeks, Jung castrated three men from her college that had been harassing her and stabbing to death one older man that had no previous connection to her.

If you're still taking on new characters, I'd love to join :)

Esoteric Myobi

Heya Fallen! How've you been? ;D -hugs!-

New players and characters can join at anytime so we're continually recruiting.

The only thing that I would ask you to change would be the addendum. The world is set in a peaceful era, crimes such as rape and physical abuse are unknown and uncommon (until recently). However, substance abuse or addiction to the net is very real. Other than that, the only crime is theft.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Michael Corvus

Name: Tim Thomas
Personality Traits: Cautious of others - Tough - Determined - Physical
Fears: Growing old and alone - going to hell - missing out on his daughter's life.
Lifetime Dreams: Finding a better paying job that doesn't require him to live on the road (he's a truck driver) -  he always wanted to be a professional hockey player -  meeting a beautiful woman and falling in love
Crime Committed: Tim walked into a grocery store, opened his trench coat, whipped out his shotgun, and went on a shootings spree, killing 13 and injuring 7. Not until he ran out of shotgun shells was he detained by authorities, shouting vehemently that he needed more shells to slay the rest of Satan's minions. He later went on record as stating that God had spoken to him and told him that those inside the grocer were not people, only demons disguised as people, charging him with their extermination.
Addendum: Tim and his high school sweetheart married right out of high school, however their marriage was short lived when he caught her in bed with his best friend. Tim found solace in the bottom of a whiskey bottle and soon decided to enlist in the Marine Corps. Days before he was to ship out for basic, he learned he was to become a daddy. He served out his tour with the Marines and was discharged 4 years later. However his stint in the infantry was not conducive to finding suitable work to afford him the time he would like to spend with his daughter or to pursue his dream of becoming a professional hockey player. Taking the only job offer extended to him, Tim became a long haul truck driver.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

DudelRok

Michael Corvus: Seems good to us.

FallenFeather: The main issue is the timeline such things fall. Your Addendum pushes back our events on "when the first violent/bad/etc events happened." I think if everyone was a bit older, in that bio, things would feel far less out of place to us.

Maybe bump everyone up 3 years of age? ...and imply the sexual abuse hadn't started before that time?

I AM THE RETURN!

FallenFeather

-huggles Miyobi- I've been decent, busy with college. About to graduate O_O

Also changed her Addendum, didn't realize that stuff like that didn't occur, thought just major crimes like homicide and stuff xD Anyway, he's now merely addicted to the internet xD

DudelRok

Ah, much better, thank you.

FallenFeather, Michael Corvus: Feel free to join us in the OOC and IC at any time.

I AM THE RETURN!

kobrakid92

This looks interesting from what I've seen so far. Since the building is currently burning, when would be a good place to jump in? I'll also try to have a character sheet up sometime this weekend.

DudelRok

Quote from: kobrakid92 on March 16, 2012, 11:29:42 PM
This looks interesting from what I've seen so far. Since the building is currently burning, when would be a good place to jump in? I'll also try to have a character sheet up sometime this weekend.

Anytime, really... but you might want to wait for the next event/choice/whatever-you-wanna-call-it if you don't want characters in game blaming your character for the fire. XD (Though you'd be real awesome person if you didn't! That gives GMs more to play with and adds suspicion and all kinds of fun things.)

The easiest solution is that your character showed up late yadda yadda "OH SHIT EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE!!!"

The next choice is Myobi and I literally just toss you in with everyone at the next location and BS the same excuse. (Making you a "person of interest" or some such.)

I AM THE RETURN!

bubby

HI! Here's hoping I can join!

Name:Brazil King
Personality Traits:Silent, watchful, mistrust of people
Fears:Not being in control,emotions,falling for someone
Lifetime Dreams:To NOT dream, to be in utter control of her life, to feel safe.
Crime Committed:Attempted patricide upon her father.
Addendum: She has been known as a skilled computer hacker. She has a photographic memory, and is skillful at concealing her identity, possessing passports in different names and physical disguises that she uses to travel undetected. Having a traumatic childhood, she is highly introverted, asocial and has difficulty connecting to people and making friends. She is particularly hostile to men who abuse women, and takes special pleasure in exposing and punishing them.

Esoteric Myobi

Looks good to me, bubby! Welcome to the game. :-) Feel free to pop into the OOC, you'll find a bunch of useful information in the first post and can catch up pretty easily by reading the few selected posts in the 'Story Thus Far' tab.

At the moment, our group is still in the process of escaping the burning library, but you could very well be standing outside and offering to help them. As Dudel said before...

Quote from: DudelRok on March 16, 2012, 11:44:01 PM
The easiest solution is that your character showed up late yadda yadda "OH SHIT EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE!!!"

Can't wait to see Brazil in game. ;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Loves

Name:  Natalie Brewster
Personality Traits: Driven, Perfectionist, Reserved
Fears: Failing, becoming immobile (rendering her unable to dance), confined places
Lifetime Dreams: To become the best ballet dancer in modern day history, To open her own ballet school(teaching only when she is unable to dance herself), to have a family of her own.
Crime Committed: Murdering her dance instructor without provocation.

Addendum: Spending hours training since she was a small child of five, pushed by her mother and sacrificing her childhood in order to reach her dreams, it was only a matter of time before Natalie cracked. The look in her instructor’s eyes enraged her into a twisted and vile creature that took out years of seething frustrations upon his skull. The police found Natalie, gripping the metal pole she had torn from the portable ballet dancing bar, her soft pink leotard and chiffon skirt splattered with blood. Her eyes held wide with shock as she glanced around the dance rehearsal hall struggling to grasp what had happened.  The metal bar fell from her fingers sending a sharp clinking sound echoing through the room as she looked down the barrel of the guns pointed in her direction. Three words pushed past her lips “I don’t understand…”her direction.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Esoteric Myobi

Natalie looks great, Love~! Join us in the OOC anytime, and you can post in the IC whenever you're ready. Please read the 'Story Thus Far' section in the first post of the OOC, thanks. :-)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Moon Hound Hati

Name: Sam Washington
Personality Traits: Headstrong, Reckless, Idealistic, Troubled
Fears: Going blind, deep water, large motorvehicles, becoming a disappointment to his grandfather
Lifetime Dreams: Reaching the rank of police captain at the L.A.P.D., buying a bottle of Dalmore '62 and drinking it at his grandfather's grave, complete the "American Dream" by settling down with a nice wife and having some kids.
Crime Committed: Beat his senior officer to death with a heavy duty stapler from the L.A.P.D.'s copy room while singing the national anthem.
Addendum: At the age of five young Sam and his parents took the buss back home after a fun family outing. Unfortunately, the extremely overweight busdriver experienced a sudden heart attack, sending the buss off into a deep river at full speed. While both adults perished, Sam managed to survive due to a stroke of luck and mouth to mouth. Growing up with his strict but fair grandfather, a grizzled veteran police captain of the Los Angeles Police Department, it wasn't long before the young man decided to follow up on that example, joining the academy straight out of high school, with the intend of one day making the rank of captain and getting put in charge of his own precinct. Recently he had come to suspect his senior officer of corruption, believing the man was taking bribes from local gangsters to look the other way every now and again. Unfortunately, he never got to gather the information he needed to expose the man, somehow having ended up beating the man to death at the police department instead during the night shift.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

DudelRok

QuoteCrime Committed: Beat his senior officer to death with a heavy duty stapler from the L.A.P.D.'s copy room while singing the national anthem.

This made me laugh.

You are totally golden, Moon.

I AM THE RETURN!

Moon Hound Hati

Well, I wanted something that would be both memorable and make the headlines of next day's paper. :P
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

SeriousMoonlight

Name: Mara Vida
Personality Traits: Intelligent, charismatic, daring
Fears: Drowning/deep water, abandonment, disease, power tools
Lifetime Dreams: To have her own TV specials, fall in love, and see the world
Crime Committed: "For my next trick, I'm going to saw this woman in half!" And then she did. Literally.
Addendum: Mara Vida had been doing small feats of magic and illusion since she was young. It started off with simple sleight-of-hand and progressed into stage hypnotism, professional illusions, and before long Mara had made a name for herself as a professional mentalist. Her shows were edgy and bold, clearly demonstrating the woman's sharp mind and power of suggestion. Everything was going her way, until during one of her shows she performed a variation on the famous 'sawing a woman in half' trick - nobody expected her to, you know, actually saw a woman in half. The curtain was only pulled when Mara was halfway through the victim's torso, as most audience members simply thought it was an edgier version of the tried-and-true illusion.
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Elias

Miyu

Esoteric Myobi

Mara looks good to me, but I'll hold off on giving the 'okay' until Dudel's gotten a chance to take a look as well. :-)

Elias and Miyu, our game's made to be flexible so new characters can easily join the fray. Feel free to put together a character sheet and we'll look it over. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Miyu

Name: Jessica Johnson (JJ for shorts)
Personality Traits: Confident, Manipulative, Competitive
Fears: Snakes (phobia), being locked up in a small space, Blood
Lifetime Dreams: Become a model, Continue to have her way with people, Being rich
Crime Committed: Manipulated a police officer to beat up her boyfriend and steal his money for her. She is also well known to use her words and her woman qualities to get what she wants whenever she wants to the point that she stole over a million dollars from different people as they 'Willingly' gave the money to her. She murdered the police officer after he wasn't able to succeed in what she told him to do.
Addendum: If you search for a definition of a seductress you can find J.J. face plastered all over it. She was born into a poor family, her life was never easy to the point where her parents thought they would live on the streets. One night however she found out something amazing, she had the unique quality to actually get people to do whatever she wants with only a few words and actions, a kiss there or a rub the other way was the thing she usually did to have men and woman alike dragging her feet to her. She grew up with this idea and got obsessed with it, she cannot meet a person that she thinks she cannot get something out of. Inside however she is a very scared woman, afraid of being rejected and afraid to go back to the life she once had with her parents where she could not have anything she wanted.

DudelRok

SeriousMoonlight: Ha! I rather like my magic a bit more real than others. Feel free to post in the IC Thread an introduction. If you've read the thread, or at least the most recent GM posts, you'll know that there are currently 2 groups. The group in jail is in need of members, so if you can manage to have Mara dragged into a nearby cell for any reason... go for it.  Not limited to "Jail Group" if you do not want. Feel free to barge into the Deli and scare everyone, as well as risk possible injury. ;D

Feel free to discuss what you want to do with your fellow RPers in the OOC Thread or PM someone in particular if you've an idea. Don't forget to say "Hi" by the way!

Miyu: While the point of the game is manipulation, and Myobi and I don't want to limit players in their choices, there two key things. Primary being that Jessica needs to have committed the crime herself. (Or another crime in addition to the one already listed.) This is important for plot reasons. Secondary being I want to know how do you intend to play your character. If you want to keep that a bit secret, you can PM me with a general idea of what you had in mind.

I AM THE RETURN!

Esoteric Myobi

Just wanted to mention that while we don't expect everyone to read our entire IC Thread before posting, please at least read the 'Story Thus Far' and the linked posts within. You can find this in the first post of the OOC. :-)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Elias

Name: Simon
Personality Traits: Wild, Unpredictable, devilish
Fears: Heights, Losing his voice, His father
Lifetime Dreams: Hitting it big, Becoming a millionaire, marrying an actress
Crime Committed: He smashed his fathers head in with a sledge hammer.
Addendum: Simon is an amateur musician, and singer, he wants to make it big and has a lot of talent, but is a bit hard to handle and no one seems to be able to put up with him very long.

DudelRok

Looks okay to me, Elias, but lets see what Myobi has to say.

I AM THE RETURN!

Esoteric Myobi

Welcome to the game, Elias. Be sure to drop by our OOC thread first and read through the 'Story Thus Far' tab before posting. As with SeriousMoonlight, you can choose which group you'd like to join -- in the deli (which would probably be better if you waited for the next GM post), or in jail (which you can easily enter now). If you have any problems or need help getting Simon into the story, just send us a PM and we'll be more than happy to help. :-)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~