Welcome to Night Vale - Recruiting! - Begins Nov. 19th

Started by Jag, November 08, 2014, 01:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Broadcasting begins in 17 3 days! (because time is irrelevant!)

Information

• What is Night Vale?
  • Game will be played in Bondage: Human Small Groups
  • The game will not follow the cannon story of the podcasts. This is taking place in a pre-Strexcorp Night Vale and when Desert Bluffs gets involved, it will not be like the podcasts.
  • While all genders and sexualities are accepted into the game, this game is not based on romance.
  • This is a Plot game, not a Smut game. However, should you wish for some special Night Valian Loving Time, please PM me and we'll set up a private thread for you and your partner.
  • Game will be using tags and I will accept drawn images for characters (since NPC images are going to be drawn), but I do reserve the right to reject an image. If you do not know how to edit an image down to avatar size, don't fret, I will be making pretty little tag images out of the picture you choose for your character.
  • Cecil's Broadcasts, while cute and fun, are important to the storyline, so when I post one, I do expect it to be read. You don't have to listen to the Weather music though. That's just fun.
  • Speaking of The Weather! If you have any suggestions for songs, PM them to me! I want a nice mix of musical tastes! No AMVs or fanvids (unless they are just that freaking awesome). I would prefer an official music video, a lyric video, or just an album cover video.
  • Time is irrelevant. When I say an Event is going to start on December 5th, yes, it will start on that day IRL, however, that does not mean that it only happens on that day IRL. December 5th can be a long time in game. We will play out an event till we feel it is done. So please do not feel rushed to join in on the exact dates.
  • One post a week is all I'm asking. I'll send you a poke PM after a week (you've been forewarned) if you haven't posted in the OOC about your absence. A week after the poke, we will move on without you.
  • Positions available will all be OCs and are as such: Radio Show Host, Radio Station Crew, Night Vale born citizen, New Comer to Night Vale (can be a Radio Host or Crew or just some person who is moving in or passing through), and Interns (these positions are subject to being killed off).
  • Big Rico's Pizza and the Echo Chamber are chatter threads. These can be used for storyline, but they are also for everyday playing. Time does not matter, because time does not flow normally in Night Vale, so you may be in both at the same time and having separate scenes. Though no mentioning being in two places at once. General character chatter is not usually time stamped or dated.
  • Radio Station and Harbor/Scrub Lands are storyline threads. These are set up for specific reasons. If your character has need to go to one or the other without there being a planned Event, please PM me first. There will come a point in time when these will open up as chatter threads as well, but not to start with.
  • No posting orders. If it feels right to post, then do so.
  • No godmodding.

Links!
- Night Vale Radio Station (NVRS for short)
- Big Rico's Pizza
- The Echo Chamber
- The Night Vale Harbor & Recreation Area That Never Existed / The Scrub Lands
- Desert Bluffs (dundunduuuuuuuuun)
- Citizen Files (NPC Profiles are in here too)
- Recruiting Thread
- OOC

The Story:
According to Cecil
Monday...Here we are. The beginning of our story. For those just tuning in, I should remind you that my show starts promptly at six. Remember that.

Monday morning, the most awful thing happened. Someone is daring to threaten Perfect Carlos' lab. They moved into the empty warehouse across the street from Big Rico's Pizza, not even bothering to care that a lab already exists on that street. How dare they. I bet they were born in Desert Bluffs. Ohhhhh...

Tuesday...Tensions were high on Tuesday. This new lab turned out to be owned by a Doctor. His name is James Montgomery. He brought with him a nurse named Abigale Norwick. Dr. Montgomery, unlike Perfect Carlos, is not perfect. I'm sure Nurse Norwick, judging by the state of those marks on her neck, likes that sort of man. That slick, slimy, cold, dead eyed type with unperfect hair and a narrow jaw.

Perfect Carlos was seen, and heard, shouting through the door of the warehouse according to Old Woman Josie. The woman could only tell me that the shouting was something about the World Government and pregnancy.

I certainly hope Perfect Carlos has not got himself into a sticky situation with some woman. That would be awful. Oh dear, my mood seems to have fallen a bit.

Wednesday...Poor, poor Wednesday. Without the events of Monday, this never would have happened. Who could have predicted that explosion? Actually, someone did. Old Woman Josie made mention of it last week, but no one took notice of it since the information came from the angels and the City Council has stated that angels do not exist and if they did, they only tell lies. Therefore, the explosion is a lie.

I have been asked to state that everyone forget the loud booming noise coming from across the street from Big Rico's Pizza. It did not happen. If you are having trouble forgetting about it, do not worry, the World Government's helicopters will be mind sweeping the area while you sleep to help with the situation.

Thursday...With the explosion that I did not just remind you of forgotten, the week proceeded. Thursday was a wonderful day. Perfect...almost...It started with a phone call. A voice that sounded like melted caramel. It was Carlos. Perfect Carlos. To be honest, Listeners, I didn't really hear anything he said beyond, "Cecil, please come be with me at the lab for the night", which is what I'm sure he meant when he said, "Please come to the lab and do a report for the show".

It was decidedly less exciting than I was hoping. Carlos and his team were all there, much to my surprise. They kept going on about the explosion, which I assured them did not happen across the street from Big Rico's Pizza. I think I was meant to take notes, but I drew a picture of Carlos instead. A picture that I took home, scanned, and played around with that photoshop thing.

Isn't it lovely?

He is just perfect. It's a shame this is radio and you can't see the drawing. It really came out quite nice.

Friday...I don't know about all of you out there listening, but I thought the Night Vale Scorpions did wonderful during the game. Of course how could they not? After all, they were playing against Desert Bluffs, so it was only obvious that they would win. In a petty attempt to reclaim some of their pride, the Desert Bluffs team proceeded to shout about the explosion that didn't happen.

Shame on you, Desert Bluffs, shame on you.

Saturday...I made lemon curd filled popovers and took them over to Perfect Carlos' lab next to Big Rico's Pizza. I'm sad to say that I was not able to share them with him. I knocked on the door several times, but all that could be heard from the inside was quite a bit of shouting. I heard Carlos' perfect voice, but there were several that were unfamiliar to me. Then again, they could be his team members. I never paid enough attention to them learn their voices.

By the way, those popovers are sitting in the employee lounge right now. They might be a little stale though.

Sunday...Nothing ever seems to happen much on Sundays. Probably because we're all still working off the affects of the pesticides the World Government sprays over the town Saturday nights. I have been assured that we will become used to the pesticides and soon it will have no affect on us what so ever.

Radio Shows Hosted by Night Vale Community Radio Station!
Welcome to Night Vale: Hosted by Cecil. Daily and weekly news. Community announcements. Sports. Personal life commentary.
The Hairy Ballerina: Hosted by Jez Orlot. Romantic, scientific, family, and life advice. PM Jager with all your questions for Jez to answer in her broadcasts!
What You Should Be Thinking...: Hosted by Darius Blake. "When I have the time, stop pestering me, while I experiment on my neighbor's cat."

Anyway...Post if you're interested!
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Jag

The City of Night Vale

Playable Places of Night Vale

- Night Vale Radio Station (NVRS for short)
- Big Rico's Pizza
- The Echo Chamber
- The Night Vale Harbor & Recreation Area That Never Existed / The Scrub Lands

- Desert Bluffs (dundunduuuuuuuuun)

Valuable Information
- Helicopter Colors:
         -Black: Probably World Government. Not a good area for play that day.
         -Blue: That's the sheriff's secret police. They'll keep a good eye on your kids and hardly ever take one.
         -Painted with complex murals depicting birds of prey diving: No one knows what those helicopters are, or what they want. Do not play in the area. Return to your homes and lock the doors.
- Sunday is Dot Day! Red dots on what you love. Blue dots on what you don't. Mixing those can cause permanent consequences.
- A list of things that kill people:
          - Conceivably anything.
          - Not guns. We're all invincible to bullets and it's a miracle.
- 5 stamps on your Alert Citizen Card will get you 1 year of stop sign immunity!
- If you see something, say nothing and drink to forget.
- Dogs and people are not allowed in the Dog Park. Hooded figures welcomed. Do not look at the dog park.
- Books have currently stopped working.

Planned Events
- Christmas Krampus Walks Among Us
- Gremlins Need Love Too / The Valentines Day Apocalypse
- Street Cleaning Day
- Mandatory Reading Celebration sponsored by Dr. James Montgomery and Nurse Norwick
- Escape from Night Vale
- Love Thy Enemy

Jag

Character Sheets

Name of Applicant:
Blood Type:
Sex:
How can you be contacted: (Please note that psychically will no longer be an option, thank you)
How did you hear about us: (Psychically will be acceptable for this)
Position: (Radio Host, Native Night Valer, Intern, New Comer to Night Vale, NVRS Crew) (You can be a Native and be a Radio Host at the same time, same goes for New Comer to Night Vale. Interns can be Native or New Comer...you get the point)
Have you ever hosted a radio show before: (if you're going to be a Radio Host)
What is the name of your show: (if a Radio Host)
Tell us about yourself:
Have you ever seen a ghost:
Do you believe in angels:
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: (if so, application may be denied)
Is there any bodily fluid you have issues cleaning up:
Are you willing to fill in for the interns should they go missing:
Please include a photograph: (for Interns, make it pretty, cause this is the photo we will use for the Missing Persons posters and Funeral Announcements)
[ img height=300]http://IMG URL HERE[/img]

[color=purple][b]Name of Applicant:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Age:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Astrological Sign:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Blood Type:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Sex:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]How can you be contacted:[/b][/color] (Please note that psychically will no longer be an option, thank you)
[color=purple][b]How did you hear about us:[/b][/color] (Psychically will be acceptable for this)
[color=purple][b]Position:[/b][/color] (Radio Host, Native Night Valer, Intern, New Comer to Night Vale, NVRS Crew) (You can be a Native and be a Radio Host at the same time, same goes for New Comer to Night Vale. Interns can be Native or New Comer...you get the point)
[color=purple][b]Have you ever hosted a radio show before:[/b][/color] (if you're going to be a Radio Host)
[color=purple][b]What is the name of your show:[/b][/color] (if a Radio Host)
[color=purple][b]Tell us about yourself:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Have you ever seen a ghost:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Do you believe in angels:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs:[/b][/color] (if so, application may be denied)
[color=purple][b]Is there any bodily fluid you have issues cleaning up:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Are you willing to fill in for the interns should they go missing:[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Please include a photograph:[/b][/color] (for Interns, make it pretty, cause this is the photo we will use for the Missing Persons posters and Funeral Announcements)
[img height=300]http://IMG URL HERE[/img]

Example and Jag's OC!

Name of Applicant: Jez Orlot
Age: Birthdays are subject to change on a daily basis since clocks don't work. However, the Secret Police issued my ID and it says 32.
Astrological Sign: Pisces
Blood Type: The red type.
Sex: Depends on the placement of the moon.
How can you be contacted: Spirit board, of course.
How did you hear about us: Cecil's voice lulls me to sleep over the sounds of the World Government Helicopters every night.
Position: Native Night Valer and New Radio Show Host
Have you ever hosted a radio show before: Only in my mind and four of my past lives.
What is the name of your show: The Hairy Ballerina
Tell us about yourself: My family was a founding family of Night Vale. We were part of the umpteenth group of travellers that passed through the area and we were the only ones not to move on. We've been here since the beginning. All family photo albums are confiscated though and we are subject to re-education should we actually discuss our family.
Have you ever seen a ghost: Yes. Ghosts are beautiful, but they do not exist.
Do you believe in angels: Angels do not exist. I can't afford another re-education.
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: Dear gods no! My family has been in Night Vale for centuries! We were a founding family. Desert Bluffs is an awful place.
Is there any bodily fluid you have issues cleaning up: Only amphibian kinds.
Are you willing to fill in for the interns should they go missing: Of course. I know my duties to my city.
Please include a photograph:

Please PM Character Sheets to me! Thanks!

Blythe

Highly interested! I'm glad the game won't be starting until December 1st, as it would give me time to make a good character sheet. ^^

I'm leaning to being an intern or a newcomer to Night Vale.  :-)

Jag

I guess I should post a link to what Night Vale is for those that don't know what it is. >.<

Jag

Remember, Interns are always up for being on the chopping block. *nods*

Oh and just as a little spoiler...all characters will be going to Desert Bluffs at some point. Not going to let onto when or why just yet. >.>

TheHangedOne

I'll play a a native Night Valer. Also, are the librarians dangerous, Jagerin? Will we have to live in fear of them?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Jag

For a native Night Valer...most definitely. Not that the fear stops people, now does is? ^__^

Also, added maps and the areas that will be available to play in to start with (but not Desert Bluffs, that's just there because of reasons).

Jag

Rel Mayer

This looks so interesting! I'm bookmarking to follow it! :)

Dys Astyr

NIGHT VALE FTW!

I mean, eh, cough yes, I am interested in this.
Nuzzles the NV goodness and gets her smell all over it

;D

Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Jag

Yay! More peoples! *flails with happiness*

Also, posted an example character sheet (which is also my OC).

Galanthor

Yay! We're back on air!
Would love to do the radioshow host
By the way...is this going to be before the strepscorp storyline cause tgat changed a LOT especially regarding desert bluffs

Jag

This time around, if you want to be a radio host, you can make broadcasts too. Jez is going to make them once in a while. I've decided she has an Advice show. Either taking call in questions or mail or text or spirit board. You don't have to do broadcasts though. Just a fun side option.

As for your question...let me get back to you on it. I plan on this being original from the podcast storyline wise...but due to personal issues, I haven't listened to it since about episode 25. I'm relistening to it all and it shouldn't take me long. I started yesterday and I'm already on number 23.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Galanthor

Quote from: Jagerin on November 09, 2014, 11:08:49 AM
This time around, if you want to be a radio host, you can make broadcasts too. Jez is going to make them once in a while. I've decided she has an Advice show. Either taking call in questions or mail or text or spirit board. You don't have to do broadcasts though. Just a fun side option.

As for your question...let me get back to you on it. I plan on this being original from the podcast storyline wise...but due to personal issues, I haven't listened to it since about episode 25. I'm relistening to it all and it shouldn't take me long. I started yesterday and I'm already on number 23.
Sounds cool

Jag

Characters and peoples! Yay!

Attention Night Valers and Lurkers and people who don't have any idea what Night Vale is, but clicked in here anyway...Ever wanted romantic, scientific, family, or life advice? Sure you have. We all have. Because we're, mostly, human! Who better to give advice than a Night Vale Native? No one! That's who!

So send all your crazy questions to this lovely GM with her booty shaking avatar so that Jez can answer them all in her opening broadcast of The Hairy Ballerina on December 1st in Welcome to Night Vale.

Jez will answer all your questions with her wonderfully Night Vale advice!

Jag

We've got more new characters in! We've got questions for Jez in (but I still want more, otherwise I'm going to have to start making stuff up...though that would still be as strange as the stuff I have received so far)! I've got two broadcasts written for you all!

Yay for Night Vale!

And Galanthor, as for your question before, I've decided that we're going to go with my OC view and plot for Desert Bluffs and such because the podcast storyline itself wouldn't quite fit in. There will likely be mentions of some stuff, but for the most part, for this game at this time, our story is going to be pre-strepscorp Night Vale and Desert Bluffs.

Galanthor

ok...
i'll shoot you lotsa questions once my char is submitted...only got my internet back this day

Jag

Looking forward to the character, Galanthor!

For a peek at approved character so far (it's just images)!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Also, The Whispering Forest will be replaced as a Playable Location by The Echo Chamber. It is located in the Old Town of Night Vale. It is right off the main road running through Old Town Night Vale and can be seen from our lovely Cecil's apartment window. Please check the detailed town map and see if you can find it!

The Echo Chamber is run by Night Vale's own Randolph Carter (played by TheHangedMan).

TheHangedOne

Everyone should come to The Echo Chamber. There will be chanting, and reasonably priced (and entirely legal and City Council approved) espressos, and maybe even a few visitors from strange, otherwordly dimensions. You want to come to The Echo Chamber. You want to bring your Book of Chants.  O:)
Check out my poet tree!

Blythe

Submitting a possible character sheet!  ;D

Jag

Yay for Bly characters!

What image of Khoshekh do you all like best?

Because everyone should get a chance to decide how the Night Vale Radio Station pet looks. Players and lurkers alike are welcome to post just to vote!

TheHangedOne

1 or 3. It's really tough for me to choose between the two.
Check out my poet tree!

Dys Astyr

Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3