News:

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls Online

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 01, 2014, 01:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Right now I've found one of the 'gaps' of the zone setup.. Here I am at 24-26 and fighting 30-31 quest critters.

Ryven

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 13, 2014, 12:51:52 AM
I don't sweat the points too much as I can find a map to ensure I get my shards for each region I'm around in. I figure that one crafter.. then do the rest as better outfitted starting out. :D

Can you share this map with me? :o

Ryven

Quote from: Dashenka on April 14, 2014, 08:49:10 AM
Everybody still happy with the game? Happy enough to pay the steep monthy fee? Work's settling down in a month orso, need to know whether to buy TESO or not :)

Double post.  Sorry.

How is the fee steep?  It's no different than any other MMO of this type that I've played.  WoW, WAR, and SWtoR all had/have monthly fees of this amount.

Dashenka

It's more expensive than WoW. Plus, what I've played in the beta wasn't really an MMO, just another Elder Scrolls.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Dovel

Perhaps that was an old post you saw Dashenka. It has the same sub price as WoW and most MMOs

$14.99 - 1 Month
$13.99 - 3 Month
$12.99 - 6 Month

At least that is what it is in the US. Is it more expensive overseas?

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Dashenka

Hmm.. You are right actually. I just saw the monthly price and compared it to my WoW subscription. I pay WoW per three months making it cheaper than TESO for 1 month.

Prices in EU and England are the same as WoW as well.

Thanks! That opens some perspectives :D

Dovel

Very nice. I hope you have fun exploring the new world.

~smiles~

Dashenka

I won't start now yet. Way too busy with work. But when it costs the same as WoW, which I didn't know, I might give it a try.

It still doesn't solve the problem about the lack of 'MMO' stuff I experienced in the beta.

Ryven

Quote from: Dashenka on April 15, 2014, 06:40:25 AM
I won't start now yet. Way too busy with work. But when it costs the same as WoW, which I didn't know, I might give it a try.

It still doesn't solve the problem about the lack of 'MMO' stuff I experienced in the beta.

What exactly was it lacking?  'MMO' stuff is a vague way to refer to it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ryven on April 15, 2014, 05:16:19 AM
Can you share this map with me? :o

http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-skyshard-location-map/

Feel to repay me with gear to tear apart for more skill ups.. I'm sitting at 15 Clothing/woodworking, 12 Blacksmithing. :D

Ryven

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 15, 2014, 04:15:03 PM
http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-skyshard-location-map/

Feel to repay me with gear to tear apart for more skill ups.. I'm sitting at 15 Clothing/woodworking, 12 Blacksmithing. :D

I am currently working on provisioning, so unless you need food, I don't really have any gear to give you.

Dashenka

Quote from: Ryven on April 15, 2014, 03:48:43 PM
What exactly was it lacking?  'MMO' stuff is a vague way to refer to it.

What makes it different from let's say Skyrim? Except for the fact that you see some other players run about? I know there is instances but the whole MMO feel that you need to interact with other players isn't there. Or let me rephrase, I haven't seen it yet.
What I've seen is just TES 6, which is probably brilliant in its own way but is worth to pay a monthly fee for.

Also when I was in the beta, the group system was incredibly difficult. Inviting somebody to your party and then getting to the same location was idiotically complicated, probably because of that megaserver. They had the same things with GuildWars 2 and the eventually fixed it. Hope they did the same with TESO.

Arohk

There are plenty of Elite mobs in the areas that require groups to defeat. Unless you're a high level, anyways. But once you're a Veteran it's completely out the window. You need other people for certain quests. Especially the ends of some quest chains in particular. As well, there are anchors that drop that require a group, and like many other MMOs, there are dungeons and instances that you need to group for. They are adding a larger Raid in soon as well that will also require people. It's definitely not just TES VI. It still feels like an Elder Scrolls game, but it also feels pleasantly and refreshingly different. Expanding on this, I think it's a very refreshing MMO experience period. It's different from anything else out there.

What stage of Beta were you in? I was in nearly 6 months of the Beta before it was released, and the only stages that were a problem were the early ones where there were still watermarks on your screen. I had no problem grouping or using Zone chat to find groups. Even less so in PvP. Getting to the same location as other people is/was actually pretty easy? You can just right-click their name and click 'Travel to Player' and it takes you to them- free of charge as well. Not sure if you were aware of the feature or if they had disabled it at your time of playing, but it's incredibly simple. I was actually truly impressed by all the means in which you can communicate and group with other people.

That being said, I think their Group Finder needs some work, but it's still a good feature to have. Just refine it a little and it'll be perfect. The Group Finder is something you can use to automatically place you into someone else's group based on your role or have other people placed into your group. Whether that be for Elite mobs or dungeons or instances. There is a category in the drop-down menu for each.

Anyways, I yammered enough. c: Hope that answers some things!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ryven on April 15, 2014, 05:34:47 PM
I am currently working on provisioning, so unless you need food, I don't really have any gear to give you.

What? You never get yummy armor weapon drops that you could mail to me?

Ryven

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 16, 2014, 01:28:26 PM
What? You never get yummy armor weapon drops that you could mail to me?

I suppose I could, but then how would I fund myself. :P  Besides, you would get more exp from breaking down other peeps stuff that they make.  I'll try to send you some stuff on my nightblade though.  He's a woodworker.

Callie Del Noire

Well then I'll do the same with my stuff after I get the next run of items done up. :D

I just burned through like 100+ bits of lumber.

Ryven

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 16, 2014, 05:51:16 PM
Well then I'll do the same with my stuff after I get the next run of items done up. :D

I just burned through like 100+ bits of lumber.

I'm only level 15, so I'm not sure how much help they'll be.  I will try though.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ryven on April 16, 2014, 06:05:04 PM
I'm only level 15, so I'm not sure how much help they'll be.  I will try though.

Well my woodworking and clothing are only 16 each.. but a good few things found have put a HUGE bump to my xp

Dovel

If you give it a try I recommend some Addons.

Azurah Interface

- Azurah enhances the interface by providing additional information and customization options while maintaining most of the stock look and feel of the game's standard UI.

Wykkyd's Framework

- An addon package that provides bundled, streamlined functionality designed to support the development of other addons.

Xenolord

Just a heads up to all my beloved Tamriel-Bound peoples. I will be coming back this weekend, starting Friday. If I promised you an invite, and Callie hasn't delivered yet, expect it Friday. So glad people are joining us!

A note. While we are primarily a social/role play guild, I would ask any Erp be kept to E. Because obvious reasons.

Saerwen

So nice to see others playing ESO. I have it for now, still on the fence if I'm going to pay the sub fee, after the first month. But we'll see, for now I am liking the game, just a bit nervous about the rp side of things. RP is why I play mmo's and I've yet to see much ( yes I know its still new) but without a true rp server, I'm wondering how the rp will be handled in the game.

Dashenka

So.. question..

If I install the game can I switch servers freely after that?

I'd like to make a character on the US server to play with you guys but I'd also like a character on the EU server at the same time. Think that's possible?

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: Dashenka on April 22, 2014, 02:43:08 AM
So.. question..

If I install the game can I switch servers freely after that?

I'd like to make a character on the US server to play with you guys but I'd also like a character on the EU server at the same time. Think that's possible?

You can have 8 characters on each server, I think you have to have a separate launcher for each one

Dovel

Yes you can play on both.

North American and European Megaserver, has a blurb about it.

Accounts can maintain a total of eight characters per server, so players could have a total of 16 characters if they play on both servers. Players will also have to download the game client a second time if they wish to play on both megaserver.

Game client is about 30 GB so make sure you have the room for two.

Dashenka

Hmm that is good I guess. 60 Gb shouldn't be a problem after I remove some other games I hardly play... like GW2 and LOTRO :D