Justice League: Plan #234 [Ex]

Started by Transgirlenstein, July 07, 2009, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transgirlenstein

The unthinkable has happened.  The Justice League has fallen, killed by a foe they could not fully defeat.  To defeat their foe, they made the ultimate sacrifice which destroyed them both and left a world without heroes.  But all was not lost.
As was his way, Batman had a contingency plan set into place.  Upon their defeat, contingency plan #234 was activated.  In the Watch Tower, the League's space headquarters, the computer activated a dimensional transport pulse.  This pulse reached out into every dimension seeking replacements for the fallen heroes.  From each dimension it could find, they were taken.  These versions of the heroes have been brought into this world where together they must put aside their separate existences and become the heroes that the world will need.  But all plans are not perfect and something stirs in the darkness.

What I am looking for in this game is various versions of the heroes below.  For example:  the Batman archetype could be anything from a version of Harley Quinn who fights crime in a cyberpunk Gotham to a vampiric Batman to a she-male Batman.  Think of any Elseworld story ever.  The following heroes are suggestions and any viable member of the League is a possibility.

Heroes
Supergirl/Martian Manhunter: Seraph
Batman: TheVillian
Aquaman: Enmuro
Green Lantern: Gabriel M
Flash: GreenHavok
Wonder Woman: Bathoz
Power Girl: Karma
Zatanna:
Green Arrow: Rhapsody
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Transgirlenstein

Character Application
Name
Sexuality
Description
Bio
Powers
Weakness

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Cold Heritage

I'd like to try for the Superman. I'll get to work on it and toss it in ASAP.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Cold Heritage

Here's what I've got. Let me know if it passes muster; it's pretty well a rip-off of a rip-off. The idea is more of a Superman that focused purely on the Super, and discarded the Man almost entirely. He knows he's the Other, and he's tried to be otherwise. And because he's not one of them, he doesn't feel particularly inclined to follow their rules. He's a Superman Lex Luthor could understand - he uses his powers to the fullest and as he chooses, and he doesn't rule the world because he's so powerful he considers ruling a bunch of hairless apes beneath him.

Character Application
Name: Nobiliar of House Kell, alias Noble
Race: Kheran Lord
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Description: Noble is a very tall, very muscle male. His skin is fair, and without blemishes or scars. His eyes are a very pale blue, while his hair is a fair blond shade. The male's hair is short enough for what is usually described as business casual. His mass and size are sufficient that he cannot pass himself off as a human being, and he would not wish to. Noble stands 6'10" tall, but his incredibly dense physiology results in a weight of 615 lbs.

His costume is a full body suit, in red, that covers all but his hair, face, and ears. The suit has a pair of metallic red pauldrons to which a cape is attached, and small compartments contain a handful of useful devices.

Bio: Nobiliar of House Kell is one of the Kherubim, a race of aliens divided into genetic heterogenous castes. The Lord caste was one of the most physically and politically puissant castes, possessed of inborn powers that excelled those of the others. Nobiliar's forebears used these powers to ensconce themselves within the government of the Kheran people, ensuring that their descendents would by default receive positions of power and influence. The Kherans were also a fervently expansionist people, engaging in warfare to keep their society focused outward in order to stave off decline and decadence. For the most part, the various castes of Kherans were easily able to defeat and subjugate those they faced.

Upon one planet, the Kherans encountered a race that would be called Daemonites, who possessed the ability to possess the bodies of other species and control them. The might of the Kherans were turned against them, and for once, the mighty Kherans faced an enemy that was not only able to pose a significant challenge, but sent them reeling back in defeat. The Daemonites forged themselves into a super-power with the knowledge they stole.

The war raged across worlds, and entire star systems were lost to it. Nobiliar fought in it. For decades, then centuries, and millenia. He was the second to Lord Majestros, who would eventually become the supreme commander of all Kheran forces in the Milky Way. The fate of the war culminated in a grand battle on Earth, and Lord Majestros made the supreme sacrifice to eliminate the Daemonite High Command. His dying order was that Nobiliar protect Earth as though it were his own home, and the younger Kheran complied.

Even devoid of intergalactic war, Nobiliar found Earth had problems all of its own. Its population held metahumans, both virtuous and malignant, and the planet itself endangered the life that grew upon it. Nobiliar faced criminals who sought to take wealth not their own as often as he put out fires or quelled floods. The other metahumans who used their powers to protect their world were hesitant to trust him, because he was a stranger from the stars whose war had wrought terrible destruction upon the Earth, and because instead of turning the metahuman offenders he captured over to the police, Nobiliar either forcibly depowered them employing Kheran science or imprisoned them in an extra-dimensional prison. Beyond that large issue of contention, another reason for the lack of trust was because he simply didn't have a life they could relate to.

Nobiliar was constantly active as a super-hero. Although he possessed a generally secret base of operations below the south pole, it was not a home or place of refuge for him. He did not have an identity where he pretended to be a normal human. And when they did, initially, extend and invitation for him to join their compact, Nobiliar declined. It was only until the galactic conqueror Deimos sought to make Earth his own and attacked with a force of demonic soldiers that Nobiliar took his place alongside Earth's native defenders.

Powers: Super-Strength, Super-Durability (includes immunity to virtually all diseases, survive in a vaccuum, etc.), Super-Speed, Flight, Super-Senses, Energy Beams (fired from the eyes)
Weakness: His mind is lacks any special protection.

Transgirlenstein

I would go into a bit more detail of the super durability since it is easily the most broken (thus is Superman).  For example, can he be shot?  Can he take a really good beating but might have trouble with someone else with equivalant super strength (like say Superman vs. Doomsday)?  Would magic hurt him (like Superman vs. Darkseid)?

Besides that question, it looks great :)

TheVillain

Here's someone for the Batman archetype

Name Edward Nashton AKA "The Enigma"

Gender Unknown (Actually male, but uses holographic technology to confuse the point.)

Race Unknown (Mostly caucasion, but uses holographic technology to confuse the point)

Sexuality Unknown (Actually heterosexual, but purposely takes actions and uses technology to confuse the issue.)

Description "Punk-Rock Riddler" are the words that immediately come to mind. With the use of holographic technology it appears that race, gender, height, and weight change moment to moment. The most common feature is that when in costume his face is blurred into a green feild with a purple question mark. "His" every action seems covered in a layer of absurdity and parody when in costume, which is usually a question-mark themed parody of a religious or authority figure. When out of costume he appears to be tall, lanky, mostly caucasian, almost shaved hair, and rather plain looking. Perfect for blending into crowd, he seems utterly unremarkable.

Bio Born on a world where the moral compass nearly everyone was reversed, this world's Riddler was born Edward Nashton. His loving father tried to instill good values into his son and helped him develop his mental gifts instead of abusing young Eddie horribly. Eventually discovered to have a mutation in his brain chemistry by Owlman, this world's equivalent to Batman, Edward would be placed on "Anti-Psychotic" medication to cancel out his intellegence.

And that was the end of that for a while. Working as a check-out counter boy at Compu-Barn, he'd heard about the raids by the heroic Alexander Luthor- but didn't realize how they could affect him until he couldn't get access to his "medication" anymore. By the time he could get his pills again, he realized the ploy by Owlman and became a dedicated freedom fighter in his world.

Unfortunately, it seems the moral compass of the world itself was such that evil tended to win and Edward Nashton was eventually captured. Whisked away to a secret prison of the Crime Syndicate of Amerika, Edward Nashton was literally moments away from his execution when the transport pulse reached him. Grateful for the second chance at life, "The Enigma" wishes to pay back his benefactor with making a better world.

Powers "The Enigma" seems to be, quite simply, the smartest person alive. An IQ estimated to be somewhere in the 500's, he's a detective and scientist second to none. He seems able to speak, read, write, and understand every language he comes across. As a side effect of such a mind, he also has a very high tolerance against telepathic and mind control abilities. Thanks to training he's a fair-to-middling hand-to-hand combatant to boot.

Weakness A very normal human being otherwise, he's just as delicate as a bystander and can be easily hurt or killed without back up or prep time.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Transgirlenstein

Cold Heritage

Quote from: trippingserpent on July 07, 2009, 08:08:01 PM
I would go into a bit more detail of the super durability since it is easily the most broken (thus is Superman).  For example, can he be shot?  Can he take a really good beating but might have trouble with someone else with equivalant super strength (like say Superman vs. Doomsday)?  Would magic hurt him (like Superman vs. Darkseid)?

He could be shot by some sort of hyper-future gun that shot time bullets or something outlandish, but short of super-science I guess it'd take a nuke to really pose a threat to him in terms of man-made weaponry. He can take a lot of punishment and magic could hurt him, but he's not especially vulnerable to it one way or another. It'd be like regular strength - not every practitioner of the mystic arts'd be a threat to him. You'd need someone like Dr. Fate or a real big name magician to have the magic be a threat.

Against antagonists like Darkseid or Doomsday, he might be in as much trouble as Superman, I guess. With Doomsday it'd be a snap to just toss him to the moon and leave him there until some solution could be found. Against Darkseid things would probably play out in a similar way as Superman vs. Darkseid, except the character I'd play wouldn't have those long, moralizing beatdowns before Darkseid would wipe away some blood and make a snappy comeback before handing Superman his behind back to him.

Enmuro

I can't resist the chance to make an alternate version of the worst superhero ever :)

Name:
OM-A
Race: OMAC Infected Atlantean
Sexuality:asexual/heterosexual
Description:
OM-A in Aquaman form has his classical appearance. Blonde hair, green eyes. Golden fish scale shirt with green spandex pants. He doesn't spend much time in this form these days.

When his cyborg shell manifests, the Atlantean becomes encased in a coral textured suit of blue armor. His salt scarred face is replaced by a glowing red eye, a cyborg visage that never blinks or waivers.

Bio
In his world, Aquaman was the first victim of Brainiac's OMAC nanovirus. However, the virus hadn't been meant for Atlanteans and the resulting cyborg was uncontrollable by Brainiac or the host body.

Under the influence of the rogue virus Aquaman became a cyborg bent on annihilating all crime in the oceans. To this end OMAC-Aquaman (Or simply OM-A) had his scientists modify the nanovirus inside himself to infect and enhance the sea creatures under his control.

OM-A soon came to rule the world's water ways with absolute power and authority. Aquaman, still aware within his cyborg shell, was gradually warped by OM-A's well intentioned actions. Even when the virus was dormant Aquaman acted mostly in line with OMAs ideals.

The teleport pulse caught OM-A just as he was about to execute the crew of a whaling ship. The pulse corrupted his nanomachines and now OM-A finds himself lacking a certain clarity of purpose, and a great deal of his former powers.

Powers

-Many of the OMACs higher functions are inoperative due to the teleport pulse.
-OM-A, in cyborg or Aquaman form, retains Aquaman's superhuman strength and stamina, along with his abilities to control sea animals and breath underwater.
-When the OM-A cyborg shell has activated around Aquaman he gains the ability to infect other sea creatures with a modified OMAC virus that enhances their strength and viciousness.

Weakness:

Aquaman must remain still at the beginning of a battle while his OMAC shell manifests and he runs his opponents through an onboard database. Said database is mostly useless as it still contains data for metahumans in his home world.

GabrielM

i have a char that might be Green Lantern like but I am not sure if he is close enough...I know the history would have to change some but i don't know what do you guys think?

Name: Gabriel Moore
Sex: Male
Nick:Wish
Description: Blond Hair Blue eyes with a slight athletic build. He has a bit of a boyish charm about him.
Powers: He believes that he has some advanced form of illusion casting however when he uses his powers what really happens is that he pulls matter from another dimension to create the things he imagines.Which means his creations have mass and density and whatnot. However Gabriel can only control matter from said dimension he can not alter things from any others. His creations do not need food, sleep, or any other kinds of substances.
Bit of history: Gabriel has one of those generic tragic mutant childhoods complete with the murder of his mother by his own father. Growing up on the street he learned a great deal about people as well as other things. One day a man found him and invited to a school for children with gifts such as his. He accepted the offer thinking anything was better than the streets. While there he met another boy named Xander and they became great friends. Gabriel always tried to look out for Xander and one day they ran away together because of some things that didn't sit well with them.  They stayed together for  several years having many adventures however they did split going their separate ways. Gabriel went off to find himself by taking a spiritual journey studying religions and walks of life that focused on meditation in hopes it would help strengthen his power use. He has been back in the states for a few years now where he owns a bar called The Rough and Tumble in New York.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: GabrielM on July 07, 2009, 10:34:48 PM
i have a char that might be Green Lantern like but I am not sure if he is close enough...I know the history would have to change some but i don't know what do you guys think?

If you hadn't told me it was supposed to be Green Lantern I would never have guessed. It looks like something for some sort of X-Men game, rather than a Justice League one.

GabrielM

Thats why i said the history had to change so for sure like I said though if hes too off I can write up something new.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: GabrielM on July 08, 2009, 01:36:07 AM
Thats why i said the history had to change so for sure like I said though if hes too off I can write up something new.

So what are you going to do? I can't understand you.

GreenHavok

Character Application

Name
Jayson Michael Garrick

Race
Presumably Human, but has been consumed by the speed force.

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Description
About 6'3", light brown hair with green eyes, when his powers are activated, he is a moving humanoid spectre of pure red energy.

Bio
Jayson was a computer programmer on his home Earth, this earth had learned to harness the speed force, not for movement, but for information transfer. This new form of internet allowed massive amounts of information to be transferred in milliseconds. Jayson was trying to encode some files for his employer, Lexcorp, when the router went offline. He started trying to jumpstart the router, and was jolted by the pure power of the speed force, converting his body into a red, formless energy. His new found form had many advantages and disadvantages that he quickly learned to control. He carries a "flash" drive around his neck, allowing him to access his powers at will.

Powers
Being a living incarnation of the speed force, Jayson has super speed, can become intangible, can travel through ethernet connections, and can deliver super speed flurries of punches.

Weakness
On his home world, he had access to all the information available on the internet, making him a certifiable genius as long as a computer was within reach. While at his new home though, he is just a 20 something computer geek, whose arrogance gets the better of him at times. Super speed has made him reckless and short witted. Thinking only of what he could be doing, and not what he should be doing at the moment, he seems a little aloof. With his powers being of an unknown origin, his secret weaknesses are EMP bursts, and anything made of rubber, seeing as it doesn't conduct his electric-like powers.

Transgirlenstein

Sorry Gabriel but he is right.  Think of a character that would have the ring.  Really, just look at any of the Elseworld storylines from DC to get an idea.  In the comics there has been several Lantern versions.  One of them was a world where Bruce Wayne had recieved the ring instead of Hal Jordan, I believe another had a Sinestro who had never gone bad, another world might have a woman Green Lantern, another might have an ape Green Lantern and so on and so forth.

so far we have a Superman who is more alien then human, a Flash consumed by the Speed Force, a cyborg Aquaman (awesome idea by the way) and a Riddler who was one of few heroes on a world run by super villians (who are super heroes in this world).  Look at a few of those for inspiration.

Elven Sex Goddess

I would like to apply,  seeing this thread.  Brought memories of one of my first original games I played in on here.    So like to apply to taking on the role of Zatanna.  Who I played before in that other game.

I am getting ready for work, so will not have a writeup and application until tonight.  If that is alright.

Transgirlenstein

I await it eagerly :)

Zatanna, my 2nd favorite membr after Batman

Rhapsody

Name: Olivia Queen
Race: Caucasian
Sexuality:  Heterosexual.  Rumor persists that she is a lesbian, but this is mostly the doing of jealous male rivals and rejected suitors. 
Description: Cool, aloof and high-society, Ice Queen Olivia dresses the part of the successful cutthroat bitch, with pinstripe skirts and foot-killing heels.  Perfect hair, perfect makeup, perfect manicure.  A single off-handed comment to one of her aides can put thousands out of work, and she knows it.  She's a woman in a man's world, and she's going to succeed, no matter how many laws she has to break or balls she has to bust.
Bio:  Once upon a time, Queen Industries was a company struggling to get off the ground, until Olivia enhanced herself with experimental technology and took on the persona of the Green Arrow to do some corporate raiding.  Ten years, scores of technologies, and dozens of failed rivals later, Queen Industries is on top, and Green Arrow remains as one of the most wanted criminals worldwide.  But Olivia is good at nothing if not hiding her tracks and separating her extracurricular lifestyle from her everyday world.
Powers:  Much like her counterpart she was summoned to replace, Olivia has no superpowers to speak of.  She has, however, enhanced her perception, reflexes and accuracy with extremely experimental bioware developed by Queen Industries.  Years of corporate espionage and thievery have given her uncanny skill with security systems, explosives and computers.  Her powerbow is an advanced bow that allows her to shoot a variety of arrows both normal and trick, with am inbuilt AI component that automatically corrects for wind, distance, visibility, motion and a dozen other factors that might throw off a shot.  This combined with her illegal bioware makes her one of the deadliest archers on the planet.
Weakness: A member of the no-powers club, fragile compared to the rest.

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

zothab

Busy at work at the moment. But I have some thoughts for Wonder Woman. Will pop back in later tonight.

I'm looking into a Power Girl derivative. ^_^

Name: Kara Zor-El (aka The Ultimate)
Race: Kryptonian
Sexuality: Pansexual
Description: Kara The Ultimate is an uncompromising, totally violent and selfish person, with little interest in anything but establishing and expanding her power base. She delights in the domination of others, the subjugation of their will to hers. Given her abilities, these desires are generally fatal to those nearby. She uses her talents wantonly and without remorse.
Biography: It began as slight differences of philosophy in ancient texts. Plato was slightly more aggressive, Shakespeare's plays ended more violently, and many southerners were executed for treason following the United States Civil War, including Robert E Lee. The United States entered the World War before being interfered with, and soundly dominated its enemies, retaining control over them clear into the 1980s. It was then that Superman arrived on the scene, preaching his ways of peace and justice, including the dismantling of the totalitarian American regime. He was scorned by the entire world, and a massive war against him began. LexCorp made itself known during this period for its significant weapons contributions, but even they were not enough to stop the Superman. He was winning, but at the rate the war was going, he would have to wipe out most of human civilization to achieve peace.

It was then that Kara Zor-El arrived, many years later than her cousin. Kal-El was relieved; he would finally have an ally, and perhaps their combined talents could put down the incredibly violent governments of this planet. However, unfortunately for Kal-El, Kara saw an opportunity. She allied secretly with Lex Luthor, plotting to share world power with him, once their plan was complete. The price, of course, was making her immune to the very weapons she was vulnerable to. Armed with LexCorp's anti-Superman weaponry, Kara easily put down the unsuspecting Kal-El, murdering him in cold blood, ending the war with little more than a death rattle from that magnificent man.

Kara Zor-El took her place as the undisputed ruler of the new Terran Empire, personally quashing any and all rebellious movements, leaving no room for doubt that she was superior, and for humanity at least, untouchable. Luthor managed the new government, with Kara serving as the muscle and the figurehead. LexCorp immediately began working on starships, the mass of humanity training to spread to the stars, to dominate the galaxy under the name of The Ultimate. It was not to be, however, as Kara was ripped from her universe and dropped into the Prime Universe, leaving Lex with the sole power. Kara raged against this new existence, using whatever means necessary to find a way back before Lex ruined everything.

Powers: Classic powers of Superman
Weakness: Genetic enhancements provided by LexCorp have eliminated Kara's weaknesses to kryptonite, but have also erased her possible enhancements from differently colored suns. She is still entirely vulnerable to magic, and if she was attacked by a kryptonite- or sun-enhanced Kryptonian, she would be at a disadvantage.

TheVillain

So a dominatrix Power Girl? I'm a little frightened, not going to lie. I take it there will be steps in place to make sure she's a good guy in effect if not willingly? Otherwise, awesome!

And Serpent: Thank you kindly, I try.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Yeah, in short: Make being the good guy beneficial to her, and she'll be the good guy. ^.^ Though, she'll be no means adhere to "good guy" ethics, heheh.

Cold Heritage

I'm curious, Karma. Does the genetic enhancement also remove the weakness to red sun radiation (if she had that to begin with)?

GabrielM

For GL...
Name
Lora Michelle Thompson

Race
Human

Sexuality
Bisexual

Description
About 6', red hair with green eyes

Bio
Lora Thompson lives on an Earth that is very different from the others, you see on her Earth females over the centuries rose up to become the dominate side of the species. Lora was a rather famous novel writer living one day to the next until the ring chose her that is. The ring choose her five years ago and it completely changed her life, the moment she accepted it she felt a well of responsibility rise up withen her and she knew she must use the power for good. Since then she has become on of the greatest and most renowned of heroins. She and the other ladies of the Women's League of Justace protect the world from any and all that would threaten their world.

Powers
She was chosen to be the bearer of the ring for her sector, giving her all the powers associated with it. Universal translator, power burst, flight, creations and so on. However her ring gives her one unique power the power to absorb energy that has been directed at her which in turns powers her ring as well. It also has no impurity to any colors.

Weakness: Her ring is virtually useless against most magic it cannot seem to find the right plans of which some magic moves through and so on. This is not to say all magic. Mind control, hallucinogens, psychic attacks hender her willpower and has a varying degree of effect.